4%

Total votes: 83

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix

Post by TwistedArmco » 12 Oct 2008, 13:10

Ali wrote:
TwistedArmco wrote:Erm, I don't even agree with myself, but it seems to me that:

a) Massa is penalized for sticking his nose into the corner and taking Hamilton out.
b) Bourdais is penalized for sticking his nose into the corner and taking Massa out.

Just a thought.
No no mate, they're totally different. Bourdais was in his racing line whereas Massa -in Hamilton's incident- tried to go over the kerbs. It was right to penalize Massa but it was not fair to penalize Bourdais. He must have been crying again. Poor boy.
"I don't even agree with myself" :)

I can see the difference, and those views I put are just a thought, not an opinion. I just wanted Hamilton fans to ask themselves this question and think rather than blurt out hate-posts..

EDIT: It didn't work. :p
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

MP4/4#12
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by MP4/4#12 » 12 Oct 2008, 13:20

joostlamers wrote:
shail69 wrote:Everyone has their own opinion and I respect your but I may as well say that it was lewis who wanted to to tangle with massa. He had a flat spotted tyres and he would have to pit in that lap so he thought why not he do something to massa and force him to pit as well. Sounds possible isnt it and real as well.

You can translate an accident into different meanings and everyone of those seem to be right.
Hamilton was already passed that stupid Brazilian, but he did a kamikaze, he should get 0 points in the championhip. And then that fat guy from FIArrari celebrating is just the worst thing in sports, you have to be fair, but they are so unfair, unbelieveble!
Joost, you`re a boring fan. Personnaly i don`t care who wins the title, cause my fav driver has few chances to get there, so i guess i can see racing as an impartial fan. Looking at Massa lately he lost 10 pts in Hungary, not because he was stupid, then Singapure, was he stupid ? He`s a fine driver with a shot at the title that has constantly beaten Kimi this year he`s just unlucky in crucial moments. Now concerning your fav driver, that you `re always remembering us that he`s the best, i`m thinking about one season where one of the title contenders got so many penalties or done similar mistakes........can`t recall one really !!! Maybe it`s because of fans like you that we are already becaming a bit tired of this Hamilton hype. There`s no such thing as a perfect driver, maybe THE Michael Schumacher came close to this line, but not your driver and he keeps showing it when the pressure`s on, maybe he`ll win the title maybe he won`t, but to me both Ham or Massa deserve it, both made mistakes both won races fairly and so on, what it counts now are POINTS, not `í`m better than anyone else in F1 history" bullsh!t. Take care

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 12 Oct 2008, 13:32

:thumbsup:

OK then. I've been busy typing so enjoy!

Kimitheiceman
car driver
car driver

Post by Kimitheiceman » 12 Oct 2008, 13:37

Nice :)

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 12 Oct 2008, 13:38

Actually there was a replay of Naka's wing coming off. In avoiding DC, he took to the grass and hit an inconvenient bump.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 12 Oct 2008, 13:41

OK, my bad.

Kimitheiceman
car driver
car driver

EVERYONE wants more exciting racing and when they get it....

Post by Kimitheiceman » 12 Oct 2008, 13:44

Every single person wanted more excitement in F1 including the paddock themselfs, now they got an incredible exciting race with planty of overtaking etc...and now everybody is complaining again of unfair penalty's etc.

I think that this race result is exactly the way it should be!!! The penalties are al deserved, the outcome from P1 to the last position is exactly as it should be and the stewards for once didn't screw up.
Lewis's penalty was more then justified, as was Felipe's (I'll have to admit that for once), as was bourdais penalty.
And besides that, Felipe drove an incredible race with a Schumi pace!

See you all in China again :p

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 12 Oct 2008, 13:45

Facts:

Alonso's 21st win and first back-to-back victories since GB/Canada 2006
First non score for McLaren since Canada
There will be a new world champion in 2008.
First standing start for F1 at Fuji since its return to the calendar

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 12 Oct 2008, 13:53

Normal f1 fans: ITV1 Race Re-run 3pm-6pm

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 12 Oct 2008, 13:53

However, I did miss something in terms of the replay, and I can't see it on the ITV highlights.

Here is the situation -
1. Hamilton goes ape into Turn One in one of the n00biest 1st corners in F1 history.
2. Kubica and Alonso slip through into 1st and 2nd.
3. Hamilton rejoins third, and goes side by side with Kovy in turn 2.
4. ???
5. Hamilton is behind Massa in 6th when Massa rather shamefully takes out Hamilton.

My question is, how did he get into 6th, from 3rd/4th? In other words, what happened at 4.?
The two feasible scenarios include a less than co-operative Fernando Alonso/Heikki Kovalainen giving him a face-full of tyre or an off track moment all by himself on his flatspots. But I'm very interested in how that happened, because it's not as if he lost a massive amount of momentum going into turn 2.

raikkonen4ever
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by raikkonen4ever » 12 Oct 2008, 13:53

What a shame! :(
Kimi could win the race, but those "pushy" McLarens destroyed his chance to win the race and to win the championship.

Great win by Alonso, Renault has made a big improvements to their car. Watch out for then in the next season, with this 2 consecutive wins I believe Alonso will stay in Renault next year.

I really dissapointed with 2 McLarens and Massa. Hamilton and Massa 2 very aggresive driver, but they should racing cleanly.

I put my money on Kubica for this year title.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 12 Oct 2008, 13:58

TwistedArmco wrote:However, I did miss something in terms of the replay, and I can't see it on the ITV highlights.

Here is the situation -
1. Hamilton goes ape into Turn One in one of the n00biest 1st corners in F1 history.
4. ???
5. Hamilton is behind Massa in 6th when Massa rather shamefully takes out Hamilton.

My question is, how did he get into 6th, from 3rd/4th? In other words, what happened at 4.?
The two feasible scenarios include a less than co-operative Fernando Alonso/Heikki Kovalainen giving him a face-full of tyre or an off track moment all by himself on his flatspots. But I'm very interested in how that happened, because it's not as if he lost a massive amount of momentum going into turn 2.
yeah, i thought that too. I saw him rejoin P3, but then he was P6. I reckon he didnt realise the tyres were so bad and he ran wide

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 12 Oct 2008, 14:17

joostlamers wrote: And then that fat guy from FIArrari celebrating is just the worst thing in sports, you have to be fair, but they are so unfair, unbelieveble!
And you've conveniently forgotten McLaren cheering Massa's pit stop mess? It's only two weeks ago... :O

I agree it's not good sportsmanship, but McLaren are in no way better than Ferrari.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by syncmaster » 12 Oct 2008, 14:20

phil1993 wrote:
TwistedArmco wrote:However, I did miss something in terms of the replay, and I can't see it on the ITV highlights.

Here is the situation -
4. ???

yeah, i thought that too. I saw him rejoin P3, but then he was P6. I reckon he didnt realise the tyres were so bad and he ran wide
Yes how did he got in P6??? Maybe we have wait for the onbaord race and then watch what really happened
Desire has no limits

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 12 Oct 2008, 14:25

hinchavcf wrote:Oh, great Fernando winning today for twice.
For spanish fans is fantastic watching him on the first place in Podium.

Bravo !!!

PD: Ferrari, did you see who's the BEST ?? You need him !!
Not only for Spanish fans :p

Not even sure I WANT him at Ferrari anymore, if Renault keep improving at this amazing rate they'll be rocketships next year. Best thing of all is that - after what Alonso says - they FINALLY have come to grip (ha ha) with the tyres. Beware Ferrari & Macca! :) :)
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.