2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

Locked

Who will win the 2008 Formula One Drivers Championship?

Lewis Hamilton
70
59%
Felipe Massa
48
41%
 
Total votes: 118

User avatar
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend
Posts: 23702
Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 15:50
Location: North Pole
Contact:

Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

Post by iceman1 » 03 Nov 2008, 15:09

Image :p

User avatar
phil1993
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 25503
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Contact:

Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

Post by phil1993 » 03 Nov 2008, 15:13

iceman1 wrote:Image :p


Felipe (muttering) "Thats for not taking Lewis out you f*****"

Schu 'overwhelmed' by Brazil finale

Michael Schumacher says he was “overwhelmed” by the dramatic climax to the championship in Brazil, as he sent his congratulations to both new world champion Lewis Hamilton and runner-up Felipe Massa.


Formula 1’s most successful driver admitted he had been left amazed by the epic race, when the championship was only decided in Hamilton’s favour at the final corner after a late rain shower had seemed set to have dashed his hopes.


"What a finale,” Schumacher said on his official website.


“I am still overwhelmed from the race yesterday.


“I have never seen anything like this, not as a racer and not as a spectator – you can probably only say it was fate.”


The seven-time world champion, who still works as a consultant to Ferrari, offered his congratulations to Hamilton – a man he tipped in the build-up to the race as a possible contender to break his glittering array of records.


Schumacher also felt that Massa’s inch-perfect performance and victory at Interlagos should once and for all dispel the doubts about his former team-mate’s abilities.


“I congratulate Lewis Hamilton and I am sending very warm greetings to Felipe and all our guys in Brazil,” he said.


“Felipe can leave that race with his head up, as with this performance he surely has convinced all the people who still had doubts about his driving skills.


“He will for sure attack again next year.”


User avatar
megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5873
Joined: 10 Apr 2007, 18:30
Location: Pasig City, Metro Manila PH

Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

Post by megasyxx » 03 Nov 2008, 15:22

whew! it almost slipped away again :) .......although this just came in my mind > i've read in other forums (and some here, if my memory serves right) many have said that this year lewis had a 7 point lead entering the last race - the same as last year, also a 7 point lead.....well actually, last year lewis lead going into the last race was 4 points....and guess who it was? it was alonso (with raikkonen 7 behind).... i believe the itv coverage also said after the china race that lewis had a 7 point lead just like last year....no wonder why alonso wanted massa to win the wdc....just kidding! :laugh1:
Image

TrapCakeNL
car driver
car driver
Posts: 15
Joined: 08 Sep 2008, 10:39

Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

Post by TrapCakeNL » 03 Nov 2008, 15:23

Hehe yeh but i think they dont have a big rivalvry between them, good sportmanship from all :)
Image

User avatar
blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1169
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 15:07
Location: Duisburg, Germany

Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

Post by blizzard » 03 Nov 2008, 15:26

I still can´t forget Fernando´s face on the podium and in the press conference. He seemed to be a very very angry man.
Image

User avatar
Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Posts: 4153
Joined: 27 Jun 2007, 15:26
Location: Bombay
Contact:

Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

Post by Zack » 03 Nov 2008, 15:28

iceman1 wrote:Image :p

Already posted! :p :laugh1:

TrapCakeNL wrote:Hehe yeh but i think they dont have a big rivalvry between them, good sportmanship from all :)

Massa is emotional fool :p

Kubica lost 3rd position to Kimi :sad: this was pathetic race weekend for BMW.
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

User avatar
hitman007
car driver
car driver
Posts: 17
Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:06

Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

Post by hitman007 » 03 Nov 2008, 16:28

ya man the guy was soooooooooooooooooo close to get it...... just 1 point man.....but i couldn't forget the expression on massa's father when he knew that his son didn't get the championship and when the ferrari engineer told him that lewis came in 5th and he started crying...... at that moment i couldn't feel my heart...dam it man i'm starting to cry...better luck next time Massa and in my eyes i see u the No.1 driver ...no matter what

User avatar
phil1993
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 25503
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Contact:

Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

Post by phil1993 » 03 Nov 2008, 17:12

DAMON HILL, BRITISH 1996 WORLD CHAMPION
"That was the most exciting Formula One race I have ever seen in my life and it was for the world title. We are going to put on the biggest party for him at the British Grand Prix next year.

"You have to feel a little for Felipe Massa. He did everything asked of him in front of his home crowd but it was not to be. I feel sorry for him but it has been such a great day. Lewis has pulled it off and I think he will go on to win many more world championships.

"It will be very interesting to see the effect. Lewis is a new character in F1 and he's going to carry the sport into new areas.

"There will be a lot of kids out there who will now just want to be Lewis Hamilton."


ANTHONY HAMILTON, LEWIS'S FATHER
"This is the culmination of 16 years of hard work. Hopefully this will be an inspiration for other families and kids. When we started we had nothing, no money.

"But after a lot of hard work we are top of the world. It shows it can be done. Hard work, dedication, respect to your family, respect to all people, fantastic.

"To be honest, I thought it was over. I thought it was gone. When he did cross the line I didn't know he had won it. I had to go by what everyone else was doing.

"They were jumping up and down, and so I assumed we must have got something.

"But they were absolutely the worst few minutes of my life. For a number of laps I turned away. I couldn't watch.

"But I believed in God. I believed that right would come through - now, where's Timo [Glock, who Hamilton passed at the last corner to secure the fifth place he needed to win the title]? I want to give him a kiss."


GORDON BROWN, PRIME MINISTER
"I, like so many, want to congratulate him on becoming world champion. I think the whole country is thrilled by his exceptional talent.

"The whole of Britain is now congratulating him, and is proud of the inspirational achievement of Lewis and the McLaren team. "


DAVID CAMERON, CONSERVATIVE LEADER
"Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton who has made everyone in Britain so very proud.

"One of the most dramatic races in Formula One history ended with the right man winning the world championship.

"Lewis is not just the youngest ever winner of the championship he is now officially a British sporting legend and a role model for what you can achieve if you follow your dream."


SIR JACKIE STEWART, THREE-TIMES WORLD CHAMPION
"Lewis will be a worthy British world champion. He's had a fantastic season. There's no reason why he can't win more. He's with probably the best racing team in the world.

"He's a very lucky boy to be there so early in his career with the team's support, skill, resources and technology behind him. He's a man with exceptional talent and raw skill."


JOHN WATSON, 1982 F1 CHAMPIONSHIP THIRD-PLACE
"I have never seen a finish like that in any Grand Prix. The Ferrari team were already celebrating victory. Talk about drama.

"Please, Lewis Hamilton, if you are going to win another championship, make it easier for us! Lewis is remarkable.

"To achieve what he has at that age. He does not just drive the car - he wrings its neck, and that is what a racing driver is supposed to do.

"We have now got a real role model and he will also be a worthy world champion."


SIR STIRLING MOSS, FOUR-TIME F1 RUNNER-UP
"It was absolutely staggering. I thought the whole race was terrific and I think the right man won, Massa deserved it, and Lewis won the world title in a tremendous finish.

"He's a racer. When you watch the way he drives, it's exciting because he gets on with it.

"He's tremendous on braking and he conserves his car, he's good in the wet, good in the dry - he's a remarkably good driver."


RON DENNIS, McLAREN TEAM BOSS
"He is very special. He has not just won a world championship, he is the youngest ever world champion and he has done it so well. Every statistic over the last two years, he has beaten.

"He has still finished this season with more points than any other driver over the last two years. So he deserved to win the world championship."


DAVID COULTHARD, RED BULL & EX-MCLAREN DRIVER
"I think I played a part. He was the young guy for many years at McLaren when I was racing there - the young apprentice if you like - and he's gone on to achieve what I never managed to achieve.

"I'm not jealous of success - I admire it, because I know how difficult it is. Unquestionably he deserves this championship."


MARK HUGHES, HAMILTON'S BIOGRAPHER
"He knows exactly how good he is and any world class racing driver needs that.

"He's very grounded, very close to his family - they're very much a part of his world.

"He enjoys the life of a being a succesful star, but he's a kid from a Stevenage council estate and so it's impressive for him. I don't think there is any danger of that impacting on his performances."


POP STAR NICOLE SCHERZINGER, HAMILTON'S GIRLFRIEND
"He is a fantastic driver. Where does the winning mentality come from? Only God knows that because he gave him the gifts, but besides that he is a real hard worker.

"But it was so tough late on. I almost did collapse in the garage. I couldn't calm down, nor could Nicholas [Hamilton's brother]. We just both kept screaming at each other. I can only thank God for that moment when Lewis crossed the line as champion."

kimi and mika
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 397
Joined: 22 Oct 2007, 20:15

Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

Post by kimi and mika » 03 Nov 2008, 17:24

How far ahead was Glock after Lewis pitted, did he have enough time to pit and be infront?

I'm just asking...I wasn't supporting anyone, but I was more nervous than last year even though it was Kimi. I think the better man won (the race), Massa won more races so should have the championship, but Lewis has got it.

Now Lewis will either turn rubbish for a bit or be great, I think he will be great...but Kimi and hopefully a few others own him! :laugh1:
Image

MP4/4#12
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 865
Joined: 16 Mar 2008, 15:03

Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

Post by MP4/4#12 » 03 Nov 2008, 17:25

hitman007 wrote:ya man the guy was soooooooooooooooooo close to get it...... just 1 point man.....but i couldn't forget the expression on massa's father when he knew that his son didn't get the championship and when the ferrari engineer told him that lewis came in 5th and he started crying...... at that moment i couldn't feel my heart...dam it man i'm starting to cry...better luck next time Massa and in my eyes i see u the No.1 driver ...no matter what


Now here`s a pure fan :thumbsup:

MP4/4#12
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 865
Joined: 16 Mar 2008, 15:03

Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

Post by MP4/4#12 » 03 Nov 2008, 17:26

phil1993 wrote:DAMON HILL, BRITISH 1996 WORLD CHAMPION
"That was the most exciting Formula One race I have ever seen in my life and it was for the world title. We are going to put on the biggest party for him at the British Grand Prix next year.

"You have to feel a little for Felipe Massa. He did everything asked of him in front of his home crowd but it was not to be. I feel sorry for him but it has been such a great day. Lewis has pulled it off and I think he will go on to win many more world championships.

"It will be very interesting to see the effect. Lewis is a new character in F1 and he's going to carry the sport into new areas.

"There will be a lot of kids out there who will now just want to be Lewis Hamilton."


ANTHONY HAMILTON, LEWIS'S FATHER
"This is the culmination of 16 years of hard work. Hopefully this will be an inspiration for other families and kids. When we started we had nothing, no money.

"But after a lot of hard work we are top of the world. It shows it can be done. Hard work, dedication, respect to your family, respect to all people, fantastic.

"To be honest, I thought it was over. I thought it was gone. When he did cross the line I didn't know he had won it. I had to go by what everyone else was doing.

"They were jumping up and down, and so I assumed we must have got something.

"But they were absolutely the worst few minutes of my life. For a number of laps I turned away. I couldn't watch.

"But I believed in God. I believed that right would come through - now, where's Timo [Glock, who Hamilton passed at the last corner to secure the fifth place he needed to win the title]? I want to give him a kiss."


GORDON BROWN, PRIME MINISTER
"I, like so many, want to congratulate him on becoming world champion. I think the whole country is thrilled by his exceptional talent.

"The whole of Britain is now congratulating him, and is proud of the inspirational achievement of Lewis and the McLaren team. "


DAVID CAMERON, CONSERVATIVE LEADER
"Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton who has made everyone in Britain so very proud.

"One of the most dramatic races in Formula One history ended with the right man winning the world championship.

"Lewis is not just the youngest ever winner of the championship he is now officially a British sporting legend and a role model for what you can achieve if you follow your dream."


SIR JACKIE STEWART, THREE-TIMES WORLD CHAMPION
"Lewis will be a worthy British world champion. He's had a fantastic season. There's no reason why he can't win more. He's with probably the best racing team in the world.

"He's a very lucky boy to be there so early in his career with the team's support, skill, resources and technology behind him. He's a man with exceptional talent and raw skill."


JOHN WATSON, 1982 F1 CHAMPIONSHIP THIRD-PLACE
"I have never seen a finish like that in any Grand Prix. The Ferrari team were already celebrating victory. Talk about drama.

"Please, Lewis Hamilton, if you are going to win another championship, make it easier for us! Lewis is remarkable.

"To achieve what he has at that age. He does not just drive the car - he wrings its neck, and that is what a racing driver is supposed to do.

"We have now got a real role model and he will also be a worthy world champion."


SIR STIRLING MOSS, FOUR-TIME F1 RUNNER-UP
"It was absolutely staggering. I thought the whole race was terrific and I think the right man won, Massa deserved it, and Lewis won the world title in a tremendous finish.

"He's a racer. When you watch the way he drives, it's exciting because he gets on with it.

"He's tremendous on braking and he conserves his car, he's good in the wet, good in the dry - he's a remarkably good driver."


RON DENNIS, McLAREN TEAM BOSS
"He is very special. He has not just won a world championship, he is the youngest ever world champion and he has done it so well. Every statistic over the last two years, he has beaten.

"He has still finished this season with more points than any other driver over the last two years. So he deserved to win the world championship."


DAVID COULTHARD, RED BULL & EX-MCLAREN DRIVER
"I think I played a part. He was the young guy for many years at McLaren when I was racing there - the young apprentice if you like - and he's gone on to achieve what I never managed to achieve.

"I'm not jealous of success - I admire it, because I know how difficult it is. Unquestionably he deserves this championship."


MARK HUGHES, HAMILTON'S BIOGRAPHER
"He knows exactly how good he is and any world class racing driver needs that.

"He's very grounded, very close to his family - they're very much a part of his world.

"He enjoys the life of a being a succesful star, but he's a kid from a Stevenage council estate and so it's impressive for him. I don't think there is any danger of that impacting on his performances."


POP STAR NICOLE SCHERZINGER, HAMILTON'S GIRLFRIEND
"He is a fantastic driver. Where does the winning mentality come from? Only God knows that because he gave him the gifts, but besides that he is a real hard worker.

"But it was so tough late on. I almost did collapse in the garage. I couldn't calm down, nor could Nicholas [Hamilton's brother]. We just both kept screaming at each other. I can only thank God for that moment when Lewis crossed the line as champion."


And here`s a pure british fan :O

User avatar
phil1993
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 25503
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Contact:

Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

Post by phil1993 » 03 Nov 2008, 17:31

He-he. Couldn't be more right about these two users :p hitman007 is how all Ferrari fans should behave, not like many have been behaving over the last 24 hrs.

User avatar
shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 6531
Joined: 11 May 2008, 09:03
Location: Classified

Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

Post by shailf1 » 03 Nov 2008, 17:52

kimi and mika wrote:How far ahead was Glock after Lewis pitted, did he have enough time to pit and be infront?

I'm just asking...I wasn't supporting anyone, but I was more nervous than last year even though it was Kimi. I think the better man won (the race), Massa won more races so should have the championship, but Lewis has got it.

Now Lewis will either turn rubbish for a bit or be great, I think he will be great...but Kimi and hopefully a few others own him! :laugh1:

glock was about 15 sec behind hamilton before hamilton before hamilton made his stop. Then glock was infront of hamilton by 8 sec. By two laps he was infront of hamilton by 15 sec( that means he was increasing the gap until the last lap and all of a sudden in the last lap he lost a chunk of time).

User avatar
TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2010
Joined: 30 May 2008, 18:44

Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

Post by TwistedArmco » 03 Nov 2008, 18:33

phil1993 wrote:DAMON HILL, BRITISH 1996 WORLD CHAMPION
"That was the most exciting Formula One race I have ever seen in my life and it was for the world title. We are going to put on the biggest party for him at the British Grand Prix next year.

"You have to feel a little for Felipe Massa. He did everything asked of him in front of his home crowd but it was not to be. I feel sorry for him but it has been such a great day. Lewis has pulled it off and I think he will go on to win many more world championships.

"It will be very interesting to see the effect. Lewis is a new character in F1 and he's going to carry the sport into new areas.

"There will be a lot of kids out there who will now just want to be Lewis Hamilton."

...

etc.

...


POP STAR NICOLE SCHERZINGER, HAMILTON'S GIRLFRIEND
"He is a fantastic driver. Where does the winning mentality come from? Only God knows that because he gave him the gifts, but besides that he is a real hard worker.

"But it was so tough late on. I almost did collapse in the garage. I couldn't calm down, nor could Nicholas [Hamilton's brother]. We just both kept screaming at each other. I can only thank God for that moment when Lewis crossed the line as champion."


lol, a nice mix of respected F1 champions, (Stew, Stirl) losers (Hill), people in the know (Hughes etc.), and some F1-know-nothings (Scherzinger - not everything is about god..)
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

User avatar
megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5873
Joined: 10 Apr 2007, 18:30
Location: Pasig City, Metro Manila PH

Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

Post by megasyxx » 03 Nov 2008, 18:34

looking forward to next year....will it be another 2 horse race between mclaren and ferrari? will we see great/dramatic in team battles from both (massa - kimi and lewis - heikki)? or will we see an emergence of a new team to beat? watch out in a couple of months time :D
Image

Locked