4%

Total votes: 83

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix

Post by Ali » 11 Oct 2008, 06:31

hannibal_rising wrote:
Ali wrote:I guess Ferrari tried some tactic game by sending Kimi lighter than both Massa and Hamilton to snatch the pole or even front row but it unfortunately faded. Even worse than they thoght cause Massa is nowhere near to fight for the lead if weather conditions doesn't decide play a part in the show. It can be another blow for Ferrari strategicly speaking. Massa has to pass Alonso in the first turn otherwise his championship hopes will quickly decrease.

Fuel load prediction = Massa > Kovalainen > Hamilton >= Raikkonen

I don't think they have such a bet about the fuel. On the italian television they interviewed many from ferrari and they were not much happy about Massa. They were expecting more... so, I don't think it's a strategic decision...

No mate, you should read what Rob said in the previous page. He said they are happy with their strategy giving some clues of Felipe's fuel load. Indeed, how could a championship contender's engineer be happy with his driver in 5th and his rival in 1st place unless his driver have lots of fuel on board? If not, they must have been mad.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 11 Oct 2008, 06:32

How come Kimi is so fast all of a sudden? Where has his pace come from? Japanese nightlife? Sushi? An actual desire to prove Ferrari right for giving him a contract?

hannibal_rising
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by hannibal_rising » 11 Oct 2008, 06:38

Ali wrote:
hannibal_rising wrote:
Ali wrote:I guess Ferrari tried some tactic game by sending Kimi lighter than both Massa and Hamilton to snatch the pole or even front row but it unfortunately faded. Even worse than they thoght cause Massa is nowhere near to fight for the lead if weather conditions doesn't decide play a part in the show. It can be another blow for Ferrari strategicly speaking. Massa has to pass Alonso in the first turn otherwise his championship hopes will quickly decrease.

I don't think they have such a bet about the fuel. On the italian television they interviewed many from ferrari and they were not much happy about Massa. They were expecting more... so, I don't think it's a strategic decision...

No mate, you should read what Rob said in the previous page. He said they are happy with their strategy giving some clues of Felipe's fuel load. Indeed, how could a championship contender's engineer be happy with his driver in 5th and his rival in 1st place unless his driver have lots of fuel on board? If not, they must have been mad.

They always say that when they cannot have the pole... hehe... moreover, he said he was happy with the strategy not smiling at all... neither felipe was smiling... But the race is long, and probably Massa will take some positions... He may take the third place easily... more places... uf... depends... Yesterday Hamilton in soft tyres did a good lap... but the second lap was +0.5... and the third +1.2... So everything is a big question mark for tomorrow...

hannibal_rising
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by hannibal_rising » 11 Oct 2008, 06:40

swca92 wrote:How come Kimi is so fast all of a sudden? Where has his pace come from? Japanese nightlife? Sushi? An actual desire to prove Ferrari right for giving him a contract?

not feeling anymore the pressure for winning the championship?

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 11 Oct 2008, 06:41

Ali wrote:
hannibal_rising wrote:

But in this case he is mad anyway :p

To me its stupid & risky strategy ... it can put WDC title out of reach.
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by syncmaster » 11 Oct 2008, 06:43

Zack wrote:
Ali wrote:
hannibal_rising wrote:

But in this case he is mad anyway :p

To me its stupid & risky strategy ... it can put WDC title out of reach.

Lets just wait and watch
Desire has no limits

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 11 Oct 2008, 06:44

If Lewis wins the race and Massa is 5th Lewis is 12 points clear with 2 races left.Same as last year...

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by syncmaster » 11 Oct 2008, 06:47

swca92 wrote:If Lewis wins the race and Massa is 5th Lewis is 12 points clear with 2 races left.Same as last year...

No it will be not same as last year.Last year Kimmi and alonso was in reach and these people were very much were capable of wining championship but this year it will be Massa if they finish as they are on the grid
Desire has no limits

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 11 Oct 2008, 06:52

Ferrari wanted to sandwich Hamilton but apperantly they didn't consider their "other" rivals, which are those low fuelled and team mates. I feared Glock might have been light to give Japanese fans some cheering but fortunately it didn't happen.

In a track where drivers are seperated withing hundreds of seconds, 0.2 second difference between Lewis and Kimi AND Kimi and Massa are huge. Both Kimi and Massa got it wrong in their last attempt, while Lewis was flying. I infer from what Ron said "It's his best ever pole" statement that he'd done a perfect lap as just Massa did in Singapore. Lewis may not that lighter than Kimi. It's really disappointing for Ferrari but very very promising for Macca.

Btw, Kimi would give his position to Massa if any need will occur. I have no doubt about it. Racing for team means not only taking points but also winning both championship. It's not important who win it as long as Ferrari wins but now it's important who will win WDC-wise. So Kimi must be a team player and give his position to Massa. He surely would do that.
Last edited by Ali on 11 Oct 2008, 06:59, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 11 Oct 2008, 06:57

syncmaster wrote:
swca92 wrote:If Lewis wins the race and Massa is 5th Lewis is 12 points clear with 2 races left.Same as last year...

No it will be not same as last year.Last year Kimmi and alonso was in reach and these people were very much were capable of wining championship but this year it will be Massa if they finish as they are on the grid

I meant in terms of points advantage.Ferrari,whatever they say,have screwed up.Massa will do well to get on the podium this race.Kovalainen could be crucial for McLaren,he could well knock Massa down to 4th tomorrow and give Lewis an extra points advanyage

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 11 Oct 2008, 07:05

Kovalainen is looking good this weekend for once so that could make a difference. BMW aren't, no-one else seems to be 3rd at all. Macca and Ferrari could well scamper off into the distance

coup
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by coup » 11 Oct 2008, 07:37

great to see raikkonen back where he belongs! :)

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 11 Oct 2008, 07:41

phil1993 wrote:Kovalainen is looking good this weekend for once so that could make a difference. BMW aren't, no-one else seems to be 3rd at all. Macca and Ferrari could well scamper off into the distance

Hope Mclaren scores a 1-2 tomorrow ! It has been almost a year since a Mclaren 1 - 2. I hope it comes on the day when it will make a difference !

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by syncmaster » 11 Oct 2008, 07:49

sanredrose wrote:
phil1993 wrote:Kovalainen is looking good this weekend for once so that could make a difference. BMW aren't, no-one else seems to be 3rd at all. Macca and Ferrari could well scamper off into the distance

Hope Mclaren scores a 1-2 tomorrow ! It has been almost a year since a Mclaren 1 - 2. I hope it comes on the day when it will make a difference !

I will be surprised if Heikki Kovalainen makes a good start.He is losing places on lap 1 in previous races and spoiling the party of Mclaren to lead in constructors.Kimmi on front row no surprise for me but i will be surprised if finishes as grid position or higher then that and then i will say that kimmi is back in form.Massa need a cracking start to overcome his mistakes from Qualifying lap or to make use of his strategy(What ever it may be)
Desire has no limits

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 11 Oct 2008, 07:54

Ron Dennis: "We will race strategically, no question."
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at