2008 Formula 1 SingTel Singapore Grand Prix

Locked

Who will win the 2008 FORMULA 1 Singapore Grand Prix

Lewis Hamilton
24
24%
Felipe Massa
31
32%
Robert Kubica
9
9%
Kimi Räikkönen
11
11%
Nick Heidfeld
1
1%
Heikki Kovalainen
0
No votes
Jarno Trulli
2
2%
Fernando Alonso
17
17%
Mark Webber
0
No votes
Timo Glock
0
No votes
Vettel
3
3%
 
Total votes: 98

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1405
Joined: 03 Jan 2008, 21:04

Re: 2008 Formula 1 SingTel Singapore Grand Prix

Post by Fergie1 » 21 Sep 2008, 21:56

Lightning983 wrote:Well, i like Kovaleinen... because you have to admit, he is a likable guy, always smiling and talking to the press.

But, the results haven't really been coming to him, and looking at the points, he is not only behind his teammate or the ferrari drivers, but behind both BMW drivers. That's not really a good performance as far as i'm concerned.

To be fair all year hes been put on c**p strategy's supporting Hamilton and had a chance of victory in Turkey but got a punctured and stalled in Monaco, crashed in Spain etc. He did have Silverstone to win but everyone has bad races. His are just made to look worse by a inferior strategy and when fuel corrected Kovy usually out-qualifies Hamilton.

User avatar
Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 498
Joined: 30 Jul 2007, 23:32
Location: Sweden

Re: 2008 Formula 1 SingTel Singapore Grand Prix

Post by Suntrek » 21 Sep 2008, 22:32

shail69 wrote:I dont agree that singapore will be as boring as valencia. Well I guess we will have more retirements because of the fact that they are racing in night, that might be good for someone while not so good for others. I honestly think there will be more overtakings in gp. Remember my word


Why? The track circumstances are the same and the "night" c**p is only Bernie's way of saying "you don't understand racing - all you want a specutacular circus and all I want is money".

Please elaborate.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

teahouse27
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 83
Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 04:42

Re: 2008 Formula 1 SingTel Singapore Grand Prix

Post by teahouse27 » 22 Sep 2008, 02:30

i did a complete lap yesterday walking. in city circuit is difficult to overtake, and more yesterday day have started to put plastic kerbs (about 6-8 cm high) in every corner. so basically the radius of the curve its even narrow now. More the track has not constant width some place is very large in other ridiculous narrow curve 10 (slow chicane) and especially 11, 12, and 13 are ridiculously narrow even for formula renault (they should have just let the track follow the real road), so no pass either dry or wet. the last part of the track is exactly like montecarlo, so no way to pass dry or wet. The start straight is to short coming out from a medium speed 3 gear corner. At the end of the straight you will see somebody going out of slipstream, but passing that's a different story, maybe with wet. Corner 1,2 and 3 are just pass through so no overtake. the only real overtake point is going to be at turn 7 (90* corner) after a long wide strait, as the road is very wide and somebody could try to pass under braking even if still behind, possibility of crash there. other corner are all 90* with to short straits. It could be well boring as race, as environment should be very good the lights are very good.

User avatar
JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion
Posts: 11852
Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Location: Tilburg
Contact:

Re: 2008 Formula 1 SingTel Singapore Grand Prix

Post by JoostLamers » 22 Sep 2008, 09:09

teahouse27 wrote:i did a complete lap yesterday walking. in city circuit is difficult to overtake, and more yesterday day have started to put plastic kerbs (about 6-8 cm high) in every corner. so basically the radius of the curve its even narrow now. More the track has not constant width some place is very large in other ridiculous narrow curve 10 (slow chicane) and especially 11, 12, and 13 are ridiculously narrow even for formula renault (they should have just let the track follow the real road), so no pass either dry or wet. the last part of the track is exactly like montecarlo, so no way to pass dry or wet. The start straight is to short coming out from a medium speed 3 gear corner. At the end of the straight you will see somebody going out of slipstream, but passing that's a different story, maybe with wet. Corner 1,2 and 3 are just pass through so no overtake. the only real overtake point is going to be at turn 7 (90* corner) after a long wide strait, as the road is very wide and somebody could try to pass under braking even if still behind, possibility of crash there. other corner are all 90* with to short straits. It could be well boring as race, as environment should be very good the lights are very good.

That's cool!! :p :)
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image

User avatar
JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion
Posts: 11852
Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Location: Tilburg
Contact:

Re: 2008 Formula 1 SingTel Singapore Grand Prix

Post by JoostLamers » 22 Sep 2008, 09:18

Guys guys, have a look at this!!
http://www.f1journaal.be/f1_nieuws.aspx?34_5=3199
It's a video of the circuit, it's on a Belgian site but, the video is English :thumbsup:
Enjoy!
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image

User avatar
f1freak
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 322
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 07:46

Re: 2008 Formula 1 SingTel Singapore Grand Prix

Post by f1freak » 22 Sep 2008, 09:53

Looks like it will be a wet race:

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/b ... k_business

I have played the Singapore track in a game, its fast but higly impossible to overtake.For sure we can expect same action like valencia. A boring race,but the only fun parts will be to see how they conduct the race in night.If it rains it can be a lottery for any team.Lets wait till the friday & saturday practice sessions. As everyone has marked out that qualifying will certainly be very important.

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion
Posts: 189
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 06:32

Re: 2008 Formula 1 SingTel Singapore Grand Prix

Post by Lightning983 » 22 Sep 2008, 12:08

After seeing the video, i now think there is no chance for overtaking whatsoever. That's even worse than Valencia. I mean, its just one corner after another, and if only one optimal line forms on the track, with all the marbles on the side, there will be 0 overtakings.

If there's rain that could change, but still. The track looks nice though.

And i really don't see the pit straight as a chance to overtake, because the 2 corners before it are something like the linked corners in Turkey... and we all know how easy is to follow a car through there :)

User avatar
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend
Posts: 23702
Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 15:50
Location: North Pole
Contact:

Re: 2008 Formula 1 SingTel Singapore Grand Prix

Post by iceman1 » 22 Sep 2008, 12:17

Turn six look like another flat-out kink before the cars turn left onto Nicoll Highway. This bend, turn seven, looks like being the most likely spot for overtaking as the cars should be at their maximum speed at this point.

User avatar
Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 498
Joined: 30 Jul 2007, 23:32
Location: Sweden

Re: 2008 Formula 1 SingTel Singapore Grand Prix

Post by Suntrek » 22 Sep 2008, 12:23

Why not drive around the track ourselves and see how it feels? :p

http://www.visitsingapore.com/racer/

Not a very goodlooking game, but a bit of fun anyway. Most difficult part for me was choosing red or blue car! :)
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

total3d
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 29
Joined: 21 Jul 2008, 09:36

Re: 2008 Formula 1 SingTel Singapore Grand Prix

Post by total3d » 22 Sep 2008, 12:27

weather forecasts predict hot weather, and possible showers.
i cant wait, i leave on wednesday :D

go lewis!!!

User avatar
shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 6531
Joined: 11 May 2008, 09:03
Location: Classified

Re: 2008 Formula 1 SingTel Singapore Grand Prix

Post by shailf1 » 22 Sep 2008, 13:23

Suntrek wrote:Why not drive around the track ourselves and see how it feels? :p

http://www.visitsingapore.com/racer/

Not a very goodlooking game, but a bit of fun anyway. Most difficult part for me was choosing red or blue car! :)

the game was ok but i took 2 min to complete while the fastest was 58 sec. Well and it is a ridiculous amount of loading time for that small game.

User avatar
syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1506
Joined: 05 Apr 2008, 09:57

Re: 2008 Formula 1 SingTel Singapore Grand Prix

Post by syncmaster » 22 Sep 2008, 14:25

Thanks for the game
Desire has no limits
Image
Image

User avatar
megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5873
Joined: 10 Apr 2007, 18:30
Location: Pasig City, Metro Manila PH

Re: 2008 Formula 1 SingTel Singapore Grand Prix

Post by megasyxx » 22 Sep 2008, 16:39

phil1993 wrote:Accroding to F1 Racing:
Weather Data for Singapore Sep 25-28
Year Rainfall
2007 - 67.5mm
2006 - 6.9mm
2005 - 4.3mm
2004 - 17.8mm
2003 - 54.9mm
2002 - 42.9mm
2001 - 4.6mm
2000 - 5.1mm
1999 - 10.9mm
1998 - 21.1mm


man, 2007 rainfall data - that's a very big jump from the last 3 years. i hope it would rain that much starting race time! (red flag for sure :) )
Image

User avatar
JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion
Posts: 11852
Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Location: Tilburg
Contact:

Re: 2008 Formula 1 SingTel Singapore Grand Prix

Post by JoostLamers » 22 Sep 2008, 17:09

megasyxx wrote:
phil1993 wrote:Accroding to F1 Racing:
Weather Data for Singapore Sep 25-28
Year Rainfall
2007 - 67.5mm
2006 - 6.9mm
2005 - 4.3mm
2004 - 17.8mm
2003 - 54.9mm
2002 - 42.9mm
2001 - 4.6mm
2000 - 5.1mm
1999 - 10.9mm
1998 - 21.1mm


man, 2007 rainfall data - that's a very big jump from the last 3 years. i hope it would rain that much starting race time! (red flag for sure :) )


Maybe Vettel will go for the hattrick if he reads the weather forecast, hoping Fuji will be wet 2 :p
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image

User avatar
JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion
Posts: 11852
Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Location: Tilburg
Contact:

Re: 2008 Formula 1 SingTel Singapore Grand Prix

Post by JoostLamers » 22 Sep 2008, 17:15

You guys know that this will be the 800th GP..? I'm reading it now from a Dutch website.
The 100th was won by Stirling Moss (1961)
The 200th was won by Jackie Stewart (1971)
The 300th was won by Ronnie Petterson (1978)
The 400th was won by Niki Lauda (1984)
The 500th was won by Nelson Piquet (1990)
The 600th was won by Jacques Villeneuve (1997)
The 700th was won by Giancarlo Fisichella (2003)
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image

Locked