It is currently 24 Oct 2017, 09:24

All times are UTC




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Formula 1 season 2008 *REVIEWING*
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2008, 17:11  
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Posts: 25503
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
OK, move on can we. Some people have opinions and its best if they just don't say them.

_________________
F1Zone.net News
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Formula 1 season 2008 *REVIEWING*
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2008, 17:24  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 13 Feb 2008, 14:07
Posts: 869
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Country: Germany (de)
I agree with swca92, it's good when people always support a team/driver whatever might come.

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Formula 1 season 2008 *REVIEWING*
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2008, 19:27  
F1 Rookie

Joined: 16 Mar 2008, 15:03
Posts: 865
swca92 wrote:
Fergie1 wrote:
I don't think singling people out is a particularly good idea and not very nice.


+1,leave Joost alone.He fights McLaren's corner like anyone who supports a sports team would.



I don`t think i offended him, it`s just he`s always saying the same things over and over.......he can post what ever he wants but this thread has become quite boring: Overtaking cup ?!? Right, check the answers and there`s no valid arguments you can put cause Hamilton is the greatest, there are others great drivers that made nice things too, why not recognize it too ?


phil1993 wrote:
OK, move on can we. Some people have opinions and its best if they just don't say them.



Why ? This always have been a cool forum, sharing ideas, quizzes and fun threads, if i can`t post an opinion about something then what am i doing here ? Maybe i`m too old for this........
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Formula 1 season 2008 *REVIEWING*
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2008, 19:41  
F1 Driver

Joined: 03 Jan 2008, 21:04
Posts: 1405
The fact is regardless of whether its an opinion or not it may offend someone else. It singled him out and its his opinion as well, he may go on about McLaren but other fans of other teams make very similar posts. And theres no rule against what he posts so theres no need really.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Formula 1 season 2008 *REVIEWING*
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2008, 19:46  
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Posts: 25503
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
MP4/4#12 wrote:
swca92 wrote:
Fergie1 wrote:
I don't think singling people out is a particularly good idea and not very nice.


+1,leave Joost alone.He fights McLaren's corner like anyone who supports a sports team would.



I don`t think i offended him, it`s just he`s always saying the same things over and over.......he can post what ever he wants but this thread has become quite boring: Overtaking cup ?!? Right, check the answers and there`s no valid arguments you can put cause Hamilton is the greatest, there are others great drivers that made nice things too, why not recognize it too ?


phil1993 wrote:
OK, move on can we. Some people have opinions and its best if they just don't say them.



Why ? This always have been a cool forum, sharing ideas, quizzes and fun threads, if i can`t post an opinion about something then what am i doing here ? Maybe i`m too old for this........


I didn't mean it in that way, I meant lets talk about 2008 rather than Joost's comments

_________________
F1Zone.net News
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Formula 1 season 2008 *REVIEWING*
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2008, 20:04  
F1 Rookie

Joined: 16 Mar 2008, 15:03
Posts: 865
Fergie1 wrote:
The fact is regardless of whether its an opinion or not it may offend someone else. It singled him out and its his opinion as well, he may go on about McLaren but other fans of other teams make very similar posts. And theres no rule against what he posts so theres no need really.


Sure, i respected his opinion in fact i didn`t post anything about the topic cause i really don`t care about who`s the best in overtaking...........he does........several times.......pointing the same arguments, yeah other fans stand out for their teams/drivers but why to post several times saying the same thing ? dont see anyone else doing it really ! I understand he`s a huge Macca/ Hamilton fan, by now everyone knows it. I`m not a moderator so i won`t even talk about "rules". So to end this: Joost dont take this personnaly, post as you will, i dont care, but you have to admit that there`s life in F1 beyond Lewis Hamilton.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Formula 1 season 2008 *REVIEWING*
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2008, 20:04  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 10 Apr 2007, 18:30
Posts: 5873
Location: Pasig City, Metro Manila PH
Country: Philippines (ph)
for the 2008 season, i was a bit surprised if not shocked by vettel's win at monza - not necessarily because of his win, but by heikki's inability to challenge him. though i believe vettel's car was set-up better than heikki....or is it because vettel is simply much quicker.

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Formula 1 season 2008 *REVIEWING*
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2008, 20:22  
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Posts: 25503
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
I think the Toro Rosso was a superior car in damp conditions (see Belgium, Brazil as well) and with Vettel's skill he could just drive. rmember that Massa, Hamilton, Kimi were nowhere and that helped, but that day he was on a different planet. few expected him to win, or even get a podium!

_________________
F1Zone.net News
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Formula 1 season 2008 *REVIEWING*
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2008, 20:48  
F1 Champion
User avatar

Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Posts: 11852
Location: Tilburg
Country: Netherlands (nl)
phil1993 wrote:
I think the Toro Rosso was a superior car in damp conditions (see Belgium, Brazil as well) and with Vettel's skill he could just drive. rmember that Massa, Hamilton, Kimi were nowhere and that helped, but that day he was on a different planet. few expected him to win, or even get a podium!

+1, and I want to say that I expected a lot more of Adrian Sutil in damp conditions: In Monazo he was superb, but as I witnessed in Monza, he was just weak. Where did he end up? last? Button 2, also weak in damp conditions. After his heroic win in Hungary 06, I expected a lot more of him in damp conditions. But we are having this dicussion because of a lot more wet races, then other years. Really a lot more...

PS. Should I start a topic called: 'People with comments on my comments' :laugh1:

_________________
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Formula 1 season 2008 *REVIEWING*
PostPosted: 14 Nov 2008, 16:41  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2008, 21:24
Posts: 2441
Location: Enfield, London
Not yet Joost...Anyway Toro Rosso had a great year,and maybe are the last of the true privateer teams to win in F1 (Even though they have help from Red Bull their budget is peanuts compared to most other teams).Vettel is a super talent,I'm almost certain he'll be at Ferrari or BMW in 2010.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Formula 1 season 2008 *REVIEWING*
PostPosted: 14 Nov 2008, 23:34  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 30 May 2008, 18:44
Posts: 2010
swca92 wrote:
Not yet Joost...Anyway Toro Rosso had a great year,and maybe are the last of the true privateer teams to win in F1 (Even though they have help from Red Bull their budget is peanuts compared to most other teams).Vettel is a super talent,I'm almost certain he'll be at Ferrari or BMW in 2010.


Is Seb's RBR contract only until '10? In which case, silly Red Bull.

_________________
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Formula 1 season 2008 *REVIEWING*
PostPosted: 14 Nov 2008, 23:41  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2008, 21:24
Posts: 2441
Location: Enfield, London
No,his contract is for longer.But contracts are there to be broken,with enough money and desire contracts get ripped apart.I put little importance in contract length
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Formula 1 season 2008 *REVIEWING*
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2008, 19:24  
GP2 Driver

Joined: 22 Oct 2007, 20:15
Posts: 397
depends on the driver. Some drivers don't like to break contacts...I think Vettel will leave in 2010, unless Red Bull get good. Vettel could have won a championship by now, so I want him in a good car soon so he can challenge with the top drivers all the time. It's a shame that all the good drives are taken...Vettel to replace Kimi (when he leaves). 2010 or 2012 is my guess.

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Formula 1 season 2008 *REVIEWING*
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2008, 15:02  
F1 Champion
User avatar

Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Posts: 11852
Location: Tilburg
Country: Netherlands (nl)
You guys know Olav Mol, he is the commentator at the Dutch F1 channel, a he has bn commentating races for nearly 300 races I think. In this weeks edition of a Dutch F1 magazine he rated the drivers. The top three looked like this: 1 Hamilton (9,5: the Champion is the best he said, and because he took it at the last moment he good 0,5 extra) 2 Vettel (9) 3 Massa (9), and I thought Kubica got a 8,5.

_________________
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Formula 1 season 2008 *REVIEWING*
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2008, 19:15  
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Posts: 25503
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Autosport put it like this: Their top 10 drivers:

10 Glock
9 Barrichello
8 Trulli
7 Raikkonen
6 Webber
5 Vettel
4 Massa
3 Alonso
2 Hamilton
1 Kubica

_________________
F1Zone.net News
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
Jump to:  
cron

F1Zone.net is proudly powered by phpBB