It is currently 24 Oct 2017, 02:12

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1559 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 104  Next

Who will win the 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix ?
Poll ended at 07 Sep 2008, 15:34
Lewis Hamilton 25%  25%  [ 22 ]
Felipe Massa 33%  33%  [ 29 ]
Kimi Räikkönen 31%  31%  [ 27 ]
Robert Kubica 6%  6%  [ 5 ]
Heikki Kovalainen 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Nick Heidfeld 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Jarno Trulli 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Fernando Alonso 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Mark Webber 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Timo Glock 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 87
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix
PostPosted: 07 Sep 2008, 17:19  
F1 Legend

phil1993 wrote:
Monza 2006: Alonso :" I no longer consider F1 a sport" - he is 110% correct.

Nice :thumbsup: , we spent many hours of our weekend to watch a bent sport.

[mod]Please don't Try to attack other Members , its not their Fault[/mod]
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2008, 17:23  
GP2 Driver

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70402

Mclaren will appeal.

who wants to bet theyll be penalised for bringing the sport into disrepute? :)

F1 Driver

Just to add to that: Two warnings today already. Don't let yourself be the third!!

Don't personally attack people.

iceman, sorry if that message is aimed at me, but i speak my mind and if people feel insulted im sorry. but its the way i feel and what i want people to know. I'm thinking of sending a letter to itv or bbc to try and get it read out on air to persuade people to boycott F1. Im thinking of boycotting Monza and others, even ferrari fans should. i know they wont, but imagine if massa got a penalty in europe, i would have felt damn sorry for the guy. no-one, not even ferrari (this coming from a life long mclaren fan since pre-kimi days) should have a race taken from them after the chequered flag falls. because when the flag falls, the race finishes, not 3 hours after it

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2008, 17:25  
GP2 Driver

phil1993 wrote:

Now when a race finishes we'll wait a year for the official results. The last time a driver was demoted from the victory was 1999 Malaysia i think when fearrari were DQ-ed for something that was illegal and then re-instated.

Of course he's correct, he's always correct. :O

But yes I agree with you - to take away a victory in retrospect isn't something to be done lightly. It's bad for the "sport" if we can't trust the results, if the one we think is a winner in fact isn't a winner at all. Especially since Lewis didn't to anything that outrageous. The penalty is totally out of proportion.

Last edited by Suntrek on 07 Sep 2008, 17:26, edited 1 time in total.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2008, 17:25  
F1 Champion

phil1993 wrote:

Amen! Now they can keep searching, to give a penalty to Hamilton every race, and finally when Massa is the new World Champion, Hamilton can win again... A total farce!!! I just can;t live with the fact that Hamilton is now just 2 pts in front of Felipe, instead of 8!!! Taking away a victory, must feel worse than kicking a man in his guts.. from behind. But then 10 times worse

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2008, 17:29  

Yes, in the next race that Lewis wins or gets a podium, he should throw the trophy on the ground and walk off. That i would be very pleased to see.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2008, 17:29  
F1 Champion

TwistedArmco wrote:
Just to add to that: Two warnings today already. Don't let yourself be the third!!

Once again, I'm really sorry :blush: , I know I crossed the line :( , hope you guys don't kick me...

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2008, 17:31  
F1 Driver

If i have said any thing earlier then iam sorry too.
But to see the penalty and all the stuff Hamliton has lost points by which the one has no gain had no gain(kimmi) instead Massa is given the victory.....

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2008, 17:32  
F1 Driver

Penalty -if any- should be applied as a grid penalty, not effecting the race result itself. Hamilton turned out to be a fighter and bold last three laps with Kimi givind a spectecular show for fans and for sport. To me, what he did may be a mistake and b reach -i'm not totally sure but- not at that level to lose the first place. He could have got a grid penalty for Monza. Sorry for him.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2008, 17:34  
F1 Driver

Suntrek wrote:
joostlamers wrote:
phil1993 wrote:
BREAKING NEWS

McLaren's Lewis Hamilton was stripped of a dramatic victory in the Belgian Grand Prix after stewards handed him a 25-second post-race penalty.

I knew it!!!! NOW TRY TO DENY THAT THE FIA IS A NOT FERRARI COMPANY, Profanities NOT ALLOWED. Express your opinions without swearing. -az

We Alonso fans are used to this kind of unfair FIA decisions from 2006. You better get used to it too. :O

Now, I'll willingly admit I'm not especially fond of Lewis and that I hate McLaren's guts, (not Lewis') but I still think this is no way to end a race. Lewis won fair and square and since he didn't do anything REALLY out of order in the race it's not fair at all to change the result.

If anything they could have dropped him a couple of grid positions in the next race, that would have been quite sufficient. This penalty leaves a bad taste in my mouth. :pout:

I too believe Suntrek is right, Lewis need not be penalized with 25 seconds. A possible 5 second grid penalty would be more than enough ..
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2008, 17:36  

Well, what we can say is that Lewis Hamilton won the Belgian Grand Prix by overtaking Kimi Raikkonen who subsequently crashed out and then kept a cool head in the treacherous conditions, basically by his driving skills. The stewards added 25 seconds to his time. the end.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2008, 17:36  
GP2 Driver

tbh im surprised it wasnt 30. juts enough to give championship lead to reinmeister massa.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2008, 17:37  
GP2 Driver

joostlamers wrote:
TwistedArmco wrote:

Once again, I'm really sorry :blush: , I know I crossed the line :( , hope you guys don't kick me...

I can kick you in Real Life in few days at Monza :D .. dude we should meet up..

I'm totally lost after this race.. I had tears in my eyes when Kimi crashed, and now I'm even more sad coz he could've won it and closed on the lead a lot

ah well.. as a Kimi fan, and I'm sure most of us are used to live on the edge with Kimi's attempts on the championship.. 2003, 2005, 2007 (which he finally won) and now...

I can't help but feel negative at the moment, but I can say I'm happy for Massa, which opens the Massa subject!!!

WHAT THE HELL IS WITH HIM AGAINST KIMI'S OVERTAKING MOVE??? he has always squeezed Kimi like a rival enemy on race starts, and Kimi never complained... !!!! I hope Ferrari gets rid of him and brings Alonso on board, or Vettel
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2008, 17:39  

Ferrari have insisted that they did not lodge any official protest with the race stewards about the matter.

also, i think a 5 place penalty at Monza would have been harsh, but fairer than a penalty now, as he celebrated the race win, had the national anthem and the glory. And massa now gets the win and not the glory, which isnt the way you want to win. Massa is a nice guy but he wouldnt want to win like this.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1559 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 104  Next