Kazuki Nakajima
4%

Total votes: 83

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix

Post by iceman1 » 11 Oct 2008, 06:16

Renault are protesting that lewis held up piquet in Q2.

ScuderiaFan
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ScuderiaFan » 11 Oct 2008, 06:16

:( .. i can see the scuderia losing the WDC :( .. what the hell happend to Massa .. he has the chance to get pole even when he crossed the line there was time to do anather lap :(
Last edited by ScuderiaFan on 11 Oct 2008, 06:17, edited 1 time in total.
Remember this one "A Formula 1 race without Ferrari cars is useless" ScuderiaFan

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 11 Oct 2008, 06:16

yeah, Alonso will hold Massa up whilst Kimi will take Lewis, hell go ultra-conservative and finish 2nd and we'll get a surprise 3rd on the podium.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 11 Oct 2008, 06:18

joostlamers wrote:
iceman1 wrote:Hello , I missed the Quali :( :(
It wasn't spectaculair. Basically it was back to normal really, McLarens and Ferrari no problems comin through, Heidfeld very weak. And Q3 was also back to normal, with 6 laps for everyone.
BMW is very weak ..why blame Nick ..even Kubica just managed to get in q2 (p14).
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 11 Oct 2008, 06:19

iceman1 wrote:Renault are protesting that lewis held up piquet in Q2.
well, its a very short track, so these things happen. at the end of q2 there were 5 cars within about 7 seconds

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 11 Oct 2008, 06:20

I guess Ferrari tried some tactic game by sending Kimi lighter than both Massa and Hamilton to snatch the pole or even front row but it unfortunately faded. Even worse than they thoght cause Massa is nowhere near to fight for the lead if weather conditions doesn't decide play a part in the show. It can be another blow for Ferrari strategicly speaking. Massa has to pass Alonso in the first turn otherwise his championship hopes will quickly decrease.

Fuel load prediction = Massa > Kovalainen > Hamilton >= Raikkonen
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by syncmaster » 11 Oct 2008, 06:20

Massa's problem is Alonso as Kovalainen always slips back on the starting grid,So Massa has to pass Alonso on the start then queue behind kimmi and lewis.Then will kimmi will allow massa to overtake him or he will fight for his championship??
Desire has no limits

hannibal_rising
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by hannibal_rising » 11 Oct 2008, 06:21

What will Kimi do? to help Felipe or to help ferrari?... If he's behind Hamilton during the last laps, he may loose positions to give some more points to felipe... but, that's not good for Ferrari.
According to what he said on the press conference, seems that he is more interested on giving points to the team...

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 11 Oct 2008, 06:22

"It wasn't a perfect session. He (Massa) was complaining a little bit of lack of grip, but I think that our strategy is good for tomorrow so you know that's what we need as well. Formula One's so tight now, you have to do absolutely everything perfect, and I don't think the lap was absolutely perfect, and the car wasn't absolutely there for him as it usually is, so we're quite happy with our race pace so we'll wait and see tomorrow. "
Rob Smedley, Ferrari

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 11 Oct 2008, 06:24

Zack wrote:
joostlamers wrote:
iceman1 wrote:Hello , I missed the Quali :( :(
It wasn't spectaculair. Basically it was back to normal really, McLarens and Ferrari no problems comin through, Heidfeld very weak. And Q3 was also back to normal, with 6 laps for everyone.
BMW is very weak ..why blame Nick ..even Kubica just managed to get in q2 (p14).
Okay, BMW have been stronger this year, but Kubica is now 10 places better on the starting grid then Heidfeld, and Heidfeld also wasn't really good in practices either
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 11 Oct 2008, 06:26

hannibal_rising wrote:What will Kimi do? to help Felipe or to help ferrari?... If he's behind Hamilton during the last laps, he may loose positions to give some more points to felipe... but, that's not good for Ferrari.
According to what he said on the press conference, seems that he is more interested on giving points to the team...
he will go for Win :)

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

hannibal_rising
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by hannibal_rising » 11 Oct 2008, 06:26

Ali wrote:I guess Ferrari tried some tactic game by sending Kimi lighter than both Massa and Hamilton to snatch the pole or even front row but it unfortunately faded. Even worse than they thoght cause Massa is nowhere near to fight for the lead if weather conditions doesn't decide play a part in the show. It can be another blow for Ferrari strategicly speaking. Massa has to pass Alonso in the first turn otherwise his championship hopes will quickly decrease.

Fuel load prediction = Massa > Kovalainen > Hamilton >= Raikkonen

I don't think they have such a bet about the fuel. On the italian television they interviewed many from ferrari and they were not much happy about Massa. They were expecting more... so, I don't think it's a strategic decision...
And for sure Massa is going to overtake Alonso easily... he has 1,4 km for that... the problem will be Kovalainen. Moreover, if Kimi takes the first place, he won't give it away for felipe...

ScuderiaFan
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ScuderiaFan » 11 Oct 2008, 06:26

it's gonna be tuff start for Massa unless he repeats his rocket start as he did in Hungry .. but still hard .. any way we're gonna wait till the race and see what's going to happend .. hope Massa and kimi will do well tomorrow
Remember this one "A Formula 1 race without Ferrari cars is useless" ScuderiaFan

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by syncmaster » 11 Oct 2008, 06:26

To keep kimmi's chance in championship Hamilton should finish 7 or lower otherwise the world champions hope will be over for this seasons title
Desire has no limits

Ollie
car driver
car driver

Post by Ollie » 11 Oct 2008, 06:31

Got up this morning Naturally at 6:30, was going to watch the Re-Run of the qualifying, must have been some sixth sense, but I can say that I am really happy with what went down.

Raikkonen, yes he had a lighter fuel load but throughout Q2 and most of Q1 he finally showed his superiority, yes this was probably due to his fuel load, but you still have to put the lap in, he has finally for 1 race at least shown Ferrari that he belongs there because he is going to play a massive part in the race tomorrow, for both Ferrari, him and Massa.

Now onto who I support, Hamilton, that final lap was immense and hopefully he can hold out on the Starting Grid tomorrow, I always hate the start of races when your man is on pole position because if he drops just slightly he will have 1-3 cars passing him, if this happens he is right in the clutches of Massa, but still a brilliant qualifying by Hamilton who really shone in the final lap and hopefully that strong 3rd place by Heikki can also prove critical in getting Hamilton his first World Drivers Championship.