Jenson Button
No votes

Total votes: 43

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Hungarian Grand Prix

Post by JoostLamers » 28 Jul 2008, 21:11

they are copying eachother all the time :p That's competition.
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 28 Jul 2008, 23:44

shail69 wrote:mclaren also have got the antler wings like bmw.I think that will also be copied. honda also had something like that hanging around in their front wing.
I think BMW antler wings look a little different. But Mclaren's antlers resemble Honda. Its inevitable that visual aspects of a car can be easily copied and tested ! There is no hiding the fact in this !

So we can rightly say Red Bull leads the aero development for shark fin engine cover, BMW & Honda for antlers & Ferrari for a slotted nose cone ! Even that would be copied very soon and tested by teams !

McLaren-Mercedes
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by McLaren-Mercedes » 29 Jul 2008, 01:25

I think it will be a close fight between Ferrari and McLaren, but Lewis will win with another great drive :cheezy:
It would be great if Heikki finds the speed that he had till the French GP. His performances in Silverstone and Hockenheim were pretty poor...

syafiqa
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by syafiqa » 29 Jul 2008, 04:41

Hmm...I've read newspaper today... raikkonen might choose rally racing after his retired from f1.

His still do not make any decision either he want to continue his contract with ferrari after 2009 or not. :sad:

He said eventhough he is not in f1 anymoree, his still can go to the other racing field. And he loved to try rally racing.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 29 Jul 2008, 09:06

syafiqa wrote:Hmm...I've read newspaper today... raikkonen might choose rally racing after his retired from f1.

His still do not make any decision either he want to continue his contract with ferrari after 2009 or not. :sad:

He said eventhough he is not in f1 anymoree, his still can go to the other racing field. And he loved to try rally racing.
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 2220.shtml :thumbsup:
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 29 Jul 2008, 09:14

1. Ferrari set to race 'shark fin' in Hungary
F1live wrote:In Hungary this weekend, Ferrari will debut the so-called 'shark fin' engine cover it tested at Jerez last week, according to the Italian sports daily La Gazzetta dello Sport.
2. Renault stay realistic despite podium
Autosport wrote:Renault's chief of engineering Pat Symonds says the French squad are staying realistic about the fight ahead of them despite their podium finish in Germany.
3. Coulthard to use same engine for third consecutive weekend
Automoto wrote:In a very unusual move, the Red Bull Racing team have decided to use the same engine in David Coulthard’s RB4 for a third race weekend in a row. Even though the power unit didn’t do a lot of mileage in Silverstone with David being knocked out of contention on the opening lap, he completed the entire German GP weekend, crossing the line in thirteenth place.
4. Hungarian Grand Prix snapshot
GP-update wrote:Similar to Monaco, the Hungaroring is a tight and twisty race track at which the drivers have to manage 14 slow speed corners over just one 4.3km lap. Combined with some of the shortest straights on the calendar, a maximum downforce package and a well balanced car are essential to achieve a competitive lap time.

5. Hungarian GP: preview with 6 video's
F1Complete wrote:Formula 1 is on its way to the Hungaroring for the 23rd time and thousands of fans are again eagerly awaiting the race. A good grid position is decisive at the start here more than anywhere else, as the circuit offers few opportunities to overtake.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

syafiqa
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by syafiqa » 29 Jul 2008, 09:16

Thankz..joostlamers :cheezy:

I wonder if people in this forum could understand what I have wrote here.

Coz English is not my first language.. :nosweat:

premier
kart driver
kart driver

Post by premier » 29 Jul 2008, 11:43

It is really time to see the real Kimi!!!!!!!!! :pray:

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 29 Jul 2008, 12:45

thanks xyneid for the updates :)

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 29 Jul 2008, 12:57

syafiqa wrote:Thankz..joostlamers :cheezy:

I wonder if people in this forum could understand what I have wrote here.

Coz English is not my first language.. :nosweat:
Yeh, of course I understood. I just think if Kimi gets bored F1, he immediately should leave it like Juan Pablo did before. It would be a torture for both himself and us watching a driver who in fact doesn't want to drive. There are lots of young lads waiting for a seat like S. Vettel, B. Senna.

Personally I am (nearly was) a Kimi fan from his days in McLaren but in Ferrari I do not that trust him than in McLaren as he seems to me he fed up all these PR's, press thing and huge demands. He just can't concentrate racing at least for this season. Also in the previous season, I don't think Kimi won the title, Lewis and McLaren did lose it. Although I was ecstatic at that time when Kimi was WDC, now I feel like he's much closer than ever to say "call it a day" at the end of 2009 (or even 2008).

And Iceman, I always serve you sir :nosweat:
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

F1Zone93
kart driver
kart driver

Post by F1Zone93 » 29 Jul 2008, 16:08

McLaren is currently very fast and Hamilton won here last year. So I guess Hamilton is going to win, but of course I hope a Ferrari driver will see the chequered flag first.

But I'm not really excited about the Hungaroring, the races there aren't that good as e.g. in Melbourne or Montréal.

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 29 Jul 2008, 16:19

F1Zone93 wrote: But I'm not really excited about the Hungaroring, the races there aren't that good as e.g. in Melbourne or Montréal.
I agree. Apart from the odd race,the Hungaroring consistently provides dull,uninteresting races that send viewers to sleep. A new track's being built for Moto GP and maybe F1 can go there in the future. When tracks like Imola and Spa have been got rid of (Spa not permanently of course) and this track stays it hacks me off

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 29 Jul 2008, 16:35

xyneid wrote: Yeh, of course I understood. I just think if Kimi gets bored F1, he immediately should leave it like Juan Pablo did before. It would be a torture for both himself and us watching a driver who in fact doesn't want to drive. There are lots of young lads waiting for a seat like S. Vettel, B. Senna.

Personally I am (nearly was) a Kimi fan from his days in McLaren but in Ferrari I do not that trust him than in McLaren as he seems to me he fed up all these PR's, press thing and huge demands. He just can't concentrate racing at least for this season.
Although I was ecstatic at that time when Kimi was WDC, now I feel like he's much closer than ever to say "call it a day" at the end of 2009 (or even 2008).

And Iceman, I always serve you sir :nosweat:
If you read his few past interviews ..your thinking exactly opposite ... http://www.f1zone.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2979
Q: What is the difference between Ferrari and the other teams?

Kimi: I like it, I enjoy more than before. Every team is different. Sauber from McLaren, McLaren from Ferrari. They are teams from different countries. If you go from one English team to another the difference isn't that big, but if you change country it is. The working methods are different. I enjoy it here, the people are nice, the atmosphere is fantastic, they take care of you...A good team and a good car.

Q: They give you freedom?

Kimi: Yes, and that's one of the main reasons I left my former team (McLaren) Here they let me live my real life.
its just kimi is under focus now :|
Also in the previous season, I don't think Kimi won the title, Lewis and McLaren did lose it.
none of Ferrari supporters would agree with that.Its already discuss many times .. i wouldn't like to go in that.
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 29 Jul 2008, 17:02

Ferrari to drive the shark fin in Hungary: