2008 FORMULA 1 German Grand Prix

Who will win the 2008 German Grand Prix ?

Kimi Räikkönen
32
40%
Felipe Massa
11
14%
Lewis Hamilton
21
26%
Heikki Kovalainen
0
No votes
Nick Heidfeld
5
6%
Robert Kubica
6
7%
Jarno Trulli
0
No votes
Mark Webber
2
2%
Fernando Alonso
4
5%
 
Total votes: 81

User avatar
Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Posts: 4153
Joined: 27 Jun 2007, 15:26
Location: Bombay
Contact:

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 German Grand Prix

Post by Zack » 23 Jul 2008, 17:13

By showing stats we aren't questioning Lewis Credits... almost everyone here has accepted its was brilliant drive from him. :|

this are just statistics for you & me to see & just speculate something :lol:
This are only facts from race we have ... :wink:
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

User avatar
JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion
Posts: 11852
Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Location: Tilburg
Contact:

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 German Grand Prix

Post by JoostLamers » 23 Jul 2008, 17:43

What a worldclass drive by my man!! A Racingmasterclass to them all!! Go for the Hattrick in Hungary!!
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image

User avatar
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend
Posts: 23702
Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 15:50
Location: North Pole
Contact:

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 German Grand Prix

Post by iceman1 » 23 Jul 2008, 18:44

According to grandprix.com

The Safety Car went on longer than expected but Hamilton was ready. The only problem was one that went unseen by the TV cameras. Behind the Safety Car Lewis backed off a little to create some space between his car and the Safety Car in the kink between the Sachs Kurve and the final two corners. Hamilton put his foot down again but as he accelerated Maylander slowed. Eyewitnesses report that Hamilton only just managed to avoid impact with the back end of the Mercedes-Benz. Given what happened in Canada it would have a very different story if the McLaren had run into the back of a Mercedes in front of the German marque's home crowd.

mountford
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 51
Joined: 20 Jul 2008, 20:51

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 German Grand Prix

Post by mountford » 23 Jul 2008, 18:58

iceman1 wrote:According to grandprix.com

The Safety Car went on longer than expected but Hamilton was ready. The only problem was one that went unseen by the TV cameras. Behind the Safety Car Lewis backed off a little to create some space between his car and the Safety Car in the kink between the Sachs Kurve and the final two corners. Hamilton put his foot down again but as he accelerated Maylander slowed. Eyewitnesses report that Hamilton only just managed to avoid impact with the back end of the Mercedes-Benz. Given what happened in Canada it would have a very different story if the McLaren had run into the back of a Mercedes in front of the German marque's home crowd.
Takuma Sato>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>You

User avatar
shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 6531
Joined: 11 May 2008, 09:03
Location: Classified

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 German Grand Prix

Post by shailf1 » 23 Jul 2008, 19:14

dacer wrote:Hamilton, really was not faster as many of you said. 1st, He didn't do faster lap, was Heidfield. 2nd, a lot of driver can drive faster because he was behind other (for example, Alonso was behind Trulli, Kimi, Vettel and Webber, but never can push to get a good lap; kimi has the same problem; Massa is special)

POS NO DRIVER NAT ENTRANT TIME ON GAP KPH TIME OF DAY
1 3 N. HEIDFELD GER BMW Sauber F1 Team 1:15.987 52 216.700 15:14:54
2 22 L. HAMILTON GBR Vodafone McLaren Mercedes 1:16.039 17 0.052 216.552 14:24:49
3 1 K. RAIKKONEN FIN Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro 1:16.342 0.355 0.303 66 215.692 15:33:20
4 23 H. KOVALAINEN FIN Vodafone McLaren Mercedes 1:16.495 0.508 0.153 63 215.261 15:29:26
5 2 F. MASSA BRA Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro 1:16.502 0.515 0.007 19 215.241 14:27:34
6 4 R. KUBICA POL BMW Sauber F1 Team 1:16.610 0.623 0.108 17 214.937 14:25:08
http://www.fia.com/germanygp/documents/ ... t_Laps.pdf

Hamilton-Kova 1:16.495-1:16.039 = 0:00.456
HEIDFELD-Kubica 1:16.610-1:15.987 = 0:00:623

http://www.fia.com/germanygp/documents/ ... alysis.pdf
Hamilton second pit stop was on lap 51, and he overtake kovalainen on lap 52. Kovalinen lap 52, was 2 second slower than before. So Kovalainen had to stop for two second, to let Hamilton pass him
51 1:17.985
52 1:19.236
53 1:17.819
54 1:17.817

zack:
Germany Lap times data
Image
Image


well massa pace before the saftey car was good but after saftey car he had that brakes problem and his laptimes increased. this explains why his fastest lap time was 5th fastest overall. because everybody else set their personal fastest at the closing stages but massa had that problem.

User avatar
syafiqa
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 362
Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 01:38
Location: malaysia

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 German Grand Prix

Post by syafiqa » 24 Jul 2008, 04:27

Kimi wii going to extent his contract with ferrari until 2011???

Is it true??
Anyone knows :huh:

User avatar
Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1199
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 23:17
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 German Grand Prix

Post by Sanredrose » 24 Jul 2008, 07:00

I don't think i heard any such speculations ! I guess Alonso was planning to move there ! May be Kimi wants to spoil his party !

User avatar
Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1199
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 23:17
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 German Grand Prix

Post by Sanredrose » 24 Jul 2008, 07:01

But i guess the flying finn isn't too old to retire, so i don't see any reason as to why he shouldn't sign the contract with ferrari until 2014

damon5
car driver
car driver
Posts: 15
Joined: 21 Jul 2008, 09:24

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 German Grand Prix

Post by damon5 » 24 Jul 2008, 07:11

for now Kimi said that he doesn't know what he will do after 2009.
he said that driving with Alonso as teammate isn't a problem for him

User avatar
syafiqa
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 362
Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 01:38
Location: malaysia

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 German Grand Prix

Post by syafiqa » 24 Jul 2008, 07:32

I ask coz I read about this rumour on newspaper today.. :tired:

I think kimi is to early to retired....
28.. ''hmm''

User avatar
Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Posts: 4153
Joined: 27 Jun 2007, 15:26
Location: Bombay
Contact:

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 German Grand Prix

Post by Zack » 24 Jul 2008, 07:49

Complete All Drivers Lap time sheet.
laptime_08_Germany.pdf
:thumbsup:

Raikkonen might extend stay at Ferrari
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 0333.shtml

LOL --> http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 2429.shtml <-- LOL :lol:
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

User avatar
Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 498
Joined: 30 Jul 2007, 23:32
Location: Sweden

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 German Grand Prix

Post by Suntrek » 24 Jul 2008, 11:42

Zack wrote:Complete All Drivers Lap time sheet.
laptime_08_Germany.pdf
:thumbsup:

Raikkonen might extend stay at Ferrari
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 0333.shtml

LOL --> http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 2429.shtml <-- LOL :lol:


He also might not...:-)

The original rumour comes from Bild Zeitung and it's just one of many Alonso hate-articles, Kimi is hardly mentioned. In short - it's a piece of rubbish that some less serious F1 websites picked up on. Kimi might stay or he might not, but the Bild article is pure fantasy.

For those of you who know German (or take it through a translator) :

http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/motorspor ... stall.html
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

User avatar
TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2010
Joined: 30 May 2008, 18:44

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 German Grand Prix

Post by TwistedArmco » 24 Jul 2008, 13:13

Hah! That Bild article is so anti-Alonso.

Roughly translated, it goes something like this:

"No one wants Alonso!!

McLaren will never take him back, because of the mega-fallout of 2007.

Ferrari won't have him while Kimi Raikkonen is still at Ferrari, and Felipe Massa still has two years on his contract.

BMW boss Mario Theissen won't tolerate any annoyance in his
(metaphorical) house.

That means: no-one wants ex-champion Alonso.

The reason is clear. Alonso is only a trouble world-champion
(sic). He gets angry, doesn't go to meetings, and is critical of his team.."

Hmm? More than slightly unfair?

Now if someone wrote something so sensationalist and sweeping about any driver on here, I would raise my eyebrows. Bild is def. worse than the News of the World.

No one seems to accept that his Renault is down on power and down on traction, and on most weekends, is the 6th or 7th fastest car only in the field (i.e, only good for 11th downwards without retirements).

Alonso hasn't got angry since China, and I'm pretty sure that was sensationalized by MacMerc too. (Either their doors are pretty flimsy, or Alonso is preeety strong*.) He releases press statements as a disclaimer for the races, not to put down the team. They've done that enough to themselves already.
*EDIT: no Incredible Sulk jokes. :tired: I thought of that already.

Even if I read something like this about Seb Bourdais or Lewis Hamilton, I would dismiss it. Pure fantasy? Pure hate, more like.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

User avatar
Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1199
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 23:17
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 German Grand Prix

Post by Sanredrose » 24 Jul 2008, 13:34

TwistedArmco wrote:Hah! That Bild article is so anti-Alonso.

Roughly translated, it goes something like this:

"No one wants Alonso!!

McLaren will never take him back, because of the mega-fallout of 2007.

Ferrari won't have him while Kimi Raikkonen is still at Ferrari, and Felipe Massa still has two years on his contract.

BMW boss Mario Theissen won't tolerate any annoyance in his
(metaphorical) house.

That means: no-one wants ex-champion Alonso.

The reason is clear. Alonso is only a trouble world-champion
(sic). He gets angry, doesn't go to meetings, and is critical of his team.."

Hmm? More than slightly unfair?

Now if someone wrote something so sensationalist and sweeping about any driver on here, I would raise my eyebrows. Bild is def. worse than the News of the World.

No one seems to accept that his Renault is down on power and down on traction, and on most weekends, is the 6th or 7th fastest car only in the field (i.e, only good for 11th downwards without retirements).

Alonso hasn't got angry since China, and I'm pretty sure that was sensationalized by MacMerc too. (Either their doors are pretty flimsy, or Alonso is preeety strong*.) He releases press statements as a disclaimer for the races, not to put down the team. They've done that enough to themselves already.
*EDIT: no Incredible Sulk jokes. :tired: I thought of that already.

Even if I read something like this about Seb Bourdais or Lewis Hamilton, I would dismiss it. Pure fantasy? Pure hate, more like.


May be planet-f1 is better than this fellow Flag:##

User avatar
TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2010
Joined: 30 May 2008, 18:44

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 German Grand Prix

Post by TwistedArmco » 24 Jul 2008, 13:40

sanredrose wrote: May be planet-f1 is better than this fellow Flag:##


Bild is a sensationalist german newspaper, but Planet F1 will pick on any vague vague rumour/gossip to put in their articles/news. The PF1 article was basically a copy of the Bild article, so they are no better.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

Locked