Rubens Barrichello
No votes
Jenson Button
No votes

Total votes: 43

phil1993

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Hungarian Grand Prix

Post by phil1993 » 03 Aug 2008, 14:39

Fergie1 wrote: it didn't stop me jumping around when I saw Kovalainen was going to win.
ditto :roll:: :p

Lilellatho
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lilellatho » 03 Aug 2008, 14:42

Hey, does everyone find it extremely curious how lucky Lewis always seem to be, even when having problems. I mean here he is in 2nd place, destroys a tyre close to his pit window and is able to continue and just when you think he is about to lose the lead in the champ, kaboom goes Massa's engine and in the end he finishes 5th.

In Monaco again, he loses it, destroys a tire, has to make an early pitstop and then one lap later the safety car comes out. :blink:

Canada, he makes an ass of himself in the pitlane by missing a red light but surprise-surprise, he manages to take out his main championship rival in the process.

Plus he's never had a terminal mech failure in his car, ever. For someone who's supported Kimi for so long and is used to everything really, it just seems bizzarre.

Anyway, rant over...

ric.rios
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ric.rios » 03 Aug 2008, 14:43

iceman1 wrote:lool Raikkonen wins Hungarian Grand Prix
http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryPage ... trParentID

Here's a Quote :
Formula One: Raikkonen wins Hungarian Grand Prix
Finn Heikki Kovalainen secured his maiden Formula One motor racing victory in dramatic circumstances on Sunday when he won the Hungarian Grand Prix for the McLaren Mercedes team.
KKKKKKKK! :lol:
I don't believe...And the news exists.
Barrichello: 300 GP's
"Turbinado no pé, imbatível na fé, brasileiro é que é."

Lilellatho
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lilellatho » 03 Aug 2008, 14:44

Guys, does anyone know the engine cycles for this race or maybe a link to check? Don't know where to look for it.

Lilellatho
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lilellatho » 03 Aug 2008, 14:46

ric.rios wrote:

Here's a Quote :
Finn Heikki Kovalainen secured his maiden Formula One motor racing victory in dramatic circumstances on Sunday when he won the Hungarian Grand Prix for the McLaren Mercedes team.
KKKKKKKK! :lol:
I don't believe...And the news exists.
Ahahaha, seriously? Hey, but as you say, their names do have a lot of k's in them, LOL

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 03 Aug 2008, 14:47

Hamilton and Kovalainen were on E1, Coulthard was on E3!!! so that he doesnt have to do Monza and spa together, i dunno about the rest

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 03 Aug 2008, 14:51

Lilellatho wrote:Hey, does everyone find it extremely curious how lucky Lewis always seem to be, even when having problems. I mean here he is in 2nd place, destroys a tyre close to his pit window and is able to continue and just when you think he is about to lose the lead in the champ, kaboom goes Massa's engine and in the end he finishes 5th.

Plus he's never had a terminal mech failure in his car, ever. For someone who's supported Kimi for so long and is used to everything really, it just seems bizzarre.
Yeah, the luck isn't shared fairly. :P Kimi's mechanical failures always happen at the worst possible time. Hamilton has them at a more convenient point of the race or he can even benefit from his mistakes like in Monaco.

That's racing. Massa knows now too how it feels like.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 03 Aug 2008, 14:52

ric.rios wrote:

Here's a Quote :
errr .. :nosweat: stupid noobs

I m frustrated ATM :tired:
This is going change lot of things for Massa now :|
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 03 Aug 2008, 14:52

Lilellatho wrote:Guys, does anyone know the engine cycles for this race or maybe a link to check? Don't know where to look for it.
Nice to see you again, welcome back :)

Btw, Heikki managed what other two Fin fellows Kimi and Mika couldn't in their first McLaren years by winning in his first season.

Code: Select all

Driver	Engine	Gearbox
Kimi Raikkonen	E1	G4
Felipe Massa	E2	G2
Nick Heidfeld	E1	G3
Robert Kubica	E2	G2
Fernando Alonso	E2	G4
Nelson Piquet	E2	G2
Nico Rosberg	E1	G1
Kazuki Nakajima	E1	G3
David Coulthard	E1 *	G2
Mark Webber	E1	Opt G3
Jarno Trulli	E2	G2
Timo Glock	Opt E2	G1
Sebastien Bourdais	E2	G4
Sebastian Vettel	E2	G4
Jenson Button	E2	G1
Rubens Barrichello	E1	G1
Adrian Sutil	E1	G4
Giancarlo Fisichella	E2	G4
Lewis Hamilton	E1	G4
Heikki Kovalainen	E1	G3
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

Lilellatho
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lilellatho » 03 Aug 2008, 14:54

Suntrek wrote:
And then I just wonder - since Kimi was doing so much better on the soft tyres, why didn't they put them on for two stints for him and not only one? :huh:
Yeah, Suntrek, sometimes I also wonder about the bizarre strategies Ferrari come up with these days.

And why on earth was Kimi so much heavier that massa? 4 laps was it? :blink: Ridiculous If it was just a lap or two, he would have probably qualified ahead of Kubi and Glock, and on this track those two place would have been crucial, but nooo, he just has to get stuck behind slower cars. I mean wtf? :blink: Just get Ross Brawn back in there, cause it seems Baldiserri and the like are in over their heads

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 03 Aug 2008, 14:54

Here's a Quote :
rofl :nosweat:

Mitsuro Sano
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Mitsuro Sano » 03 Aug 2008, 14:55

raikkonen4ever wrote: and what's wrong with the fuel nozzle? Bourdais, Barrichello and Trulli had a fiery moment, even Bourdais had been struck by fire twice
For Bourdais, the second time is to avoid fire lol!

It's a nice race, wonderful drive for Glock, happy to see Kovalainen win his first GP. Massa is very unlucky, after making a fabulous start and increasing the gap to Hamilton, having an engine failure with 3 laps to go is very unlucky, it's a bit like Hakkinen in Spain 2001.

When Hamilton had his puncture, the F~0~M showed the Map with Massa, Hamilton and Kovi, and I wondered why, all of sudden, Hamilton was far from Massa!

A very bad week-end for Vettel too.

:wave:

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 03 Aug 2008, 14:58

Glock enjoys 'unbelievable' race

Timo Glock has scored eight valuable points for his team Toyota and the Formula One championship by finishing second in the Hungarian Grand Prix. Having only scored points in Canada so far his podium comes as a welcome gift for the 26-year-old German.

Speaking about his podium finish Timo Glock said after the race: "This is just unbelievable. I couldn't believe it when I saw Massa's engine blow and I was racing in second position. I was under pressure from Raikkonen and I was struggling quite a lot but I had a really good car. It was perfect until the last stint. Unbelievable… in my first year in Formula 1."

syafiqa
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by syafiqa » 03 Aug 2008, 14:59

Lilellatho wrote:Hey, does everyone find it extremely curious how lucky Lewis always seem to be, even when having problems. I mean here he is in 2nd place, destroys a tyre close to his pit window and is able to continue and just when you think he is about to lose the lead in the champ, kaboom goes Massa's engine and in the end he finishes 5th.

In Monaco again, he loses it, destroys a tire, has to make an early pitstop and then one lap later the safety car comes out. :blink:

Canada, he makes an ass of himself in the pitlane by missing a red light but surprise-surprise, he manages to take out his main championship rival in the process.

Anyway, rant over...
Now he maybe still get a little bit of luck in his unlucky situation.
But remember last year..in the last two races..
He loss anything...and in the end he got nothing. :nosweat:
For hamilton fans, dont get upset to me..I'm just answering this guy who is not asking me.. :p
Last edited by syafiqa on 03 Aug 2008, 15:03, edited 1 time in total.

Lilellatho
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lilellatho » 03 Aug 2008, 15:02

xyneid wrote:
Lilellatho wrote:Guys, does anyone know the engine cycles for this race or maybe a link to check? Don't know where to look for it.
Nice to see you again, welcome back :)

Btw, Heikki managed what other two Fin fellows Kimi and Mika couldn't in their first McLaren years by winning in his first season.
Thanks, Xyneid, feels nice to be back. :wave: Finally got back to a more normal schedule. :cool:
And thanks for the info.

Oh s***, now Kimi has to use this engine for the next race too. And he pushed it quite hard in the end. And he used his joker. Plus, it was quite hot, and with Massa's problem I don't know about he next race. Oh plese God, not another weekend a la McLaren for Kimi.
*touches wood*

Oh and don't get me wrong, I'm happy for Heikki, but one has to say his race pace was again, um, not quite there yet, was it? :roll::