2008 FORMULA 1 79° GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA

Who will win the 2008 FORMULA 1 Italian Grand Prix ?

Poll ended at 14 Sep 2008, 15:30

Lewis Hamilton
28%
Felipe Massa
37%
Robert Kubica
13%
Kimi Räikkönen
14%
Nick Heidfeld
1%
Heikki Kovalainen
4%
Jarno Trulli
No votes
Fernando Alonso
2%
Mark Webber
No votes
Timo Glock
No votes

Total votes: 83

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 79° GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA

Post by Zack » 16 Sep 2008, 18:06

Lightning983 wrote:First of all, to anyone reading my posts, i may sound angry or picking a fight, but that's just the way i talk :D

I actually had the feeling that they were letting Hamilton through Variante della Roggia, because he outbraked everyone there. Couldn't their teams tell the drivers over the radio that he passed like 6 times there, and they should defend that line???
I tend to believe that driver know which part of circuit opponent will have chance to overtake ...they wouldn't like race engineer to provide additional guideline while racing.Good defensive driver would automatically know after opponent attacks ..will respond efficiently.But sometime car/driver behind has sufficient advantage even if driver tries to defend @ his 100% its impossible*.
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 16 Sep 2008, 18:41

Mitsuro Sano wrote:On this race, Hamilton was very dirty, he disapointed me :sad: But on the other way, the race was nice to watch also thanks to him.
there's this fine line in motor racing between a dirty driver and an aggressive driver > i guess when the driver gets punished or something, then he's a dirty driver. if there are none, then he's an aggressive driver.... :pout: whew! how life goes..... :tired:

Mitsuro Sano
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Mitsuro Sano » 16 Sep 2008, 18:52

megasyxx wrote:
Mitsuro Sano wrote:On this race, Hamilton was very dirty, he disapointed me :sad: But on the other way, the race was nice to watch also thanks to him.
there's this fine line in motor racing between a dirty driver and an aggressive driver > i guess when the driver gets punished or something, then he's a dirty driver. if there are none, then he's an aggressive driver.... :pout: whew! how life goes..... :tired:
I'm a fan of Hamilton, but at Monza, he was more than aggressive. His move on Glock was like Schumi on Montoya in imola 2004 when schumi pushed Monty on the grass ( I consider this as a dirty move, but it's my opinion :O ).
In Monza last year, the move of Hamilton on Raikkonen was very aggressive but fair ( and fantastic )

:wave:

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 16 Sep 2008, 23:03

Zack wrote:I tend to believe that driver know which part of circuit opponent will have chance to overtake ...they wouldn't like race engineer to provide additional guideline while racing.Good defensive driver would automatically know after opponent attacks ..will respond efficiently.But sometime car/driver behind has sufficient advantage even if driver tries to defend @ his 100% its impossible*.
I know they know what they're doing, but it kind of seemed like he took most of them by suprise... they didn't even see it comming. After he passed 2 cars out of the blue there, i think someone should have let the driver know, because he can't know how his opponent's car behaves on the track.

And also, i remember drivers getting instructions at the start, telling him over the radio who is behind him, and in front... and besides him... THAT is something i wouldn't like, but if my engineer came on and said "Look mate, Hamilton is passing everyone on the outside of turn 3, has a big advantage there"

More like a hint...
megasyxx wrote:there's this fine line in motor racing between a dirty driver and an aggressive driver > i guess when the driver gets punished or something, then he's a dirty driver. if there are none, then he's an aggressive driver.... :pout: whew! how life goes..... :tired:
That's true. I personally disliked montoya, but i considered him an aggressive driver, not a dirty one. But in hamilton i only see the latter...
Not to mention his swerve in front of Kimi in Belgium after he passed him.

teahouse27
kart driver
kart driver

Post by teahouse27 » 17 Sep 2008, 04:46

look i am not a great fan of Hamilton, actually don't really like him, but you cannot deny that he is fast and very good. He still have to became more mature as a driver. He is just ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK, in fact he smash tyres like nobody else in history in F1. in one year and 3/4 seasons, he is in F1 at least 6 times he finished or blow a tyres before than normal. nevertheless i would not say that in Monza he was dirty. He was hard, like saying to the other "I PASSED YOU, NOW YOU STAY BEHIND". even if i don't like him i don't think that's dirty, that's RACING, that's is your EGO shouting I AM THE BEST. Personally i don't think he is the best, Alonso, Kubica, Kimi, in pure technic and driving style are better than him. But you gonna say he is brave, he could have been out twice in Monza but he tried, he gambled and he was right. (note: in SPA he gamble and went burst). 50 - 50 as they say.

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 17 Sep 2008, 08:14

I can say that he is good, better than a lot of the drivers currently in F1, but he's not as good as HE thinks he is. That's his huge flaw in my opinion.

And this style of "passing" will really bite him in the ass one day, when someone just doesn't budge an inch. They will both crash, and he'll complain how the "monkeys" in the back don't move to the side when they see his royal highness.

What i would really like to see is him trying a move like that on Montoya, Michael or Ralf... that would have been fun to watch :D

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 17 Sep 2008, 08:59

Lightning983 wrote:I can say that he is good, better than a lot of the drivers currently in F1, but he's not as good as HE thinks he is. That's his huge flaw in my opinion.

And this style of "passing" will really bite him in the ass one day, when someone just doesn't budge an inch. They will both crash, and he'll complain how the "monkeys" in the back don't move to the side when they see his royal highness.

What i would really like to see is him trying a move like that on Montoya, Michael or Ralf... that would have been fun to watch :D
Yep. There's only so much you can almost cross the line wihtout it really coming back to bite you.
Strike 1: Hamilton pushed Glock off-track, which could have been through lack of vision.
Strike 2: Hamilton swerved in front of Alonso at Turn 1, which couldn't have been lack of vision.
Strike 3: Hamilton double-moved with Webber at Turn 1 from right to left, leaving him a Red Bull minus 1 foot's width, hitting him with his trye and sending him onto the escape road. This was the worst of the three, because it was a visible double movement, and without this, chances are Webber would have passed him. In other words, he kept his position by shoving Webber off. Schumi, anyone?

3 aggressive moves like that in one Grand Prix? I wouldn't be surprised if Glock, Webber or Alonso go vigilante on him next time they share the same piece of track.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 17 Sep 2008, 09:55

TwistedArmco wrote:...Schumi, anyone?
Don't go there :cool:
TwistedArmco wrote: 3 aggressive moves like that in one Grand Prix? I wouldn't be surprised if Glock, Webber or Alonso go vigilante on him next time they share the same piece of track.
But yes... if you make enough "enemies" so to speak on the track, you're bound to end up in the gravel sooner or later. (Hopefully without a crane nearby)

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 17 Sep 2008, 11:20

Raikkonen also made a double move, don't know on who it was, but it was exact the same as Hamiltons double move
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by syncmaster » 17 Sep 2008, 12:01

joostlamers wrote:Raikkonen also made a double move, don't know on who it was, but it was exact the same as Hamiltons double move
It was fisichella
Desire has no limits

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 17 Sep 2008, 14:55

Monza trophies broke FIA rules
F1-Live wrote:The trophies presented to Monza winner Sebastian Vettel and his podium cohorts seem to have contravened the 2008 Formula One sporting regulations.

Referring to the logo-shaped Monza trophy, Shakeri wrote: "I still know of this bank's existence, I still know of the services they offer, and I still know what the logo looks like because it's pasted everywhere during the race broadcasts."

"Logos are fine, but please let the trophies be trophies."
The same disgusting trophies were given in British GP too. That sponsor must really be stopped. Traditional and state-of-art trophies are the symbols of a particular race, which should be preserved, instead of f****ng sponsor logos.

Full article
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 17 Sep 2008, 15:35

Are they not allowed to say Santander?

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 17 Sep 2008, 16:18

^^^ LOL
They want to play safe :O ...already their is Global financial crisis.

Lehman Brothers had 16.8% of Formula One shares that are own by CVC.I m no expert; ...i don't know if it will affect F1.
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 17 Sep 2008, 19:37

Zack wrote:^^^ LOL
They want to play safe :O ...already their is Global financial crisis.

Lehman Brothers had 16.8% of Formula One shares that are own by CVC.I m no expert; ...i don't know if it will affect F1.
I knew about these shares, however, I think that they sold them some time ago. I stand to be corrected, though.

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 17 Sep 2008, 20:18

Pretty sure your right,I don't think Lehman Brothers have any shareholding in F1 anymore.I thought they sold the shares a while ago,and it would have been a big news story on F1/motorsport sites.