2008 FORMULA 1 European Grand Prix

Locked

Who will win the 2008 FORMULA 1 European Grand Prix ?

Poll ended at 24 Aug 2008, 16:50

Lewis Hamilton
21
28%
Kimi Räikkönen
29
38%
Felipe Massa
18
24%
Robert Kubica
4
5%
Nick Heidfeld
0
No votes
Heikki Kovalainen
0
No votes
Jarno Trulli
0
No votes
Fernando Alonso
3
4%
Mark Webber
0
No votes
Timo Glock
1
1%
 
Total votes: 76

User avatar
shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 6531
Joined: 11 May 2008, 09:03
Location: Classified

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 European Grand Prix

Post by shailf1 » 23 Aug 2008, 19:25

lealjaime wrote:
The pole position slot for the European Grand Prix has been switched to the right side of the track ahead of this weekend’s first race in Valencia.


the right side of the track get more grip or what... because if not...... its a great help for hamilton :<>:

:s :<>: :pout:

its almost like give the pole to hamilton

by the way ferrari was .200 sg faster than mclaren, i miss my prediction for .100 :shhh:

its actually good for massa because the right side is on the racing line and you get to be on the inside line for turn 1 and turn 2.in gp2 the guy in q3 overtook the guy in q2 so i hope kubica can overtake hamilton at the start.

and about kimi's last flying lap in q3. did he make mistake somewhere or was it just because he was slow.

turkishstyler
car driver
car driver
Posts: 8
Joined: 27 May 2008, 18:19

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 European Grand Prix

Post by turkishstyler » 23 Aug 2008, 19:34

i saying massa win the grand prix

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1405
Joined: 03 Jan 2008, 21:04

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 European Grand Prix

Post by Fergie1 » 23 Aug 2008, 19:45

joostlamers wrote:
Fergie1 wrote:So why did Kovalainen gut punished in France?

yep, you're completely right, I get your point :s

what?
shail69 wrote:
Fergie1 wrote:So why did Kovalainen gut punished in France?

because glock blocking hiedfield did not affect things much because heidfield had time for another run but in france webber was in his last flying laps. so heikki got pennalised and glock did not.

In France Webber got another lap in and got through to Q2 or whatever.

User avatar
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend
Posts: 23702
Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 15:50
Location: North Pole
Contact:

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 European Grand Prix

Post by iceman1 » 23 Aug 2008, 20:36

The drivers don't expect much overtaking in the F1 race either

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/69982

User avatar
Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2476
Joined: 07 Oct 2007, 21:13
Location: Istanbul
Contact:

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 European Grand Prix

Post by Ali » 23 Aug 2008, 20:42

shail69 wrote:and about kimi's last flying lap in q3. did he make mistake somewhere or was it just because he was slow.

Autosport wrote:Q. What happened in qualifying today? And is there a relation between what happened today and in the last few races - as you seem to have a problem in the last 10 minutes?

Kimi Raikkonen: The lap wasn't probably what I wanted exactly, but I cannot change it any more. It wasn't very easy, but that is life. We are still in fourth place. It is not exactly what I wanted but I think we have a good pace for the race.

Q. Is there a reason for the problem in sector two, where you seem to have a problem?

KR: I was slow and that was it. I don't need to start telling you what happened on the lap. We were not fast enough.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

User avatar
shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 6531
Joined: 11 May 2008, 09:03
Location: Classified

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 European Grand Prix

Post by shailf1 » 23 Aug 2008, 21:15

iceman1 wrote:The drivers don't expect much overtaking in the F1 race either

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/69982


no one is mentioning the last corner but i think there will be some overtaking in there as well.

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1405
Joined: 03 Jan 2008, 21:04

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 European Grand Prix

Post by Fergie1 » 23 Aug 2008, 21:45

shail69 wrote:
iceman1 wrote:The drivers don't expect much overtaking in the F1 race either

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/69982


no one is mentioning the last corner but i think there will be some overtaking in there as well.

It will have to be a banzai though,(Ali don't read on) as it only happened in GP2 as Grosjean's tyres were knackered.

User avatar
syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1506
Joined: 05 Apr 2008, 09:57

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 European Grand Prix

Post by syncmaster » 24 Aug 2008, 02:48

shail69 wrote:
iceman1 wrote:The drivers don't expect much overtaking in the F1 race either

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/69982


no one is mentioning the last corner but i think there will be some overtaking in there as well.



yes there are two three places where overtaking can be done
Desire has no limits
Image
Image

User avatar
ScuderiaFan
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 471
Joined: 03 Aug 2008, 08:07
Location: ferrari cockpit

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 European Grand Prix

Post by ScuderiaFan » 24 Aug 2008, 06:37

really hard to predict which one is gonna be the first champion for this race .. really wish to see Massa or Kimi both in today's podium .. it's been a while since we've seen the scuderia on the top of the podium
Image
Remember this one "A Formula 1 race without Ferrari cars is useless" ScuderiaFan

User avatar
Haukinen
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 967
Joined: 07 Oct 2007, 11:43
Location: Finland, Arctic Circle

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 European Grand Prix

Post by Haukinen » 24 Aug 2008, 07:10

Vettel wins... trust me :roll::
Image
Image

"F1 won't change me" -Jenson Button, just weeks before dumping his girlfriend of five years and buying a Ferrari

fabcesc
car driver
car driver
Posts: 15
Joined: 24 Aug 2008, 07:48

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 European Grand Prix

Post by fabcesc » 24 Aug 2008, 07:57

i'm surprised by the atmosphere

User avatar
hannibal_rising
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 914
Joined: 19 Feb 2008, 16:29

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 European Grand Prix

Post by hannibal_rising » 24 Aug 2008, 08:19

I've just heard in the Italian Television that the change on the side of the poleman was a decision taken by the pilots in the meeting before the Qualification, not by the the FIA after it. They also said that could be a good thing for Massa.... and let's say it.. they are Ferrari's fans of the blind type... :)

There was rain again during the night.. so bye bye grip. And it won't be too warm nor cold at the hour of the race... 28°C

I just hope a lot of overtakings... But pilots say that it won't be possible that easy...

Flag:##

karkai6
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 41
Joined: 05 Apr 2008, 12:56

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 European Grand Prix

Post by karkai6 » 24 Aug 2008, 08:43

It does nt seem to have significant elevation changes i thought..

User avatar
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend
Posts: 23702
Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 15:50
Location: North Pole
Contact:

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 European Grand Prix

Post by iceman1 » 24 Aug 2008, 09:29

08:05 A short, sharp shower around 04:00 local time this morning soaked the circuit, lifting a little of the Formula One rubber from the racing surface.

The early support races today have taken place on a drying circuit with damp patches off the racing line and on the extra tarmac run-off areas.
We should be clear of rain for the rest of the day, with bright sunshine currently over the circuit and clear skies. The track has dried out and the remaining support races, and of course the Formula One Grand Prix, should take place in glorious conditions.

The maximum temperature today will reach 29 degrees Celsius with track temperatures pushing just over 40 degrees as the sun beats down on the new surface.

Lemans3
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 72
Joined: 08 Aug 2008, 09:46

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 European Grand Prix

Post by Lemans3 » 24 Aug 2008, 10:02

We´ve seen very nice overtaking by both Lewis and Felipe on eachother. Sometimes Lewis is quicker, sometimes Felipe, but what I like is that both of them let eachother "live". Nice battles!
It´s going to be an exciting race I guess!
Safetycar situations may tumble things around, but to be honest, I think it is unfair that a built up gap dissapears when a sc comes out.

good luck everybody!

Locked