2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

Who will win the 2008 Formula One Drivers Championship?

Lewis Hamilton
59%
Felipe Massa
41%

Total votes: 118

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

Post by JoostLamers » 09 Nov 2008, 15:22

iceman1 wrote:Hamilton impressed with Alonso respect :n
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 2253.shtml
I say: 'Well done Nando' :thumbsup:
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 09 Nov 2008, 18:25

[u][url=http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/09112008/20/ferrari-boss-smashed-television-f1-finale.html]http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/09112008/20/ferrari-boss-smashed-television-f1-finale.html[/url][/u] wrote: Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo smashed a television set after seeing McLaren's Lewis Hamilton snatch the Formula One world title from Felipe Massa in last weekend's season-ending Brazilian Grand Prix.

"I broke the television, I must tell the truth," Montezemolo told a news conference at a Ferrari event in Mugello on Sunday.

"When a television breaks it makes a terrible bang. My daughter in the other room was given an awful fright. Luckily we had another television so I was able to watch the podium ceremony, which I enjoyed."
:laugh1:

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 09 Nov 2008, 18:26

AzShadow wrote:
[u][url=http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/09112008/20/ferrari-boss-smashed-television-f1-finale.html]http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/09112008/20/ferrari-boss-smashed-television-f1-finale.html[/url][/u] wrote: Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo smashed a television set after seeing McLaren's Lewis Hamilton snatch the Formula One world title from Felipe Massa in last weekend's season-ending Brazilian Grand Prix.

"I broke the television, I must tell the truth," Montezemolo told a news conference at a Ferrari event in Mugello on Sunday.

"When a television breaks it makes a terrible bang. My daughter in the other room was given an awful fright. Luckily we had another television so I was able to watch the podium ceremony, which I enjoyed."

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 09 Nov 2008, 18:30

Fergie1 wrote:
AzShadow wrote:

the ferrari logo in the pits smashed too (in the f-o-m vid)

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 09 Nov 2008, 19:23

AFCA:
Di Montezemolo on the final lap of the 2008 worldchampionship: ''I have to say the truth, I've broken the television. And since a tv makes a tremendous bang when you break it, my daughter, who was in the other room, got a great scare. Fortunately we've had another television on and so I could still see the podium ceremony which I liked.''

On Raikkonen winning the title last year and Massa losing it this year: ''Miracles, when you're able to have one, usually only happen once. I say that because last year's race was a miracle. Usually, being able to repeat that is impossible. And yet, in Brasil with Massa it was about to happen again.''

''I believe that in the history of Formula 1 we've never seen a worldchampion being decided in the final corner on the last lap of final Grand Prix. The same goes for a driver crossing the finish line as a worldchampion (to then lose it shortly after - AFCA).''

Joking towards Raikkonen: ''Is it really you, the real Raikkonen, the one in flesh and blood ? Or is it a friend of yours, a clone, one that has driven for Ferrari in the final races ? Because according to me Kimi, you were a bit tired and you've asked a friend to come and drive for a while.''

More seriously the president continued: ''No more jokes. Kimi has been the worldchampion till the last race of the championship. He's contributed to the two constructors titles. His points have been fundamental. With all due respect for Hamilton - one capable of 'touching upon' the title in his first year of Formula 1 and winning it in his second year and therefore being an exceptional driver - I'm happy with my drivers, the best driver pairing in the world.''

Massa: ''It's been a week (the week leading up to the final race) in which I've had a very strong emotion. It was an electrifying championship. It's what the sport is like, and we've fought up till the last corner. I've had great satisfaction for the affection that cam from the Brasilian and Italian fans. I was very honoured and emotional for the welcome I've had in my country and also the one I received when arriving here in Italy. This gives you an extra encouragement for the future.''

(The Brasilian visible moved by the long standing ovation he got) ''You win the championship in 18 races, not at the last corner. We cannot blame anyone but we can think about correcting our mistakes.''

Raikkonen: ''We could have won four titles in two years, instead we've collected three of them. It's still a great result in any case. With the new regulations it's hard to say what kind of championship we'll have next year, but we'll be ready to fight for the title once again.''

Domenicali: ''Let's look ahead, we have to be proud. We're already thinking about next season. That's the sport, you never stop. We will deal with the things that haven't gone well. On a personal level I felt that the whole was team close to me. That was satisfactory. When meeting all the employees at the factory their spontaneous applause 'filled me up' with happiness.''

On the drivers: ''Massa and Raikkonen are the strongest driver pairing of the field. Kimi will come back straight to his level of performance. Felipe has had a superb year, I think the races in Hungary and Brazil have formed him as a person and athlete.''

On Rossi's test: ''It will be an open test, it's the feast of 'italianity'.''

Priceless :blush:
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 09 Nov 2008, 21:47

I don´t like it, when beaten people act as if they´ve won. Hamilton is the winner, McLaren have done the better job, considering the reliability of Lewis´car and the fact, that they have made almost every tactical decision the right way.

When I read "Ferrari´s pride" on that big banner and then see Kimi sitting on his car, like he´s not interested in the whole situation and irritated once again, it´s almost like Ferrari are taking the piss out of themselves.

Plus the third picture shows, how low Ferrari went since Michael´s departure, when they´re celebrating a second place in the championship like crazy.

2008: Lewis Hamilton and McLaren = winners
Ferrari and Räikkönen = losers (the constructors championship alone isn´t worth that much in public oppinion).

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 09 Nov 2008, 22:19

That's really honest Blizzard :O

Di Montezemelo: Lol :laugh1:
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 10 Nov 2008, 04:30

blizzard wrote:I don´t like it, when beaten people act as if they´ve won. Hamilton is the winner, McLaren have done the better job, considering the reliability of Lewis´car and the fact, that they have made almost every tactical decision the right way.

When I read "Ferrari´s pride" on that big banner and then see Kimi sitting on his car, like he´s not interested in the whole situation and irritated once again, it´s almost like Ferrari are taking the piss out of themselves.

Plus the third picture shows, how low Ferrari went since Michael´s departure, when they´re celebrating a second place in the championship like crazy.

2008: Lewis Hamilton and McLaren = winners
Ferrari and Räikkönen = losers (the constructors championship alone isn´t worth that much in public oppinion).
Ferrari celebrated has almost after every championship in 200x win or no win! even after 2005 :) ... Who said victory is necessary for celebration?.When do we really find Kimi in mood as you wanted? :laugh1: .I guess every1 has digested the fact that Hamilton is winner but that doesn't mean we should hang ourselves :p
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 10 Nov 2008, 18:48

once again, congrats to lewis hamilton - 2008 f1 driver's champion,
wait a minute, that's not lewis - it's actually his so-called "look-alike" (though i don't see it as much, maybe in person they do look alike (?)), neil davis.

kimi and mika
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by kimi and mika » 10 Nov 2008, 18:59

Ferrari are not losers, they won the constructors championship. This means they had the best team and they are celebrating that. It is more important to the teams if they prove their team is the best. So they didn't win the drivers championship...Lewis won, it doesn't matter.

So Winners - Ferrari, Lewis (and Alonso)

Losers - Honda if anybody.

Also, Kimi is never interested in any PR events or anything like that. So I don't expect him to be happy, it does have something to do with he didn't win but not that much.

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 10 Nov 2008, 21:43

i my opinion, kimi was happier at mclaren - except when driving his car, most notably those reliability problems and bad luck. the opposite is for ferrari, he was happier with the car but outside of it was virtually an "i'll only talk to you if you talk to me first" kind of person. ----- just my opinion :)

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 10 Nov 2008, 23:32

kimi and mika wrote: So Winners - Ferrari, Lewis (and Alonso)
+ Kubica and Vettel surely. They must be the men of the season, before Ham, Massa or Alonso.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 07 Dec 2008, 14:47

I don't remember seeing a replay of Piquet crashing but we did see him spinning off briefly at the start, he loses it on standing water.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 07 Dec 2008, 14:56

I just remembered -it also means Massa finally won a wet race :p

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 07 Dec 2008, 14:59

now say massa is not good at wets. He is not extremely fast but he is OK. The case at Silverstone was an exception.