2008 FORMULA 1 79° GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA

Who will win the 2008 FORMULA 1 Italian Grand Prix ?

Poll ended at 14 Sep 2008, 15:30

Lewis Hamilton
28%
Felipe Massa
37%
Robert Kubica
13%
Kimi Räikkönen
14%
Nick Heidfeld
1%
Heikki Kovalainen
4%
Jarno Trulli
No votes
Fernando Alonso
2%
Mark Webber
No votes
Timo Glock
No votes

Total votes: 83

scermat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 79° GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA

Post by scermat » 16 Sep 2008, 11:59

and Button went on to win the next race :p

so imagine the drivers wanting him to interview them lol.

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 16 Sep 2008, 12:23

scermat wrote:I heard top gear gang might have something to do with it.

imagine jeremy, hammond and may cocking about in the paddock before the start. :@:2
JEREMY CLARKSON: "Welcome to the Italian Grand Prix.. Today, we're going to steal Sebastian Bourdais' tyre-warmers.. and see if he cries!!"
RICHARD HAMMOND: "And later in the show, we take a Ford Mondeo and a caravan out on track.. While the Grand Prix is still running!!"

etc. etc.

No, they would treat everything as one massive joke, really piss off Bernie, and get themselves fired. It would only be funny for a while. Plus they would be the worst commentators/presenters ever.. They're comedians, not jingoistic tossers. I would frankly prefer jingoistic tossers. At least there's some continuity there.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 16 Sep 2008, 13:00

joostlamers wrote:Guys!! I'm back!!
welcome Back :) we're waiting For some photos and Vids :p

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 16 Sep 2008, 13:05

You're not gonna believe this.. Hamilton waved at me.. 3 times!! And it really was me, because there were no other british flags.

The first time: FP2, the end of it, when the time was over and he drove back to the pits. I was standing at the iron fence, and I hung the flag over it. He was coming, he came out of the first chicane and was waving the flag like a mad man. One hand out of the cockpit, and one hand still on the steering wheel. That was really some feeling I got there.

The second time was the most beautiful time. It was the drivers parade. He stood there on the truck with Nico Rosberg and Adrian Sutil. But when he passed my grandstand Rosberg was in front of him so he couldn't see me, so I thougt: Shoot!! But I kept waving and as he nearly entered the he just moved away from Rosberg, he saw me: he pointed at me, and he raised his thumb!!!!!!!!! There I was also standing at the iron fence, my uncle was on the grandstand, he was filming it!! So you guys will surely see it some time ;O

The third time was after the race, the in lap. My dad and me holding the flag, and it was the same as friday, one hand out of the cockpit and one hand still on his steering wheel.

The whole weekend was really some experience, we will do it again next year. We said: We're going back, because the weather doesn't get any worse than this!! I really enjoyed every second of it!!!!!
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 16 Sep 2008, 13:09

iceman1 wrote:
joostlamers wrote:Guys!! I'm back!!
welcome Back :) we're waiting For some photos and Vids :p
Yes, I'm doing some things for school first :O I made around 130 pictures, but not only on the circuit, I made a few at the hotel, and some of the nature in Switserland, Germany and Italy. Switzerland really is the most beautiful country I have ever seen. When you drive through it, it just looks like one big mountain! haha

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 16 Sep 2008, 13:11

By the way, I also made around 10 vids. I haven't got anything on my laptop at thi moment, but I will be uploading all the stuff in one of these days. :thumbsup:

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 16 Sep 2008, 13:32

Manny6 wrote:Glock has no role in the chanpionship he has nothing to loose and just a at a boy to gain.
he should have gotten out the way that was no time to show off agnist a Mclaren or anyother driver in the
top three spots of the championship standings

So, what you're saying is that if Hamilton starts last, and Massa first, EVERYONE should just pull over, wait for him to pass, so he can only race Massa, since after all he's the only one challenging him, and continue on their merry way???

You gotta love the british :roll::
I see flashbacks of the Hill - Schumacher era, when Hill drove with the same dirty tactics as you current golden boy does, but the only ones who complained were just dismissed.

As for Hamilton - Glock: That was just stupid. I which Glock hadn't moved and they both crashed out, that would teach him a valuable lesson. But as Glock said "If i ever fight him for position again, he can expect the same kind of driving from me". And he deserves it.

Hamilton - Webber: I kind of remember they touched with their front wheels, not Webbo's front into Hamilton's rear, that was a legitimate pass. I guess he still wasn't looking at his mirrors.

I think there's this phobia of penalizing Hamilton anymore. They won't do it because the fear the same "scandal" as in Belgium.

But as far as i'm concerned this race justified his penalty in Belgium.

And yes, Massa drove a dismal race, while Kimi just plainly sucked.

I don't remember last time when i was so religius BTW, when Vettel set the faster lap in qually i was like :pray:

And then at the start and the middle of the race :pray:
So the conclusion: Vettel RULEZ :)

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 16 Sep 2008, 13:54

Manny6 wrote:Glock has no role in the chanpionship he has nothing to loose and just a at a boy to gain.
he should have gotten out the way that was no time to show off agnist a Mclaren or anyother driver in the

Glock has every right to race Hamilton. Like Lightning said, should he just jump out of the way and let him through? No. He should try and get the best result he can.. I remember Hamilton complaining about Kubica racing him in Fuji last year, when they had a 50/50 collision while battling for position. Are you of the same mindset?

Should every race be between Mac and Ferrari? If every race was won by one of the title contenders, F1 would be a very boring sport.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 16 Sep 2008, 14:03

First of all, to anyone reading my posts, i may sound angry or picking a fight, but that's just the way i talk :D

I actually had the feeling that they were letting Hamilton through Variante della Roggia, because he outbraked everyone there. Couldn't their teams tell the drivers over the radio that he passed like 6 times there, and they should defend that line???

hannibal_rising
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by hannibal_rising » 16 Sep 2008, 15:38

Second video taken from the circuit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAMhc8uZdOk

The first one (already posted):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDHUol55-c4

Enjoy them!!... :thumbsup:
Flag:##

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 16 Sep 2008, 16:16

Lewis isn't driving Medical Car or Ambulance :E
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

hannibal_rising
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by hannibal_rising » 16 Sep 2008, 16:32

I'm also a McLaren's fan... but positions has to be won on the track.. no matter who you are... Not for being a Ferrari or a McLaren the rest have no right to fight against you... I don't like champions that never have won a thing on the track... I prefer the hard way... :D

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 16 Sep 2008, 16:38

The comment that Glock shouldn't fight with Hamilton for position on the track is one of the stupidest I've ever heard.One of the main philosophies of F1 is that you have to overtake your opponents to get as high a position as possible.I think its great when slower cars fight with faster cars.Wurz fighting with Schumi at Monza 98,Irvine unlapping himself from Senna at Suzuka 93,even Bernoldi overtaking Schumi at Sepang 02 were great moments of F1.Drivers lower down the order have every right to fight with cars faster than theirs.

scermat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by scermat » 16 Sep 2008, 17:21

agree with the above comments. Glock had every right to race lewis. i dont agree with his complaints as to me it lookedl iek he jsut kept his nose there long after he lost position but that's just an opinion i have. webber has every right to moan imo. he bearly gave him enough room.

Mitsuro Sano
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Mitsuro Sano » 16 Sep 2008, 17:46

Racing is racing, Raikkonen and Kubica also overtakes non championship contenders. F1 is not F1 if there is no battle between drivers, even if some of them are not championship contender.

On this race, Hamilton was very dirty, he disapointed me :sad: But on the other way, the race was nice to watch also thanks to him.

PS : for those who want to see what happened to Bourdais at SPA, I've posted the onboard last lap from Bourdais' Tcam in the Belgian video tread :wave: