9 points: I loved it!
19%
8 points: Oh that was great!
27%
7 points: It was pretty good.
17%
6 points: It wasn't bad.
6%
5 points: Eh there where parts that weren't very good, though!
6%
4 points: It could have been a lot better.
8%
3 points: I didn't really like it
No votes
2 points: It was aweful!
No votes
1 point: BAD
No votes

Total votes: 52

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Rate the 2008 Japan Grand Prix

Post by Zack » 12 Oct 2008, 07:41

1-Best Driver
2-Best Team
3-Best Overtake
4-Best Moment
5-Worst Driver & Worst Team
6-Best Rookie
7-Biggest Surprise
8-General Comment
9-Your thoughts & Rating for TV coverage(out of 10)
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Rate the 2008 Japan Grand Prix

Post by syncmaster » 12 Oct 2008, 07:48

1.Massa and Alonso
2.Renault for claiming the victory and Ferrari to be fastest
3.Massa on Webber
4.Kimmi and Robert battling and kimmi off track like spa,thank god it was not wet or else there was a chance of kimmi losing control of the car
5.Lewis and Honda
7.Heikkie,Mclaren out of the race
8.I love the it
9.It is a dersverd win for Alonso but i would have been more please if Robert or kimmi would have won.Tv coverage,i was watching both ITV and Star sports only 5 for the out of ten as they has ads when was the time to watch the race.
Another race where the fast cars were out performed in terms of track position and in speed Ferrari were fastest.
Desire has no limits

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 12 Oct 2008, 07:53

1-Best Driver - FA
2-Best Team - Renault
3-Best Overtake -Hamilton on Rubens
4-Best Moment - n/a :oh:
5-Worst Driver & Worst Team - MASSA (DON'T say Hamilton, because those who say Hamilton now, must think about the fact that your man, that stupid Brazilian, ruined Lewis' race!! He is a scandal for F1, you should be lucky he only got a DTP for that: he ruined someones race!!!) Honda
6-Best Rookie - Nelson, go for your seat
7-Biggest Surprise - the whole race
8-General Comment - FIA: why don't you just say that you want Massa the become the next WC :<>: :sad:
9-Your thoughts & Rating for TV coverage(out of 10) - Hoped for a boring race, with finish the same as grid positions, but I turned out to be an 8.
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by syncmaster » 12 Oct 2008, 08:00

joostlamers wrote: 5-Worst Driver & Worst Team - MASSA (DON'T say Hamilton, because those who say Hamilton now, must think about the fact that your man, that stupid Brazilian, ruined Lewis' race!! He is a scandal for F1, you should be lucky he only got a DTP for that: he ruined someones race!!!) Honda
I said Hamilton because he is the one who spoiled his own race at turn one.I agree that Massa was aggressive and made contact but for that he got a penalty.
Desire has no limits

kimi and mika
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by kimi and mika » 12 Oct 2008, 08:37

1-Best Driver - Alonso
2-Best Team - Renault
3-Best Overtake - Massa on Webber (don't say it wasn't on the track!)
4-Best Moment - Kimi fighting Robert, seeing Hamilton get lapped by a Toyota!
5-Worst Driver & Worst Team - Hamilton/Nakajima and McLaren (no points, like Ferrari in Singapore)
6-Best Rookie - Nelson
7-Biggest Surprise - Massa going for the tiny space to pass Webber and Bourdais penalty
8-General Comment - Decent race 7 out of 10, Kimi would have won without the first corner (1st to 7th, all Hamilton's fault!)
9-Your thoughts & Rating for TV coverage(out of 10) - Not as biased a normal, Lewis didn't have a good race, they critisised him, didn't show him all the time. 7 out of 10.

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 12 Oct 2008, 08:55

1-Best Driver - Alonso
2-Best Team - Renault
3-Best Overtake - Massa on Webber
4-Best Moment - Massa vs Hamilton fight
5-Worst Driver & Worst Team - Hamilton & McLaren
6-Best Rookie - Piquet (for once)
7-Biggest Surprise - Top guys messing up again

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 12 Oct 2008, 09:00

1-Best Driver - Alonso
2-Best Team - Renault
3-Best Overtake - Massa on Webber (dangerous and stupid but good)
4-Best Moment - Massa spinning off Bourdais
5-Worst Driver & Worst Team - Massa, Hamilton and McLaren
6-Best Rookie - Piquet
7-Biggest Surprise - The screw ups
8-General Comment - none really
9-Your thoughts & Rating for TV coverage(out of 10) - p*** poor, Fuji tv is awful compared to F~0~M.
Last edited by Fergie1 on 12 Oct 2008, 13:40, edited 1 time in total.

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 12 Oct 2008, 09:12

1-Best Driver -
Fernando Alonso. Won in the third best car. On pure pace, not luck. Superb middle stint, where he pushed like crazy while Kubi was weighed down with fuel.
2-Best Team -
Renault for superb turnaround of Alonso, getting him in front of Kubica with less fuel - it was a tactical masterstroke. Plus for their genuine speed, of both cars.
3-Best Overtake
Now that I've finally seen it, Raikkonen on Trulli at the excruciatingly slow hairpin/chicane.
4-Best Moment
The chaotic first lap. Alonso wins, Alonso is given a gorgeous looking trophy, Alonso tries hard to smile.. :)
It's tied between Hamilton and Massa.
Hamilton coming from a car length behind Kimi to a car length in front of him with all four tyres locked, causing chaos behind, was absolutely stupid, and another example of poor racing ettiquette.
Massa's was worse, but it's not as if he does it all the time. However this time, he blatantly took Hamilton out, putting his nose in where it couldn't possibly fit, and turning him round into the rest of the field. He was lucky that he didn't get any damage, and the whole thing smacks of desperation.

Idiots, idiots, idiots.. :s You're fighting for a championship, not racing in the Russian Touring Car Championship. Drum some sense into your fat, swollen heads!! LH and FM, you officially sucked in this race. :<>:
6-Best Rookie
Piquet, cruising up to Kimi/Kubi like a steam train. he n00bed out again shortly afterwards, but still kicked Bourdais' proverbial posterior.
7-Biggest Surprise
Alonso's second in a row.
8-General Comment
I kind of enjoyed it, but it wasn't thoroughly thrilling all of the way through. So I say 7/10.

Canada 9/10
Monaco 9/10
Singapore 9/10
Italy 9/10
Britain 8/10
Australia 8/10
Belgium 8/10
Japan 7/10
Germany 6/10
Hungary 6/10
Bahrain 5/10
France 5/10
Turkey 5/10
Malaysia 4/10
Europe 4/10
Spain 3/10

The actual race was fairly easy to understand - Alonso and Kubica benefited hugely from the amateur hour at the front of the field, which you can say they a) earned by not being involved in the idiot show in the first place and b) had the pace to maintain their positions, which should kill any suggestions that Alonso was again lucky. He genuinely, and fully earned this one.
Alonso's/Renault's strategy was awesome. FA was heavier than a lot of people thought, pitting (if I remember correctly) 1 lap after Raikkonen and Kubica, thereby (with the aid of a quick pitstop) vaulting Robert and being able to use the Renault's pace. Which was glorious. The win never looked in doubt from about lap 20.
As for Piquet's strategy, it was perfect for him. A heavy two-stopper, benefitting from the carnage at the start and the pace of that Renault to run longer than any other two-stopper, allowed him to push at all the right times. And he absolutely cruised up to the back of Kimi and Kubi. Shame he couldn't make it a 1-2.

Ok, the first corner. Hamilton was in my view stupid. It's not as if he couldn't have braked earlier, but once again (like China and Brazil) he lost his head - so he went for a gap which both position and distance-wise, just didn't make sense, and was only going to end in tears.
Then Massa unscrupulously took him off, proving that Schumacher really is teaching him all his old tricks. (Blizzard, you can understand my views, even if you don't agree with them - Jerez, Adelaide) There was no doubt about it, Massa just cut the chicane slightly in order to give Hamilton a substantially better nerf.

9 TV Coverage -
I rate it 8, replays were shown, different camera angles were utilized, they didn't just follow Alonso all the time, they focused on genuine on track battles. The only odd thing (and boy did I laugh out loud at this, in both Quali and Race PC) was that whenever someone's name was mentioned by another racer in the press conference, the cameraman, as if to remind us who that person was, would jerkily move on to their passive face.. :) It was even funnier that when they happened to switch to Hamilton in Quali PC, while Kovy was still talking, Hamilton was picking his nose.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 12 Oct 2008, 09:30

1-Best Driver: Fernando Alonso, as usual!
2-Best Team: Renault. fantastic car all weekend, and a brilliant strategy for both Nels and Fernie
3-Best Overtake: Massa on Webber and Heidfield
4-Best Moment: lewis being an imbecile at the start, and Massa giving Lewis a love tap.
5-Worst Driver & Worst Team: Hamilton, because all that preaching c**p for the past two weeks about being in it for points, was blown away. He nearly took his own teammate out, Kimi out, and caused a huge crash behind, which in effect, you can easily assume it was his mistake that let DC be tapped up the back side and retiring ¬_¬/ Mclaren for obvious reasons.
6-Best Rookie: NELSON PIQUET! FINALLY showing he IS worth his seat. at first, i made excuses for him, but then he made mistake after mistake.... another 2 performances like that, and he should be secure for next year IMO.
7-Biggest Surprise: Fernando's back-to-back. I knew a podium was possible, because I thought kimi and Heikki would fluff it, but boy i chose the wrong people!
8-General Comment: I believe lewis was stupid with that comment about how he got the same penalty yet massa made contact and he didnt. The reason for that, is because lewis' stupidity nearly caused a 20-car pile up. In effect it did cause people to tap each other, IE glock/Kazuki/DC, and as kimi has said post race, both mclarens whacked him one and damaged his front end slightly. So lewis is pretty imbecilic, because in the end, he was the most dangerous. Massa also deserved his penalty for tapping lewis backwards. But it was WELL worth it.
Regarding bourdais' grid penalty, i thought it was fair from the angle on ITV, because massa was flying round the corner, and bourdais was terribly slow coming out and did appear to wander left into massa and spun him. Wasnt it nice to see genuine friendship on the podium eh!?
9-Your thoughts & Rating for TV coverage(out of 10): 10/10 for ITV not having steve ryder! On a serious note, James Allen kept wishing penalties on Massa which irritates me, but Brundle did criticise lewis, rightfully so. That and FINALLY, there NOT portraying Alonso to be the evil man those stupid idiots believe him to be so about 7/10.

darthfury
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by darthfury » 12 Oct 2008, 09:58

1-Best Driver: Fernando Alonso
2-Best Team: Ferrari and its lighting pit of 4.1s for Massa
3-Best Overtake: Massa on Webber
4-Best Moment: Nelsinho Piquet near Raikkonen and Kubica, I even thought he could overtake both drivers if they made a mistake.
5-Worst Driver & Worst Team: Hamilton & Mclaren engine failure of Kov
6-Best Rookie: Piquet!!!!!!!!!
7-Biggest Surprise: Massa's astonishing pace at the end of the race!
8-General Comment: I believe these 2 points that Massa got are the winning title points. He will win the championship and in Interlagos, BRAZIL!
9-Your thoughts & Rating for TV coverage(out of 10) 10/10

grafic
kart driver
kart driver

Post by grafic » 12 Oct 2008, 10:04

1.Alonso
2.Renault 1st and 4th
3.Massa on Webber. Very impressive on Massa!
4.Two moments. Massa hitting Hamilton and Alonso winning the race for the second time
5.Hamilton and Honda
6.Piquet
7.Alonso face to face with a BMW and winning!!!
8.ALONSO NOW IS TOTALLY BACK WITH RENAULT!!!
9.9/10.I think he mades a good job, not like the last year

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 12 Oct 2008, 10:20

1-Best Driver
Alonso. Kubica great race too

2-Best Team
Reanult, 1st and 4th

3-Best Overtake
Not sure, maybe massa on webber

4-Best Moment
last pit stop, Alonso, Kubica and Kimi fight

Hamilton, 1st on grid and very bad race. Bad race start (his mistake), bad first turn (his mistake).
Mclaren, 0 points!!!

6-Best Rookie
Piquet

7-Biggest Surprise
Hamilton mistake on first turn, and ferrari must go out

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 12 Oct 2008, 10:25

joostlamers wrote: 5-Worst Driver & Worst Team - MASSA (DON'T say Hamilton, because those who say Hamilton now, must think about the fact that your man, that stupid Brazilian, ruined Lewis' race!!
Yes,
1-Lewis ruined Kimi race start on first turn, do you saw it!!!. Drive-throught to Lewis for these, and other to Massa. That's races

2-used to be Lewis ruined races to others, so bad lucky when anyone ruined Lewis race. Maybe you know next races are China and and Brazil. Last year was fantastics races to Lewis......
joostlamers wrote: He is a scandal for F1, you should be lucky he only got a DTP for that: he ruined someones race!!!) Honda
scandal is Lewis, crashing everyone and don't stop talking about other

MP4/4#12
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by MP4/4#12 » 12 Oct 2008, 13:32

Sadly, i missed this one, bit trashed lately couldn`t wake up. But from some articles he sure looks it was a nice race.

Haukinen
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Haukinen » 12 Oct 2008, 13:36

1-Best Driver = F. Alonso
2-Best Team = Renault
3-Best Overtake = Kimi/Trulli
4-Best Moment = Start
5-Worst Driver & Worst Team = F. Massa/Ferrari
6-Best Rookie = Kubica
7-Biggest Surprise = Hamilton takes a penalty from the start.
8-General Comment = Results should have been Kubica, Räikkönen and Piquet, so that Kubica is closer to Hamilton, and Kimi is still on the championship-game.
9-Your thoughts & Rating for TV coverage(out of 10)
Umm.. 9

"F1 won't change me" -Jenson Button, just weeks before dumping his girlfriend of five years and buying a Ferrari