Post by JoostLamers » 29 Sep 2008, 17:13

Good one Phil :thumbsup:
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

scermat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: 2008 Formula 1 SingTel Singapore Grand Prix

Post by scermat » 29 Sep 2008, 17:43

missed the boring bits of this race but from what i've seen it was a well deserved win to Alonso. he had been fast all weekend. Rosberg kicked some serious butt out there as well. Hamilton drove with his head for a change and i couldn't help but feel sorry for Massa. the penalty really was there to rub salt in the wound but its not the first time his pit crew let him out in path of others this season. as for heikki yet another meh race. kimi? even worse. this season my just top 2004 as his worst season ever imo. at least there he could blame the car. now its just him. failing.

i think the pit light system is being given a lot of stick for nothing. if anything it prevented someone getting seriously injured. these things happened before and will happen again. its just human error. whether the lollipop man is holding a pole or pressing a button is irrelevant.

all in all a decent GP. but i had better things to do and missing 80% of an F1 weekend for the first time since i've been following the sport didnt feel so bad afterall.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 29 Sep 2008, 17:56

@phil1993
Text plz :p

Wrong ratings for nelson ...he spun in warm up lap too ... how about -1 :E

TBH .. Trulli 9/10
also Kubica 8/10 ..your 4/10 is unjustified.
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 29 Sep 2008, 18:02

Fergie1 wrote:To be honest, Massa is a great driver but he has ridiculous days like Silverstone quite often whereas Hamilton and Kubica don't. True consistency is what it takes and no one has really been consistent this year.
As you said, nobody's been consistent this year so I don't see how Massa has had any more ridiculous days than anybody else. And Hamilton has messed up just as badly as him if not even worse.

In those terms I don't understand how anybody could say that Massa isn't champion material or that he wouldn't deserve it. He's the fastest guy at the moment and really determined. Neither Massa nor Hamilton have really outshined everyone else throughout this season so both of them would be just as deserving. The one with most points after the last race is the champion anyway so it doesn't matter what people would think about it. If somebody becomes a champ, he's got to have done something right.

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 29 Sep 2008, 18:03

ScuderiaFan wrote: weather Ferrari made a lot of mistakes or not .. we shall stand for our red team and support them till the last lap pf Brazilian GP .. been a fan of Ferrari since 1996 we've shared a lot of joy and sadness moment and always look forward to future and try to fix our faults .. That's the true spirit of Tifosi .. go red all time
Well i'm not of the same opinion... if you can't be critical of the team then you're a blind fan. I will never say i'm a fan of someone despite everything. I live and breathe Ferrari since the late 80's, and i have always criticized them when they deserved it. Just like everyone else in Italy.. they get buried every time they make a mistake, BUT everyone is still cheering for them.
And its really... curious you mention '96, because i haven't seen this amount of mistakes from the team since that year.
That exact year was full of mistakes in the pits, and car failures (a lot of those)...

I agree with you, Ferrari forever, but you have to be critical of them when they make mistakes, AND continue supporting them. At least that's my opinion.
joostlamers wrote:Has Massa everthing to be a world champion?? :huh:
Come on Zack, he can't drive. Point. He just doesn't drive like a world champion, Hamilton does.
Really? Can you point one special thing that hamilton did in this race? i mean except having a regular pitstop, and being stuck behind Coultard's 2 second a lap slower car?
How come? i mean isn't he the "ultimate overtaker" currently in F1?

According to what does he "deserve" to be a champion compared to Massa? maybe because if his "oh gosh, the light was red there? didn't see it, sorry Kimi" moment?

Maybe because if his superior driving in the wet qually of Monza? For every bad driving of Massa you list here, all of us can list an equally bad drive by Lewis.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 29 Sep 2008, 18:08

Zack wrote:@phil1993
Text plz :p
:huh:
Zack wrote:Wrong ratings for nelson ...he spun in warm up lap too ... how about -1 :E
ITV didn't show that spin - maybe -1/10 was right then :p
Zack wrote:TBH .. Trulli 9/10
also Kubica 8/10 ..your 4/10 is unjustified
Trulli did a stunning job yes, 7/10 is a worthy rating
Kubica 4/10 because although he did good, he never fought back from his penalty like i would have expected him to. Yes he tried unlike Massa, but still, he should've done better.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 29 Sep 2008, 18:17

@ lighting,
Massa is only winning when his car is perfect. Not when there is rain or SC, or other situations in a race. Hamilton didn't have to take any risk, after Ferrari made a huge mistake at the pitstop. Besides that, Massa showed us once again that he can't drive, he just drove into the barriers :p When there was nothing going on :thumbsup:
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 29 Sep 2008, 18:20

The thing with Massa is he likes to dominate races, not a bad thing, but he never fights back like Alonso, Hamilton or Raikkonen

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 29 Sep 2008, 18:29

Watch silverstone 2007 :) .. now thats was one off LOLz ..
Hamilton fought back in Monza but take look at few races before :p

..err this is ping pong!
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 29 Sep 2008, 18:31

Nah, Ping Pong , well Table tennis is far more interesting, exciting and less pointless :p

scermat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by scermat » 29 Sep 2008, 18:44

like what exactly? Spa? Turkey? Hockenheim? or maybe Silverstone? to my knowledge he was only one of 2 or 3 to make a proper overtaking manouver yesterday. yeah he took his time, and yeah he could've done better... but isnt that what he was criticised for last year? meh.

i do agree that both deserve the championship. but i disagree that Massa is as good at getting back from a low position as much as Lewis/Kimi/Alonso. Massa's good when he needs to keep it on the road and do no mistake. when just one small thing goes wrong he looses it right away though. that's unlike kimi, alonso and lewis... of course this doesnt mean he wouldn't make a worthy champion. as long as he wins it on the track he's more than worthy of it.

and while Massa's getting lots of stick for supposedly "being unable to drive" i know think he's lightyears better than Kimi. never thought i'd say this but he just lost it. dunno what the hell he's waiting for.

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 29 Sep 2008, 19:26

Massa is good at fighting back from low positions. For example Silverstone 07 and Canada this year, where he overtook 2 people at the hairpin.

In 07 he was the person who pulled off the most overtaking manouvres and was only overtaken himself about twice.

As for this race, deserved for Fernando. It is ironic that he won because of his fuel problem in qualy, but he deserves the win after so much bad luck this year.

Ferrari should scrap the crappy lights system now, a lollipop would have never caused that problem (I know what Albers did last year, but that was the driver's error not the mechanic's) and Kimi was pants again hitting the wall at the end.

I laughed when Rubens tried to throw his gloves in the crowd and ended up throwing them in the sea, classic Rubens, what a legend :)

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 29 Sep 2008, 19:38

there were probably some singaporeans in the sea searching for them gloves :p

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 29 Sep 2008, 20:17

dont forget australia 07 he started from 22ndand did well to finish 6th.
One thing to mention that massa is an agressive driver, he likes to go light and then grab pole and lead the pack, that is his driving style while the others like alonso, hamilton and specially kimi like to go a little bit more before their first stop.

Mitsuro Sano
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Mitsuro Sano » 29 Sep 2008, 20:47

Lightning983 wrote:
joostlamers wrote:Has Massa everthing to be a world champion?? :huh:
Come on Zack, he can't drive. Point. He just doesn't drive like a world champion, Hamilton does.
Really? Can you point one special thing that hamilton did in this race? i mean except having a regular pitstop, and being stuck behind Coultard's 2 second a lap slower car?
How come? i mean isn't he the "ultimate overtaker" currently in F1?

According to what does he "deserve" to be a champion compared to Massa? maybe because if his "oh gosh, the light was red there? didn't see it, sorry Kimi" moment?

Maybe because if his superior driving in the wet qually of Monza? For every bad driving of Massa you list here, all of us can list an equally bad drive by Lewis.
That's why it's a nice battle between Hamilton and Massa for the championship :n
Both Massa and Hamilton has great driving ,Massa when he leads a GP, he is unbeatable and Hamilton .....is quick and both has a very bad day, spinning day at Silverstone for Massa, Red light day at Montreal for Massa ( btw very bad day for Raikkonen ). Those drivers are young, they make mistakes, that's why in my opinion they are not at the level of Hakkinen and Schumacher!