2009 ING Australian Grand Prix

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: 2009 FORMULA 1 ING Australian Grand Prix

Post by TwistedArmco » 02 Apr 2009, 20:52

I think it should be left there too, Rachael. I think they've had their come-uppance. Talk of any further action is just silly.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

Rachael The Great
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Rachael The Great » 02 Apr 2009, 20:56

TwistedArmco wrote:I think it should be left there too, Rachael. I think they've had their come-uppance. Talk of any further action is just silly.
Totally agree, yes. They've had the points taken away, thats it. Done. Everyone should just get on with it.
ForzaSFM123 wrote:McLaren and Lewis took a chance and lied all for just one extra point. Had they not had all their points taken, chances are they would lie again.
I don't think it was Lewis. He was instructed by McLaren, he was following instructions.

LedFNZep
kart driver
kart driver

Post by LedFNZep » 02 Apr 2009, 20:58

I think it should be left alone now, they have no points for Sundays race so just leave it at that and get on with the racing...

firdausrzk
car driver
car driver

Post by firdausrzk » 02 Apr 2009, 21:09

what a waste..from my opinion...cheating is not a solution to gain advantage..just for 1 point..5 point is better than zero..mclaren should be more honest...no need to cheat..i think it wsnt a supprise bcause they did it when they spy on ferrari..and get cought..

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 02 Apr 2009, 21:22

Rachael-The-Great wrote: I don't think it was Lewis. He was instructed by McLaren, he was following instructions.
He didn't have to lie. It was mostly about him so his statements had the most significance. He would have avoided any penalty had he been honest and even if FIA had done something to McLaren, the team wouldn't have done anything to Hamilton considering his position in there. So Hamilton was in it the whole time and he's baring the consequences too.

MP4/4#12
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by MP4/4#12 » 02 Apr 2009, 21:42

TwistedArmco wrote:Exactly. The actual slowing down was pretty insubstantial really (having now seen it - here it is if you haven't) and Trulli strictly COULD have stayed behind, although Hamilton was almost at a crawl. It was the contradictory and misleading statements intended to land Trulli in trouble and gain one measly point that McLaren sunk themselves with. I think Hamilton is fairly blameless in all this - he was the one being told what to say and do - he can't do much but follow the orders of his team. But as for McLaren generally, their reputation isn't really in the finest form at the moment, and deservedly so.
As a Man he must have his own principels, he shouldn`t do everything his team demands, if he feeled that the line of sportsmanship would be crossed he would say NO. Call me "old school" but these "kids" driving F1 cars sometimes act like it: just kids. Even worse is to lie, the punishment in y opinion is fair, not because it`s Lewis, i couldn`t care less, but an example has to be made from this, imagine if the points are rewarded to him even after he lied, what would others do next ? Hamilton as a top racer will always be one of the main "targets" for compliments and critics, he will be fine, the menace to exclude him (didnt read anything about it) out of the WChamp is simply.....ridiculous, this time is Mclaren with no excuses, at the middle of all this "poor Hamilton" thing where are Trulli and Toyota`s interests, are they just figures ? What about the 1st punishement for Trulli ? No discussions about it, it`s a Toyota who cares ? Well, me as a F1 fan, i do. 3rd place is well given after all i`ve read.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 02 Apr 2009, 21:45

Mark my words: Hamilton will be excluded from the Championship, this is their possibility to stop Hamilton. If they won't exclude Hamilton; he will answer on the track, and (mark my words again) with raw speed, as the British would saw! He is mentally one of the strongest drivers on the grid, thanks to all the penalties he has had. This in combination with his talent, is a championship winning formula, like 2008. Just the car isn't working at the moment. But like everyone is saying at Woking: "We haven't forgot to win!"

And like everyone else is saying: They should leave it this way, no further actions should be taken! The DQ is already too much. They should have switched positions between Hamilton and Trulli, and give Hamilton a fine! Like they would have done with any other driver, and of course a fine for McLaren to, just to warn them. Then they won't keep information away from the FIA in the future. This DQ is, like Belgium 2008, again not(!) good for this sport and it's image!

I will leave it this way, I have already said too much about this ridiculous DQ. And I am fully behind Whitmarsh: McLaren didn't lie, that's my opinion! Point.
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

newtrex
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by newtrex » 02 Apr 2009, 21:49

Even though I do not like Hamilton, I am absolutely disappointed with this decision. They could have given Hamilton 4th place and Truli 3rd place.

MP4/4#12
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by MP4/4#12 » 02 Apr 2009, 21:53

joostlamers wrote:Mark my words: Hamilton will be excluded from the Championship, this is their possibility to stop Hamilton. If they won't exclude Hamilton; he will answer on the track, and (mark my words again) with raw speed, as the British would saw! He is mentally one of the strongest drivers on the grid, thanks to all the penalties he has had. This in combination with his talent, is a championship winning formula, like 2008. Just the car isn't working at the moment. But like everyone is saying at Woking: "We haven't forgot to win!"

And like everyone else is saying: They should leave it this way, no further actions should be taken! The DQ is already too much. They should have switched positions between Hamilton and Trulli, and give Hamilton a fine! Like they would have done with any other driver, and of course a fine for McLaren to, just to warn them. Then they won't keep information away from the FIA in the future. This DQ is, like Belgium 2008, again not(!) good for this sport and it's image!

I will leave it this way, I have already said too much about this ridiculous DQ. And I am fully behind Whitmarsh: McLaren didn't lie, that's my opinion! Point.
Ok, that`s your view, but honnestly with all the millions they have what diference would it make to both of them ? FIA punishes where it hits hard: POINTS. Hamilton wont be ruled out, dont be naif. And i understand your statements as a fan, but don`t be blind mate, nobody is above the FIA and you simply can`t lie to them about a race situation, specially if its discovered a few days later, it only gets worse.

morsus
kart driver
kart driver

Post by morsus » 02 Apr 2009, 22:33

just a simple fact blown out of proportion by everyone, stweards included.

Someone wrote that both drivers solved it on circuit, let them finish the race and go home.
Too much politics = less fun and 'less sports'.

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 02 Apr 2009, 23:02

Some ridiculous posts in here, some of you are totally missing the point.

Of course it´s a desaster once again to change the race result about 3 times and disqualify a driver 4 days after the race, BUT

what McLaren/Hamilton did in Melbourne was cheating of the highest order, how can this not be punished, like some posters here demand? Ridiculous!

If we put this penalty into historical context it´s actually quite "soft", in the mid 90´s people gpt race bans for less.

McLaren are not doing themselves any favours at all, since 2007 they´re all over the place in terms of punishment. Some were harsh, but in general you have to agree that it always needs 2 parties and McLaren are operating in grey areas like no other team the last 2 years.

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 03 Apr 2009, 00:25

morsus wrote:just a simple fact blown out of proportion by everyone, stweards included.

Someone wrote that both drivers solved it on circuit, let them finish the race and go home.
Too much politics = less fun and 'less sports'.
amen

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 03 Apr 2009, 09:41

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74189 wrote: McLaren 'embarrassed' by Oz events

Speaking during a tense FIA press conference at Sepang on Friday, Whitmarsh said he had no choice but to suspend Ryan for his behaviour in the stewards' meeting.

"It has become clear from discussions with Dave last night and through into this morning that during the stewards meeting after the Australian Grand Prix, he was not entirely full and truthful in the answers he gave the stewards," said Whitmarsh.

"Consequently we had no alternative today other than to suspend him. As you can imagine, it is a very sad day for the team. We have got to deal with this weekend. We have to look in a bit more detail all of the events that surrounded it.

"From my perspective obviously it is a point of deep, deep regret – it is not how I wanted this year in particular to start. It is something for which the team and myself are not only deeply embarrassed but deeply regretful, and for Davey it has been a shattering day for him."

Whitmarsh explained that Ryan and Hamilton's decision not to tell the stewards about the radio conversation between team and driver was taken unilaterally, without consultation with senior management.

"I think anyone who knows Davey will know that he did not set out with any deliberate intention to mislead the stewards," said Whitmarsh.

"He went to that meeting with Lewis I am sure with the intention of being very clear and straightforward, but I think during the course of that meeting, as we have explored it more with him over the past 24 hours, it has become clear that he was not as full and comprehensive as he could have been."

When asked if he felt Hamilton had also been truthful in the meeting, Whitmarsh said: "No. I think that Lewis was not entirely truthful, but we have spoken to Davey. He was the senior member of the team and they went into the situation together.

"I think they were trying to deal with the situation and they got it wrong – but Davey as the senior member of the team was responsible for what happened and therefore I took the decision this morning."

Hamilton has called a special press conference for Sepang this afternoon to explain his role in the events that took place in Australia last week.
Sounds kind of like the Spygate in 2007. First they said that no-one from the senior management knew anything and in the end it appeared that everyone knew about what was going on. :roll::

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Re: 2009 FORMULA 1 PETRONAS Malaysian Grand Prix

Post by JoostLamers » 03 Apr 2009, 09:47

James Allen: "Hamilton will speak at 5-45pm local time and is likely to admit that he lied and apologise. Huge moment in his career."
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 03 Apr 2009, 10:04

When asked if he felt Hamilton had also been truthful in the meeting, Whitmarsh said: "No. I think that Lewis was not entirely truthful, but we have spoken to Davey. He was the senior member of the team and they went into the situation together.
omg ... laughing hard :rofl:

I think Mclaren have overreacted.And even stewards should have 'explored' Team Radio on event ...this dynamic result system is f.horrible! :<>:
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO