9 points: I loved it!
32%
8 points: Oh that was great!
21%
7 points: It was pretty good
13%
6 points: It wasn't bad
2%
5 points: Eh there where parts that weren't very good, though!
No votes
4 points: It could have been a lot better
No votes
3 points: I didn't really like it
No votes
2 points: It was awful!
No votes
1 point: BAD!!
3%

Total votes: 63

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Rate the 2008 Belgian Grand Prix

Post by Suntrek » 09 Sep 2008, 23:51

1-Best Driver
Fernando Alonso because he flattered the car and took it higher than it belongs. Pity he had to change tyres at the very end but it was either safety first or a very big risk to end up like Kimi. Honorary mention to Nick H who also drove a very good - and smart - race, but his car is considerably better than Alonso's.

2-Best Team
Toro Rosso. Fantastic how they've improved. But they have a Ferrari engine at the back and not a crappy Renault like Red Bull of course...

3-Best Overtake
Hamilton on Kimi first time. Oh, come on! :) The most talked about, the most replayed, the most memorable overtaking for a long, long time.

4-Best Moment
Kimi/Hamilton fight with poor Nico Rosberg in the middle of it all. Mayhem!

5-Worst Driver
Heikki. Where was he? He's in a McLaren FFS, not in a Minardi! Imagine Kimi or Felipe doing such a bad job compared to teammate, they'd be bashed to kingdom come! :S

Worst Team
Honda. I don't understand how it's possible for them to go from bad to worse, but they have.

6-Best Rookie
Seb Bourdais. Nice job but a bit too much whining - if you opt to stay out on slicks in the wet, you've got to realize you are going to be sloooow.

7-Biggest Surprise
Hamilton's penalty, of course.

8- Comments
No comments, I've discussed this race enough, I'm totally fed up with it. Let's move on. :wave:
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 10 Sep 2008, 09:10

Suntrek wrote:1-Best Driver
Fernando Alonso because he flattered the car and took it higher than it belongs. Pity he had to change tyres at the very end but it was either safety first or a very big risk to end up like Kimi. Honorary mention to Nick H who also drove a very good - and smart - race, but his car is considerably better than Alonso's.
Actually on a day either Renault was quicker or Alonso was quick than both BMW drivers.

1-Best Driver - Nick & Alonso ...STR Drivers
2-Best Team - Toro Rosso
3-Best Overtake - In Gp2 Maldonado* overtook some1
4-Best Moment - Nick passing thru other car on the last lap
5-Worst Driver & Worst Team - Heikki Kovalainen & Williams
6-Best Rookie - Sebastien Bourdais
7-Biggest Surprise - Last 3 laps
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 11 Sep 2008, 09:32

1-Best Driver: Bourdais, his first time on this track, and he held a nice 4th place before the rain.
2-Best Team: BMW - made a great call i the end, and pushed heidfeld from P10 to P2 :)
3-Best Overtake - Kovaleinen on Piquet
4-Best Moment - Massa Passing Hamilton for the lead
5-Worst Driver & Worst Team - Piquet (he's the only one that crashed out while it was dry), and about the team... i don't know, maybe Red Bull?
6-Best Rookie - Bourdais
7-Biggest Surprise - Seeing Kimi in the wall a lap before the end of the race

grafic
kart driver
kart driver

Post by grafic » 11 Sep 2008, 10:14

1. Alonso or Bourdais
2. Toro Rosso
3. Alonso on Bourdais-lap 1
4. Alonso third for seconds
5. Piquet and Honda
6. Bourdais
7. Heidfeld on podium :pout:

8.Renault made of big mistake when they put Alonso in pit in the final lap

LegoTP
kart driver
kart driver

Post by LegoTP » 12 Sep 2008, 14:47

1-Best Driver : Kimi Raikkonen. Probably one of the best races for him this year even if he didn't win. He deserved the victory. He finally showed his full motivation during that Grand Prix and I'm sure he'll keep it that way. Hamilton just had luck. I still think Kimi could have changed tires. He would have won the race.
2-Best Team : Ferrari.
3-Best Overtake : Raikkonen over Massa and then Hamilton after Eau Rouge. Heidfeld over the other guys (Vettel, Bourdais and Kubica)
4-Best Moment : Seeing Raikkonen 1st and Bourdais 4th and 5th.
5-Worst Driver & Worst Team : All Honda
6-Best Rookie : Sébastien Bourdais. Like Kimi, he deserved to be at least 5th. If only there were 43 laps, he would surely have beaten Vettel. Hope he'll still be here next year.
7-Biggest Surprise : Seeing Bourdais getting from 3rd to 7th. On French TV this was such a mess, Belgian's images only showed Hamilton going to the victory. This was completely useless as he finished 1st, they didn't show the pitstops (that I only saw in background), they didn't show Alonso, Heidfeld and Vettel overtaking Bourdais.

8-General Comment : An absolutely fantastic Grand Prix. I really had fun watching it with Kimi 1st and Bourdais 5th. I was praying for the rain not to come. Yet it did. This was a huge disappointment for me.