It is currently 26 Sep 2017, 18:12

All times are UTC




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1457 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 98  Next

Who will win the 2008 Formula One Drivers Championship?
Lewis Hamilton 59%  59%  [ 70 ]
Felipe Massa 41%  41%  [ 48 ]
Total votes : 118
Author Message
 Post subject: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2008, 21:05  
F1 Legend
User avatar

Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 15:50
Posts: 23702
Location: North Pole
Country: Northern Mariana Islands (mp)
Welcome to the 2008 Brazilian Formula 1 Grand Prix.


Image

ImageImageImage

The Brazilian Grand Prix (Portuguese: Grande Prêmio do Brasil) is a Formula One championship race which occurs at the Autódromo José Carlos Pace in Interlagos, Brazil.

A Brazilian Grand Prix was first held at Interlagos in 1972, although it was not part of the Formula One World Championship. The following year, however, the race was first included in the official calendar. In 1978 the Brazilian Grand Prix moved to Jacarepaguá in Rio de Janeiro, briefly returning to Interlagos for the next two seasons before becoming the sole host from 1981 onwards. In 1990 the Grand Prix returned to Interlagos, where it has stayed since. In 2005, for the first time, the Brazilian GP decided the World Championship, won by Fernando Alonso. On October 22, 2006, Felipe Massa won the Brazilian GP


Image


click on the pic to view the Full size
Image

So Hamilton is 7 points clear of Massa. This means that Massa ideally needs to win at home in Brazil in a fortnight, and hope that Hamilton finishes no higher than sixth. Should the points be tied (by Massa winning and Hamilton finishing sixth) then the positions each driver finished in during the season are back-counted. Currently, both contenders are on five wins each, but a sixth win and equal points would mean Massa crowned as champion.

If the leading Ferrari pilot fails to win in Brazil, then he needs to finish in second and he will also need Hamilton to be no higher than eighth. This would earn Massa eight points and place him equal with the McLaren driver, but ahead on second places earned.

Last year in Brazil, there were three things that stood in Hamilton’s way:

- “Team mate” Alonso
- Gearbox problem
- Inexperience/Pressure

This year he has none of these .

Massa is a Great driver in Brazil , He put his Sauber fourth on the grid there in 2004, won in 2006, and under normal circumstances would have won there once more last year.

so Who will win the 2008 Formula One Drivers Championship?
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati 
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2008, 21:14  
GP2 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 26 Nov 2007, 01:42
Posts: 278
Location: Houston, America
I'm going to go for Massa all the way but i think Hamilton got this one. I think it's unlikely that a miracle will occur like last year. We can also thank Ferrari's pit light system for this.

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2008, 21:16  
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 26 Oct 2007, 13:46
Posts: 1866
Location: Finland
If Hamilton stays clear of the steering wheel buttons this time, he should clinch the title easily. Ferrari also has a firm lead in the constructors championship so it looks to be pretty straightforward race, but anything can happen as we saw from last year. :O

I have to say that as a track Interlagos is awesome. No matter if it's dry or wet, you can still overtake and have good races there. So I think we'll definitely see some action in the final race!

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2008, 21:43  
F1 Driver

Joined: 03 Jan 2008, 21:04
Posts: 1405
I did this in a about 5 minutes last night. What do you think?
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2008, 21:53  
GP2 Driver

Joined: 16 Mar 2008, 00:58
Posts: 487
Location: Barbacena/Brazil
Vai Zacarias!!! :)
Let's go Massa!!! :D

_________________
Barrichello: 300 GP's
"Turbinado no pé, imbatível na fé, brasileiro é que é."
Image
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2008, 21:54  
F1 Champion
User avatar

Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Posts: 11852
Location: Tilburg
Country: Netherlands (nl)
Nice Fergie :thumbsup:
I'm going for Hamilton all the way, but Massa will take the race win here, I think. Hamilton maybe on the podium, I also think he will not take too many risks in the quali, as he doesn't need to. Ferrari wanted a 1-2 the last 2 races, they were far from it then. I give them more chance for this GP. McLaren are not ableto take the consructors title, due to Heikki. Who just hasn;t been able to threaten Hamilton all year, but I hope he'll take his 3nd chance next year.

I have one more thing for Hamilton:
you DON'T have to win this GP, to become the next World Champion!!! Take podium, or settle for 4th/5th. DON'T take any risks!!

_________________
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2008, 02:22  
Kart Champion
User avatar

Joined: 06 Apr 2008, 00:43
Posts: 165
Location: Thessaloniki, Macedonia, Greece
Country: Greece (gr)
Quote:
Last year in Brazil, there were three things that stood in Hamilton’s way:

- “Team mate” Alonso
- Gearbox problem
- Inexperience/Pressure

This year he has none of these .


You don't know that mate :P

_________________
Racing... Because football, basketball, volleyball... Requires ONE ball!!!
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2008, 02:48  
GP2 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 26 Nov 2007, 01:42
Posts: 278
Location: Houston, America
joostlamers wrote:
Nice Fergie :thumbsup:
I'm going for Hamilton all the way, but Massa will take the race win here, I think. Hamilton maybe on the podium, I also think he will not take too many risks in the quali, as he doesn't need to. Ferrari wanted a 1-2 the last 2 races, they were far from it then. I give them more chance for this GP. McLaren are not ableto take the consructors title, due to Heikki. Who just hasn;t been able to threaten Hamilton all year, but I hope he'll take his 3nd chance next year.

I have one more thing for Hamilton:
you DON'T have to win this GP, to become the next World Champion!!! Take podium, or settle for 4th/5th. DON'T take any risks!!

Seriously, i don't understand why he was trying so hard at Fuji!!!!

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2008, 04:01  
Co-Admin
User avatar

Joined: 27 Jun 2007, 15:26
Posts: 4153
Location: Bombay
Country: India (in)
joostlamers wrote:
Nice Fergie :thumbsup:
I'm going for Hamilton all the way, but Massa will take the race win here, I think. Hamilton maybe on the podium, I also think he will not take too many risks in the quali, as he doesn't need to. Ferrari wanted a 1-2 the last 2 races, they were far from it then. I give them more chance for this GP. McLaren are not ableto take the consructors title, due to Heikki. Who just hasn;t been able to threaten Hamilton all year, but I hope he'll take his 3nd chance next year.

I have one more thing for Hamilton:
you DON'T have to win this GP, to become the next World Champion!!! Take podium, or settle for 4th/5th. DON'T take any risks!!


Nah .. its because of Mclaren! He is always forced to take s*** strategy.Qualifying is half work done!.

In both 2007 & 2008 ..Ferrari had no preference from the start of seasons :cool: ..although result may not be same ..it has more creditability. :D

_________________
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2008, 08:35  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 30 May 2008, 18:44
Posts: 2010
iceman1 wrote:
Last year in Brazil, there were three things that stood in Hamilton’s way:

- “Team mate” Alonso
- Gearbox problem
- Inexperience/Pressure

This year he has none of these .


Actually, potentially, Hamilton has got these to deal with-

- "Not team mate" Alonso (improbable, but not impossible)
- Engine Issues
- Inexperience/Pressure

They will just be slightly more irrelevant, depending on what the start is like.

_________________
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2008, 09:35  
F1 Champion
User avatar

Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Posts: 11852
Location: Tilburg
Country: Netherlands (nl)
TwistedArmco wrote:
iceman1 wrote:
Last year in Brazil, there were three things that stood in Hamilton’s way:

- “Team mate” Alonso
- Gearbox problem
- Inexperience/Pressure

This year he has none of these .


Actually, potentially, Hamilton has got these to deal with-

- "Not team mate" Alonso (improbable, but not impossible)
- Engine Issues
- Inexperience/Pressure

They will just be slightly more irrelevant, depending on what the start is like.

- Alonso hasn't got the speed of Hamilton (not in the Renault)
- Engine issues are the sam for Massa
- Maybe Felipe is more experienced then Hami, but the pressure for Massa is higher I think, he's driving for his home crowd

_________________
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2008, 09:39  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 11 May 2008, 09:03
Posts: 6531
Location: Classified
Country: Nepal (np)
joostlamers wrote:
TwistedArmco wrote:
iceman1 wrote:
Last year in Brazil, there were three things that stood in Hamilton’s way:

- “Team mate” Alonso
- Gearbox problem
- Inexperience/Pressure

This year he has none of these .


Actually, potentially, Hamilton has got these to deal with-

- "Not team mate" Alonso (improbable, but not impossible)
- Engine Issues
- Inexperience/Pressure

They will just be slightly more irrelevant, depending on what the start is like.

- Alonso hasn't got the speed of Hamilton (not in the Renault)
- Engine issues are the sam for Massa
- Maybe Felipe is more experienced then Hami, but the pressure for Massa is higher I think, he's driving for his home crowd

-Well, you cant count alonso out. he was as fast as the ferrari's in china so he willget involved.
-No, you cant compare a new engine with an old one
-hamilton has shown his inexperience more than massa over this season and massa has never failed to impress on brazil.So pressure would be on hamilton. Massa has nothing to lose. for him , the title is already gone.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2008, 12:05  
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 26 Oct 2007, 13:46
Posts: 1866
Location: Finland
Yes indeed, Massa has performed great in his home races. Of course he hasn't had the title pressure before, but then again he really has nothing to lose. He can only try to win as always and the rest is not up to him.

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2008, 12:10  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 13 Feb 2008, 14:07
Posts: 869
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Country: Germany (de)
shail69 wrote:
joostlamers wrote:
TwistedArmco wrote:
iceman1 wrote:
Last year in Brazil, there were three things that stood in Hamilton’s way:

- “Team mate” Alonso
- Gearbox problem
- Inexperience/Pressure

This year he has none of these .


Actually, potentially, Hamilton has got these to deal with-

- "Not team mate" Alonso (improbable, but not impossible)
- Engine Issues
- Inexperience/Pressure

They will just be slightly more irrelevant, depending on what the start is like.

- Alonso hasn't got the speed of Hamilton (not in the Renault)
- Engine issues are the sam for Massa
- Maybe Felipe is more experienced then Hami, but the pressure for Massa is higher I think, he's driving for his home crowd

-Well, you cant count alonso out. he was as fast as the ferrari's in china so he willget involved.
-No, you cant compare a new engine with an old one
-hamilton has shown his inexperience more than massa over this season and massa has never failed to impress on brazil.So pressure would be on hamilton. Massa has nothing to lose. for him , the title is already gone.


-Alonso also said, he will support Massa if he can.
-of course an engine which is used in the second race can blow up, but i think you can't promise if a new engine would also fail.
- The pressure on Massa is high because he's driving in fornt of his home crowd. The pressure on Hamilton is high because isn't allowed to make any mistake this time. But he knows how to lose the title..
- Massa showed he inexperience at Malaysia, Great Britan, (Singapore) and Japan. Hamilton showed his at Bahrain (I guess), Canada and Japan

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2008, 13:49  
F1 Champion
User avatar

Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Posts: 11852
Location: Tilburg
Country: Netherlands (nl)
Few questions :thumbsup:
1. Will Hamilton clinch his first Title this weekend?
2. Can Massa do something about that?
3. Is Raikkonen able to be quicker then Massa again?
4. Can Alonso fight with the Ferrari's again?
5. Is Heikki able to fight with the Ferrari's?
6. Are Toro Rosso quick enough to score points again?
7. Will Piquet convince the Renault-bosses to keep him for next year?

My answers:
1. Yes
2. He'll win, but that's that
3. Yes, but he isn't allowed to win the race
4. No, they'll be quicker then in China
5. Maybe, he needs to pull himself together, and give everything he has to get the constructors championship
6. Yes
7. I really hope he stays in F1 next year, so I hope he can stay close to Nando

_________________
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1457 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 98  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
Jump to:  
cron

F1Zone.net is proudly powered by phpBB