Post by phil1993 » 29 Nov 2008, 23:17

Oh. I forgot Vettel. oops

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Formula 1 season 2008 *REVIEWING*

Post by TwistedArmco » 30 Nov 2008, 10:35

Not including Vettel is criminal, Phil.. :p
But then the rest is all opinion. Although putting Alonso 5th seems like sour grapes over 2007 to me, so does putting Hamilton 6th. He is at least 4th in my book. As for Kimi, he only just gets into my top 10. I think it is reasonable enough to not include him.

OT: Do you go to that red-brick school on Erleigh/Addington road, Phil?
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

MP4/4#12
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by MP4/4#12 » 30 Nov 2008, 11:02

phil1993 wrote:Oh. I forgot Vettel. oops
How could you ???? Damm brits !!!!!! :wave:

My opinion

1-Kubica
2-Alonso
3-Hamilton
4-Vettel
5-Massa
6-Glock
7-Trulli
8-Webber
9-Raikkonen
10-Heidfeld

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 01 Dec 2008, 11:44

Fergie1 wrote:
mikhailv wrote:

Other people did some overtaking too.. :O
Yeah that's true of course, but I think Hamilton did the most, I really think so...
no
its one of he midfield runners who do many overtakings. Because there the midfield is very pack and if you just lose a few tenths in quali then you ends up way back. The only race where Hamilton overtook was in italy where he did terrible at quali.
Okay, then who? Please tell me, I'm anxious to know... Hamilton overtook 8 in Monza, at least 3 in Hockenheim, 3 in Silverstone, again a few in France, Massa in Turkey... and so on... I'm convinced Hamilton won the overtaking-cup :p :laugh1:
Exclude pistops, he overtook 4 if i recall. He started 14th, because bourdais stalled so he doesnt count. Silverstone, heikki let him through and webber spun, so he didnt overtake them neither so 2 can be eradicated there. France, he overtook a few. but was penalised for one aswell (LOL). I dont think lewis won the overtaking cup. If your going on that route, Alonso from 15th to 1st could be seen as the overtaking winner.

Best overtake was Massa on lewis/Heikki or Massa on Barrichello and Heikki. THAT was great overtaking.
No he didn't as I saw it with my own eyes at Stowe, Heikki carried no less speed than he would of normally. :wave:
So then either its heikki had a heavier fuel load, as usual, or the whole ITV pit thing reminding heikki lewis was faster than him?

Hmmm. Yeah. Heikki didnt let lewis through. Fat chance he didnt. ofcourse he did. Its fair though, Kimi did the same for massa. Still not an overtaking move. And what you see at stowe is different to what happens in the car.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 01 Dec 2008, 11:46

phil1993 wrote:
mikhailv wrote: Exclude pistops, he overtook 4 if i recall. He started 14th, because bourdais stalled so he doesnt count. Silverstone, heikki let him through and webber spun, so he didnt overtake them neither so 2 can be eradicated there. France, he overtook a few. but was penalised for one aswell (LOL). I dont think lewis won the overtaking cup. If your going on that route, Alonso from 15th to 1st could be seen as the overtaking winner.

Best overtake was Massa on lewis/Heikki or Massa on Barrichello and Heikki. THAT was great overtaking.
#

no fanboyism there then. :s

My top ten

10. Webber
9. Glock
8 Raikkonen
7 Rosberg
6 Kovalainen
5 Heidfeld
4 Massa
3 Hamilton
2 Kubica
1 Alonso
Asmuch fanboyism as you there phil.

Anyway, Kubica, Massa, Vettel and Alonso impressed me more. Lewis had 2 stunning drives lucky or not. Same with Massa to be fair, except i think massa worked harder and improved 200%. Vettel shone, Kubica Shone and Alonso was dare I say it, dominant in the last 8-9 races with fantastic consistency and strategy and speed. Thats why I put Hamilton fifth, and kimi... Did i even put kimi up there? He was dismal!

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 01 Dec 2008, 12:06

that is what alonso is. He may not be the fastest every time but he is consistent.
That was the key to his bot championship, specially in 2005 when the mclaren were much quicker.

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 01 Dec 2008, 21:36

Alonso is the best all-round driver in F1 at the moment.Lewis may have a bit more talent,more Senna-like genius,but Alonso is the best package.He's quick,doesn't make mistakes and is ultra consistent.Lewis is still prone to the odd error,Kimi tends to disappear and Massa lacks consistency.Kubica and Vettel are the next 2 top flight drivers I think,but we're yet to see what they're like in the real top flight of F1

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by syncmaster » 02 Dec 2008, 06:06

Alonso can be said that he is perfect but Lewis can't be said that he is perfect because we have never seen him in a mid field car and Vettel,Kubica are the future stars and i will be happy if Kubica becomes Champion in 2009.Kimmi bad luck is always on his site i wish he could throw out the bad luck and win for Ferrari.In 2008 Massa was consistent but he had technical issues to deal with and hence the title.I wish Ferrari to be the strongtest in 2009 and should out perform each and every team out there
Desire has no limits

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 03 Dec 2008, 18:20

mikhailv wrote:
Fergie1 wrote:
mikhailv wrote:

Other people did some overtaking too.. :O
Yeah that's true of course, but I think Hamilton did the most, I really think so...
no
its one of he midfield runners who do many overtakings. Because there the midfield is very pack and if you just lose a few tenths in quali then you ends up way back. The only race where Hamilton overtook was in italy where he did terrible at quali.
Okay, then who? Please tell me, I'm anxious to know... Hamilton overtook 8 in Monza, at least 3 in Hockenheim, 3 in Silverstone, again a few in France, Massa in Turkey... and so on... I'm convinced Hamilton won the overtaking-cup :p :laugh1:
Exclude pistops, he overtook 4 if i recall. He started 14th, because bourdais stalled so he doesnt count. Silverstone, heikki let him through and webber spun, so he didnt overtake them neither so 2 can be eradicated there. France, he overtook a few. but was penalised for one aswell (LOL). I dont think lewis won the overtaking cup. If your going on that route, Alonso from 15th to 1st could be seen as the overtaking winner.

No he didn't as I saw it with my own eyes at Stowe, Heikki carried no less speed than he would of normally. :wave:
So then either its heikki had a heavier fuel load, as usual, or the whole ITV pit thing reminding heikki lewis was faster than him?

Hmmm. Yeah. Heikki didnt let lewis through. Fat chance he didnt. ofcourse he did. Its fair though, Kimi did the same for massa. Still not an overtaking move. And what you see at stowe is different to what happens in the car.
:roll::

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 05 Jan 2009, 20:16

2008 driver career tallies

Wins

Fernando Alonso 21
Kimi Raikkonen 17
David Coulthard 13
Felipe Massa 11
Rubens Barrichello 9
Lewis Hamilton 9
Giancarlo Fisichella 3
Jarno Trulli 1
Jenson Button 1
Robert Kubica 1
Heikki Kovalainen 1
Sebastian Vettel 1

Pole positions

Fernando Alonso 17
Kimi Raikkonen 16
Felipe Massa 15
Rubens Barrichello 13
Lewis Hamilton 13
David Coulthard 12
Jarno Trulli 3
Giancarlo Fisichella 3
Jenson Button 3
Nick Heidfeld 1
Robert Kubica 1
Heikki Kovalainen 1
Sebastian Vettel 1

Fastest laps

Kimi Raikkonen 35
David Coulthard 18
Rubens Barrichello 15
Fernando Alonso 11
Felipe Massa 11
Lewis Hamilton 3
Giancarlo Fisichella 2
Heikki Kovalainen 2
Nick Heidfeld 2
Nico Rosberg 1
One thing to consider, Massa's points per finish was mich higher than Lewis. Meaning that he would either be a hero or a zero.

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 06 Jan 2009, 19:55

shail69 wrote:Image
Look at the destruction masters, DC, Fisi and Piquet. Fisi's a bit unfortunate there, but most of DC's are him crashing into people, whereas most of Piquet's are him crashing into walls. :p

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 06 Jan 2009, 20:01

TwistedArmco wrote:Look at the destruction masters, DC, Fisi and Piquet. :p
don't forget sutil, he's tied for 2nd with five too... :laugh1:

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 06 Jan 2009, 23:01

lol, so he is, it was so hard for Sutil to avoid incidents.. :p

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 06 Jan 2009, 23:21

And most of Sutil's incidents were with Ferraris (Monaco,Valencia and twice in Singapore).There goes his chance of a Ferrari drive...like he'd ever get one.But Piquet was the worst,he crashed by himself I believe 5 times which is appalling in modern F1.You could almost bank on him being in some sort of incident,and worst of all he had that air of arrogance and vanity in interviews which I found quite disturbing.

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 07 Jan 2009, 10:35

swca92 wrote:And most of Sutil's incidents were with Ferraris (Monaco,Valencia and twice in Singapore).There goes his chance of a Ferrari drive...like he'd ever get one.But Piquet was the worst,he crashed by himself I believe 5 times which is appalling in modern F1.You could almost bank on him being in some sort of incident,and worst of all he had that air of arrogance and vanity in interviews which I found quite disturbing.
Yeah, I think he had to keep a level of self-confidence in front of the press that bordered on arrogance. But autosport reckon that the car's design (a very agressive front wing) didn't help him as it kept changing aerodynamic loads throughout sweeping corners, and of course we saw Piquet is bad in the wet. Renault maybe agree with autosport, can see the fallabilities of the R28 and are right to give him another shot. I wish him all the best in 2009 and hope he gets a reason to be self-assured in front of the press.

I think DC was the worst, driving like an OAP, turning in on people and giving them no room to take a shot at him (Massa, Barrichello, Glock, Sato, Button) and then taking stupid lunges at people (Sutil). At least Piquet had the rookie excuse to hide behind. DC chose the right time to retire..