Post by JoostLamers » 24 Sep 2008, 08:32

<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Re: 2008 Formula 1 SingTel Singapore Grand Prix

Post by Lightning983 » 24 Sep 2008, 08:36

sostos wrote:Singapore tonight...
Hmm... looks like they are trying a bit too hard to make sure no one cuts the chicane there :cool:

Haukinen
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Haukinen » 24 Sep 2008, 12:16

I guess that Kimi and Heikki have a little advantage. At December, there's 24h darkness here :)
Vijay (Mallya) has lived in Singapore and he says, that there rains all the time...

BTW: Awesome taxis tho:

"F1 won't change me" -Jenson Button, just weeks before dumping his girlfriend of five years and buying a Ferrari

Arrows_F1
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Arrows_F1 » 24 Sep 2008, 12:22

Weekend weather update - thunderstorms possible in Singapore
Formula1.com wrote:Welcome to Round 15 of the 2008 FIA Formula One World Championship, the inaugural Singapore Grand Prix and the history-making first-ever night race.

Heat and humidity are to be expected in the region, and ambient temperature highs of 32 degrees Celsius are forecast on each day. There is, however, a risk of thunderstorms in the area at the same time.

The race will run over 61 laps of the 5.067 kilometre (3.15 mile) circuit, or 309.087 kms (192.066 miles). It starts at 2000 hours local time, which is eight hours ahead of GMT.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 24 Sep 2008, 14:13

The stewards say that the race can be postponed, due to the weather...
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 24 Sep 2008, 14:58

Arrows_F1 wrote:Weekend weather update - thunderstorms possible in Singapore
Formula1.com wrote:Welcome to Round 15 of the 2008 FIA Formula One World Championship, the inaugural Singapore Grand Prix and the history-making first-ever night race.

Heat and humidity are to be expected in the region, and ambient temperature highs of 32 degrees Celsius are forecast on each day. There is, however, a risk of thunderstorms in the area at the same time.

The race will run over 61 laps of the 5.067 kilometre (3.15 mile) circuit, or 309.087 kms (192.066 miles). It starts at 2000 hours local time, which is eight hours ahead of GMT.
GET IN!!! :)

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 24 Sep 2008, 16:51

Am I in the minority in wanting a dry race? I want to see an even run in to the season,and also another wet race would be too much of a good thing.Wehn you get days off school because of snow,your happy because its a day off and its a very rare occurence.Too many wet races and the novelty will wear off.

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 24 Sep 2008, 16:52

Ya, i hope it stays dry, but rain in quali is always welcomed

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 24 Sep 2008, 16:56

yeah, i wanna dry race because in the wet itll be dangerous and may not run and a freak shower will just make it a lottery and still dangerous. I hope Practice will be dry and maybe wet, because then if its wet we get a good indication of what "night (four times the brightness of a Premier League floodlighted pitch) +rain =

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 24 Sep 2008, 21:11

After looking at the pics on f1.com as well, the track has definte potential for accidents at least. Some corners are very tight on the exit and there looks a interesting section where (the only way I can describe it) is its like a very short straight with 2 triangular curbs either side of the track which could possibly if hit wrong throw the car wide.

http://www.formula1.com/gallery/race/2008/801/

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 24 Sep 2008, 22:15

swca92 wrote:Am I in the minority in wanting a dry race? I want to see an even run in to the season,and also another wet race would be too much of a good thing.Wehn you get days off school because of snow,your happy because its a day off and its a very rare occurence.Too many wet races and the novelty will wear off.
I'd like to see a wet farce, strange as it sounds. One that comes up with a shock winner, but maybe isn't a good race, as such. Fuji 2007 was a bit extreme to me, which is why I would rate, say Belgium 2008 or Monaco 2008 higher, because they were proper wet races - there was excitement, overtaking, and shock, but a load of crazy stuff didn't happen. At turn 1 of Fuji, I think Nick Heidfeld Alex Wurz and Felipe Massa all had an accident together on the straight, immediately after the SC pulled in. On the run up to the first turn. With no serious steering having yet been done. That was crazy.

Therefore, a crazy race, red-flagged or farcical, would not necessarily be the most entertaining race (although Fuji was), but certainly a memorable one, which would defeat the problem of too many good wet races in a row.. Follow me? :) Probably no-one else wants a farce. But I'd love to see Nick or Seb (V) or JT or even Naka pull off a surprise win.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

teahouse27
kart driver
kart driver

Post by teahouse27 » 25 Sep 2008, 03:12

Last night Singapore track was much busier than 2 days ago, no busier in sense of more people, but the activities from the team has increase. Ferrari and Bmw are actually working on normal singapore time (at 6pm they were already out of the track), rather than all the other team are working on european time (meaning they finish at the track around 2 or 3 am), lots of team did inspection of the track. which is completed, but very dirty. Friday timing will not relevant at all (maybe only last part of second session), so dirty is the track. I joint for 2 inspection lap renault team and red bull. they agree that if no rain overtake is difficult. More i met Jenson on pitlane, which i exchange few word. he is hoping in rain. Regarding this today here there is no sign of rain, is sunny and hot at the moment, but basically means nothing it can change so fast here. Sunday there was rain and sun about 4 time (UNPREDICTABLE). More Alonso, Coulthard, Webber, and many other did lap on the track walking, running or cycling. Who didn't KIMI, Felipe, Lewis, Heikki. They are expected to do it today.

P.s: For the administartor, is it possible to post some picture? if yes, How? < THANKS >

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 25 Sep 2008, 05:10

teahouse27 wrote:P.s: For the administartor, is it possible to post some picture? if yes, How? < THANKS >
Yes, Use any free image hosting service (http://photobucket.com/ , http://imageshack.us , http://www.largeimagehost.com/ ..etc) and also you can write GP review/experience in http://www.f1zone.net/viewforum.php?f=100 :O

Btw, thanks for the information :D
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 25 Sep 2008, 06:53

teahouse27 wrote:Last night Singapore track was much busier than 2 days ago, no busier in sense of more people, but the activities from the team has increase. Ferrari and Bmw are actually working on normal singapore time (at 6pm they were already out of the track), rather than all the other team are working on european time (meaning they finish at the track around 2 or 3 am), lots of team did inspection of the track. which is completed, but very dirty. Friday timing will not relevant at all (maybe only last part of second session), so dirty is the track. I joint for 2 inspection lap renault team and red bull. they agree that if no rain overtake is difficult. More i met Jenson on pitlane, which i exchange few word. he is hoping in rain. Regarding this today here there is no sign of rain, is sunny and hot at the moment, but basically means nothing it can change so fast here. Sunday there was rain and sun about 4 time (UNPREDICTABLE). More Alonso, Coulthard, Webber, and many other did lap on the track walking, running or cycling. Who didn't KIMI, Felipe, Lewis, Heikki. They are expected to do it today.

P.s: For the administartor, is it possible to post some picture? if yes, How? < THANKS >
do you work in there or are you just a spectator. and are the spectators allowed to talk to the drivers.
sorry if i am sounding rude!

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by syncmaster » 25 Sep 2008, 09:16

shail69 wrote:
teahouse27 wrote:Last night Singapore track was much busier than 2 days ago, no busier in sense of more people, but the activities from the team has increase. Ferrari and Bmw are actually working on normal singapore time (at 6pm they were already out of the track), rather than all the other team are working on european time (meaning they finish at the track around 2 or 3 am), lots of team did inspection of the track. which is completed, but very dirty. Friday timing will not relevant at all (maybe only last part of second session), so dirty is the track. I joint for 2 inspection lap renault team and red bull. they agree that if no rain overtake is difficult. More i met Jenson on pitlane, which i exchange few word. he is hoping in rain. Regarding this today here there is no sign of rain, is sunny and hot at the moment, but basically means nothing it can change so fast here. Sunday there was rain and sun about 4 time (UNPREDICTABLE). More Alonso, Coulthard, Webber, and many other did lap on the track walking, running or cycling. Who didn't KIMI, Felipe, Lewis, Heikki. They are expected to do it today.

do you work in there or are you just a spectator. and are the spectators allowed to talk to the drivers.
sorry if i am sounding rude!
teahouse27 might have fortunately met the driver
Desire has no limits