2008 FORMULA 1 79° GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA

Locked

Who will win the 2008 FORMULA 1 Italian Grand Prix ?

Poll ended at 14 Sep 2008, 15:30

Lewis Hamilton
23
28%
Felipe Massa
31
37%
Robert Kubica
11
13%
Kimi Räikkönen
12
14%
Nick Heidfeld
1
1%
Heikki Kovalainen
3
4%
Jarno Trulli
0
No votes
Fernando Alonso
2
2%
Mark Webber
0
No votes
Timo Glock
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 83

User avatar
Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 498
Joined: 30 Jul 2007, 23:32
Location: Sweden

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 79° GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA

Post by Suntrek » 11 Sep 2008, 21:07

TwistedArmco wrote:
iceman1 wrote:
TwistedArmco wrote:Ok, then, I still predict a surprise winner. I'll stick with Kovalainen.

or Maybe Alonso :p ?


If I predict an Alonso win, it just won't happen, mate. So I don't. But of course I secretly hope. :pray: and pray..


I did!

Well I was tired and just gave in to wishful thinking. :p

Truth is that Renault probably is going to suck big time - not even the normal optimists like Pat S predict that Renault is going to do especially well in Monza. But with a bit of rain and a bit of luck (or rather heaps of luck) even pigs - or Renaults - might fly....perhaps... :pray:
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

User avatar
swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2441
Joined: 26 Jan 2008, 21:24
Location: Enfield, London

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 79° GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA

Post by swca92 » 11 Sep 2008, 21:10

Well as Renault have possibly the worst engine in F1 on the fastest track this year they better get on their hands and knees and do some sort of rain dance.

User avatar
TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2010
Joined: 30 May 2008, 18:44

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 79° GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA

Post by TwistedArmco » 11 Sep 2008, 21:16

swca92 wrote:Well as Renault have possibly the worst engine in F1 on the fastest track this year they better get on their hands and knees and do some sort of rain dance.


Oh, don't worry, me and Suntrek will no doubt be rain-dancing all Sunday morning. As for worst engine, Spa isn't exactly a slow circuit, is it? And look what 'Nando did there. Secondly, he's on his first use of this engine. It's not exactly looking peachy, but not looking massively bad either. Renault seemed to have solved their inherent handling and traction problems, to an extent.

But still, Kovy ftw!!
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

User avatar
shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 6531
Joined: 11 May 2008, 09:03
Location: Classified

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 79° GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA

Post by shailf1 » 11 Sep 2008, 21:19

well ferrari engine looks promising for speed rather than reliability. Sutil was actually one of the fastest in the speed traps in radillion in spa.

User avatar
swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2441
Joined: 26 Jan 2008, 21:24
Location: Enfield, London

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 79° GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA

Post by swca92 » 11 Sep 2008, 21:26

http://www.uksmallbusinessdirectory.co. ... dance.html

Ignore the Cricket stuff on this site,but do follow the instructions on,er, "How to do a raindance"

User avatar
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend
Posts: 23702
Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 15:50
Location: North Pole
Contact:

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 79° GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA

Post by iceman1 » 11 Sep 2008, 21:34

weather :

Friday:
Image
So according to this: no rain or light rain in the first FP, but rain and possible T-storm in the second practice

Saturday:
Image
As you can see, saturday is predicted to be a very wet day with also likely thunderstorms. This could get interesting.

And then the most important for almost everybody, sunday:
Image
rain is likely to hit the track during the race.

User avatar
TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2010
Joined: 30 May 2008, 18:44

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 79° GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA

Post by TwistedArmco » 11 Sep 2008, 21:44

swca92 wrote:http://www.uksmallbusinessdirectory.co.uk/Uksbdchristmas/raindance.html

Ignore the Cricket stuff on this site,but do follow the instructions on,er, "How to do a raindance"


Cheers, mate, I'll definitely stamp around in a circle, chanting in a strange foreign language ("Ich will Regenschauer nach Monza!!"). I would also urge any Italian members of this forum to get their lawnmowers out on Sunday, at about 12:45 time..
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

User avatar
jagevall
car driver
car driver
Posts: 18
Joined: 20 Jul 2008, 01:23
Location: Halmstad, Sweden

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 79° GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA

Post by jagevall » 11 Sep 2008, 22:12

Massa will win and take pole if its dry. But sadly the weather dosent look that great. So I think Hamilton will win the race if it's raining....Kimi, well you never know what he will do, he can crash but also win the race.

Just wanna send a thought to Ronnie Peterson, 30 years ago he past away. RIP Ronnie!
Ronnie Peterson, a super swede without fear! One of the sports most skilled driver.

User avatar
Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 498
Joined: 30 Jul 2007, 23:32
Location: Sweden

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 79° GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA

Post by Suntrek » 11 Sep 2008, 22:55

TwistedArmco wrote:
swca92 wrote:http://www.uksmallbusinessdirectory.co.uk/Uksbdchristmas/raindance.html

Ignore the Cricket stuff on this site,but do follow the instructions on,er, "How to do a raindance"


Cheers, mate, I'll definitely stamp around in a circle, chanting in a strange foreign language ("Ich will Regenschauer nach Monza!!"). I would also urge any Italian members of this forum to get their lawnmowers out on Sunday, at about 12:45 time..


I can do the German version, you can chant in Swedish "Jag vill ha regn på Monza" - easy :) ) Though according to the weather reports rain dances seem unnecessary - we don't want to flood the track completely, do we? :blink:
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

User avatar
Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 498
Joined: 30 Jul 2007, 23:32
Location: Sweden

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 79° GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA

Post by Suntrek » 11 Sep 2008, 23:00

jagevall wrote:Massa will win and take pole if its dry. But sadly the weather dosent look that great. So I think Hamilton will win the race if it's raining....Kimi, well you never know what he will do, he can crash but also win the race.

Just wanna send a thought to Ronnie Peterson, 30 years ago he past away. RIP Ronnie!


I think they'll do some kind of remembrance ceremony for Ronnie on Sunday in Monza.

http://www.formula1.com/gallery/other/2008/315.html

Fantastic pics from Ronnie's career.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

User avatar
shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 6531
Joined: 11 May 2008, 09:03
Location: Classified

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 79° GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA

Post by shailf1 » 12 Sep 2008, 08:06

Fp1 is go.
There is a dry line through firest chicane.
But before ascari chicane, the track is wet.

User avatar
TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2010
Joined: 30 May 2008, 18:44

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 79° GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA

Post by TwistedArmco » 12 Sep 2008, 08:10

Suntrek wrote:
TwistedArmco wrote:
swca92 wrote:http://www.uksmallbusinessdirectory.co.uk/Uksbdchristmas/raindance.html

Ignore the Cricket stuff on this site,but do follow the instructions on,er, "How to do a raindance"


Cheers, mate, I'll definitely stamp around in a circle, chanting in a strange foreign language ("Ich will Regenschauer nach Monza!!"). I would also urge any Italian members of this forum to get their lawnmowers out on Sunday, at about 12:45 time..


I can do the German version, you can chant in Swedish "Jag vill ha regn på Monza" - easy :) ) Though according to the weather reports rain dances seem unnecessary - we don't want to flood the track completely, do we? :blink:


True, maybe we don't want Fuji levels of rain. But you know on GP weekends when rain is forecast (like half the GPs this year) it dissappoints, like Magny-Cours, and Germany (where the GP2 feature race was funny as hell).

OFF TOPIC Question: how does the "a" sound with that circular accent thing above it? I know that ä sounds like "eh" in German, is this different? And in which case, how phonically does it sound?

Back ON TOPIC:
Track looks wet, huh? Plumes of spray before Ascari, the second chicane is catching people out.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

User avatar
shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 6531
Joined: 11 May 2008, 09:03
Location: Classified

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 79° GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA

Post by shailf1 » 12 Sep 2008, 08:12

Well the straight before ascari section is wet.
And, Rain is expected in 9 minutes

User avatar
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend
Posts: 23702
Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 15:50
Location: North Pole
Contact:

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 79° GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA

Post by iceman1 » 12 Sep 2008, 08:13

Rain Expected in 9 minutes

User avatar
TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2010
Joined: 30 May 2008, 18:44

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 79° GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA

Post by TwistedArmco » 12 Sep 2008, 08:15

Kubica's special helmet looks really odd..
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

Locked