It is currently 20 Aug 2017, 11:33

All times are UTC




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1457 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 98  Next

Who will win the 2008 Formula One Drivers Championship?
Lewis Hamilton 59%  59%  [ 70 ]
Felipe Massa 41%  41%  [ 48 ]
Total votes : 118
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2008, 13:57  
F1 Champion
User avatar

Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Posts: 11852
Location: Tilburg
Country: Netherlands (nl)
Weather forecasts:
http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/b ... v_business
http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/Brazil/SaoPaulo.htm

_________________
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2008, 14:08  
kart driver

Joined: 08 Aug 2008, 09:46
Posts: 72
Joost, let me give you my thoughts:

1. yes. I think he is mentally strong enough this time. You can see it in his eyes
2. No. Again, look at Massa's eyes. He know he's been beaten, unless Lewis's engines blows
3. Yes, Kimi has no pressure at all, and may be able to win this race. (but off course, he will have to let Massa pass if Felipe is second.
4. No. Maybe in the beginning of the race, but I don't see him as a real threat for the Ferraris
5. I hope! I think Mclaren realizes that the construction champship is already over. They will push Heikki to the front row by qualifying light.
6. I have no clue
7. Hmmm, I don't know

joostlamers wrote:
Few questions :thumbsup:
1. Will Hamilton clinch his first Title this weekend?
2. Can Massa do something about that?
3. Is Raikkonen able to be quicker then Massa again?
4. Can Alonso fight with the Ferrari's again?
5. Is Heikki able to fight with the Ferrari's?
6. Are Toro Rosso quick enough to score points again?
7. Will Piquet convince the Renault-bosses to keep him for next year?

My answers:
1. Yes
2. He'll win, but that's that
3. Yes, but he isn't allowed to win the race
4. No, they'll be quicker then in China
5. Maybe, he needs to pull himself together, and give everything he has to get the constructors championship
6. Yes
7. I really hope he stays in F1 next year, so I hope he can stay close to Nando
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2008, 14:11  
F1 Legend
User avatar

Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 15:50
Posts: 23702
Location: North Pole
Country: Northern Mariana Islands (mp)
- Hamilton is on the 2nd race for the Mercedes and the 3rd race for his gearbox. With temperatures likely to be mid-to-high 20s, it could test the McLaren reliability.
- Massa, Raikkonen, Alonso, Piquet, Trulli, Glock, Vettel, Bourdais, and Kubica all are set for new engines at Brazil.
- Norbert Haug was said to have mentioned that a 2nd race engine is about 0.050s slower than a new 2-race engine. What might be the difference, if anything more, for a new single race engine.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2008, 15:13  
F1 Driver

Joined: 03 Jan 2008, 21:04
Posts: 1405
iceman1 wrote:
- Hamilton is on the 2nd race for the Mercedes and the 3rd race for his gearbox. With temperatures likely to be mid-to-high 20s, it could test the McLaren reliability.
- Massa, Raikkonen, Alonso, Piquet, Trulli, Glock, Vettel, Bourdais, and Kubica all are set for new engines at Brazil.
- Norbert Haug was said to have mentioned that a 2nd race engine is about 0.050s slower than a new 2-race engine. What might be the difference, if anything more, for a new single race engine.

There is no such thing is a single race engine, the only difference will be that Massa will be to keep the revs turned up at the end.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2008, 15:30  
Kart Champion
User avatar

Joined: 06 Apr 2008, 00:43
Posts: 165
Location: Thessaloniki, Macedonia, Greece
Country: Greece (gr)
joostlamers wrote:
Few questions :thumbsup:
1. Will Hamilton clinch his first Title this weekend?
2. Can Massa do something about that?
3. Is Raikkonen able to be quicker then Massa again?
4. Can Alonso fight with the Ferrari's again?
5. Is Heikki able to fight with the Ferrari's?
6. Are Toro Rosso quick enough to score points again?
7. Will Piquet convince the Renault-bosses to keep him for next year?

My answers:
1. Yes
2. He'll win, but that's that
3. Yes, but he isn't allowed to win the race
4. No, they'll be quicker then in China
5. Maybe, he needs to pull himself together, and give everything he has to get the constructors championship
6. Yes
7. I really hope he stays in F1 next year, so I hope he can stay close to Nando


Mate, with those you said, if Massa wins, McLaren lost the constructor championship whatever Heikki and Lewis will do.
Except if you mean to keep the second place from the BMW's.

_________________
Racing... Because football, basketball, volleyball... Requires ONE ball!!!
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2008, 15:47  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 15:07
Posts: 1169
Location: Duisburg, Germany
Arguably the finest race track of the year. I mean Interlagos has everything, plus that incredible straight with the grandstands directly beside.


Hamilton will win the championship, because
- His Mclaren is bulletproof
- 7 points is a lot with the "new" points system
- He won´t repeat Fuji, Interlagos 07
- His confidence will be very high after his fine performance at Shanghai.

I tip Felipe as race winner, second will be Hamilton or Kubica or Alonso. Hamilton on the podium definetely.

I hope for a great race in Brazil as usual. (I can´t remember a boring Interlagos race).

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2008, 15:51  
Co-Admin
User avatar

Joined: 27 Jun 2007, 15:26
Posts: 4153
Location: Bombay
Country: India (in)
Lemans3 wrote:
1. yes. I think he is mentally strong enough this time. You can see it in his eyes
2. No. Again, look at Massa's eyes. He know he's been beaten, unless Lewis's engines blows
OMG ..you got some awesome powers :laugh1:

_________________
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2008, 15:59  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2008, 21:24
Posts: 2441
Location: Enfield, London
Unless Lewis's car breaks down he's won the championship-END OF
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2008, 16:27  
F1 Driver

Joined: 03 Jan 2008, 21:04
Posts: 1405
Wouldn't be so sure about Lewis winning the championship if no failure. He still cracks under pressure.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2008, 16:32  
F1 Champion
User avatar

Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Posts: 11852
Location: Tilburg
Country: Netherlands (nl)
Ferrari is hoping for 'a goal in the 90th minute' they said

_________________
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2008, 16:49  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 10 Apr 2007, 18:30
Posts: 5873
Location: Pasig City, Metro Manila PH
Country: Philippines (ph)
joostlamers wrote:
Ferrari is hoping for 'a goal in the 90th minute' they said


:pout: what do they mean?

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2008, 16:53  
F1 Driver

Joined: 03 Jan 2008, 21:04
Posts: 1405
megasyxx wrote:
joostlamers wrote:
Ferrari is hoping for 'a goal in the 90th minute' they said


:pout: what do they mean?

Winning in the final laps with Lewis falling off is my interpretation. Hopefully Ferrari will score a own goal in the pits. :p
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2008, 17:00  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 10 Apr 2007, 18:30
Posts: 5873
Location: Pasig City, Metro Manila PH
Country: Philippines (ph)
man, the pressure in this final race is really intense! i'm even planning not to watch the race live coz i might get a heart attack!

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2008, 17:02  
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Posts: 25503
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
One thing is that Brazil is hotly contested between the midfield runners as they have nothing to lose. DC will be going all out, as will BMW, Renault, Toyota and Honda will be fast I think (well, :p) so any slip up could be very costly. Think of Rosberg here last year, he was stunning in a usually c**p car

_________________
F1Zone.net News
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2008, 17:02  
F1 Driver

Joined: 03 Jan 2008, 21:04
Posts: 1405
My heart rate probably goes higher than a drivers for the 5 lights live on tv. But I love it which is why I love this sport. Especially the end of Q3 as well.
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1457 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 98  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
Jump to:  
cron

F1Zone.net is proudly powered by phpBB