2008 FORMULA 1 Hungarian Grand Prix

Locked

Who will win the 2008 FORMULA 1 Hungarian Grand Prix

Poll ended at 27 Jul 2008, 17:50

Lewis Hamilton
16
37%
Felipe Massa
10
23%
Kimi Räikkönen
12
28%
Robert Kubica
3
7%
Nick Heidfeld
1
2%
Heikki Kovalainen
0
No votes
Jarno Trulli
0
No votes
Mark Webber
0
No votes
Fernando Alonso
1
2%
Rubens Barrichello
0
No votes
Jenson Button
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 43

User avatar
TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2010
Joined: 30 May 2008, 18:44

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Hungarian Grand Prix

Post by TwistedArmco » 04 Aug 2008, 09:29

joostlamers wrote:So well done Hamilton in Qualifying, for setting the fastest lap with more fuel then Massa


Yep, the MacMercs sure were good in Quali trim. Heikki did rather well as well.. Less than a tenth per lap heavier than Hamilton behind.

However Felipe got it just right at the start. I think someone above made the point that if Massa hadn't taken Hamilton at the start, then Hamilton would have easily won the race.. They're right. But since Massa did, it's now academic.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

User avatar
AzShadow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1866
Joined: 26 Oct 2007, 13:46
Location: Finland

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Hungarian Grand Prix

Post by AzShadow » 04 Aug 2008, 10:10

Heikki would have fought for the pole again, but as always, he was given the supporting strategy.
Image

User avatar
shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 6531
Joined: 11 May 2008, 09:03
Location: Classified

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Hungarian Grand Prix

Post by shailf1 » 04 Aug 2008, 10:37

joostlamers wrote:So well done Hamilton in Qualifying, for setting the fastest lap with more fuel then Massa

Ya But in qualifying press conference massa said he was stuck in traffic in his outlap;. Remember that ted said massa left the pit last but while setting the laptime hamilton was the last. So he had to overtake hamilton in his outlap. Thats why i wanted to see his outlap.

dacer
Donator
Donator
Posts: 590
Joined: 20 Jun 2007, 15:42
Location: Almeria, Spain

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Hungarian Grand Prix

Post by dacer » 04 Aug 2008, 11:01

I was looking pit stop times, looking why Raikkonen was faster than Alonso. But seems there are some problem with kimi times, because he is not listed:
from here:
http://www.fia.com/hungarygp/timing.htm
Race pit stop sumary
Kimi does not appears!!! (seems like he did't pit never)
F1 website, has same problem

Ok, now let's see lap times
Look lap times with P (pit stop), look everyone:
RAIKKONEN (Lap 23) 1:48.614 and (52) 1:43.921
MASSA (Lap 19) 1:47.227 and (Lap 45) 1:47.046
HEIDFELD (Lap 42) 1:49.742
KUBICA (Lap 19) 1:50.761 and (Lap 51) 1:47.019
ALONSO (Lap 23) 1:49.195 and (Lap 51) 1:47.032
PIQUET (Lap 26) 1:50.175 and (Lap 55) 1:47.777
ROSBERG (Lap 31) 1:57.179 and (Lap 59) 1:45.250
COULTHARD (Lap 30) 1:46.956 and (Lap 54) 1:45.455
WEBBER (Lap 19) 1:48.446 and (Lap 48) 1:46.684
TRULLI (Lap 24) 1:50.012 and (Lap 54) 1:44.800
GLOCK (Lap 21) 1:53.239 and (Lap 48) 1:46.059
HAMILTON (Lap 20) 1:47.878 and (Lap 42) 1:48.471
KOVALAINEN (Lap 22) 1:50.142 and (Lap 49) 1:45.756

Massa, Kubica, Alonso, Piquet, done 1:47:xxxx after second stop. Hamilton 1:48 (lap 42 he must have a lot of fuel). Kovalainen 1:45 and lap 49, that's very good. Trulli 1:44, lap 54. But Raikkonen on lap 52 done 1:43. This is 5 second faster than Alonso and many others!!!.

User avatar
shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 6531
Joined: 11 May 2008, 09:03
Location: Classified

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Hungarian Grand Prix

Post by shailf1 » 04 Aug 2008, 11:22

his time was just 2 seconds less than the others. maybe the pit guys did well

dacer
Donator
Donator
Posts: 590
Joined: 20 Jun 2007, 15:42
Location: Almeria, Spain

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Hungarian Grand Prix

Post by dacer » 04 Aug 2008, 11:25

yes but we don't have pit stop sumary for kimi, it's a pity

User avatar
hannibal_rising
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 914
Joined: 19 Feb 2008, 16:29

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Hungarian Grand Prix

Post by hannibal_rising » 04 Aug 2008, 12:49

From a Brazilian Journal:

Image

:cheezy: :wave:

User avatar
phil1993
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 25503
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Contact:

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Hungarian Grand Prix

Post by phil1993 » 04 Aug 2008, 13:09

Toyota now eyes first win in Formula One
After scoring its second podium finish of the season the Toyota Formula 1 team now eyes its first victory in Formula One since it entered the sport in 2002. Timo Glock scored the team's second podium place in Hungary but it was also the German's first podium finish in F1.

The Toyota F1 team was obviously extremely pleased with Glock's performance in Hungary. The German started the race from fifth and finished the race in second position. Toyota F1's team principal Tadashi Yamashina said: "I really can't find the words to celebrate this result, the best of our season. We had a few difficulties in practice but during qualifying the drivers pushed themselves to the limit and things got better and better. Today Timo did a fantastic race. We saw immediately that his car was quick and his third stint was almost perfect. He was under threat from Kimi but he was quick in the third sector and he was able to fend him off.

"My thanks go out to the whole team and everyone working in the factory. I'm very appreciative of all their hard work and next we will aim for the centre of the podium."

Timo Glock scored Toyota's eighth finish on the podium. His team mate Jarno Trulli was the first Toyota driver to finish on the podium when the Italian finished second in the 2005 Malaysian Grand Prix.



didn't they say this after Trulli finished on the podium in Malaysia 2005?! what do you guys think? can they win? and if so, when?

User avatar
shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 6531
Joined: 11 May 2008, 09:03
Location: Classified

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Hungarian Grand Prix

Post by shailf1 » 04 Aug 2008, 13:39

2009 is going to be one heck of a seaason.
Ferrari and Mclaren : as usual fighting for championship
Renault:They have already improved a lot from first race and at this rate they would be on race winning pace in 2009
BMW: they won a race in this season and they will try to win WDC or WCC next year.
RED Bull: Vettel is doing so good this year with a STR, wonder what will he do with a red bull. podiums for sure, maybe wins.
Toyota: As said above eyeing for a win with trulli and glock looking good.
Honda : With Ross Brawn, they will challenge for podiums
Williams: Fighting for points and maybe podiumn but not win.
Toro Rosso:Well Nothing really about this team. Stuck in midfield and trying out rookies
Force India: Maybe this team would be able to catch the Honda and Toro Rosso.

And MAybe 1 or 2 new teams.

hannibal_rising wrote:From a Brazilian Journal:

Image

:cheezy: :wave:

That is funny

User avatar
jagevall
car driver
car driver
Posts: 18
Joined: 20 Jul 2008, 01:23
Location: Halmstad, Sweden

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Hungarian Grand Prix

Post by jagevall » 04 Aug 2008, 13:46

what new teams ?

url ?
Ronnie Peterson, a super swede without fear! One of the sports most skilled driver.

User avatar
phil1993
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 25503
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Contact:

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Hungarian Grand Prix

Post by phil1993 » 04 Aug 2008, 13:51

there is a possibility that Prodrive may try to enter next year (they were meant to enter this year but pulled out) but this seems unlikely due to the ban on customer cars. The silly season has also sparked up a rumour that a 2nd Honda team, 'American Honda' may enter but this seems unlikely. check en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Formula_One_Season

User avatar
Arrows_F1
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 869
Joined: 13 Feb 2008, 14:07
Location: Hamburg, Germany

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Hungarian Grand Prix

Post by Arrows_F1 » 04 Aug 2008, 13:54

phil1993 wrote:
Toyota now eyes first win in Formula One
After scoring its second podium finish of the season the Toyota Formula 1 team now eyes its first victory in Formula One since it entered the sport in 2002. Timo Glock scored the team's second podium place in Hungary but it was also the German's first podium finish in F1.

The Toyota F1 team was obviously extremely pleased with Glock's performance in Hungary. The German started the race from fifth and finished the race in second position. Toyota F1's team principal Tadashi Yamashina said: "I really can't find the words to celebrate this result, the best of our season. We had a few difficulties in practice but during qualifying the drivers pushed themselves to the limit and things got better and better. Today Timo did a fantastic race. We saw immediately that his car was quick and his third stint was almost perfect. He was under threat from Kimi but he was quick in the third sector and he was able to fend him off.

"My thanks go out to the whole team and everyone working in the factory. I'm very appreciative of all their hard work and next we will aim for the centre of the podium."

Timo Glock scored Toyota's eighth finish on the podium. His team mate Jarno Trulli was the first Toyota driver to finish on the podium when the Italian finished second in the 2005 Malaysian Grand Prix.



didn't they say this after Trulli finished on the podium in Malaysia 2005?! what do you guys think? can they win? and if so, when?


They wanted it all time. Toyota's position in F1 was clear. they said, they wanted podiums and wins and some day the constructeur championship. it always seemed that they wanted to do big things, but they never had done so (except 2005, maybe). For this season it has to be a very chaotic race, if Toyota wants to win a race.
Maybe the can do more next season, if they go the right way, toyota will be strong then, if not it will happen like 2006 and on: after their fabulous 2005 season they were sturggling in 2006 and even more in 2007.
Image

User avatar
jagevall
car driver
car driver
Posts: 18
Joined: 20 Jul 2008, 01:23
Location: Halmstad, Sweden

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Hungarian Grand Prix

Post by jagevall » 04 Aug 2008, 13:59

Thanks for that info! A couple of more cars and it's almost back to the 70ies :P
Ronnie Peterson, a super swede without fear! One of the sports most skilled driver.

User avatar
Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 498
Joined: 30 Jul 2007, 23:32
Location: Sweden

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Hungarian Grand Prix

Post by Suntrek » 04 Aug 2008, 15:07

dacer wrote:yes but we don't have pit stop sumary for kimi, it's a pity


Indeed. I've also been looking for them trying to find out how he could have passed, but F1.com and FIA is completely ignoring the World Champion. Maybe his pit timing didn't work? :huh:

You can look here though.

http://www.f1matrix.it/gp_2008_eng/index.html

click on "Hungary" and "head to head" and compare Kimi to Alonso. Kimi's pit stop lap was almost 1 sec faster than Alonso's. And Alonso's outlap was a tiny wee bit too slow. Unfortunately. I think he hit a bit of traffic, though (Webber?) And maybe he also didn't want to push too much on cold supersoft tyres, Renault is NOT an especially tyre-friendly car. :sad:
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1405
Joined: 03 Jan 2008, 21:04

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Hungarian Grand Prix

Post by Fergie1 » 04 Aug 2008, 15:20

Suntrek wrote:
dacer wrote:yes but we don't have pit stop sumary for kimi, it's a pity


Indeed. I've also been looking for them trying to find out how he could have passed, but F1.com and FIA is completely ignoring the World Champion. Maybe his pit timing didn't work? :huh:

You can look here though.

http://www.f1matrix.it/gp_2008_eng/index.html

click on "Hungary" and "head to head" and compare Kimi to Alonso. Kimi's pit stop lap was almost 1 sec faster than Alonso's. And Alonso's outlap was a tiny wee bit too slow. Unfortunately. I think he hit a bit of traffic, though (Webber?) And maybe he also didn't want to push too much on cold supersoft tyres, Renault is NOT an especially tyre-friendly car. :sad:

I believe Kimi's transponder was broken.

Locked