2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix

Locked

Who will win the 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix ?

Poll ended at 07 Sep 2008, 15:34

Lewis Hamilton
22
25%
Felipe Massa
29
33%
Kimi Räikkönen
27
31%
Robert Kubica
5
6%
Heikki Kovalainen
0
No votes
Nick Heidfeld
2
2%
Jarno Trulli
1
1%
Fernando Alonso
1
1%
Mark Webber
0
No votes
Timo Glock
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 87

User avatar
ScuderiaFan
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 471
Joined: 03 Aug 2008, 08:07
Location: ferrari cockpit

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix

Post by ScuderiaFan » 07 Sep 2008, 14:40

let us wait till the stewards take thier decision .. what took them so much ??
Image
Remember this one "A Formula 1 race without Ferrari cars is useless" ScuderiaFan

User avatar
JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion
Posts: 11852
Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Location: Tilburg
Contact:

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix

Post by JoostLamers » 07 Sep 2008, 14:40

blizzard wrote:Hamilton is the luckiest F1 driver of all time! Not only did he suffer not a SINGLE technical failure since he entered F1, no his opponents eliminate themselves, even if Lewis makes 2 mistakes in a race he wins it, because they are just too weak.

The only guy who is good and tough enough to beat him is Fernando, but he´s in a bad car.

Senna or Michael would destroy the 2008 Lewis Hamilton.

hhahahahahahahahaha, yeah right, how old are you, 87? When everything smelled better, and it rain less, come on dude
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image

User avatar
Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Posts: 4153
Joined: 27 Jun 2007, 15:26
Location: Bombay
Contact:

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix

Post by Zack » 07 Sep 2008, 14:40

First of all we don't know what the investigation is about. One assumes it was the incident between Kimi and Lewis at the chicane. First of all, Lewis was ahead at the chicane and he got pushed wide. He definitely was in the lead coming out of the chicane, we immediately radioed him to let Kimi past. We let Kimi past and then overtook him again before the line.

Inevitably, we wanted to know whether we had actually, that was deemed to be a correction of that, and we checked with Charlie [Whiting, Race Director], of course Charlie can only give an opinion, he's not the stewards, but he gave an opinion that we had complied properly to the regulations. I would even dispute that there was any fault because we had the corner in the chicane, but even if we didn't have the corner we let Kimi back in the lead."
Ron Dennis
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1405
Joined: 03 Jan 2008, 21:04

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix

Post by Fergie1 » 07 Sep 2008, 14:42

shail69 wrote:
phil1993 wrote:
blizzard wrote:Hamilton is the luckiest F1 driver of all time! Not only did he suffer not a SINGLE technical failure since he entered F1, .


Let me stop you there and cast your mind back to around 5.30pm on 21st October 2007. Hamilton, still on course for the title, has a gearbox problem and coasts down to 18th before fighting back to 7th. Seems like a technical problem to me.

that wasent necessarily a gearbox problem, people were speculating that was because of the lock up when he was behind alonso.

Yes locking a brake causes your engine to cut out.
How come (almost) everyone locks brakes every race and their engine/gearbox doesn't cut out?
Last edited by Fergie1 on 07 Sep 2008, 14:42, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 793
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:44
Location: I don't know.

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix

Post by sejtur » 07 Sep 2008, 14:42

So you say that Lewis is the best driver ever?

edit: to joostlamers

on other topic: i remember an incident with alonso in the past with letting someone pass, and immediately pass again. He got a penalty for that if i remember right.
Last edited by sejtur on 07 Sep 2008, 14:44, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Raja
car driver
car driver
Posts: 16
Joined: 12 Dec 2007, 15:18

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix

Post by Raja » 07 Sep 2008, 14:43

what a Race! Unbeleviable how cool Lewis Hamilton stayed. Poor Kimi, but that's motor racing. Congratulations to Lewis and Nick Heidfeld also! :) He drove on P3
Last edited by Raja on 07 Sep 2008, 14:47, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 793
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:44
Location: I don't know.

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix

Post by sejtur » 07 Sep 2008, 14:45

Raja wrote:what a Race! Unbeleviable how cool Lewis Hamilton stayed. Poor Kimi, but that's motor racing. Congratulations to Lewis and Nick Heidfeld also! :) He dove on P3


Yup I totally agree, this was realy motor racing, to the limit and over it.
Image

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1405
Joined: 03 Jan 2008, 21:04

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix

Post by Fergie1 » 07 Sep 2008, 14:46

sejtur wrote:So you say that Lewis is the best driver ever?

edit: to joostlamers

on other topic: i remember an incident with alonso in the past with letting someone pass, and immediately pass again. He got a penalty for that if i remember right.

Suzuka 05. That was more cock up on the stewards part I believe as he let the guy past, overtook him again but the FIA said let him past again, Alonso did so but the FIA then said he didn't need to.

Anyone notice Hamilton's impression of Lee of the UK series of The Apprentice? Noticeably without the swears of course.
Last edited by Fergie1 on 07 Sep 2008, 14:48, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 6531
Joined: 11 May 2008, 09:03
Location: Classified

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix

Post by shailf1 » 07 Sep 2008, 14:47

Fergie1 wrote:
shail69 wrote:
phil1993 wrote:
blizzard wrote:Hamilton is the luckiest F1 driver of all time! Not only did he suffer not a SINGLE technical failure since he entered F1, .


Let me stop you there and cast your mind back to around 5.30pm on 21st October 2007. Hamilton, still on course for the title, has a gearbox problem and coasts down to 18th before fighting back to 7th. Seems like a technical problem to me.

that wasent necessarily a gearbox problem, people were speculating that was because of the lock up when he was behind alonso.

Yes locking a brake causes your engine to cut out.
How come (almost) everyone locks brakes every race and their engine/gearbox doesn't cut out?

that was because what happened there was an exception and we do not see those every time.

User avatar
sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 793
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:44
Location: I don't know.

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix

Post by sejtur » 07 Sep 2008, 14:47

yea that was probably it, Fia makes weird decisions sometimes.
Image

Raja
car driver
car driver
Posts: 16
Joined: 12 Dec 2007, 15:18

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix

Post by Raja » 07 Sep 2008, 14:48

sejtur wrote:
Raja wrote:what a Race! Unbeleviable how cool Lewis Hamilton stayed. Poor Kimi, but that's motor racing. Congratulations to Lewis and Nick Heidfeld also! :) He dove on P3


Yup I totally agree, this was realy motor racing, to the limit and over it.


Yes and as it started to race it was very exciting, too. Nice to see how Hamilton and Räikkönen spinnes on wet track :)

User avatar
shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 6531
Joined: 11 May 2008, 09:03
Location: Classified

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix

Post by shailf1 » 07 Sep 2008, 14:48

sejtur wrote:So you say that Lewis is the best driver ever?

edit: to joostlamers

on other topic: i remember an incident with alonso in the past with letting someone pass, and immediately pass again. He got a penalty for that if i remember right.


yeah i was about to say the same although i dont remember the exact race.

User avatar
phil1993
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 25503
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Contact:

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix

Post by phil1993 » 07 Sep 2008, 14:48

Constructors Championship:

01 Ferrari 129
02 McLaren-Mercedes 123
03 BMW Sauber 105
04 Toyota 42
05 Renault 36
06 Red Bull-Renault 24
07 Williams-Toyota 17
08 STR-Ferrari 17
09 Honda 14
10 Force India-Ferrari 0

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1405
Joined: 03 Jan 2008, 21:04

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix

Post by Fergie1 » 07 Sep 2008, 14:49

shail69 wrote:
Fergie1 wrote:
shail69 wrote:
phil1993 wrote:
blizzard wrote:Hamilton is the luckiest F1 driver of all time! Not only did he suffer not a SINGLE technical failure since he entered F1, .


Let me stop you there and cast your mind back to around 5.30pm on 21st October 2007. Hamilton, still on course for the title, has a gearbox problem and coasts down to 18th before fighting back to 7th. Seems like a technical problem to me.

that wasent necessarily a gearbox problem, people were speculating that was because of the lock up when he was behind alonso.

Yes locking a brake causes your engine to cut out.
How come (almost) everyone locks brakes every race and their engine/gearbox doesn't cut out?

that was because what happened there was an exception and we do not see those every time.

That makes no sense and you are clutching at straws.

User avatar
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend
Posts: 23702
Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 15:50
Location: North Pole
Contact:

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix

Post by iceman1 » 07 Sep 2008, 14:49

Difference's of opinion gentlemen so please don't let it get out of hand Please !

Locked