It is currently 24 Aug 2017, 01:11

All times are UTC




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1559 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101 ... 104  Next

Who will win the 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix ?
Poll ended at 07 Sep 2008, 15:34
Lewis Hamilton 25%  25%  [ 22 ]
Felipe Massa 33%  33%  [ 29 ]
Kimi Räikkönen 31%  31%  [ 27 ]
Robert Kubica 6%  6%  [ 5 ]
Heikki Kovalainen 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Nick Heidfeld 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Jarno Trulli 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Fernando Alonso 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Mark Webber 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Timo Glock 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 87
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2008, 16:58  
F1 Driver

Joined: 03 Jan 2008, 21:04
Posts: 1405
scermat wrote:
phil1993 wrote:
Triple world champion Niki Lauda has described the stewards' decision as "the worst judgement in F1 history".

"It is the most perverted judgment I have ever seen, It's absolutely unacceptable when three functionaries (the stewards) influence the championship like this."


Niki Lauda is clearly an IDIOT!

he didn't see Lewis was 57412 light years BEHINDDD RAIKKO DA MAN and he only gave 0.000000000000000000000001 back! OMG!



yes. this is exaggeration. see where you're going all wrong with this? if he gave a tenth back and it was enough for kimi to get ahead he wasn't 1-2s behind in the first place! (in fact they were side by side which technically is no gap at all).

Unless kimi has a super boost button of course. which is technically illegal. but i see were you're going. it was obvious kimi was caught on the backfoot so any overtaking move on him should have been illegal. lewis should have given kimi 30 second advantage. oh well. he still crashed :@:2

here's the EXACT rule that Lewis was penalised for breaking.

30.3 a) During practice and the race, drivers may use only the track and must at all times observe the provisions of the Code relating to driving behaviour on circuits.

which pretty much everyone broke anyway.

thanks FIA apologists btw for making me dislike kimi. i used to support that guy once.

Still ignoring the facts I see.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2008, 17:01  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 30 May 2008, 18:44
Posts: 2010
You, know what, I think I might ban myself for a couple of days, because I AM SO SICK OF THIS TOPIC AND WITH THE WHOLE FORUM BEING INFECTED WITH THE FALLOUT OF THIS DECISION..

Why don't we create a thread called POINTLESS MAC vs FERRARI ARGUMENT?? You can supply your evidence for your argument there, and everyone will ignore it and say you're wrong, and shoot it right back at you, and quote irrelevencies from the past.
Oh hang on, this thread is like that already..

I hate the last couple of days. I'm going to work.

_________________
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2008, 17:04  
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Posts: 25503
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
ok then, bye TA

_________________
F1Zone.net News
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2008, 17:04  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 11 May 2008, 09:03
Posts: 6531
Location: Classified
Country: Nepal (np)
scermat wrote:
teahouse wrote:
ok let's put back gravel trap on the side of the chigane.......and let's see who will still cut them.....I bet nobody.....in same situation he would have break......go on stand still speed up again and kimi was at least 2 sec ahead


so first 1s then 1-2 now 2. this is going right where i said it was :cool: (fun fact: the gap prior to rain starting was at 1.6 seconds)

yep. put gravel back on. see we do agree on something!

but hey if there was anyone who abused tarmac run off it was God Kimi. at least i dont think any SPA layout redevelopment projects started yesterday afternoon.

Image


well lewis went out on the same corner as well, the only difference was he joined the track earlier than kimi.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2008, 17:06  
GP2 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 01 Jan 2007, 23:52
Posts: 310
Location: Malta - the island with 0 motorsport
exactly my point! lol

sorry if i annoyed you TA. but i cant help read certain things without posting back.

_________________
Image
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2008, 17:07  
F1 Champion
User avatar

Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Posts: 11852
Location: Tilburg
Country: Netherlands (nl)
Lauda reckons that the events of Spa underline the need for permanent race stewards who attend every GP.

"I think the first thing that should happen is to try to train stewards of the meeting to understand the sport and the issues that drivers need to know," he said.

"If you change them all the time, then new people are coming in who don't seem to have a clue."

He believes the stewards misinterpreted Hamilton's actions and thought he had placed his McLaren advantageously when letting Raikkonen back through.

"They understood the rules, but they thought that the slipstream was the advantage and that Lewis did not lift enough," said Lauda.

"This is completely wrong: there was no slipstream involved.

"He tried to pass on the left but Kimi moved over, then he passed on the right because he braked later - without any slipstream.

"It's unbelievable how the best driver in yesterday's race makes no mistakes and only gets six points."

Source: http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?id=43875 ITV-F1

This man drove for Ferrari!! He is completely right, this decission has got to be cancelled, give the man his victory!! It is a DISGRACE!!

_________________
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2008, 17:10  
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Posts: 25503
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
i thought they said there wasnt slipstreaming now cos of 'dirty air' - therefore there would be no advantage gained!

_________________
F1Zone.net News
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2008, 17:19  
car driver

Joined: 08 Sep 2008, 17:11
Posts: 8
im not with hamilton and i even hate him but still i was sad to see that great victory taken from him .. if it was me id just go kill the stewards and leave f1 :O :huh:
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2008, 17:25  
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 26 Oct 2007, 13:46
Posts: 1866
Location: Finland
McLaren's appeal might not be admissible:
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 4353.shtml

What Massa thinks about the incident:
"What Lewis did is the sort of thing that can happen, but I think he was maybe a bit too optimistic in thinking he could just hand back the position, albeit only partially to Kimi and then immediately try and pass him again.

"Incidents like this have often been discussed in the official driver briefings when it has been made absolutely clear that anyone cutting a chicane has to fully restore the position and also any other eventual advantage gained.

"If Lewis had taken the chicane correctly, he would never have been able to pass Kimi on the very short straight that follows it. That was my immediate opinion after seeing the replay. Maybe if Lewis had waited and tried to pass on the next straight, that would have been a different matter."

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2008, 17:28  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 10 Apr 2007, 18:30
Posts: 5873
Location: Pasig City, Metro Manila PH
Country: Philippines (ph)
i guess that seals the deal....maybe for lewis, it's inexperience. let this be a lesson for him from now on. :D

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2008, 17:34  
F1 Champion
User avatar

Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Posts: 11852
Location: Tilburg
Country: Netherlands (nl)
McLaren is going to appeal at the ICA (International Court of Appeal), that's the highest court in the autosport, they have nothing to do with the FIA. Maybe they will make the only right decission to give the win back to the man who really deserves it: Lewis Hamilton...

_________________
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2008, 17:41  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 10 Apr 2007, 18:30
Posts: 5873
Location: Pasig City, Metro Manila PH
Country: Philippines (ph)
i really can't see it as an advantage, given the conditions at that time where it was damp - in a sense, it would be kimi who has the advantage because being in the lead would be risky at that moment as the driver in the lead would have to gauge the track conditions. oh well, i guess rules will be rules....

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2008, 18:08  
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Posts: 25503
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
just thinking... this means that Massa won a wet race!!!

_________________
F1Zone.net News
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2008, 18:35  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 05 Apr 2008, 09:57
Posts: 1506
phil1993 wrote:
just thinking... this means that Massa won a wet race!!!


Yes that is some thing really surprising.I wonder a driver of Ferrari with so much nice abilities how can he struggle in wet.Massa might prove us wrong in future

_________________
Desire has no limits
Image
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2008, 18:37  
F1 Legend
User avatar

Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 15:50
Posts: 23702
Location: North Pole
Country: Northern Mariana Islands (mp)
phil1993 wrote:
just thinking... this means that Massa won a wet race!!!

Nope he was barely moving last 2 laps :O
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1559 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101 ... 104  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
Jump to:  

F1Zone.net is proudly powered by phpBB