2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix

Who will win the 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix ?

Poll ended at 07 Sep 2008, 15:34

Lewis Hamilton
25%
Felipe Massa
33%
Kimi Räikkönen
31%
Robert Kubica
6%
Heikki Kovalainen
No votes
Nick Heidfeld
2%
Jarno Trulli
1%
Fernando Alonso
1%
Mark Webber
No votes
Timo Glock
No votes

Total votes: 87

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix

Post by TwistedArmco » 10 Sep 2008, 15:24

Glad you enjoyed it Fergie, because it's certainly not biased. It portrays both Ferrari and McLaren's respective downfalls, and Massa's "granny driving" with equal vigour.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

Tommi
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Tommi » 10 Sep 2008, 15:27

Fergie1 wrote:What amazes me in this thread is the common logic of some. You can't lift off and gain momentum. Its imposssible.
Yes you can... :roll::

Hamilton also had chance to take the chicane normally as you can see from videos, but he didn't want to lose the fight and cutted the chicane. -.-

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 10 Sep 2008, 15:42

I'm gonna throw up the race into my basin and it will be full of words of chicane, Hamilton and penalty.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

IraNik
kart driver
kart driver

Post by IraNik » 10 Sep 2008, 16:05

TwistedArmco wrote:Ok, I would recommend watching F1.com's very sarcastic, dark take on things at http://www.formula1.com/services/play_video.html..

It's highlights of the race, and then ususally at the end they show a happy garage full of mechanics, but with the pitwall cameras, they've made the story of the race very cleverly a Ferrari vs. McLaren rivalry thing with the select bits of film they put in. It's great.. Plus watch the end.. It's sardonically vicious.
haha, nice video TA. Really shows all the joy and the amazing nature of racing and then in the end you get the jamming of the monkeys.

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 10 Sep 2008, 16:17

f1.com race highlights are usually good.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 10 Sep 2008, 16:22

Lewis loses his bottle

As if losing the Belgian Grand Prix win wasn’t enough, Lewis Hamilton now finds himself under the scrutiny of something far worse than the F1 stewards – the Belgian Health and Safety Board.

The BHSB is unhappy that in wet and slippery conditions on the podium, Hamilton dropped a half-full bottle of champagne to a team mechanic some 13 feet below him.

Apparently this is about as dangerous as things get in Belgium and the authorities are taking a very dim view of the incident.

Ferrari’s Felipe Massa was also seen dropping his bottle but was deemed not to have gained an advantage, so will not face punishment.

Reports indicate that the BHSB are pressing for a hefty fine, a 10-place grid demotion and another drive-through penalty for good measure for Hamilton at the next race in Monza.
(its a joke, okay)

IraNik
kart driver
kart driver

Post by IraNik » 10 Sep 2008, 16:23

my parting words for the incident:

there is absolutely no sportsman on this planet that did not get hugely irritated by what happened in Belgium. the only people that are content with the most perverted decision in F1 (and maybe sports history, if you are generous enough to consider F1 a sport) are victims of blind fanaticism.

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 10 Sep 2008, 16:27

Tommi wrote:
Fergie1 wrote:What amazes me in this thread is the common logic of some. You can't lift off and gain momentum. Its imposssible.

Hamilton also had chance to take the chicane normally as you can see from videos, but he didn't want to lose the fight and cutted the chicane. -.-
Don't flare this whole thing up again. I was on the verge of bannings last time. No personal insults, no matter how small they may seem. He has an opinion, you have yours, try to disprove theirs with evidence.. Not petty insults. - TA

You can't not lose speed and gain momentum. In any situation. Its basic physics.

You can''t lose speed and gain momentum.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 10 Sep 2008, 16:35

Fergie1 wrote:
Tommi wrote:

You can't not lose speed and gain momentum. In any situation. Its basic physics.

You can''t lose speed and gain momentum.

I think youve overstepped the mark there fergie, ive agreed with you about items privately but this is insulting a fellow member. sorry mate but i think youve gone too far

Correct - TA

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 10 Sep 2008, 16:49

It wasn't intended as flame bait (honest), but looking at my post now I could of just left that out and still made my point. :blush:
No evidence is needed to back up myself up as its (to me) basic knowledge which led to my insult in the first place. You can't lose momentum and gain momentum at the same time. I don't understand what is so hard about that to understand?

But is momentum the issue? Or is the issue ground covered? That is not 100% certain. Allow Tommi to have his opinion. Even if he denies solid fact, just tell him the error of his ways nicely. Don't call him "thick". - TA

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by syncmaster » 10 Sep 2008, 19:02

Just saw the Race Review was a nice video.....just waiting for raptman to upload it
Desire has no limits

scermat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by scermat » 10 Sep 2008, 19:06

Spot on Fergie... specifically Sir Isaac's Newton's Laws of Motion. (the guy who had an apple fall on his head)

if you read his 2nd law... you'd think he actually saw the belgian GP (he died in 1720's btw)

"The change of momentum of a body is proportional to the impulse impressed on the body, and happens along the straight line on which that impulse is impressed."

say that he didnt give enough space. fair enough that's a valid opinion! but him having had more momentum would mean that lewis hamilton well and truly defies physics.

anyway, Pat symonds disagrees with stewards as well.

so far its Trulli, Ferrari, FIA vs Lauda, Symonds, Stuck, Stewart, and Sir Isaac Newton

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by syncmaster » 10 Sep 2008, 19:09

scermat wrote: so far its Trulli, Ferrari, FIA vs Lauda, Symonds, Stuck, Stewart, and Sir Isaac Newton
How Does Newton belong to this topic...lol
Desire has no limits

scermat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by scermat » 10 Sep 2008, 19:19

cause clearly, saying something ludicrous as "Hamilton kept his momentum to give him an advantage" means you're disagreeing with his laws of motion. and i have a hunch he wont like that (plus he'll give you tons of mathematical proofs on why he's right and you're not)

he must've been doing somersaults in his grave these past couple of days.

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 10 Sep 2008, 19:28

scermat wrote:cause clearly, saying something ludicrous as "Hamilton lost his momentum to give him an advantage" means you're disagreeing with his laws of motion. and i have a hunch he wont like that (plus he'll give you tons of mathematical proofs on why he's right and you're not)

he must've been doing somersaults in his grave these past couple of days.
I assume my fix is what you meant?