2008 FORMULA 1 European Grand Prix

Who will win the 2008 FORMULA 1 European Grand Prix ?

Poll ended at 24 Aug 2008, 16:50

Lewis Hamilton
28%
Kimi Räikkönen
38%
Felipe Massa
24%
Robert Kubica
5%
Nick Heidfeld
No votes
Heikki Kovalainen
No votes
Jarno Trulli
No votes
Fernando Alonso
4%
Mark Webber
No votes
Timo Glock
1%

Total votes: 76

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 European Grand Prix

Post by swca92 » 24 Aug 2008, 20:26

I hope after today all teams that dangerously release their cars will be penalised,including Ferrari if it happens again.However considering the complaints there will be about the FIA setting precedents with not punishing Massa in the race and only fining him I doubt they will do so.Incidentally why was Massa fined? I know the team will probably pay his fine but as it was the team's fault they should officially be fined,not Massa.And seriously,where does this money go to? I don't believe it all goes to FIA's safety campaigns,I've never seen an FIA safety campaign anywhere.

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 24 Aug 2008, 21:25

Fergie1 wrote:
sanredrose wrote:Spa has never let me down in terms of action and drama and i don't expect to be a boring race this year !
Did you miss last years race then? :p
Yeah i didn't see last year's race

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 24 Aug 2008, 21:30

swca92 wrote:I hope after today all teams that dangerously release their cars will be penalised,including Ferrari if it happens again.However considering the complaints there will be about the FIA setting precedents with not punishing Massa in the race and only fining him I doubt they will do so.Incidentally why was Massa fined? I know the team will probably pay his fine but as it was the team's fault they should officially be fined,not Massa.And seriously,where does this money go to? I don't believe it all goes to FIA's safety campaigns,I've never seen an FIA safety campaign anywhere.
I am seriously sick of FIA's actions .. They want Valencia to host a street circuit GP ( state funded ! ) but they won't give their ears to listen to FA's request for 1 min silence. A min's silence would cost FIA nothing in terms of TV revenue or any bulls*** they are concerned about .. FIA is setting precedents on how to become an arrogant and useless organization which supposedly is heading all the motorsport activities of the world !!

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 24 Aug 2008, 21:32

sanredrose wrote:
Fergie1 wrote:
sanredrose wrote:Spa has never let me down in terms of action and drama and i don't expect to be a boring race this year !
Did you miss last years race then? :p
Yeah i didn't see last year's race
Haha don't watch it then or it will let you down. No crashes, no spins, no SC's and a Ferrari 1,2.

Did people notice the Spanish flags on the drivers helmets? Massa had one, not sure about everyone else. They came up with it in the drivers breifing.

The no to the minute silence is f**k**g appalling.

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 24 Aug 2008, 22:13

Fergie1 wrote: Haha don't watch it then or it will let you down. No crashes, no spins, no SC's and a Ferrari 1,2.

Did people notice the Spanish flags on the drivers helmets? Massa had one, not sure about everyone else. They came up with it in the drivers breifing.

I believe in Ferrari. They can provide the necessary action needed for the race .. As one of the members has a signature - " No race is interesting w/o a Ferrari " - definitely Valencia would have been much more boring if Ferrari didn't provide the on-track & pit lane action !

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 24 Aug 2008, 22:27

Massa might use 'joker' engine change for Spa
[b][u]ManipeF1[/u][/b] wrote:Ferrari should consider playing his so-called engine "joker" after quickly remedying the car's reliability problems, Valencia winner Felipe Massa said on Sunday. After the Brazilian's V8 unit failed within three laps of the chequered flag in Budapest three weeks ago, his teammate Kimi Räikkönen had a similarly smoky exit to the European grand prix.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 25 Aug 2008, 07:34

Massa used the same kind of engine as he used in Hungary so Ferrari is really in trouble with their reliability problems. I wonder what has gone wrong since they're not really supposed to touch the engine that much and it's worked fine since Australia?

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 25 Aug 2008, 08:33

In this season, I barely remember an engine blow up from any team, except Ferrari and Toro Rosso in Aussi GP who also used Ferrari engine. Kimi's engine blow may be triggered by the faulty pit exit maybe causing a failure in some mechanical parts but the fact lies between Hamilton's lines regarding reliability: "We can focus on developing the car rather than worrying about reliability which is a bonus for us."
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

ScuderiaFan
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ScuderiaFan » 25 Aug 2008, 08:34

sanredrose wrote:
Fergie1 wrote: Haha don't watch it then or it will let you down. No crashes, no spins, no SC's and a Ferrari 1,2.

As one of the members has a signature - " No race is interesting w/o a Ferrari "
someone just Called my name :O
Remember this one "A Formula 1 race without Ferrari cars is useless" ScuderiaFan

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 25 Aug 2008, 08:56

Ali wrote:Kimi's engine blow may be triggered by the faulty pit exit maybe causing a failure in some mechanical parts
I don't think so. It looked similar to Massa's engine blow up and Ferrari believes that it was the same problem. Kimi just left a bit too early from the pits and I don't see how anything mechanical part could have been broken there.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 25 Aug 2008, 10:12

Unfortunately, i missed the action on friday/sat/sun was busy Local festival "Krishna Janmashtami" :O ...aftermath is body pain :n

Amazing ..Massa FTW :shhh:

[sarcasm]
Pit incident ...
omg Karun chandok was given drive thru penalty for similar reason :p WTF! :n
[/sarcasm]
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

senna74
car driver
car driver

Post by senna74 » 25 Aug 2008, 10:20

MiguelRfactorF1 wrote:Massa is the best driver now in the F1 , you can see the videos of massa in youtube, he is the best!
Massa reminds of a DAMON HILL in his best days with Williams, he was unbeattable when the car was perfect and was driving in the first place (that's what hapenned to Massa in most of his races, turkey , bahrain even hungary he did snatch first place at the first corner end then bye-bye lewis); but when he struggles, podium finishes are even a harder task for him..

The big boys races are coming (spa, monza, suzuka and interlagos), and I do'nt expect him to do well in those races, sorry :)

scermat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by scermat » 25 Aug 2008, 13:20

hes usually done well in interlagos though

in fact im pretty sure no one is gonna match kimi at SPA.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 25 Aug 2008, 13:22

senna74 wrote:The big boys races are coming (spa, monza, suzuka and interlagos), and I do'nt expect him to do well in those races, sorry :)
Are you sure about Interlagos ? :O

syafiqa
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by syafiqa » 25 Aug 2008, 13:26

We cant said that kimi have lost his momentum to fight for the WDC. :s
His winning track is coming, I believe Kimi will back at Spa. :cool:
Just to remind, he hold the fastest lap record there and 3 times back to back winner at Spa. :wave:
I dont think anyone even massa or hamy could easily beat him. :p

Eventhough massa have done 'crazily' good job for ferrari now, Everyone was 'crazily' praise him with his mesmorize performances. I dont think I should also become 'crazy' to change my favourite driver just because Kimi unable to perform 'crazily' good job
instead he shows his 'crazy' terrible performances. ::oops:;

I think I like the words 'crazy' today :@:2