Results of 2009 Malaysian GP Predictions

ric.rios
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Results of 2009 Malaysian GP Predictions

Post by ric.rios » 05 Apr 2009, 20:01

Well, my position was better than last race...
Barrichello: 300 GP's
"Turbinado no pé, imbatível na fé, brasileiro é que é."

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 05 Apr 2009, 20:27

pretty consistent :p
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

formulaonemadman
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by formulaonemadman » 05 Apr 2009, 20:43

Ali wrote:
phil1993 wrote:- Kovalainen beached himself in the gravel
- Glock and Webber made slight contact

where at least 1 car cannot continue the race or needs attention."
do all the spins into the gravel count?
Nope, spins (and so DNFs due to spins) are not counted as accidents. In Glock's case, as far as I remember they didn't change the front wing and both drivers managed to continue. So it's not an accident either. But I think what formulaonemadman mentioned is another case at the start of the race, which I might have missed.

Or maybe we can discuss it. If you all want to count spins as accidents, then we should go that direction. It's open to discussion.
it was the glock and webber incident. :cool:
thanks shail69 for the avator!!!

http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?P36

f1freak
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by f1freak » 06 Apr 2009, 08:28

According to me only spins without damaging any parts of the car cannot be considered as an accident.

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 06 Apr 2009, 08:47

formulaonemadman wrote:
it was the glock and webber incident. :cool:
formulaonemadman, it was not an accident. Glock and Webber both managed to continue without needing any repair. However, there was an accident during the race whose victim was Buemi.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

formulaonemadman
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by formulaonemadman » 06 Apr 2009, 11:46

but they still had damage........it was caused by contact and therefore even though they didnt have to go and repair.....i still think its an accident.....if u have a bump with another driver....even if its a smal dent....i would still classfy it as a accident..

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 06 Apr 2009, 12:33

Did you read the definition of accident? Do you think why this is so? Let me tell you.

We watch races on TV. We are restricted what we see about the race. You cannot assess during the race whether any two cars collided or touched each other and whether if any small dent occured accordingly unless it is broadcasted on TV. The only way we can call a "collision" to be "accident", it should be in such a way that at least one of the cars are not able to continue to race or need urgent repair, WHICH, will automatically be broadcasted on TV, so we will be able to see.

Furthermore, it's not open to any subjective evaluation. It's sealed and firmed. 1) Car should retire or 2) Car needs repair. In your case, we may find ourselfs in the middle of a discussing such that "this is damage, no it's not, just a small dent, yes it is, no it is not ..." which is meaningless. This is why this rule is put in this way. It's the rule since last year and you also attented last year's league. I don't understand why you are making a fuss about that. Really.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

formulaonemadman
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by formulaonemadman » 06 Apr 2009, 15:54

im not......now.........i didnt want this to get into a heated debate.....reading your paragraph then gave me the understanding now and thanks for clearing up.....