It is currently 20 Sep 2017, 21:57

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 627 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 42  Next

Who will the 2008 Chinese Grand Prix?
Poll ended at 18 Oct 2008, 18:50
Lewis Hamilton 33%  33%  [ 24 ]
Felipe Massa 35%  35%  [ 25 ]
Robert Kubica 13%  13%  [ 9 ]
Kimi Räikkönen 13%  13%  [ 9 ]
Nick Heidfeld 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Heikki Kovalainen 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Fernando Alonso 7%  7%  [ 5 ]
Sebastian Vettel 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Jarno Trulli 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Timo Glock 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Nico Rosberg 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Nelsinho Piquet 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Kazuki Nakajima 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 72
 Post subject: Re: FORMULA 1 2008 Sinopec Chinese Grand Prix
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2008, 08:29  
F1 Driver

hannibal_rising wrote:
Lemans3 wrote:
I think everybody is aware of penaltys and stuff and I believe after the first corner it will be Hamy, Kimi, Massa. No Problemo
Hamy drove a fantastic qualifying, no doubt about that
Enjoy the race all of you! :thumbsup:

I'm a McLaren's fan and I want to Lewis winning the championship... but now I don't trust him much... :p
I think i will dream with a five-cars pile in the first corner... :pout: :p

There is an interesting aspect which we should note from 2008 F1 season. A mistake from one race has never been repeated in the next race.

Moreover in China the first corner involves a big gravel trap. Even if you drive into it in rFactor you will lose the entire grid. So neither of the top three Raikkonen, Lewis or Massa would try and make any passes there. Tomorrow's race would probably be played more on a tactical note than an on track fight. We might see the top three making moves on one another, but i guess all would boil down to pit stops & strategy tomorrow. I don't think either Kimi or Heikki would push their opponent team championship contenders since a constructors title is also at stake. So Ferrari and Mclaren would have instructed their drivers to keep them out of trouble and bring home some good points. I pretty much believe that's what is going to happen. We are probably gonna see 1 to 4 positions occupied by Mclaren & Ferrari.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2008, 08:30  
kart driver

Ali wrote:
Burn-out wrote:
I used the word " Latino" just to say they are of bought spanish speaking descent.. not to emphasize that they are of both same status as Kimi and Kova (compatriots), Nando is a European(spain) in which he speaks and understands as what Felipe's (Latin America-Brazil)

peace out :D

So what mate? Nearly all South America are bought Spanish speaking "whatsoever", then does it make Alonso or any other Spanish-spoken person friend of all continent? There are (or should be) some other dynamics of friendship or liking towards people other than roots or some other origin stuff. Alonso likes Felipe because he doesn't like Hamilton: The enemy of my enemy is my friend. That easy. Do not try to teach me who are who. I hate classifying things and people in this world in that way. Just that.

Ok then, thats your intuition as per se. Andoh, yes...I aint teachin' you anything here, I don't care if you hate classifying things and people in this world... In fact I love racing..maybe you love raging... I don't know thats your problem if you dont understand..We're all gentlemen here, I apologize if I hurt a bit of you in anyway or"wahtsoever"..

We're goin' kinda off topic here.. I just hope everybody will enjoy the race.

I'm a big Ferrari fan,I just don't care who/what driver/team your a fan of..sorry again if you never liked me to be a big Ferrari fan.

I rest my case, chillax . :D

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2008, 09:07  
F1 Driver

Has Heidfeld not been penalised (yet)?
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2008, 09:15  
Co-Admin

"They (McLaren) have been, Lewis especially, have been very, very strong all weekend, so we expected they would be strong in qualifying and there you go - he's done the pole position. Good for him! You know, we'll see tomorrow.

"The car has been maybe a little bit difficult for him (Massa) all weekend - but not so difficult, I mean not more than usual to be honest. Reasonably happy in the first qualifying, you saw we did one attempt in Q2 on the soft tyre and we were quite quick there so I think that shows probably our true pace."
Rob Smedley, Ferrari.

"I think the team did a very good job. Car is still quicker and quicker every race, new bits every race to improve the performance and this is helping us a lot.

"We are still missing a couple of tenths to be fighting with Ferrari and McLaren. Our race will be more concentrated on the Red Bulls, the Toyota - try to finish in front of them."
Fernando Alonso
================================================

Ferrari are in strong position ... during prac session they concentrated more on race pace & evaluated Tyre options.I didn't expected Ferrari to take p2 - p3!

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2008, 09:19  
car driver

Really good performance from Hamilton on that last lap, when he cocked up the first lap of Q3 I thought that it was his tyres and he would have to come out on the hard tyres, and with the harder tyres looking much slower over oen lap I thought the best hamilton would do was what the ferraris want, and that is him in 3rd behind both Ferraris.

But fortunately he had soft tyres left and he put in a nice lap which has put him on pole, and I can only hope that he doesn't cock it up all over again because in my opinion Hamilton (or Kubica who is now out I think) deserves this championship over Massa, not because I am a fan, just from good racing and Great Britain deserves another sporting championship, we haven't had one since the Rugby World Cup 2003. So please Hamilton keep it cool and good. :pray: :)

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2008, 09:19  
kart driver

After the qualifying Coulthard didn't make a secret of it he wasn't happy with Heidfeld. Coulthard said: "I'm extremely disappointed with what Nick Heidfeld did at the end of Q1 on the last out lap. All the cars were bunching up on the second to last corner, as they jostled for position, but Nick suddenly passed me on the inside into the last corner, just as I was about to start my flying lap. It was very unlikely he was going to do a better lap on prime tyres and he was on the dirty side of the track, so he wouldn't have done a faster lap by squeezing through the inside at that point - and he came in before the end of that lap anyway!

"He would have known he was in the top ten already, so for me it was very un-sportsman like behaviour, as all he did was screw up my last flying lap - there wasn't any intention of him doing a quicker time."

The flying scot is not happy.

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2008, 09:32  
F1 Driver

Pole position once again :D

Come on Lewis!

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2008, 09:46  
GP2 Driver

just watched quali and seen how fast hamilton and his car is during qualification but as we all know ferrari does take more care of its tyres and without heiki's help i feel he will be a lamb to the slaughter on the tail end of the straights with kimi so close i dont think massa will pose a threat IF lewis gets a clean getaway and keeps him at bay for 3 or more laps i think he will make a big gap between himself and massa but i think it will mainly be between him and kimi i will be interested tosee how he manages his drive with kimi,massa, alonso all behind him its going to be a difficult first 1 or 2 laps at the start for him to keep them at bay but i think kimi will be leading the race by the 10th lap and will drive into the distance
my prediction
1 kimi 2 hamilton 3 massa 4 heiki 5 alonso 6 heidfield
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2008, 10:25  
F1 Driver

I think that Renault is now genuinely the third best car out there.. Of course, Alonso's hands are rather helping it, but 2 consecutive 4th places... Super stuff. :)

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2008, 10:36  
F1 Driver

Burn-out wrote:
After the qualifying Coulthard didn't make a secret of it he wasn't happy with Heidfeld. Coulthard said: "I'm extremely disappointed with what Nick Heidfeld did at the end of Q1 on the last out lap. All the cars were bunching up on the second to last corner, as they jostled for position, but Nick suddenly passed me on the inside into the last corner, just as I was about to start my flying lap. It was very unlikely he was going to do a better lap on prime tyres and he was on the dirty side of the track, so he wouldn't have done a faster lap by squeezing through the inside at that point - and he came in before the end of that lap anyway!

"He would have known he was in the top ten already, so for me it was very un-sportsman like behaviour, as all he did was screw up my last flying lap - there wasn't any intention of him doing a quicker time."

The flying scot is not happy.

DC is going to kick 3 colours of **** out of him as well. :p

I woke up for quali but couldn't stay awake and saw the end of Q3, is Hamilton really light or is just ownage?
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2008, 10:45  
F1 Driver

Fergie1 wrote:
DC is going to kick 3 colours of **** out of him as well. :p

I woke up for quali but couldn't stay awake and saw the end of Q3, is Hamilton really light or is just ownage?

According to Ted Kravitz, Hamilton was light, but he's been wrong before. In my view, the best strategies (which obviously the championship contenders can't really pursue) would be heavier ones, given the predicted thunderstorms for the race..

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2008, 11:06  
F1 Driver

question plz reply someone- for qual, what would be the results as webber was taken 10 places down and so 3 teams in top 10 is now 4 teams with piquest 10th. what is going to happen with the scores on that?

http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?P36
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2008, 11:09  
F1 Driver

formulaonemadman wrote:
question plz reply someone- for qual, what would be the results as webber was taken 10 places down and so 3 teams in top 10 is now 4 teams with piquest 10th. what is going to happen with the scores on that?

Rules wrote:
3. If the pole setter gets a 10 place penalty, he still took pole for the purpose of this game

In the light of this rule, I'd assume penalties won't be accounted.

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2008, 11:11  
F1 Rookie

I put my money in Kimi for the win.
If he able to pass Hamilton at the start I believe he could win the race, Massa has to to try pass Hamilton aswell and watch out for Alonso, he could make a suprise again.

And don't count Kubica out, the team could fueled his car heavy and use one stop strategy for him.

My Prediction : 1.Kimi, 2.Lewis, 3.Alonso, 4. Massa, 5.Vettel

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2008, 11:11  
F1 Legend

1. Lewis Hamilton, McLaren-Mercedes 1′36.303
2. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari 1′36.645
3. Felipe Massa, Ferrari 1′36.889
4. Fernando Alonso, Renault 1′36.927
5. Heikki Kovalainen, McLaren-Mercedes 1′36.930
6. Nick Heidfeld, BMW 1′37.201*
7. Sebastian Vettel, Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1′37.685
8. Jarno Trulli, Toyota 1′37.934
9. Sebastien Bourdais, Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1′38.885
10. Nelson Piquet Jnr, Renault 1′35.722
11. Robnert Kubica, BMW 1′35.814
12. Timo Glock, Toyota 1′35.937
13. Rubens Barrichello, Honda 1′36.079
14. Nico Rosberg, Williams-Toyota 1′36.210
15. Mark Webber, Red Bull-Renault 1′37.083**
16. David Coulthard, Red Bull-Renault 1′36.731
17. Kazuki Nakajima, Williams-Toyota 1′36.863
18. Jenson Button, Honda 1′37.053
19. Adrian Sutil, Force India F1 Team-Ferrari 1′37.730
20. Giancarlo Fisichella, Force India F1 Team-Ferrari 1′37.739

*Believed to be under investigation for impeding David Coulthard
**Ten-place penalty for changing his engine following free practice three.
 Offline Profile  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 627 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 42  Next