2008 FORMULA 1 German Grand Prix

Who will win the 2008 German Grand Prix ?

Kimi Räikkönen
40%
Felipe Massa
14%
Lewis Hamilton
26%
Heikki Kovalainen
No votes
Nick Heidfeld
6%
Robert Kubica
7%
Jarno Trulli
No votes
Mark Webber
2%
Fernando Alonso
5%

Total votes: 81

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 German Grand Prix

Post by Zack » 11 Jul 2008, 12:27

But in basic Kimi is faster than Hamilton too :lol: :p
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

Ankit-Iceman
car driver
car driver

Post by Ankit-Iceman » 11 Jul 2008, 18:02

Kimi is fast in German tracks also but unfortunately he always gets into some trouble or the other ::oops:; I hope this time it will change. Kimi will not have any problems and will win this race + fastest lap too :shhh:

In Canada Kimi did well was waiting on pit entry for green light and stupid Hammo hit him :?
In French GP Kimi had race in control but then exhaust pipe somehow broke :x
In British GP Ferrari messed up Kimi race :sad:

I like this track and hopefully everything will go well. Last 3 races Kimi had great chance to win so may be in Germany it will happen this time Flag:##
Last edited by Ankit-Iceman on 11 Jul 2008, 18:14, edited 1 time in total.
If you want to win, get a Finn

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 11 Jul 2008, 20:19

no predictions yet as of now....but i think mclaren have an advantage. but definitely it would be an interesting race to watch...and most likely, boring also :D :D :D

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 11 Jul 2008, 20:46

Ankit-Iceman wrote:Kimi is fast in German tracks also but unfortunately he always gets into some trouble or the other ::oops:; I hope this time it will change. Kimi will not have any problems and will win this race + fastest lap too :shhh:

In Canada Kimi did well was waiting on pit entry for green light and stupid Hammo hit him :?

I like this track and hopefully everything will go well. Last 3 races Kimi had great chance to win so may be in Germany it will happen this time Flag:##

well one thing i noticed after british grand prix is that all the people were blaming ferrari for kimi bad result.
hello..its not only ferrari who decide what tires to put on. i think the drivers discuss what tires to put on before coming to pits. and remember barichello, it was barichello choice to change to full wets not honda, as barichello said in the interview.

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 11 Jul 2008, 21:28

I put Alonso as a joke. I live in hope.

If it rains, Hamface will win, or we'll get a shock result (Alonso!!!, Webber!!!).
If not, I predict (hesitantly) a Ferrari win.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 11 Jul 2008, 21:52

shail69 wrote:well one thing i noticed after british grand prix is that all the people were blaming ferrari for kimi bad result.
hello..its not only ferrari who decide what tires to put on. i think the drivers discuss what tires to put on before coming to pits. and remember barichello, it was barichello choice to change to full wets not honda, as barichello said in the interview.

According to Ted Kravits from ITV, it was a joint decision made by Kimi, Luca B. and Chris D. (race engineer for Kimi).
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 12 Jul 2008, 02:05

shail69 wrote:
Ankit-Iceman wrote:Kimi is fast in German tracks also but unfortunately he always gets into some trouble or the other ::oops:; I hope this time it will change. Kimi will not have any problems and will win this race + fastest lap too :shhh:

well one thing i noticed after british grand prix is that all the people were blaming ferrari for kimi bad result.

I doubt whether it would be completely in driver's hands on tyre choice. But for sure driver and his race engineer would be making the decision. I don't think its fair enough to blame Ferrari for a collective fault of the team. I think its a gamble which teams take, probably with Jean Todt & Ross Brawn for Michael they made better guess resulting in good finish. He made the wrong call to retain tires ( along with race engineer & team ). But i still wonder why did Ferrari take roughly 8 seconds to fuel him ? If they are taking a gamble why didn't they put less fuel in and sent him out before Hamilton ! They could have tested strategy with Massa .. If they had done that probably Kimi would have finished on podium.

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 12 Jul 2008, 02:09

joostlamers wrote:
hannibal_rising wrote:
shail69 wrote:has hamilton driven in this circuit before? it was not in the calender last year.
if he hasent it might be an advantage for ferrari duo

It seems that is not considering the testing times... (and please, don't say that ferrari was testing the race pace or that they were running with a cow over the car to make it slower and hide their out-of-this-world performance). Maybe Last victory inspired Lewis.
I think Lewis is going to win, but second and third will be the ferraris, but I cannot imagine which ferrari pilot is going to be ahead. Massa was faster in testing... but you never know how will be his performance.
And It may be the race where Kubica com back to be ahead of Heidfield. Heidfield just as Massa is not regular yet... the difference is that Heidfield may improve, but Massa won't.. he's like that.. erratic... and that's why he's never going to win a championship.

Lewis has driven here before, but not in an F1-car, don't which car he has driven... But I hope your right, Hamilton 1, Ferrari's 2 and 3. Then I think Raikkonen 2, and Massa 3, because in basic Raikkonen is fatser than Massa, like in basic Hamilton is faster than Kovalainen :thumbsup:

I think its high time Kovalainen breaks into the top 3 finish. Its hurting Mclaren in constructors championship. I think he should put up a better show and be on the podium as much as possible. This will help Hamilton as well in spacing of points. I am hoping that both the Mclaren's would finish on the podium in Germany.

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 12 Jul 2008, 02:11

megasyxx wrote:no predictions yet as of now....but i think mclaren have an advantage. but definitely it would be an interesting race to watch...and most likely, boring also :D :D :D

True Mclaren seem to have the advantage. In Silverstone testing they dominated the testing sheets and result was Heikki on pole. Now Hamilton is dominating in Germany & i don't see any reason as to why Mclaren shouldn't be on pole once again !!

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 12 Jul 2008, 02:13

Give up the winner predictions .. Lets try to see who will become the fourth best team for this grand prix ? Mclaren & Ferrari would be up ahead in the field. BMW is the team which has the capacity to catch the front runners. How about Renault, Toyota & Red Bull ? I think these guys are really putting up a better show. Toyota being the fourth best team in constructors is pretty interesting scenario. What do yo guys think ? Can Renault beat Toyota & Redbull at Germany ?

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 12 Jul 2008, 09:12

sanredrose wrote:Give up the winner predictions .. Lets try to see who will become the fourth best team for this grand prix ? Mclaren & Ferrari would be up ahead in the field. BMW is the team which has the capacity to catch the front runners. How about Renault, Toyota & Red Bull ? I think these guys are really putting up a better show. Toyota being the fourth best team in constructors is pretty interesting scenario. What do yo guys think ? Can Renault beat Toyota & Redbull at Germany ?

I'll say Williams, always strong on Hockenheim :thumbsup: and Rosberg's home GP
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 12 Jul 2008, 09:27

i do not think kovalainen is a champion material. i agree that he had bad luck all this year. but his run in british grand prix was not so good. i dont know if he had some kind of problem but many people expected him to win, but he finished well below the expectation. i guess he is a strong qualifier but not a great raceday driver.

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 12 Jul 2008, 09:47

shail69 wrote:i do not think kovalainen is a champion material. i agree that he had bad luck all this year. but his run in british grand prix was not so good. i dont know if he had some kind of problem but many people expected him to win, but he finished well below the expectation. i guess he is a strong qualifier but not a great raceday driver.

Your seemingly making that assumption on one race. For the majority of this season Kova has been a very solid driver, who's had some bad luck and the odd dodgy race (Canada,Britain,Monaco). He may not be champion material, but he's certainly capable of winning races. I'd pick him in a straight fight with Massa

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 12 Jul 2008, 18:43

shail69 wrote:i do not think kovalainen is a champion material. i agree that he had bad luck all this year. but his run in british grand prix was not so good. i dont know if he had some kind of problem but many people expected him to win, but he finished well below the expectation. i guess he is a strong qualifier but not a great raceday driver.

Kova suffered from loss of rear grip. Hence he couldn't hold on to the pace which Hamilton has been able to demonstrate. Martin has explained this in f1.gpupdate.net, please check there. The first lap, the first turn where Kova's back end twitched was an indication of loss of grip ( based on Steve Slater's view from Star Sports ).

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 12 Jul 2008, 18:45

joostlamers wrote:
sanredrose wrote:Give up the winner predictions .. Lets try to see who will become the fourth best team for this grand prix ? Mclaren & Ferrari would be up ahead in the field. BMW is the team which has the capacity to catch the front runners. How about Renault, Toyota & Red Bull ? I think these guys are really putting up a better show. Toyota being the fourth best team in constructors is pretty interesting scenario. What do yo guys think ? Can Renault beat Toyota & Redbull at Germany ?

I'll say Williams, always strong on Hockenheim :thumbsup: and Rosberg's home GP

Williams is an interesting call !! Lets see what they are upto ...