Mitsuro Sano
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: 2008 Formula 1 SingTel Singapore Grand Prix

Post by Mitsuro Sano » 29 Sep 2008, 21:01

Zack wrote:
Ali wrote:
lealjaime wrote:
joostlamers wrote:Yeah!! Hamilton!! Yeah!!
Dutch commentator after Massa spun just before Sutil crashed there: "Once again, you can see hear, that Massa can't drive." :) :D
What a silly mistake from Massa!! Albers style!! And Albers got punnished real harder, but hey, he was not driving in a Ferrari...
And the wallman proved his new nickname again :p Ferrari: 0 points!! :thumbsup:

silly mistake from massa when ????

after he saw green light in pits ??? thats a pit crew mistake, after that he push very hard to get something

in the other hand hamilton coundnt overtake dc over 20 laps with a 2 secs fast car what a driver!!!!

hamilton just did a regular race wasnt the fastest driver or something... thats good for his chances to get championship
No mate, he meant the spin but don't even try to convince him. He's not that kind of an objective person to comment on races. It's just Hamilton-mania, nothing more.

Massa did everything perfect in this weekend. It's a shame he couldn't win it. I'm really sorry for him. He lost two wins including Hungary, which would cost him the WDC.
Nice post Ali :)
maltafan wrote:
phil1993 wrote:Just thinking, as KR retired at the end, and although only 14 drivers crossed the line - 15 are classified, so in the prediction competition does this count as 14 or 15 finishers?
although he is classified he did not finish the race. Usually, those drivers who finish 6 laps from the end are classified.
iirc rule is if driver completes 90%(?) of the race then he is classified.
Mitsuro Sano wrote:I think it's lap 29 when he comes to the pit for the last time, Kubica overtook him 1 lap before and Massa couldn't follow him!
RACE FACTS AND INCIDENTS BULLETIN – Sunday, September 28, 2008

Lap 1: On pole for the fifth time this season – and the 14th in his Formula One career – Felipe Massa
makes a clean start to lead Lewis Hamilton and Kimi Räikkönen into Turn One. Heikki Kovalainen
briefly gets ahead of Robert Kubica for fourth but the two touch at Turn Three and the Pole reasserts
himself. Sebastian Vettel and Timo Glock then pass Kovalainen to take fifth and sixth. Nick Heidfeld
runs eighth ahead of Jarno Trulli, Nico Rosberg, Kazuki Nakajima, Fernando Alonso, Mark Webber,
Jenson Button, David Coulthard, Sébastien Bourdais, Rubens Barrichello, Nelson Piquet, Adrian Sutil
and Giancarlo Fisichella (who starts from the pits following some unscheduled set-up changes). Massa
leads by 1.2s.
Lap 2: Massa laps in 1m47.658s, Hamilton in 1m47.656s. The gap remains 1.2s.
Lap 3: Massa leads by 1.7s.
Lap 4: Rosberg briefly passes Trulli at Turn One but runs wide and drops back again.
Lap 5: The leader’s advantage grows to 2.0s.
Lap 6: Massa laps in 1m46.342s. He leads by 2.6s.
Lap 7: Rosberg passes Trulli for ninth.
Lap 8: Nakajima passes Trulli.
Lap 9: Fastest lap to Räikkönen: 1m46.115s. Alonso passes Trulli.
Lap 10: Massa leads by 3.3s. Räikkönen posts a 1m46.105s to trail Hamilton by 3.9s.
Lap 11: Räikkönen laps in 1m45.764s.
Lap 12: Alonso makes the race’s first scheduled stop.
Lap 13: Massa laps in 1m45.757s. He leads by 4.5s. Bourdais spins at Turn 18 and drops to 18th.
Lap 14: Räikkönen laps in 1m45.599s. He is 2.2 s behind Hamilton. Piquet crashes heavily at Turn 17.
Webber, Coulthard and Barrichello pit.
Lap 15: Safety Car deployed. Rosberg pits. Barrichello stops on the circuit.
Lap 16: Kubica pits.
Lap 17: Pit lane opens. Massa, Hamilton, Vettel, Glock, Räikkönen, Kovalainen, Heidfeld, Nakajima,
Button and Sutil pit. Räikkönen is behind Massa who leaves prematurely. The Brazilian knocks down a
member of his crew and rejoins with his fuel rig still attached. He eventually leaves the pits again.
Lap 18: Behind the Safety Car Rosberg leads from Trulli, Fisichella, Kubica, Alonso, Webber, Bourdais
(who pits), Coulthard, Hamilton, Vettel, Glock, Heidfeld, Nakajima, Button, Kovalainen, Sutil, Räikkönen
and Massa.
Page 2 of 2
Lap 20: Restart. Rosberg immediately pulls clear of Trulli to lead by 2.8s. Glock passes Vettel.
Räikkönen passes Sutil. Massa runs slightly wide over the kerbs at Turn 23.
Lap 21: Rosberg leads by 5.1s.
Lap 22: Rosberg leads by 6.9s. Rosberg and Kubica are under investigation. Massa passes Bourdais.
Lap 24: Massa serves a drive-through penalty for unsafe release from the pits.
Lap 26: Rosberg leads by 12.2s but must serve a 10s stop-go penalty for having refuelled before the
pit lane opened. Kubica receives the same penalty.
Lap 27: Kubica comes in for his penalty. Rosberg runs wide at Turn 14.
Lap 28: Rosberg pits. Trulli leads. Webber runs wide at Turn One and drops to 14th.
Lap 29: Trulli leads by 11.9s from Alonso and Rosberg. Fisichella pits, as does Webber. The latter
retires.
Lap 31: Kubica passes Massa who pits at the end of the lap. (puncture)
Lap 32: Trulli leads by 10.8s.
Lap 33: Trulli pits and drops to eighth. Alonso leads Rosberg by 4.3s. Kubica and Bourdais pit, too.
Lap 34: Kovalainen pits.
Lap 35: Alonso extends his lead to 5.6s. Button pits.
Lap 37: Alonso sets a personal best: 1m46.020s. Rosberg is 7.0s behind. Massa runs wide at Turn
One.
Lap 38: Nakajima passes Trulli for eighth.
Lap 39: Räikkönen passes Trulli. Sutil pits.
Lap 40: Alonso laps in 1m45.843s. Rosberg pits and drops to seventh.
Lap 41: Alonso pits. He rejoins without losing the lead.
Lap 42: Hamilton passes Coulthard. Both pit at the lap’s end. Coulthard is delayed as one of his crew
members slips over. Nakajima pits.
Lap 43: Alonso leads Glock by 4.8s. Vettel and Heidfeld pit. Hamilton lies seventh, behind Räikkönen.
Lap 44: Räikkönen runs wide at Turn Two.
Lap 45: Alonso leads from Glock, Rosberg, Räikkönen, Hamilton and Trulli. Kubica passes Fisichella.
Lap 46: Glock pits and drops to fifth. Massa runs wide at the first turn.
Lap 50: Räikkönen pits and slips to fifth. Trulli slows to a crawl and retires at the end of the lap. Massa
spins at Turn 18 and rejoins just before Sutil crashes at the same spot. Safety Car deployed.
Lap 54: Restart. Alonso leads Rosberg by 3.7s.
Lap 58: Räikkönen crashes at Turn 10.
Lap 61: Alonso wins by 2.9s from Rosberg, Hamilton, Glock, Vettel, Heidfeld, Coulthard and Nakajima.
It is the Spaniard’s first Formula One success since Monza 2007.
Yeah my mistake! Thanks zack :)

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 29 Sep 2008, 22:07

joostlamers wrote:@ lighting,
Massa is only winning when his car is perfect. Not when there is rain or SC, or other situations in a race. Hamilton didn't have to take any risk, after Ferrari made a huge mistake at the pitstop. Besides that, Massa showed us once again that he can't drive, he just drove into the barriers :p When there was nothing going on :thumbsup:
I don't get what you're saying, so he has to see the future too? Like Alonso did? SC period rules are bull c**p as they are now, and what do we get thanx to them? a fake finishing order... You can't say someone "knows how to drive in the SC periods" because that comes down to luck.

I don't know how much you know about my preferences of drivers, but i can tell you i don't like either of Ferrari's current drivers... not one bit, but when someone starts to talk c**p about a driver that doesn't really deserve it, i need to step up a bit.

Can you tell me for a second how YOU would feel if something like that happened to you? (including the penalty), would you feel motivated to race from last position? I myself would probably park the car in the pitlane and told everyone to go have intercourse with themselves :D

I don't rate Massa highly as a driver, but when starting from pole position, and on a dry track, chances are Hamilton will never be as quick as him. Simply because of his driving style.

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 30 Sep 2008, 08:41

Massa had absolutely zero chance of making up enough places, so he went on half-mode, Kubica overtook him and Massa was two places behind Kubica in the end, + 1 puncture. But nobody is saying that Kubica can't drive.

Yes Massa spun when distracted by the Toyota, but does that mean he can't drive? No. I daresay he was as frustrated as hell by the pitlane release, none of which was his fault, and the whole Grand Prix just became a depressing test session. I would have parked it and had a tiff. Hamilton's quali performance in Monza was lacklustre, and Alonso spun twice at Hock', but does that mean they can't drive?? No. Rather the opposite, it highlights their star-quality, because they don't often do stuff like that. As for this year, all of the title runners have made mistakes.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by syncmaster » 30 Sep 2008, 10:20

TwistedArmco wrote:Massa had absolutely zero chance of making up enough places, so he went on half-mode, Kubica overtook him and Massa was two places behind Kubica in the end, + 1 puncture. But nobody is saying that Kubica can't drive.

Yes Massa spun when distracted by the Toyota, but does that mean he can't drive? No. I daresay he was as frustrated as hell by the pitlane release, none of which was his fault, and the whole Grand Prix just became a depressing test session. I would have parked it and had a tiff. Hamilton's quali performance in Monza was lacklustre, and Alonso spun twice at Hock', but does that mean they can't drive?? No. Rather the opposite, it highlights their star-quality, because they don't often do stuff like that. As for this year, all of the title runners have made mistakes.
+1
Desire has no limits

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 30 Sep 2008, 11:09

Lap chart ^

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 30 Sep 2008, 11:22

Thanks TA :thumbsup:

PS. The pitstop incident was absolutely NOT Massa's mistake, just didn't know it at the time I posted that post. But his spin was really.. silly, no other words. And he was very lucky to continue his car: 1 not damaging his car that bad, and 2: Sutil just missed him!
And the penalty Massa got was really deserved, but why didn't he get the same penalty in Valencia??? Because Hamilton would have won?? He got the penalty for an exact the same situation as in Valencia, but in Spain he didn't get it! Ridiculous!!
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 30 Sep 2008, 12:12

joostlamers wrote:Thanks TA :thumbsup:

PS. The pitstop incident was absolutely NOT Massa's mistake, just didn't know it at the time I posted that post. But his spin was really.. silly, no other words. And he was very lucky to continue his car: 1 not damaging his car that bad, and 2: Sutil just missed him!
And the penalty Massa got was really deserved, but why didn't he get the same penalty in Valencia??? Because Hamilton would have won?? He got the penalty for an exact the same situation as in Valencia, but in Spain he didn't get it! Ridiculous!!
Well, I would contest that last bit. Steve Ryder and Mark Blundell did the whole conspiratorial "weren't they both the same" thing. But the two are slightly different.

1) Valencia - Massa is released side-by-side with Adrian Sutil. Perhaps anyone on the right(like the cameraman) could have been considered to be in danger, but Massa didn't slow Sutil up - Sutil just gave him the room and carried on. Danger = a fine.

2) Singapore - Massa was released in front of Sutil, very close to him, causing Sutil to stand on the brakes, almost causing a collision. 100% not Massa's fault, but it slowed down and disadvantaged another competitor. Danger + Disadvantage = a drive through.
(although I reckon he should be fined as well, if he wasn't. After all, one punishment should not negate the other.)

Yeah, his spin was silly. He was car-watching the Toyota. God though, Sutil must really hate Ferraris.

ASFE
kart driver
kart driver

Post by ASFE » 30 Sep 2008, 12:32

amazing race with an amazing winner!!!

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 30 Sep 2008, 17:43

I thought Massa's Singapore penalty was due to him leaving with the fuel rig still attached to his car and then all the danger that it could cause.
[u][url=http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/080930182402.shtml]http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/080930182402.shtml[/url][/u] wrote: Hamilton hoped for title patriotism

Lewis Hamilton hoped patriotism would help him stretch out even more of a championship lead in Sunday's Singapore Grand Prix.

The McLaren driver finished third in F1's first ever night race, extending his lead over title rival Felipe Massa to a solid seven points.

But Hamilton rued getting 'stuck behind' his British compatriot David Coulthard, a Scot who drives for Red Bull.

"I hoped my fellow Brit might help me out, but he was in the points and wanted a good result," he told The Times.
Well, it surely would be nice if everyone gave you way and let you win easily, but you know, you're supposed to be racing there. :O

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 30 Sep 2008, 17:55

AzShadow wrote:
Well, it surely would be nice if everyone gave you way and let you win easily, but you know, you're supposed to be racing there. :O
Man, it is disgusting to say. What would Hamilton think if Heikki let Kimi to win the races then? Jeez, no Hamilton, no mate, it would be a disgrace. Oh god, he shouldn't have even thought of it.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 30 Sep 2008, 18:00

It’s clear from looking at this chart Ferrari had a good chance of scoring a one-two before the first safety car period, unless Hamilton was very heavy with fuel.

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 30 Sep 2008, 18:06

I think that quote from Hamilton was taken out of context.I think he was making an unfunny jokey remark rather than being serious.No driver would be stupid enough to think or say that.

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by syncmaster » 30 Sep 2008, 19:04

After Singapore race Heikki Kovalainen is out of contention of championship.Nick,Robert and kimmi still have hopes and among the three the two BMW drivers will never become champion even in their dreams,For Kimmi he need a miracle to win the championship.After japan Nick may be well and truly out of contention and Robert may end his hope after china but Robert well and truly challenge kimmi for third after seeing the current standings.Massa needs to finish on a strong scoring position with hamilton 1 or 2 place back to massa so that massa can win the championship.Hamilton needs to finish just one position ahead of massa and then championship is his
Desire has no limits

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 30 Sep 2008, 19:20

Ali wrote:
AzShadow wrote:
Man, it is disgusting to say. What would Hamilton think if Heikki let Kimi to win the races then? Jeez, no Hamilton, no mate, it would be a disgrace. Oh god, he shouldn't have even thought of it.
:blink: what in the hell is he thinking?

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 30 Sep 2008, 19:41

megasyxx wrote:
Ali wrote:
AzShadow wrote:
:blink: what in the hell is he thinking?
I know why hammy didn't try to overtake... we all saw how trying to overtake dc ended this year several times... :n
but no for real thats just unrealistic, everybody is there to race, hamilton should be able to understand that?