2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

Who will win the 2008 Formula One Drivers Championship?

Lewis Hamilton
59%
Felipe Massa
41%

Total votes: 118

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

Post by Fergie1 » 30 Oct 2008, 20:55

Obviously you don't know the facts as it was Kovalainen who pressed the speed limiter in Aus. The limiter would slow him to 50mph not 2mph. Also despite what some spanish Alonso bummer will tell you on YouTube, Hamilton did not press the, well no-one can actually agree on what Hamilton allegedly pressed but Hamilton owns up to his mistakes not covering them up.
I can see nothing but flame bait in your post really.
Last edited by Fergie1 on 30 Oct 2008, 21:02, edited 2 times in total.

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 30 Oct 2008, 21:02

Fergie1 wrote:I can see nothing but flame bait in your post really.
Hmm, opinion, not flame-bait. After all, PDLR himself did say that he thought that Lewis had made a mistake. It seems clear to me that Lewis didn't, but still, every man.. right to an opinion etc. etc.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 30 Oct 2008, 21:03

Fergie1 wrote:Someone said on another forum that it would be good if it was a wet race so Massa can prove he is a worthy champion. I completely agree with that.
Yeah, I agree with that too. He needs to be show that he is really strong in wet weather as well and hamiltons spins for a change at turn 3.

kimirai
kart driver
kart driver

Post by kimirai » 30 Oct 2008, 21:04

I wonder why are bolt sentences only from Hamilton. Maybe you're just seeking for (actually I don't what) but you are obviously "attacking" Hamilton. You know what could I say about comments that Massa gave to reporters in Japan (example: Felipe, do you thing you penalty is justified? Massa: No, I think it was just a race accident.) Bu*****t. But no one said anything about that. All I'm trying to say is that yor're too focus on every word that Hamilton says and always looking for something that you can turn in something bad.

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 30 Oct 2008, 21:07

Fergie1 wrote:Obviously you don't know the facts as it was Kovalainen who pressed the speed limiter in Aus. The limiter would slow him to 50mph not 2mph. Also despite what some spanish Alonso bummer will tell you on YouTube, Hamilton did not press the, well no-one can actually agree on what Hamilton allegedly pressed but Hamilton owns up to his mistakes not covering them up.
I can see nothing but flame bait in your post really.
As far as i know hamilton mistakely pressed the reset system for the gearbox which put him in neutral gear for some time. When the reset mechanism was doen he could change the gears.

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 30 Oct 2008, 21:07

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HNP_auAdM6Q
Hamilton presses buttons after it goes into neutral. That is, as far as im concerned, fact.

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 30 Oct 2008, 21:30

How can you tell?

Have you micro-analysed the tape? Are you an expert? Have you seen the telemetry? Do you intricately know the workings of an MP/whatever?

If the answer to all of the above is no, then the word fact does not even figure. The point is that no-one apart from McLaren definitely knows the answer, and of course Mac would deny any mistake on Hamilton's part. How many times do I have to tell people that one man's fact is another man's falsehood?

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 30 Oct 2008, 21:40

Its pretty obvious as you can see his hands on the steering wheel not moving nor are his thumbs and not pressing buttons. The only things on the back the wheel are shifting and clutch paddles. Pressing either of them would not cause a car to cut out.
If you even watch it you can see as he shifts down the gearbox cuts out.

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 30 Oct 2008, 21:52

Fergie1 wrote:Its pretty obvious as you can see his hands on the steering wheel not moving nor are his thumbs and not pressing buttons. The only things on the back the wheel are shifting and clutch paddles. Pressing either of them would not cause a car to cut out.
But what are you looking at? A load of blurry pixels on a YT video? You can't judge at all. Not fact, opinion, backed up by your considered and evidence-backed argument. But still not fact.

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 30 Oct 2008, 21:58

It can also be that there might be a glitch with the gearbox.Because when he was into the corner, he was into about 2 nd or 3rd gear it went to neutral, he tried to upshift, but it didnt work. When it finally comes back, it is in 7th gear which is the highest possible.

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 30 Oct 2008, 22:04

TwistedArmco wrote:
Fergie1 wrote:Its pretty obvious as you can see his hands on the steering wheel not moving nor are his thumbs and not pressing buttons. The only things on the back the wheel are shifting and clutch paddles. Pressing either of them would not cause a car to cut out.
But what are you looking at? A load of blurry pixels on a YT video? You can't judge at all. Not fact, opinion, backed up by your considered and evidence-backed argument. But still not fact.
I have the season review in high quality compared to YT and you can see clearly his hands are firmly on the wheel.

Also @shail he was in 7th when he tried to downshift and it cut out. So it would make sense if it was a glitch.

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 30 Oct 2008, 22:06

Fergie1 wrote:
TwistedArmco wrote:
I have the season review in high quality compared to YT and you can see clearly his hands are firmly on the wheel.

Also @shail he was in 7th when he tried to downshift and it cut out. So it would make sense if it was a glitch.
oh yeah, he was in 7th gear when it went and when it came back it was in 7th.

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 30 Oct 2008, 22:09

I have to agree with Fergie on this one.Its fairly conclusive that Hamilton kept his hands on the wheel,and yes the gearbox cut out as he was braking for turn 4 after going flat out on the straight between turns 3 and 4.Also it would be an inexplicable mistake if he managed to switch off the gearbox from inside the car.I see the view that Lewis made the mistake as little more than a conspiracy theory.Nonetheless everyone has a right to their own opinion,especially as I could be wrong.

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 30 Oct 2008, 22:17

swca92 wrote:Nonetheless everyone has a right to their own opinion,especially as I could be wrong.
Indeed, I agree with all of your post, especially the above, which is my point..

Mitsuro Sano
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Mitsuro Sano » 30 Oct 2008, 22:20

Wow everyone talked about the incident of last year..... :)
I'll talk about Hamilton too. Because of Kovalainen's engine failure in Fuji, some medias fear that Hamilton's engine will let go on the race. Judging by what Schumacher could do in 2006 and what Hamilton did in 2007, is it better to change the engine and take the 10 place penalty? Because if the engine lets go during the race, Hamilton will lose everything!