2008 FORMULA 1 79° GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA

Who will win the 2008 FORMULA 1 Italian Grand Prix ?

Poll ended at 14 Sep 2008, 15:30

Lewis Hamilton
28%
Felipe Massa
37%
Robert Kubica
13%
Kimi Räikkönen
14%
Nick Heidfeld
1%
Heikki Kovalainen
4%
Jarno Trulli
No votes
Fernando Alonso
2%
Mark Webber
No votes
Timo Glock
No votes

Total votes: 83

Zeberdee
car driver
car driver

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 79° GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA

Post by Zeberdee » 14 Sep 2008, 22:25

It was an incredible race today. Was on the edge of my seat from when the Safety Car pulled in until the flag. Fantastic!

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 14 Sep 2008, 22:43

Alonso seems a Good guy :p

scermat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by scermat » 14 Sep 2008, 23:27

//Me on Myself Maltese and Italians
Im ethnically Maltese. im not unpatriotic but i say things the way they are. i dont really like to bulls**. i'm not a fan of the brits and i dont like the italians as a whole. used to really like them when i was younger, particularly in football, but then when i saw all the corruption nonsense cropping up i stopped following it and ended up disliking them... with it leading to F1. F1 history books had a lot to do with me forming my opinion too. and friends bullying me about Ferrari. and its the same story today. i have a bad habit of generalising, but if find most of the italians i meet to be damn annoying. i do have a couple of good italian friends tho. but anyway. that's OT i guess. and then again i dont mind STR at all. its just ferrari. their politics, their always "we wanna be different" attitude (ex US GP 05 where everyone bar them agreed on solutions) etc etc... plus i didnt really like some things schumacher did (like the way he took champ off Hill in 94) and the way he got away with it and when i started following F1 Ferrari WAS Schumi.

//Me on Ferrari, McLaren and teh Press
i dont agree with Ferrari having style and class more than say, McLaren Mercedes. on the contrary. but those are all subjective things at the end of the day. as for the comments about Dennis... LET'S NOT EVEN GO THERE. please. that case was closed last year and if you wanna open it, then open up a new thread and i'll give you my opinion about why i think there really was a witch hunt contrary to what Moseley says. I also dislike the british press and, as a matter of fact there is no press i like. none of them seem to cater for the hardcore fan but just the casual viewers anyway! which is why i dont take notice of the c**p they say. i get a lot of Grande Ferrari bulls** here being close to Italy and anything they do, is apparently Holy and with the authority of god almighty himself. and you probably wouldn't believe me but James Allen's fanboyism towards Lewis Hamilton doesnt even begin to compare with this idiots fanboyism to ferrari... like asking viewers to pray for rain before a GP in 2005 :roll:: also i hate the italian mentality (just like maltese) that anything they do and they have is good. even if before they said it was c**p. Case in point with F1 is kimi raikkonen. before Monza 2006 he was the worst driver ever. then he became the best Grande RaikkOnen! i used to like him and i still like him. Brits arent like that. when lewis was s*** they were the first to make up stupid stories about him running with girls as if he's not really into racing but screwing. you dont get that in italia. and from when i was in Spain its the exact same darn thing with Alonso. probably the least biased are the finnish/german press but i dont understand a thing they say! lol

//Me on kockbica and other drivers i met
as for kubica he was a complete cock. no other way of describing it. i went and asked him for an autograph and a pic. he looked at me gave me a "f off" look and buggered off right away in a casual manner. left me disappointed as hell. and back then he was still a nobody. so yeah that changed my opinion of him like night and day. i still think he's a good driver mind you. I met a lot of drivers/people in F1 and NO ONE acted like him. Pizzonia, Alonso, Rosberg, Nakajima, Gary Paffet, Mathias Lauda, Mike Gascogne, and even hamilton. they were all friendly, nice, and even if they were busier than Kubica was they at least recognize your being there. its how i actually met hamilton. it was his 3rd or 4th race so he was less known than today and i spotted him going out on the track. yelled his name and he smiled and gave me thumbs up and apologized for not being able to come to give autographs. that sent me to heaven. he could've not bothered with it cause it was not gonna gain him anything. but he didnt. same with Gary... he actually started a bloody conversation with everyone who asked him for an autograph! and Pizzonia who went to fetch a white marker so that he could sign my cap properly. Nakajima and Rosberg actually were busy and came to give us their autograph. (a pic of which made it on the internet :n ) or Alonso who saw the many number of fans there and made sure he didnt leave anyone out when giving autographs.

again... this doesnt change my opinion of a driver as a racer. i still think kubica is good and nakajima isn't so good. but it sure as hell makes me like one more than the other.

//Me on Hamiltons attitude
as for hamiltons attitude on track, i agree without a shadow of doubt. he does push it a bit too far sometimes. (not the first time i end up yelling to the TV saying LEWIS TAKE IT EASY!) but when you think about it, all champions do it whether you like them or hate them. Senna, Prost, Schumi etc... at the end of the day, you have to realise that they are racing there not driving. i see where you're coming from as i used to say the same things about schumi at first... but hey he entertained us and that is what he's payed for doing... racing and beating others, not giving them an easy time. i would've preferred if he took it a bit easier on webber to avoid controversies... but if he had he probably wouldn't have succeeded. i actually miss the 2005 season when it was kimi and alonso wheel to wheel racing hard with no subsequent moaning after the race. (another reason why im anti-ferrari). Turkey opening lap springs to mind. or suzuka. that was probably the last season where we didnt have that much politics and crying going about. (with the exception of 1 race)

//Conclusion
sorry for the long post verging on rant in certain areas but its 1am, i cannot sleep and i'm bored :)

scermat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by scermat » 14 Sep 2008, 23:30

Fergie1 wrote:I'm in disbelieve now that a team that joined at the same time as Super Aguri has now won a race not entirely based on luck. Really incredible when you think about it.
SA werent doing so bad themselves though before funding ran out. STR's funding is a lot more compared to what SA had.

F1Tracer
kart driver
kart driver

Post by F1Tracer » 15 Sep 2008, 01:01

ex Minardi my friend Fergie, i enjoyed the podium with German and Italian anthems, since Schumacher's era.
"You’re supposed to get” 100% efficiency. No guarantees, in networking as in life.

ScuderiaFan
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ScuderiaFan » 15 Sep 2008, 07:06

sejtur wrote:I like Ferrari because of the passion, the image, the Italians, the history, and alot more things. I like Schumi too because he was such a damn good drive.
and i've been a fan of ferrari since i started follow the formula 1 in 1996 and been a fan of schumi since that year .. ferrari and it history is uncomparble in motorsport and so is schumahcer .. in addition of that i'm a maniac fan to thier production cars and everything that related to ferrari :) .. and yeah i just bought the ferrari 1947-2007 Encyclopedia from thier site and cost me 212 euro .. but all worth it cuz it's something unique .. and all love to the scuderia :)
Remember this one "A Formula 1 race without Ferrari cars is useless" ScuderiaFan

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 15 Sep 2008, 08:56

The same chassis with Toro Rosso: Red Bull - 8th and 16th
The same engine with Toro Rosso: Ferrari - 6th and 9th

When you add them: A race winning car by 12 sec margin to McLaren :blink:

Note to Iceman: Site speed is slower than before.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 15 Sep 2008, 09:20

2008 Italian GP facts and stats
by Keith Collantine
Record-breaking Vettel

Sebastian Vettel was in record-smashing form over the weekend as covered in these two articles:

* Sebastian Vettel is youngest F1 winner
* Sebastian Vettel is youngest F1 pole man

That makes Vettel F1’s youngest points scorer, pole sitter and race winner. He’s also the 101st Grand Prix winner.

Five youngest F1 race winners

1. Sebastian Vettel, 21 years, two months and 11 days - 2008 Italian Grand Prix
2. Fernando Alonso, 22 years and 26 days - 2003 Hungarian Grand Prix
3. Troy Ruttman, 22 years, two months, 19 days -1952 Indianapolis 500
4. Bruce McLaren, 22 years, three months, 12 days - 1959 United States Grand Prix
5. Lewis Hamilton, 22 years, five months, three days - 2007 Canadian Grand Prix

Alongside Vettel on the podium were Heikki Kovalainen and Robert Kubica - the two other drivers to have scored their first wins this year. The podium is the youngest ever, with the drivers having an average age of 23 years, 11 months and 16 days. They have only 96 Grand Prix starts between them.

It beats the lowest mark set four races ago in Germany. Emphasising the youth of the F1 grid, there Germany podium featured a different trio: Lewis Hamilton, Nelson Piquet Jnr and Felipe Massa, with an average age of 24 years, seven months and one day.

Toro Rosso scored their first ever Grand Prix win in the 49th race started by one of their cars. It was the 209th win for a car powered by a Ferrari engine - but the first time that engine was not in a Ferrari chassis.

Toro Rosso was formed from Minardi in 2006, the Italian team which started 340 Grands Prix without a win, podium or pole position, all of which Toro Rosso achieved for the first time this weekend.
More facts and stats from italy

Robert Kubica were a special helmet to commemorate his first F1 podium, which he scored at Monza two years ago. He repeated that result in this race, finishing third. Kubica spent much of his junior racing career in Italy.

Lewis Hamilton recorded his worst starting position in F1 with 15th.

Nick Heidfeld finished his 24th consecutive race. His finishing streak, which stretches back to the 2007 French Grand Prix, matches the longest ever seen in F1. Michael Schumacher completed 24 races in a row from the 2001 Hungarian Grand Prix to the 2003 Malaysian Grand Prix. Can Heidfeld break Schumacher’s record at Singapore?

Kimi Raikkonen added another fastest lap to his tally, giving him 34. Seven more will give him as many as Alain Prost, who is second on the list of most fastest laps, behind Michael Schumacher.

There have been six different winners this year. The last time a season saw as many different winners was 2003, when Michael Schumacher, Ralf Schumacher, Rubens Barrichello, Juan Pablo Montoya, Kimi Raikkonen and David Coulthard all won races. The 1982 season had the largest number of different winners - 11 (thanks to Roswelite for that stat!)

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 15 Sep 2008, 09:21

Ali wrote:
when exactly ?

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 15 Sep 2008, 09:28

iceman1 wrote:
Ali wrote:
when exactly ?
This morning and yesterday. It opened in 5 or 6 sec slower than before. If no one experienced it, then it might be due to my connection.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 15 Sep 2008, 09:38

iceman1 wrote:Alonso seems a Good guy :p

Yeah, I thought it was kinda adequate how he was the first to congratulate Vettel. It's like the official handing over of the record.

On different notes, Scermat, you can rant all you like.. :) Don't use the f word though.

And finally, from the lap chart (previous page) you can see that Alonso, Kubica and Heidfeld were asolutely tanked up! They pitted on lap 30, 34 and 29 respectively. That was more fuel than Hamilton took in to the race, and it worked for them so perfectly.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 15 Sep 2008, 12:21

vettel isn't even in the poll choices....... :D great drive from him! the itv commentator always had the comment "toro rosso had minardi dna" :blink: is he a mad scientist or something?

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 15 Sep 2008, 12:53

megasyxx wrote:vettel isn't even in the poll choices....... :D great drive from him! the itv commentator always had the comment "toro rosso had minardi dna" :blink: is he a mad scientist or something?
No, he's just a tit who thinks he has some smart things to say.. Fire James Allen ITV. Don't hire him, BBC!!

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 15 Sep 2008, 12:56

Oh yeah, and why can't Ferrari solve their wet weather grip problems?? In colder, wetter conditions, even on the full wet, Ferrari are rubbish, as shown by Kimi, who only got fast once the track dried considerably. Massa's race therefore was better than most people think.

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 15 Sep 2008, 13:04

I think and hope, we could stop this McLaren vs Ferrari discussion by now. A Mc fan is a Mc fan and a Ferrari fan is a Ferrari fan. I think, it won´t change anything to name reasons why one dislikes the other party.
I accept that people don´t like Ferrari, and of course they have their reasons for it, but at the same time I dislike McLaren and have my reasons for it, which the Mc fans naturally see different, of course, because they like and support this team.

I think it´s a bit like trying to sell jogging shoes to somebody in a wheelchair.
I think respect is the biggest issue. Even if we don´t like each others teams and sometimes oppinions, we can still be a working community here, what we are (except last sunday maybe :) ) and discuss races and general stuff about F1.

One thing I don´t understand scermat is: Why do you put people all in one pot, like "I don´t like the Italians", I thought nowadays, with open europe and all that we judge people by their charackter and not nationality or religion.

In every country you can find bad and good people.