2009 ING Australian Grand Prix

AzShadow

Re: F1 News

Post by AzShadow » 02 Apr 2009, 08:31

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74138 wrote:Hamilton, Trulli summoned by FIA

Lewis Hamilton and Jarno Trulli have been formally summoned to a fresh stewards inquiry to discuss what happened between them under the safety car at the Australian Grand Prix.

Although the stewards ruled that Trulli had been in breach of the regulations, the Toyota driver has maintained his innocence - claiming that Hamilton slowed deliberately.

Speaking to Malaysia's New Strait Times, Trulli said: "The FIA really got it wrong in that decision. We have all the evidence, including Hamilton's admission, that I did not overtake him. He let me pass.

"Under those circumstances, Hamilton had a problem and he slowed down, almost stopping. And he allowed me to pass. There was nothing else I could do, but keep going, and in order to do that, I had to pass him."

Hamilton said in the immediate aftermath of the race that he slowed down to let Trulli pass him following instructions from his team.

The FIA has called the meeting under Article 179b of the International Sporting Code, which gives the governing body the right of review of events if 'a new element' is discovered.

The FIA has recalled Olafur Gudmundsson and Steve Chopping, stewards from the Australian GP, to the hearing with Hamilton and Trulli - which is to take place at 1pm local time in Malaysia. In addition, Malaysian GP steward Surinder Thatti will join them to rule if the decision to demote Trulli should be upheld in Malaysia.

Toyota's team radio at the final stages of Australian GP:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OohT1HbaEF0

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74141 wrote:Vettel asked by FIA to discuss penalty

Sebastian Vettel has been asked by the FIA to go and discuss the 10-place grid penalty he was handed for his involvement in a crash with Robert Kubica at the Australian Grand Prix.

The German's Red Bull Racing team has confirmed that Vettel has been asked by FIA race stewards' advisor Alan Donnelly to go through the rationale for being hit with a penalty for the clash that came as he fought for second place with Kubica in Melbourne.

It is not clear whether the FIA is considering revising the penalty off its own back, but Red Bull Racing team principal Christian Horner made it clear his outfit was not involved in any formal bid to reduce the punishment.

"Alan Donnelly has asked to have a chat with Sebastian to go through the rationale behind their penalty," said Horner, when asked by AUTOSPORT to clarify the situation.

"To me I thought the penalty was harsh. We thought it was very much a racing incident. Sebastian was defending his line and it [the penalty] depended on what was discussed during the stewards' hearing. So I think Alan wanted to speak to Sebastian about that. I think that is the long and short of it."

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 02 Apr 2009, 08:55

Hamilton disqualified from Aussi GP. Trulli is 3rd again.

Reason for that: 'deliberately misleading' stewards.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: 2009 FORMULA 1 ING Australian Grand Prix

Post by Ali » 02 Apr 2009, 08:58

Hamilton disqualified from Aussi GPi. Trilli is 3rd again.

Reason for that: 'deliberately misleading' stewards
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

Tommi
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Tommi » 02 Apr 2009, 09:07

:thumbsup:

Tommi
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Tommi » 02 Apr 2009, 09:10

Hamilton is an idiot. First he said to the stewards that he didn't let Trulli pass, but for the media he said that later. :shhh:

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 02 Apr 2009, 09:29

Yeah it was quite clear when McLaren talked to the press after the GP. I don't like the way McLaren's going nowadays. Anyway, let's wait and see what happens with Vettel's penalty.

Btw James Allen wrote in his blog that with the new FIA transparency rules we should be able to hear the full radio extracts of the incident later on.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 02 Apr 2009, 09:57

Ali wrote:Hamilton disqualified from Aussi GP. Trulli is 3rd again.

Reason for that: 'deliberately misleading' stewards.

Lesson: In April, stewards are FoolProof. :lol:

Good ... But WTF have edit Prediction system Rnd 1 result once again &doh
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

harrisv48
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: 2009 FORMULA 1 PETRONAS Malaysian Grand Prix

Post by harrisv48 » 02 Apr 2009, 10:17

McLaren disqualified from Australian Grand Prix

The McLaren team has been disqualfied from the Australian Grand Prix following a detailed stewards' investigation into the incident involving the Englishman and Jarno Trulli on Sunday; the World Champion passed the Toyota under safety car conditions as the Italian ran off the circuit, before then slowing to allow Trulli to retake his position.
For repassing the McLaren, the Toyota driver was handed with a 25-second time penalty which resulted in him losing both his podium position and indeed any chance of points, as the tightly packed field finished the race under the safety car. As Toyota withdrew what would be a seemingly hopeless appeal this week, Trulli reminded onlookers of his version of events: "When the safety car came out towards the end of the race, Lewis Hamilton passed me but soon after he suddenly slowed down and pulled over to the side of the road. I thought he had a problem, so I overtook him as there was nothing else I could do."
Hamilton admitted to passing the Toyota as it ran across the grass at Turn 15, subsequently explaining that his team then instructed him to yield to Trulli. "I was behind Trulli under the safety car, and clearly you're not allowed to overtake under the safety car but he went off in the second to last corner," he explained to SpeedTV on Sunday. "He went wide and onto the grass, I guess his tyres were cold. I slowed down as much as I could, but was forced to go by. I was then told to let him back past, but I don't know if that's in the regulations and, if it isn't, I should really have had third."
Despite those comments, however, the stewards claim that Hamilton made no mention of this during their post-race investigation into the incident just minutes later, stating that he infact did not slow down to allow the Toyota to retake the place. Having received a recording of McLaren's radio broadcast during the race, the FIA has removed entire team from the final results of the race for providing 'deliberately misleading' information. This includes the second driver, Heikki Kovalainen, who will effectively not suffer the consequences having retired at the end of the first lap.
The governing body has also lifted Trulli's penalty, which places the Toyota driver back into the third position he originally achieved in Australia.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 02 Apr 2009, 10:24

Poor Zack :p

here is the Toyota team radio

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 02 Apr 2009, 10:25

I would imagine that what happened was that Hamilton did let Trulli pass, and his team either told him to do so or supported him in doing so, but then said something directly contrary in the stewards' briefing. Then when all the penalties and punishments had been dished out, the stewards realized that he had actually done something cimpletely different.

IF Hamilton did actually let Trulli past by slowing a massive amount to gove him back the place, THEN complained about him, Hamilton deserves everything he got.

However since I didn't see the incident (anyone found a link to footage? I haven't.. :( ) I can't actually judge, and all I'd say I'd like to be able to see, and hear the radio transmissions so that I can judge.

I'd advise everyone to reserve their judgement of this until they have too.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 02 Apr 2009, 10:29

TwistedArmco wrote:However since I didn't see the incident (anyone found a link to footage? I haven't.. :( )

http://www.mediafire.com/?2wnwjowxjzy - Trulli/Hamilton incident (uploaded by Phil1993)

And here is the Toyota team radio:

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 02 Apr 2009, 10:32

phil1993 wrote:Lewis is not Schumacher :O

Not Schumacher.. almost there. :lol:
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 02 Apr 2009, 10:46

Fergie1 wrote:I would go as far as calling him a retard if he lied to the stewards. I can't believe anyone apart from Schumacher would be stupid enough to do that. :lol:

:zz: :zz:

harrisv48
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by harrisv48 » 02 Apr 2009, 10:57

Nice...the team radio Administrator you are the best!

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 02 Apr 2009, 11:00

Zack wrote:
Good ... But WTF have edit Prediction system Rnd 1 result once again &doh

:lol: