It is currently 20 Sep 2017, 03:52

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1559 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 104  Next

Who will win the 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix ?
Poll ended at 07 Sep 2008, 15:34
Lewis Hamilton 25%  25%  [ 22 ]
Felipe Massa 33%  33%  [ 29 ]
Kimi Räikkönen 31%  31%  [ 27 ]
Robert Kubica 6%  6%  [ 5 ]
Heikki Kovalainen 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Nick Heidfeld 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Jarno Trulli 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Fernando Alonso 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Mark Webber 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Timo Glock 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 87
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix
PostPosted: 07 Sep 2008, 18:55  
F1 Driver

Based on the video, I can say Lewis barely lifted off in the start-finish straight and immediately got into Kimi's slipstream. I can now say he gained an advantage but still punishment doesn't fix the crime.

And more, Lewis' view:
Quote:
It began to rain. I caught Kimi and I got a good tow from him down the back straight and I was in a good position to dive down the inside at turn 18. He covered his spot, which was fair, but he braked very, very early, so I was able to outbrake him and go round the outside which I did. I left him enough room, I didn't close the gap so much that he had to go on a kerb, I left him enough room, yet he accelerated or picked up more pace going into the corner, and drove me as wide as he possibly could.

I had no road left. There was a question I had to ask: if I stay where I am, I'm going to go over the Astroturf… there's some green bit behind the big kerb, the last kerb… and go over it and hit him. Or I go left. That was the option I had to do, I did it. I knew that I had to let him past and also the team came over the radio and said 'you have to let him past' which I did. I was accelerating so that I didn't lose too much ground because I thought that would be unfair.

Fortunately I got back in his slipstream and again, he moved to the inside and back to the outside and again, I dodged him and went up the inside and at the apex to the corner he hit me at the back, and that nearly caused me to spin, but fortunately I kept hold of it and went on from there. That was a great fight and I don't think there was anything wrong there. The rules say you should let him back past which I did.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2008, 18:57  
F1 Champion

discuss Lewis undeserved penalty here please
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3248
:thumbsup:

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2008, 18:57  
GP2 Driver

errr he was right behind him though. so if anything if he did follow him round the chichane he wouldve spent 2 seconds longer in the slipstream.

fact of the matter is kimi was nowhere under breaking. just look at from how far lewis came before the chichane.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2008, 18:59  
GP2 Driver

Zack wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70rXr2Mkq_M[/youtube]

Please refrain from making any incorrect statement or judgement and try to be neutral.

Note: Not the best angle of it, for example it seems to show Lewis directly behind the Ferrari getting a slipstream off it, which TV cameras showed was not actually the case. We also can't see exactly where Kimi was, and the shot lengthens the Ferrari as it is on the left side of the car.

ILLEGAL FERRARI BOOST BUTTON!

Lewis didnt lift yet kimi still managed to get past!

oh. oops. didnt read that line there. apologies.

/sarcasm

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2008, 19:01  
F1 Driver

After seeing the video i can say that Hamliton barley lifted and then as soon let kimmi through and as kimmi came in front Hamliton was in slipstream of kimmi,We have seen many times when a f1 have backed off there is a small gap between them but in todays race where it is?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2008, 19:04  
GP2 Driver

the gap was in Kimi's braking. if there werent those conditions and if i wanted to be Stefano Domenicali extreme i would even argue that Kimi brake tested lewis.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2008, 19:14  
car driver

Looking the vidieo you can see that Hamilton took advantage so he deserves the penalty.

Last edited by etapia on 07 Sep 2008, 19:29, edited 2 times in total.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2008, 19:16  
F1 Routinier

joostlamers wrote:
Just got the confirmation:
Hamilton CAN get back his well deserved 10 points...

how???
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2008, 19:22  
F1 Legend

shame the rain came so late, it would have been interesting if the last 10 laps had been wet and determined whether people pitted for wets or drys -Hock 2000 style-

it's quite clear that Hamilton moved around the rear of Raikkonen before passing him into the first corner, so at some point the entirety of the Ferrari was ahead of the entirety of the McLaren (otherwise they would have obviously crashed broadside) - if he crashed into kimi so people will ask why he didn't cut the chicane :p
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2008, 19:23  
F1 Rookie

he can raise an objection....

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2008, 19:23  
F1 Routinier

Zack wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70rXr2Mkq_M[/youtube]

Please refrain from making any incorrect statement or judgement and try to be neutral.

Note: Not the best angle of it, for example it seems to show Lewis directly behind the Ferrari getting a slipstream off it, which TV cameras showed was not actually the case. We also can't see exactly where Kimi was, and the shot lengthens the Ferrari as it is on the left side of the car.

well lewis doent look like he was giving the way to kimi. i think there should be a rule like if you cut a chicane the you have to let the other driver got hrough for like 2 or 3 corner and then you are allowed to attack them.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2008, 19:38  
F1 Driver

Hamilton was pushed in the first place so he has every right not to be 50 car lengths behind. Hamilton had the corner and was pushed wide.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2008, 19:41  
Kart Champion

Well deserved punishment.
http://colunas.globoesporte.com/files/1 ... i_blog.jpg
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2008, 19:43  
F1 Legend

Kimi's Interview After his crash :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hvDGTFwLUI
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2008, 19:46  
car driver

I've watched it over and over again, its true lewis gave up the lead but lets be honest,

Quote:
OK, this is alright, so I began to accelerate but slowly. I don't believe I was full throttle, I was waiting for him to accelerate past which he did.

He's saying that he waited till kimi past him then he was in full throttle, that just can't be true. There is no way lewis would've delayed full throttle that long and still manage to stay that close to him and overtake him right in the next turn, and I know how good the mclarens are in wet conditions. I mean the moment kimi's car was completly ahead of lewis "or lewis giving up the lead!!" he attacked him and got passed him, so he did have an unfair advantage by having full throttle perhaps while they were side by side !!.
 Offline Profile  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1559 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 104  Next