2008 FORMULA 1 79° GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA

Who will win the 2008 FORMULA 1 Italian Grand Prix ?

Poll ended at 14 Sep 2008, 15:30

Lewis Hamilton
28%
Felipe Massa
37%
Robert Kubica
13%
Kimi Räikkönen
14%
Nick Heidfeld
1%
Heikki Kovalainen
4%
Jarno Trulli
No votes
Fernando Alonso
2%
Mark Webber
No votes
Timo Glock
No votes

Total votes: 83

phil1993

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 79° GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA

Post by phil1993 » 14 Sep 2008, 14:54

that means that a McLaren driver has not been off the podium since France. Then: GB Ham, Ger: Ham, Hun: Kov, Euro: Ham, Bel: Ham, Ita: Kov

darthfury
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by darthfury » 14 Sep 2008, 14:56

Massa should have taken the position from heidfeld :(
about Hamilton, I think someone from Fia and/or stewards should come and tell himl to stop pushing the cars to the grass. Glock almost had an accident because of it and the worst thing is that was on Monza, a super fast track.

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 14 Sep 2008, 14:58

Hamilton didn't see Glock which was clear as if you cared enough to look he wasn't looking in his mirrors. Webber had almost exactly a cars length not including the green patch by the side of the track. The Ferrari fans are only crying about it because Kimi got a thrashing and Massa didn't do all that well.
Last edited by Fergie1 on 14 Sep 2008, 15:04, edited 1 time in total.

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 14 Sep 2008, 14:59

well, I think massa did good, accoeding to me. He was stuck behind roseberg( which was the biggest disappointment). so he was losing precious time and he was not prepared to take risks early on in the rain. But he finally managed to pass him and was doing good laps but it was too late. He would have been able to get on the podium but when he came out of the pits after his first stop he was 4s behind kubica and he could have gained if he had overtook roasebeg a little bit faster.

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 14 Sep 2008, 15:03

Wow such a great race from Vettel! Weee!!! :p I never expected this before this weekend. Phenomenal drive from him.

Kimi :( Fastest lap AGAIN though. :roll::
And some dirty driving from Lewis... :pout:
Last edited by sejtur on 14 Sep 2008, 15:04, edited 1 time in total.

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 14 Sep 2008, 15:04

The Glock one, Hamilton clearly just didn't see him. The Webber one was Hamilton being a hard-arse. He came across on Webber, so that there was slightly less than a Red Bull's width on the left hand side, meaning that Webber dipped a boot on the grass and was forced to take the escape road. And Hamilton gave him a miniscule push. In that situation, he almost double-moved. Not really on, typical chopping, presumptious Hamilton.

Also Hamilton moved right across on Alonso and gave him a bang on the side when he overtook him as well, before he was even fully in front. Just gave him a bit of a whack on the sidepod with his right rear, and given that Hamilton didn't twitch at all, which suggests he knew he needed to counter-steer, I would say that was deliberate. But hey, what's my opinion?
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

Manny6
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Manny6 » 14 Sep 2008, 15:04

Glock has no role in the chanpionship he has nothing to loose and just a at a boy to gain.
he should have gotten out the way that was no time to show off agnist a Mclaren or anyother driver in the
top three spots of the championship standings

darthfury wrote:Massa should have taken the position from heidfeld :(
about Hamilton, I think someone from Fia and/or stewards should come and tell himl to stop pushing the cars to the grass. Glock almost had an accident because of it and the worst thing is that was on Monza, a super fast track.

scermat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by scermat » 14 Sep 2008, 15:05

i agree hamiltons move on webber was dirty and would deserve a penalty for that (altough im not 100% sure about drive through) but not glocks. glock was behind and he kept pushing rather than easing off. nothing lewis could do apart from slow down and give way which would mean hes driving rather than racing.

but yes, webber has good reason to b*th and if he gets a penalty for it it would be more deserved than the stupid penalty he got at Spa. still... we've seen much dirtier moves that went unpunished. it was schumi like. move out of the way no one is going to take it away from me kind of block. oh well, we'll see. not surprised REINMEISTERs fans want him to get a penalty so much tho after the epic race he did today :cool:

Manny6
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Manny6 » 14 Sep 2008, 15:07

The Alonzo pass was the only one to relly look at as the passing was almost no room I did feel that was a bit of
desperation type move. if alonzo would have cliped him it would have been his fault
TwistedArmco wrote:The Glock one, Hamilton clearly just didn't see him. The Webber one was Hamilton being a hard-arse. He came across on Webber, so that there was slightly less than a Red Bull's width on the left hand side, meaning that Webber dipped a boot on the grass and was forced to take the escape road. And Hamilton gave him a miniscule push. In that situation, he almost double-moved. Not really on, typical chopping, presumptious Hamilton.

Also Hamilton moved right across on Alonso and gave him a bang on the side when he overtook him as well, before he was even fully in front. Just gave him a bit of a whack on the sidepod with his right rear, and given that Hamilton didn't twitch at all, which suggests he knew he needed to counter-steer, I would say that was deliberate. But hey, what's my opinion?

F1Tracer
kart driver
kart driver

Post by F1Tracer » 14 Sep 2008, 15:08

Congrats to Sebastan Vettel & Scuderia Toro Rosso - We heard the German and the Italian anthems after M. Schumacher's era.
"You’re supposed to get” 100% efficiency. No guarantees, in networking as in life.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 14 Sep 2008, 15:09

phil1993 wrote:I think the Webber one was 50-50 but against Glock, that was dangerous.
even on Alonso!
thank god their was no penalty today ... its like Forum gets penalty!

On other i felt Ferrari/Massa over cautious threw at least 1 place :pout:

But who cares... this weekend brought different joy & excitement ... Vettel Shines & Force India in Q3 Flag:## :thumbsup:
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

darthfury
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by darthfury » 14 Sep 2008, 15:13

Im not talking about penalty or anything. Im talking about the dangerous moves of him, pushing drivers outside the track.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 14 Sep 2008, 15:14

Lewis had a great race especially at the start when it was wet. Kimi couldn't match him, and only was fast when it was dry. Kimi also got his 9th fastest lap this season . Feel sorry for bourdais he was lapping as fast as Vettel at the start of the race and could have got a if not for the stall

darthfury
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by darthfury » 14 Sep 2008, 15:17

iceman1 wrote:Lewis had a great race especially at the start when it was wet. Kimi couldn't match him, and only was fast when it was dry. Kimi also got his 9th fastest lap this season . Feel sorry for bourdais he was lapping as fast as Vettel at the start of the race and could have got a if not for the stall
Yeah, his pace on the early stages was incredible. He was the showman today.

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by syncmaster » 14 Sep 2008, 15:18

i would say that Mclaren and Ferrari took a wrong decision over Lewis and Kimmi's startey for the say as if they would have choosen for a 1 stop so that could finish on podium(espically Lewis) or a nice points finish.And Massa badluck for him unable to maxmize on his 6 position on grid because of being struck in Traffic after his 1 pit stop
Desire has no limits