9 points: I loved it!
8%
8 points: Oh that was great!
14%
7 points: It was pretty good.
20%
6 points: It wasn't bad.
20%
5 points: Eh there where parts that weren't very good, though!
6%
4 points: It could have been a lot better.
4%
3 points: I didn't really like it
8%
2 points: It was awful!
2%
1 point: Very Bad
6%

Total votes: 51

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Re: Rate the German Grand Prix (2008)

Post by JoostLamers » 24 Jul 2008, 08:07

1-Best Driver - Lewis Hamilton!! Of course :thumbsup:
2-Best Team - McLaren
3-Best overtaking - Hamilton for the lead, on Piquet !yahoo:
4-best Moment - The pace of the Ferrari's :nosweat: :cheezy:
5-worst driver & worst team - Alonso, Ferrari
6-Best Rookie - Piquet of course :thumbsup:
7-The most surprising moment - Better situation for Hamilton after the SC, than before, with Massa 3rd instead of 2nd :nosweat:
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 24 Jul 2008, 09:55

And by the way, to all those haters: McLaren did NOT use teamorders!! Of course they didn't, think about it: The FIA can tap down all the contact the teams had, so also the contact between Heikki and his team. If they did use teamorders, they would have been punished already. It's like using doping in the Tour de France, you will get caught, so why should you do that...

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 24 Jul 2008, 10:33

I would contest that, joost. MacMerc used team orders to an accpetable level, just as Ferrari did at Japan 2006, where Massa's slow in-laps/pitstop/out-laps got him behind Michael, and in the sme way that renault told Fernando to let Fisico past at Indy in 2006, when FA was struggling like hell with his car, and when Fisico was flying.

It was team orders, but not to an illegal extent. On the one hand, Kovy was clearly slower, on the other hand he deliberately ran wide.

Kovalainen wasn't too happy about it afterwards, which proves that he was ordered to do it, but no other team/driver complained, and Kovy was ok with it on reflection, and so we can conclude that it was the type of team orders that almost everyone uses.

Btw. I'm not too happy with losers. I've changed it to haters. That's not as insulting and more fitting.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

Arrows_F1
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Arrows_F1 » 24 Jul 2008, 16:59

1-Best Driver - Lewis Hamilton
2-Best Team - McLaren
3-Best overtaking - Hamilton - Massa
4-best Moment - Piquet on podium, vettel to red bull
5-worst driver & worst team - rosberg (i expected more of him) & Honda
6-Best Rookie - wow, that was hard to decide..., lets tage Piquet :nosweat:
7-The most surprising moment - piquet nearly on top, risky strategy of hamilton, webber engine failure
8-Comments - Glock's crash kind of rescued the situation of the race in points of tension, before his crash the race was rather boring. also hamilton's strategy made the race more interesting in the end. however, it wasn't a race like monaco or canad which i would point out at the end of the season

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 24 Jul 2008, 17:30

1-Best Driver - Lewis Hamilton
2-Best Team - McLaren
3-Best overtaking - Hamilton on Massa
4-best Moment - Flag:## victory for McLaren
5-worst driver & worst team - Raikkonen/Ferrari
6-Best Rookie - Piquet, luck or no luck..a 2nd place is a 2nd place
7-The most surprising moment - ???
8-Comments - legitimize team orders as it was before, the fia should adopt something like a #1 driver per team, the quicker driver as per lap times or something like that, so there won't be anymore fuss about team-orders, etc.

palino
kart driver
kart driver

Post by palino » 24 Jul 2008, 17:48

1-Best Driver - Piquet
2-Best Team - McLaren
3-Best overtaking - Hamilton overtakes Massa
4-best Moment - Piquet's performance
5-worst driver & worst team - Raikkonen and Massa, Ferrari
6-Best Rookie - Piquet
7-The most surprising moment - Ferrari's performance

hannibal_rising
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by hannibal_rising » 25 Jul 2008, 08:54

1-Best Driver: Hamilton... King of Germany...
2-Best Team: McLaren I guess... but just for Hamilton's performance.... Heikki didn't do much..
3-Best overtaking: Hamilton overtaking Massa... and Massa trying to recover the position in the next curve...
4-best Moment: the same as Best overtaking
5-worst driver & worst team: Like everyone looks awful when there is a pilot running like Hamilton did in Germany... I was expecting more from a lot of them...
6-Best Rookie: Piquet... He arrived to first just for luck... but he could keep the position against almost all of the pilots... Vettel did a god job too.. quite agresive sometimes.
7-The most surprising moment: Hamilton not stopping during the safety car
8-Comments: About Glock's Crash... I hope they find out why the suspension did that... too dangerous. About Heikki letting Hamilton overtaking him. For sure Hamilton would have done it in one or two laps, and It is better if he wins the position, but I understand that the championship is pretty tight right now and Heikki is not playing a big role on it, but Lewis does. Last year championship was decided by one point... so, if you have just one pilot fighting for the championship in a tight championship... you have to do this kind of things... even if they are not pretty...

McLaren-Mercedes
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by McLaren-Mercedes » 27 Jul 2008, 01:10

1-Best Driver => Lewis Hamilton
2-Best Team => McLaren Mercedes
3-Best overtaking => Kovalainen on Kubica
4-best Moment => Lewis overtaking Massa after the SC period
5-worst driver & worst team => Alonso & Honda
6-Best Rookie => Piquet
7-The most surprising moment => Glock's horrific crash
8-Comments => Fantastic Race! Nothing else to say !yahoo:

koinek
kart driver
kart driver

Post by koinek » 27 Jul 2008, 02:10

I was really disgusted with Ferrari's performance at Hockenheim. Absolutely pathetic. It's one thing that McLaren was quicker but Kimi was genuinely awful all weekend. This is the world champion we're talking about. And Felipe "5-spin" Massa got beaten by Nelson Piquet Jr. :huh:

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 27 Jul 2008, 14:39

koinek wrote:I was really disgusted with Ferrari's performance at Hockenheim. Absolutely pathetic. It's one thing that McLaren was quicker but Kimi was genuinely awful all weekend. This is the world champion we're talking about. And Felipe "5-spin" Massa got beaten by Nelson Piquet Jr. :huh:
Relax, everyone has a got an off-weekend in the season, but I still think that the Ferrari's are quicker in the basics. But last race in Germany, they were totally off the pace. No SC would have meant that Hamilton would have been half a minute before Massa, no doubt about that I think...

Garrison
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Garrison » 28 Jul 2008, 00:28

1-Best Driver - Nick Heidfeld.
2-Best Team - BMW Sauber
3-Best Overtaking - Lewis Hamilton on Felipe Massa.
4-Best Moment - Nelson Piquet on podium.
5-Worst Driver & Worst Team - David Coulthard & Scuderia Ferrari.
6-Best Rookie - Nelson Piquet.
7-The Most Surprising Moment - Mark Webber continued on for a lap or two with obvious problems.

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 29 Jul 2008, 21:51

joostlamers wrote:Relax, everyone has a got an off-weekend in the season, but I still think that the Ferrari's are quicker in the basics. But last race in Germany, they were totally off the pace. No SC would have meant that Hamilton would have been half a minute before Massa, no doubt about that I think...
This season has been great for the medium teams, in that all top three teams have had at least one weekend where they were nowhere/had problems. It will be see-saw all the way.
I would opine however that the MacMerc is the stronger car atm, but maybe Hungary will be a boon for Ferrari.. after all, they were doing pretty well at Monaco.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 31 Jul 2008, 09:25

TwistedArmco wrote:
joostlamers wrote:Relax, everyone has a got an off-weekend in the season, but I still think that the Ferrari's are quicker in the basics. But last race in Germany, they were totally off the pace. No SC would have meant that Hamilton would have been half a minute before Massa, no doubt about that I think...
This season has been great for the medium teams, in that all top three teams have had at least one weekend where they were nowhere/had problems. It will be see-saw all the way.
I would opine however that the MacMerc is the stronger car atm, but maybe Hungary will be a boon for Ferrari.. after all, they were doing pretty well at Monaco.
This season there were already 8 different teams on the podium, last year, over the whole year, it were just 6 teams... :thumbsup:
And I think McLaren will have the upper hand, Ferrari was doing pretty well yeah, but McLaren was doing better :p , Hamilton a minute away to the Reds, but than that stupid SC :sad:

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 31 Jul 2008, 13:55

joostlamers wrote:[And I think McLaren will have the upper hand, Ferrari was doing pretty well yeah, but McLaren was doing better :p
Only once the rain came down, and only for the extra pitstop that Lewis and MacMerc lucked into. No I reckon this could be the closest race in terms of Ferrari/MacMerc preformance since Spain this year.