It is currently 22 Aug 2017, 14:57

All times are UTC




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 973 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 65  Next

Who will win the 2008 Japanese Grand Prix
Poll ended at 12 Oct 2008, 17:06
Lewis Hamilton 22%  22%  [ 18 ]
Felipe Massa 37%  37%  [ 31 ]
Robert Kubica 7%  7%  [ 6 ]
Kimi Räikkönen 16%  16%  [ 13 ]
Nick Heidfeld 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Heikki Kovalainen 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Fernando Alonso 13%  13%  [ 11 ]
Sebastian Vettel 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Jarno Trulli 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Timo Glock 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Nico Rosberg 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Nelsinho Piquet 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Kazuki Nakajima 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 83
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2008, 19:37  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 11 May 2008, 09:03
Posts: 6531
Location: Classified
Country: Nepal (np)
well, it will make the car look a little bit different.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2008, 19:43  
F1 Driver

Joined: 03 Jan 2008, 21:04
Posts: 1405
joostlamers wrote:
syncmaster wrote:
Can't wait for the Qualifying and the Race

yeah!! Bring it on!! i'm going out of my bed to see FP2 :p

I'm getting up at 6am too watch FP2 on my laptop in bed. :p
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2008, 20:05  
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Posts: 25503
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
I wish I could! but i will suffer all weekend through getting up at 6am for quali and 5.30am for the Race!!!!! and i leave the house at 7am so wont have time :(

_________________
F1Zone.net News
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2008, 20:29  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 30 May 2008, 18:44
Posts: 2010
joostlamers wrote:
AzShadow wrote:
The farce thing is not a fact, but your point of view so please respect others' opinions too and don't do any unnecessary provocations. Thanks.

If you would have read my previous post properly, you would have seen that it is not my point of view, it's a fact. You want a name? Okay: the only person who spoke to Hamilton himself after the race, before he got his penalty was Alan Donelly. He is the chairman of the racestewards. So the 3 race stewards gave the penalty to Hamilton without having spoken with Hamilton!!! We was robbed!! (the sun :p )


Jesus Christ.. "..that is not a point of view, it's a fact." - Since when did you know the facts? You know the evidence, but not the facts. Namely you know the evidence that Lewis Hamilton was not consulted, but why does that mean he was stitched up? What happens on the race track matters, not what Lewis has to say for himself. Stewards are there to oversee the racing. Fact is a very borderline word. What you have there is an opinion. FACT?? There are few solid facts in the world.

Basically saying "I'm right, I'm right, it's fact, therefpore you're wrong" over and over is NOT appreciated.
Don't.

_________________
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2008, 20:31  
F1 Champion
User avatar

Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Posts: 11852
Location: Tilburg
Country: Netherlands (nl)
More 'make cars green' photos:
Image
Image
Image
Image
It certainly looks nice, but I really don't know if it's gonna work. It's a good start to something, that's for sure

_________________
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2008, 20:36  
F1 Champion
User avatar

Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Posts: 11852
Location: Tilburg
Country: Netherlands (nl)
TwistedArmco wrote:
joostlamers wrote:
AzShadow wrote:
The farce thing is not a fact, but your point of view so please respect others' opinions too and don't do any unnecessary provocations. Thanks.

If you would have read my previous post properly, you would have seen that it is not my point of view, it's a fact. You want a name? Okay: the only person who spoke to Hamilton himself after the race, before he got his penalty was Alan Donelly. He is the chairman of the racestewards. So the 3 race stewards gave the penalty to Hamilton without having spoken with Hamilton!!! We was robbed!! (the sun :p )


Jesus Christ.. "..that is not a point of view, it's a fact." - Since when did you know the facts? You know the evidence, but not the facts. Namely you know the evidence that Lewis Hamilton was not consulted, but why does that mean he was stitched up? What happens on the race track matters, not what Lewis has to say for himself. Stewards are there to oversee the racing. Fact is a very borderline word. What you have there is an opinion. FACT?? There are few solid facts in the world.

Basically saying "I'm right, I'm right, it's fact, therefpore you're wrong" over and over is NOT appreciated.
Don't.

Gosh!! Why don't you believe me?? :huh: The reporter is not a fan of Hamilton, he just says that with all those prove, the çase has an awful smell. You can't disagree with him. The penalty just not right! I don't care you don't appreciate it, it has to be discussed!!

_________________
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2008, 20:41  
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Posts: 25503
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Shall we make a thread 'Belgian GP- who actually gives a toss anymore' - (unless Ham loses title by <6pts) cos frankly im fed up of it, i was after the tuesday after the gp

_________________
F1Zone.net News
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2008, 20:44  
F1 Legend
User avatar

Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 15:50
Posts: 23702
Location: North Pole
Country: Northern Mariana Islands (mp)
those tyres look like part of the Honda colour scheme
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2008, 20:45  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 30 May 2008, 18:44
Posts: 2010
Quote:
Gosh!! Why don't you believe me?? The reporter is not a fan of Hamilton, he just says that with all those prove, the çase has an awful smell. You can't disagree with him. The penalty just not right! I don't care you don't appreciate it, it has to be discussed!!


It has to be discussed.. with opinions. Not "you can't disagree with him". I damn well can disagree with anyone I want to, and so can anyone else! It's not a "fact". After all, you would dispute the "fact" that Felipe Massa won the Belgian Grand Prix, but the FIA thinks it's fact.
This is the only part of your argument that I am not ok with.

I am ok with you thinking that the penalty is wrong, perhaps the worst decision in the History of the sport, etc. I am ok with all of that. But that is opinion, not fact, and repeating over and over again that you "cannot disagree" with your logic and that everyone else is wrong and you speak only in fact counts as trolling the forum, and will get only you into warningland.

OPINION NOT FACT. ALMOST NOTHING IS SOLID FACT, ALMOST EVERYTHING IS DEBATABLE. BUT DEBATE WITH OPINIONS. DO NOT ANNOY ME FURTHER.

_________________
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2008, 20:47  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 30 May 2008, 18:44
Posts: 2010
phil1993 wrote:
Shall we make a thread 'Belgian GP- who actually gives a toss anymore' - (unless Ham loses title by <6pts) cos frankly im fed up of it, i was after the tuesday after the gp


How about we make a thread called "Anyone who trolls the forum gets banned - we are all reasonable people here*"


*By the way, those that believe that the penalty was right are also reasonable people, despite what Mac fans may think..

_________________
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2008, 20:51  
F1 Champion
User avatar

Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Posts: 11852
Location: Tilburg
Country: Netherlands (nl)
Let's stop. And talk about the Japanese GP again :p

_________________
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2008, 21:15  
F1 Driver

Joined: 03 Jan 2008, 21:04
Posts: 1405
TwistedArmco wrote:
phil1993 wrote:
Shall we make a thread 'Belgian GP- who actually gives a toss anymore' - (unless Ham loses title by <6pts) cos frankly im fed up of it, i was after the tuesday after the gp


How about we make a thread called "Anyone who trolls the forum gets banned - we are all reasonable people here*"


*By the way, those that believe that the penalty was right are also reasonable people, despite what Mac fans may think..

You've just said whoever trolls gets banned, in my eyes that could start a argument.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2008, 22:05  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 15:07
Posts: 1169
Location: Duisburg, Germany
In contrast to all opinions mentioned, I think the green stripes on the tires and the "make cars greener" campaign are a good thing. I don´t think it´s hypocratical, because F1 became more ecological over the past years. The switch from V12s and V10s to the smaller 2.4 liter V8s, in 2005 a whole set of tires had to be used for qualy and race, Honda´s earth livery (although it was the biggest flop in F1 history :)), next year KERS, and so on.

I think F1 keeps up with the times in that matter.

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2008, 23:14  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 11 May 2008, 09:03
Posts: 6531
Location: Classified
Country: Nepal (np)
Fergie1 wrote:
joostlamers wrote:
syncmaster wrote:
Can't wait for the Qualifying and the Race

yeah!! Bring it on!! i'm going out of my bed to see FP2 :p

I'm getting up at 6am too watch FP2 on my laptop in bed. :p

I am waking up at 2 am to watch FP1. :n
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2008, 23:21  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 07 Oct 2007, 21:13
Posts: 2476
Location: Istanbul
Country: Turkey (tr)
1. Fuji c**p compared to Suzuka says Irvine
F1Complete wrote:
Eddie Irvine, a former Ferrari driver and 1999 championship runner-up, has slammed F1's decision to strip Suzuka of its status as the permanent home of the Japanese grand prix.

2. Hamilton looking to extend his advantage
Planet-F1 wrote:
Lewis Hamilton is hoping to repeat his stunning performance from last year's Japanese Grand Prix as he aims to increase his lead over Felipe Massa.

3. Ferrari's Massa promises Fuji fightback
Reuters wrote:
Ferrari's Felipe Massa warned championship leader Lewis Hamilton on Wednesday that the fight for the Formula One title will rage all the way to the wire.

4. Sutil hoping for second happy homecoming
CrashF1 wrote:
Adrian Sutil has more reason than most to look forward to returning to the Japanese GP at Fuji, but admits that a repeat of 2007 might be tough to achieve.

5. Domenicali: Simple statement, difficult task
CrashF1 wrote:
Ferrari insists that it will be possible for its cars to finish 1-2 in the Japanese Grand Prix this weekend.

6. We aim to make up for lost ground at Japan - Theissen
Following the spectacular Singapore Grand Prix, the BMW Sauber F1 Team is now preparing for the 15th race of the season: the Japanese Grand Prix. BMW Motorsport Director Mario Theissen reports on how the team from Munich and Hinwil has spent the last few days, and hopes for more World Championship points in Fuji.

7. What challenges does Fuji present?
F1Network wrote:
The major feature of Fuji is the very long straight, and this straight goes into a slow corner which will mean some interesting overtaking opportunities. There are only two high speed corners, with the 100R and 300R. We will see dry set-ups with low downforce configurations. The surface is quite smooth, so I do not expect problems with wear. As we saw last year, the biggest challenge could be the weather and I will certainly be bringing wet weather clothing.

8. Fuji Speedway snapshot
GPUpdate wrote:
Fuji Speedway is still a relative unknown in Formula One. Although the circuit debuted on the calendar last year, the majority of data collated was distorted due to the torrential rain which affected the sessions.

However, what is clear is that 33% of the 4.563km Fuji lap is dominated by the start / finish stretch which provides plenty of overtaking opportunities. Measuring 1.5km in length, it's the longest straight driven all season, one on which drivers will reach top speeds of 195mph and spend almost 20 full seconds on the throttle. The end of the straight is then met by a hairpin at turn one, followed by a series of six left and ten right-hand low speed winding loops and gradient changes before the drivers journey back onto the start / finish straight.

There are no extremes at Fuji so the best lap times will be achieved by those cars with the strongest mechanical and aero principles. Set-up direction will ultimately be dictated by Fuji's long straight but must also take into consideration the slower speed corners. A medium downforce configuration, to carry speed and assist overtaking, coupled with strong brakes and a balanced ride through the winding corners, will be the optimum operating level for this weekend's Japanese Grand Prix at the Fuji Speedway.

_________________
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 973 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 65  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
Jump to:  
cron

F1Zone.net is proudly powered by phpBB