2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix

Who will win the 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix ?

Poll ended at 07 Sep 2008, 15:34

Lewis Hamilton
22
25%
Felipe Massa
29
33%
Kimi Räikkönen
27
31%
Robert Kubica
5
6%
Heikki Kovalainen
0
No votes
Nick Heidfeld
2
2%
Jarno Trulli
1
1%
Fernando Alonso
1
1%
Mark Webber
0
No votes
Timo Glock
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 87

User avatar
phil1993
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 25503
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Contact:

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix

Post by phil1993 » 08 Sep 2008, 19:43

shail69 wrote:one more thing to discuss about. Anyone seen the first lap incident between kimi and massa. it looked as if kimi wanted massa to crash so he would be in higher points than massa.Thats my opinion anyways.


yeah, he pushed him right onto the grass. i think massa commented on it later, saying that he won in the end though

User avatar
syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1506
Joined: 05 Apr 2008, 09:57

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix

Post by syncmaster » 08 Sep 2008, 19:43

shail69 wrote:one more thing to discuss about. Anyone seen the first lap incident between kimi and massa. it looked as if kimi wanted massa to crash so he would be in higher points than massa.Thats my opinion anyways.

Nope i dont thing so,I think was driving with taking care of his engine where as Kimmi had a new engine and Kimmi made wonderful overtake on Massa
Desire has no limits
Image
Image

User avatar
Arrows_F1
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 869
Joined: 13 Feb 2008, 14:07
Location: Hamburg, Germany

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix

Post by Arrows_F1 » 08 Sep 2008, 19:48

I have to watch the scene again to make an opinion on that, but I don't think Kimi did this because, of the reason you gave...
Image

User avatar
maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2360
Joined: 26 Dec 2006, 14:05
Location: Malta
Contact:

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix

Post by maltafan » 08 Sep 2008, 20:05

syncmaster wrote:
phil1993 wrote:an ideal world is Nick winning in, say, Japan. Hamilton clinching the title before Brazil so there can be a balls-out fight for the last race, with Massa winning his home race, Alonso and Hamilton on the podium :p and some surprising points scorers.

Thats your ideal world.My ideal world would Massa wining WDC,Nick wining in china,kimmi back in form but supporting Massa and constructors to be won by Ferrari And the last but not least Hamilton dropping from for last 5 races and heikke giving Ferrari a tough battle


You are both super biased :p

I would prefer that the final races are full of overtakings and wee fair play between all drivers.

I would love some rain, but not in Singapore, as I think it's dangerous.

And may the best driver win. (who in my opinion is Hamilton; but I would like to see Massa on 2nd, very close to him).
Image

User avatar
shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 6531
Joined: 11 May 2008, 09:03
Location: Classified

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix

Post by shailf1 » 08 Sep 2008, 20:07

maltafan wrote:
syncmaster wrote:
phil1993 wrote:an ideal world is Nick winning in, say, Japan. Hamilton clinching the title before Brazil so there can be a balls-out fight for the last race, with Massa winning his home race, Alonso and Hamilton on the podium :p and some surprising points scorers.

Thats your ideal world.My ideal world would Massa wining WDC,Nick wining in china,kimmi back in form but supporting Massa and constructors to be won by Ferrari And the last but not least Hamilton dropping from for last 5 races and heikke giving Ferrari a tough battle


You are both super biased :p

I would prefer that the final races are full of overtakings and wee fair play between all drivers.

I would love some rain, but not in Singapore, as I think it's dangerous.

And may the best driver win. (who in my opinion is Hamilton; but I would like to see Massa on 2nd, very close to him).

In my ipinion its massa :p

User avatar
megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5873
Joined: 10 Apr 2007, 18:30
Location: Pasig City, Metro Manila PH

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix

Post by megasyxx » 08 Sep 2008, 20:09

shail69 wrote:one more thing to discuss about. Anyone seen the first lap incident between kimi and massa. it looked as if kimi wanted massa to crash so he would be in higher points than massa.Thats my opinion anyways.


then it would be; > incident between cars no. 1 and 2 to be investigated after the season is over and one of them would be world champion and if the 2nd place driver is not from ferrari and is out of range for overall championship points.... :shhh: just kidding :) :cool:
Image

User avatar
swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2441
Joined: 26 Jan 2008, 21:24
Location: Enfield, London

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix

Post by swca92 » 08 Sep 2008, 20:13

In a perfect world Barrichello would win the race at Interlagos and bow out of F1 with a win at home. Heidfeld would perhaps win a wet/dry race in China/Japan,he deserves a win. I saw the Ferraris race each other,Kimi looked like he was making a point.If that had happened at,say Valencia,it would have been massive news.But after this race no one cares.

User avatar
McLaren-F1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 317
Joined: 19 Sep 2006, 20:21
Location: Turkey-Istanbul

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix

Post by McLaren-F1 » 08 Sep 2008, 20:15

FIARRARI made their dirty tricks and punished Hamilton :( i can't believe they did that F1 is really political game and Ferrari is backed by FIA officials i can't stand these unfair treatments to McLaren :( Massa did nothing just drove the car and won the race he didn't deserve winning he deserved to be 3rd but Hamilton well deserved winning he showed how to drive in wet once again everyone he's incredible driver...if they punished LEwis on track with drive through Lewis would be 2nd cuz it takes 17sec rather than 25sc :@ He lost 6 points and also in WCC they increased gap 6 points to 12 points it's really unfair...McLaren will be very motivated in Monza come on Lewis let's win that race and slap your trophy into their face !!!
4ever McLaren...

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1405
Joined: 03 Jan 2008, 21:04

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix

Post by Fergie1 » 08 Sep 2008, 20:49

phil1993 wrote:yeah, Nick deserves a win- this season he has been 2nd what? Aus, Can, GB, Spa. 4 times just this season alone.

also, wooh! 100 pages for this thread.

Notice how about 70% of the time Lewis wins (or technically) Heidfeld is on the podum?
Canada, Hungary, Australia, Britain and Belgium (he still won in my eyes). Its probably not 70% but I can't be arsed to work it out.

User avatar
F1Tracer
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 47
Joined: 08 Sep 2008, 00:05
Location: Nicosia, Cyprus

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix

Post by F1Tracer » 09 Sep 2008, 00:27

i am watching now from youtube the 1992 gp of spa which michael schumacher on his first complete season on f1 was the winner of the gp. He was challenging ayrton senna with wet tires and senna on slicks for several labs and he was fighting alongside with R. Patrese, N. Mansel, M. Brundle, Mika Hakkinen, I. Cappelli ........... great race !!!

Enjoy it !!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ1GU8FURnI[/youtube]
"You’re supposed to get” 100% efficiency. No guarantees, in networking as in life.

Image
Image

User avatar
IraNik
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 41
Joined: 07 Sep 2008, 14:29

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix

Post by IraNik » 09 Sep 2008, 02:26

Nice video F1Tracer. Can you also post the stewards' papers after the GP, so that we can check who was declared as winner?

User avatar
IraNik
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 41
Joined: 07 Sep 2008, 14:29

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix

Post by IraNik » 09 Sep 2008, 02:28

i am reading the comments by massa and cannot believe it. this fella used to be a down to earth and a moderate dude. now, he is 'happy' for lewis punishment?

i sooo much hope he gets the same kind of penalty once he leaves ferrari.. (for obvious reasons..)

User avatar
JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion
Posts: 11852
Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Location: Tilburg
Contact:

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix

Post by JoostLamers » 09 Sep 2008, 08:15

The fight between Hamilton and Raikkonen was one of the best I have ever seen live on TV. But it really is the biggest shame(!!!!) ever, that Hamilton got punished for it. Now drivers will take less risk off overtaking: first the FIA want more overtaking, we got the most boring race of 2008 in Valencia, and then the wonderful end of the 2008 GP in Spa, with the best overtaking I have ever witnessed, by the rules, cuz he gave the spot back. But because the McLaren had way better traction than the Ferrari, he could get back on Raikkonens tail, with NO slipstreaming!!! It really is a farce!!! Disgusting!! Ridiculous!!!
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image

User avatar
Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Posts: 4153
Joined: 27 Jun 2007, 15:26
Location: Bombay
Contact:

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix

Post by Zack » 09 Sep 2008, 11:05

F1 world should accept the steward's decision.
"In the end, what they say is always fair, whether you like it or not" - Alonso
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

User avatar
F1Tracer
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 47
Joined: 08 Sep 2008, 00:05
Location: Nicosia, Cyprus

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix

Post by F1Tracer » 09 Sep 2008, 13:32

F1Tracer wrote:i am watching now from youtube the 1992 gp of spa which michael schumacher on his first complete season on f1 was the winner of the gp. He was challenging ayrton senna with wet tires and senna on slicks for several labs and he was fighting alongside with R. Patrese, N. Mansel, M. Brundle, Mika Hakkinen, I. Cappelli ........... great race !!!

Enjoy it !!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ1GU8FURnI[/youtube]


IraNik wrote:Nice video F1Tracer. Can you also post the stewards' papers after the GP, so that we can check who was declared as winner?


if you really love f1 as it is please check all the parts of the video on youtube, otherwise just don't mention papers. It was the 1st win of Michael Schumacher on his 2nd visit at spa alongside with Senna. Flag:##
"You’re supposed to get” 100% efficiency. No guarantees, in networking as in life.

Image
Image

Locked