4%

Total votes: 83

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix

Post by TwistedArmco » 13 Oct 2008, 08:39

Fergie1 wrote:
TwistedArmco wrote:..and I know you're only saying this whole thing as a joke, but the guys who do it have to..
I think it was a joke to start with mate. :O
Oh really, I'd have never guessed.. :s

Look up, fergie, to the bold bit of the quote. The only thing I'm saying is that even if this whole thing came out of a joke, I still think the job that the stewards do is undervalued. Like I said and like swca said, it's the system (timing/constitution/power) that is at fault, but the Stewards should not be faulted for trying to do their job. Imagine what would have happened if they had given only Massa a penalty, and then apply the same situation for Lewis. One set of fans would have gone and got themselves banned. Hell, one did anyway.

So, basically, they make the decisions based on fairness and action, not who they support, which is why I protest at the constant stream of abuse directed at the stewards. Sorry, but there is no conspiracy in F1, and I have to believe that.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 13 Oct 2008, 09:13

It's nicer to read James Allen than to listen him:
Hamilton can have few complaints about [Massa incident] it – after all he’s put some tasty moves on other drivers this year – but it’s definitely a marker for him that Massa will not be a soft touch in future.
Full article: http://www.itv-f1.com/Feature.aspx?Type ... 4&PO=44254
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 13 Oct 2008, 09:47

Some Alonso-centric stats:

1. Alonso won Formula One's first (and possibly only) green-tyred race, to add to winning the first night race at Singapore just 2 weeks ago.

2. Alonso has won 21 Grands Prix the most of the current field, at 16 different Grand Prix, also an active driver record. Japan, Monaco, Malaysia, Bahrain and Europe are the events where Fernando has won twice.

3. Alonso has now won Grands Prix at 17 different circuits, given the alteration of Fuji and Suzuka.

4. Alonso has won 10 Grands Prix - including the 2008 Singapore and Japanese Grands Prix - from a gridspot other than pole position.

5. Alonso won from 4th place on the grid at Fuji, but he has won from lower down the grid three times, from 5th (2006 Japanese Grand Prix), 6th (2005 European Grand Prix) and 15th (2008 Singapore Grand Prix).
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 13 Oct 2008, 09:53

Nice av zack :p , Raikkonen is 21 points behind Lewis Hamilton with 20 left to be won this year. Thus his chances of retaining the crown he won in 2007 are over.

Kubica deserves it more than Massa or Hamilton as he's been consistent all year and not made any major mistakes while the two leaders have both had some horrible races. Realistically he needs some rain/luck to overthrow the deficit, but it's definitely possible!!

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 13 Oct 2008, 10:24

TwistedArmco wrote:Some Alonso-centric stats:

1. Alonso won Formula One's first (and possibly only) green-tyred race, to add to winning the first night race at Singapore just 2 weeks ago.

2. Alonso has won 21 Grands Prix the most of the current field, at 16 different Grand Prix, also an active driver record. Japan, Monaco, Malaysia, Bahrain and Europe are the events where Fernando has won twice.

3. Alonso has now won Grands Prix at 17 different circuits, given the alteration of Fuji and Suzuka.

4. Alonso has won 10 Grands Prix - including the 2008 Singapore and Japanese Grands Prix - from a gridspot other than pole position.

5. Alonso won from 4th place on the grid at Fuji, but he has won from lower down the grid three times, from 5th (2006 Japanese Grand Prix), 6th (2005 European Grand Prix) and 15th (2008 Singapore Grand Prix).

As I mentioned earlier or in another thread, I don´t quite remember :) :
Fernando is a brilliánt racing driver, especially his win percentage from outside row 1 is spectacular. He might be the best driver in history in terms of transforming mediocre qualifying results into victories. Especially in 2005 and 2006 when the Renault was better, he often had to settle for 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th in the qualifying but was irresistible in the race.

In my oppinion he´s currently the best driver in F1 by quite a margin.
In a Ferrari this season he would have produced Schumi like stats.

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 13 Oct 2008, 11:23

dacer wrote:I want to see, Hamilton must do any mistake after his first turn mistake. If you see the race start again, you can see Hamilton is third (or second) behind Alonso. Next time Tv show them, then he was 5th, and Kovalainen 3th. Sure he had another mistake and loose from 3 to 5

Maybe onboard cam

EDITED, sorry was 7th, rear piquet!!!
Zack wrote:Start onboard with Felipe Massa
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSH-fyG9Nfs[/youtube]
]
THANKS ZACK!!!

Hamilton go out track on turn 1st (from 1st position to 3rd) and 2nd (from 3er position to 7th)

Hamilton 3 errors only in a few seconds!!!.
-first, race start, he looose his first position in a few meters (and he was in clean side)
-second, first turn, fighting with ferraris
-third, second turn, fighting with Alonso.

Really anyone think this guy deserve the championship?

raikkonen4ever
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by raikkonen4ever » 13 Oct 2008, 11:40

dacer wrote:Really anyone think this guy deserve the championship?
I think either Massa and Hamilton don't deserve this year championship.

Kubica is very consistant this year and I think he deserve a championship, and he can racing cleanly without take another driver out or ruined another driver's race with his mistake.

Hamilton still very young and has a bright future in Formula 1 as does Massa, they could take the next year title, but I think not this year.

(It's just my opinion, no offence) :thumbsup:

Tommi
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Tommi » 13 Oct 2008, 11:50

raikkonen4ever wrote:
dacer wrote:Really anyone think this guy deserve the championship?
I think either Massa and Hamilton don't deserve this year championship.

Kubica is very consistant this year and I think he deserve a championship, and he can racing cleanly without take another driver out or ruined another driver's race with his mistake.

Hamilton still very young and has a bright future in Formula 1 as does Massa, they could take the next year title, but I think not this year.
Same here, Hamilton and Massa doesn't deserve the 2008 championship, too much mistakes. Hopefully Kubica can take it...

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 13 Oct 2008, 11:51

it is not like someone deserve the championship, it there and you go and get it. Its not only the best and the fastest driver who gets the championship. And that is the fun behind that. If the fastest guy in the pack won it, it would be fairly straight forward.

fclen
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by fclen » 13 Oct 2008, 12:11

Zack wrote:Start onboard with Felipe Massa
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSH-fyG9Nfs[/youtube]
]
It's clear in this vid that Kimi is right in saying that both McLarens hit him.

iceman1 wrote:-On press conference I was asked if Hamilton's penalty was right in my opinion. I immediately answered yes although I didn't even know why he was punished, Alonso laughed.
:n

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 13 Oct 2008, 12:52

Renault driver Fernando Alonso says he will do all he can to help Ferrari's Felipe Massa win this year's championship. Yes, no doubt, if I can help, I will help Massa," Alonso was quoted as saying by AS newspaper following his victory in the Japanese Grand Prix.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/71379

I think it's quite unsportsman thing to do for Alonso. He tips that he may let Felipe pass or impede Hamilton deliberately. Not a sport attitude, just a personel challenge. I didn't like it.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

Arrows_F1
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Arrows_F1 » 13 Oct 2008, 13:01

fclen wrote:It's clear in this vid that Kimi is right in saying that both McLarens hit him.
I think Hamilton recieved this penalty, because he caused a dangerous situation with getting so near to Kimi and forcing him to get off the track. Imagine what could have happened if he braked some seconds later, he would have crashed into Kimi...
On the other hand I don't think this penalty was justified. Damn, this is motor racing and the stewards make it worse with their stupid penalties...

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 13 Oct 2008, 13:06

Ali wrote:
Renault driver Fernando Alonso says he will do all he can to help Ferrari's Felipe Massa win this year's championship. Yes, no doubt, if I can help, I will help Massa," Alonso was quoted as saying by AS newspaper following his victory in the Japanese Grand Prix.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/71379

I think it's quite unsportsman thing to do for Alonso. He tips that he may let Felipe pass or impede Hamilton deliberately. Not a sport attitude, just a personel challenge. I didn't like it.

Well, I don´t think Fernando will let Felipe just pass easily, he will protect his place as usual if Massa woul be behind him, he just might be a little extra "motivated" if Hamilton turns up behind him, which is not unsportsmanlike or whatever, it´s just a personal dislike for obvious reasons, it existed in the past between Hill and Schumi for example or Frentzen and Irvine, but Fernando will be fair I´m sure of that.
I like the fact, that more and more drivers speak out what they think about Hamilton (Glock, Massa, Kimi, Kubica, Alonso), because Hamilton´s behaviour the two years he´s in Formula One is the worst I´ve ever seen in F1, and I´ve seen a LOT of drivers come and go, but none behaved like Hamilton. And I´m not talking about on track behaviour, but especially off the track. Schumi and Montoya might have been worse on the track than Hamilton so far, but Hamilton´s off track behaviour is unacceptable.

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 13 Oct 2008, 13:16

Arrows_F1 wrote:
fclen wrote:It's clear in this vid that Kimi is right in saying that both McLarens hit him.
I think Hamilton recieved this penalty, because he caused a dangerous situation with getting so near to Kimi and forcing him to get off the track. Imagine what could have happened if he braked some seconds later, he would have crashed into Kimi...
On the other hand I don't think this penalty was justified. Damn, this is motor racing and the stewards make it worse with their stupid penalties...
well if he had braked some time later he would reach tokyo.Is has been said that he braked braked very late and locked up his brakes almost exactly like massa in hungary. He should actually have braked early like everyone else.

fclen
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by fclen » 13 Oct 2008, 14:04

shail69 wrote:well if he had braked some time later he would reach tokyo.Is has been said that he braked braked very late and locked up his brakes almost exactly like massa in hungary. He should actually have braked early like everyone else.
He would have a considerably larger lead in the championship if he had done so. The day Lewis learns to calm himself and drive for points when necessary (as opossed to wanting to win every race no matter what), he will become a trully great F1 driver.