2008 FORMULA 1™ Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix

Who will win the 2008 Japanese Grand Prix

Poll ended at 12 Oct 2008, 17:06

Lewis Hamilton
18
22%
Felipe Massa
31
37%
Robert Kubica
6
7%
Kimi Räikkönen
13
16%
Nick Heidfeld
0
No votes
Heikki Kovalainen
1
1%
Fernando Alonso
11
13%
Sebastian Vettel
0
No votes
Jarno Trulli
0
No votes
Timo Glock
0
No votes
Nico Rosberg
0
No votes
Nelsinho Piquet
0
No votes
Kazuki Nakajima
3
4%
 
Total votes: 83

kimi and mika
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 397
Joined: 22 Oct 2007, 20:15

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix

Post by kimi and mika » 14 Oct 2008, 16:32

Well, hypothetically, if Alonso were to do something to Hamilton like that which Fontana did to Villeneuve, then the video would be fitting. It is only a hypothetical situation, but it fits in with my understanding and perception of Alonso's comments.


Wouldn't Alonso have to be lapped for that?

And I have always been a Kimi fan, it's been hard watching him come runner up when McLaren built a good car, then 7th or 5th when they didn't. Then he got the title but I don't think he's lost his motavation, he always tries to win if he can, but he's had a bad time. After Canada, Ferrari made mistakes then Kimi made mistakes and it looks like it's getting better but now he can't win. I'm sure he'll help massa IF HE CAN, that's the main point, if he can...

I didn't like Hamilton when he came into F1 then I disliked him more and more, sure he's a good driver but he's not as good as what the press and ITV think, that's one reason why I don't like him. There are many others but I will not list them. I also disliked Alonso, for 1 reason, he beat Kimi! But now I respect him and he deserves the 2 world titles, he is the best driver in f1 but for some weird reason nobody will give him a drive. I hope Renault get better, I would love a 4 way fight, Macca, Ferrari, BMW and Renault, that would be great.
Image

User avatar
scermat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 310
Joined: 01 Jan 2007, 23:52
Location: Malta - the island with 0 motorsport

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix

Post by scermat » 14 Oct 2008, 16:48

TwistedArmco wrote:Oh yeah! It was about a soldier urinating on someone's face, so Private Eye (a spoof magazine) phtoshopped Piers Morgan's face onto the original photoshopped picture. :)

But in all seriousness, yes absolutely, tabloids make me sick, and are capable of anything. I know exactly what you mean.


isntrestign interview with lewis that concentrates on this subject. now its either him or the tabloids that are liars (i'm giving lewis haters adjectives myself now :p ). alas, its an intresting read.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 4709.shtml
Image
Image

User avatar
megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5873
Joined: 10 Apr 2007, 18:30
Location: Pasig City, Metro Manila PH

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix

Post by megasyxx » 14 Oct 2008, 17:20

kimi and mika wrote:I also disliked Alonso, for 1 reason, he beat Kimi!


as much as i disliked michael, coz he beat mika :)
though fernando did a great job @ japan, a well-deserved 2nd win this season!
Image

User avatar
shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 6531
Joined: 11 May 2008, 09:03
Location: Classified

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix

Post by shailf1 » 14 Oct 2008, 18:07

Here are hamilton-kimi, massa-hamilton, massa- bourdais incident if someone wants to see them again

Code: Select all

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2008/10/8530.html


Link : Zzzz

Lemans3
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 72
Joined: 08 Aug 2008, 09:46

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix

Post by Lemans3 » 14 Oct 2008, 18:19

yeah, I watched that video on Formula1.com. It is nice to see it from different angles.
Anyway, I feel that the penalty that Hamy got was too heavy. Off course he braked too late, but he did not damage any other car. He fell back a few places after the incident, so I feel that is a penalty. The incident with Massa and Hamy my opinion is that Massa was punished right. Hamy had to wait till around 15 cars had passed before he could join the race again. The Massa -Bourdais incident was just a race incident. I feel Bourdais shouldn't have been punished for that, especially because Massa didn't have any disadvantage, I mean, he didn't lose a position.

User avatar
megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5873
Joined: 10 Apr 2007, 18:30
Location: Pasig City, Metro Manila PH

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix

Post by megasyxx » 14 Oct 2008, 18:22

saw it too, @ shail.....
1st and 2nd incidents - no comment, but on the 3rd incindent - i think massa's not looking in his mirror.
Image

User avatar
Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Posts: 4153
Joined: 27 Jun 2007, 15:26
Location: Bombay
Contact:

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix

Post by Zack » 14 Oct 2008, 20:08

*chk vid thread*

Flat Spot
Image

TBH .. i felt all penalties were unnecessary.

Regarding Massa - bourdais , its hard to get any conclusion about that incident.
>Massa & Bourdais both miscalculated
>Massa Mirrors might be useless considering bourdais position.
>Interestingly Massa was ahead :blink:

rest speculation .. tomorrow .. nah! today 10/15/2008 - 1:38 AM

GN.
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

User avatar
IraNik
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 41
Joined: 07 Sep 2008, 14:29

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix

Post by IraNik » 14 Oct 2008, 20:21

shail69 wrote:Here are hamilton-kimi, massa-hamilton, massa- bourdais incident if someone wants to see them again

Code: Select all

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2008/10/8530.html


Link : Zzzz


oh my god. the massa on board video is really scary. felipe does absolutely nothing to prevent him crashing into hamilton. absolutely nothing, at a point that he was 1/2 a car length behind at the very least.

this guy is a maniac. he should have been given a 10-sec stop and go. dogshit decision.

User avatar
IraNik
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 41
Joined: 07 Sep 2008, 14:29

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix

Post by IraNik » 14 Oct 2008, 20:23

and i am not going to buy the argument that he had little control of the car because he was on the kerbs ---- he could have slightly (very very slightly) turned a bit left.

but he doesn't. he keeps the steering wheel straight up, ramming hamilton.

a very calculated and deliberate action indeed.

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1405
Joined: 03 Jan 2008, 21:04

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix

Post by Fergie1 » 14 Oct 2008, 20:54

IraNik wrote:and i am not going to buy the argument that he had little control of the car because he was on the kerbs ---- he could have slightly (very very slightly) turned a bit left.

but he doesn't. he keeps the steering wheel straight up, ramming hamilton.

a very calculated and deliberate action indeed.

Agreed.

User avatar
shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 6531
Joined: 11 May 2008, 09:03
Location: Classified

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix

Post by shailf1 » 14 Oct 2008, 21:36

Zack wrote:*chk vid thread*

Flat Spot
Image

TBH .. i felt all penalties were unnecessary.

Regarding Massa - bourdais , its hard to get any conclusion about that incident.
>Massa & Bourdais both miscalculated
>Massa Mirrors might be useless considering bourdais position.
>Interestingly Massa was ahead :blink:

rest speculation .. tomorrow .. nah! today 10/15/2008 - 1:38 AM

GN.


yeah, he would have pitted for sure, not because of massa's touch but because but because of his tyre and at that points it was unnecessary for him ot be aggressive and overtake massa.

User avatar
scermat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 310
Joined: 01 Jan 2007, 23:52
Location: Malta - the island with 0 motorsport

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix

Post by scermat » 14 Oct 2008, 21:46

i dont think it was deliberate. his option of not hitting lewis was to cut the chicane and erm that would've made him look like a fool after what he said at spa. normal race incident to me. his fault yes, but i wouldnt say its deliberate. if you wanna see deliberate see schumi vs hill in 94 lol.

shail69 wrote:yeah, he would have pitted for sure, not because of massa's touch but because but because of his tyre and at that points it was unnecessary for him ot be aggressive and overtake massa.


hahahahaha. so you're saying he should've backed off and let massa stay ahead just because of that?

maybe this'll help http://www.google.com/search?client=ope ... 8&oe=utf-8
Image
Image

User avatar
shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 6531
Joined: 11 May 2008, 09:03
Location: Classified

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix

Post by shailf1 » 14 Oct 2008, 22:12

scermat wrote:i dont think it was deliberate. his option of not hitting lewis was to cut the chicane and erm that would've made him look like a fool after what he said at spa. normal race incident to me. his fault yes, but i wouldnt say its deliberate. if you wanna see deliberate see schumi vs hill in 94 lol.

shail69 wrote:yeah, he would have pitted for sure, not because of massa's touch but because but because of his tyre and at that points it was unnecessary for him ot be aggressive and overtake massa.


hahahahaha. so you're saying he should've backed off and let massa stay ahead just because of that?

maybe this'll help http://www.google.com/search?client=ope ... 8&oe=utf-8

I dont think the drivers are racing when they dont have a car to race.
The link you gave doesnt relate to your statement. Its not only speed but a little bit of luck and some fans in the brain to keep you cool in some circumstance(which hamilton seem to lack).

User avatar
TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2010
Joined: 30 May 2008, 18:44

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix

Post by TwistedArmco » 14 Oct 2008, 22:16

shail69 wrote:
scermat wrote:i dont think it was deliberate. his option of not hitting lewis was to cut the chicane and erm that would've made him look like a fool after what he said at spa. normal race incident to me. his fault yes, but i wouldnt say its deliberate. if you wanna see deliberate see schumi vs hill in 94 lol.

shail69 wrote:yeah, he would have pitted for sure, not because of massa's touch but because but because of his tyre and at that points it was unnecessary for him ot be aggressive and overtake massa.


hahahahaha. so you're saying he should've backed off and let massa stay ahead just because of that?

maybe this'll help http://www.google.com/search?client=ope ... 8&oe=utf-8

I dont think the drivers are racing when they dont have a car to race.
The link you gave doesnt relate to your statement. Its not only speed but a little bit of luck and some fans in the brain to keep you cool in some circumstance(which hamilton seem to lack).


In fairness to Hamilton, Massa's move was stupid, and Hamilton had every right to try and race him, even with damage. Hamilton is a born racer, and had him into the corner. whether Massa tried to genuinely tuck in, or took to the kerbs to get a better contact, no-one but Massa and Ferrari confidants can be sure.
In fairness to Massa, Hamilton was stupid for adding a good 15-20 seconds and 10-12 places to his race by not giving him enough room. Not that Hamilton was obliged to, it's just that the risk of Massa spinning him around was frankly an extra one that he didn't need to add to his already self-compromised race.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

LedFNZep
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 49
Joined: 07 Sep 2008, 16:56
Location: Houston TX

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix

Post by LedFNZep » 14 Oct 2008, 22:18

Massa did a one of Tom Cruise's bump and run moves from The Days of Thunder on Lewis.
As for the last incident it happens, if anything the racing is not boring that's for sure.

Locked