2008 FORMULA 1 German Grand Prix

Who will win the 2008 German Grand Prix ?

Kimi Räikkönen
40%
Felipe Massa
14%
Lewis Hamilton
26%
Heikki Kovalainen
No votes
Nick Heidfeld
6%
Robert Kubica
7%
Jarno Trulli
No votes
Mark Webber
2%
Fernando Alonso
5%

Total votes: 81

dacer
Donator
Donator

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 German Grand Prix

Post by dacer » 20 Jul 2008, 15:06

iceman1 wrote:
xyneid wrote:
dacer wrote:NOT THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE, there are not n1 and n2 on McLaren, both driver have the same
Come on mate, it's not enough just to say it as words. You must apply it on track, which hasn't been the case since the beginning of the season. Do you believe all what Ron says or do you believe what you see?
Nah Dacer is Kidding :nosweat:
Of course, If you said!!!

don't accept this, is like year crane issue. It's Stupid to talk about with anyone who want not to see it

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 20 Jul 2008, 15:13

dacer wrote:
Of course, If you said!!!

don't accept this, is like year crane issue. It's Stupid to talk about with anyone who want not to see it
Well it was very obvious that Lewis would pass Kova but it was made it an a very obvious way. And i think Kova clearly showed what his tougths about it.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 20 Jul 2008, 15:44

Initially it was boring race ... live timing was s*** today.
Considering Heikki fail to get most of his car .. Hamilton has exceptional and all overtaking were fair & cool (but dunno why he specially mention it in press conference :lol:).I have to say mclaren can't be judge my heikki's pace .. simply he was no near.
Mclaren have raised their game ..imo more than .3sec quicker than Ferrari ..it hard to catchup and probably will take some time.

I think both the Ferrari drivers were helpless today.Plain fact they didn't had pace to challenge today.
http://www.fia.com/germanygp/documents/ ... alysis.pdf
IHMO both Kimi & Massa gave their 100%.

Vettel made Alonso look noob today :p

Have to say Nelson Piquet was best of rest today .. i know he was lucky .. but still is brilliant drive from him ... managing tyres with such pace ..he simply out classed his own history.Like that he was natural in front camera :cheezy:

@Dacer: CONTROL ..don't get it to personal level and Btw ... f1anatic is absolutely correct about it.
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

moonlightmj
car driver
car driver

Post by moonlightmj » 20 Jul 2008, 15:49

iceman1 wrote:Piquet added a secret tank onto his renault or something? :p :p
Great Race by lucky Piquet, great strategy by Renault. I really can't imagine how he could go so fast into that car...

And Hamilton, fantastic, with the best car today, he did his show! Flag:##

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 20 Jul 2008, 16:20

dacer wrote:xyneid (hi), I was ironic!!!!

We see today, Ron Dennis pressing a button and a second later Heiki LET'S HAMILTON OVERTAKE HIM
Sorry for that :)

Fisichella handed 25-second penalty
Giancarlo Fisichella has been handed a 25-second penalty at the German Grand Prix after unlapping himself when he was not allowed to.
The penalty moves Fisichella from 14th to 17th position.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/69349
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

alper206
kart driver
kart driver

Post by alper206 » 20 Jul 2008, 18:31

after today, nobody here should never ever claim that mclaren drivers are racing each other. this is absolute c**p. OK, hamilton had the speed and eventually he would take him but the way it was done was quite cheap!!!

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 20 Jul 2008, 18:56

Right after the race Kovalainen told angrily to Finnish TV "nothing to say about the race when you aren't allowed to race freely".

Then later on when the dust had settled a bit he admitted the team order but defended it, probably after McLaren had told him what to say about the situation to the press.

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 20 Jul 2008, 19:01

Hmm, I wonder why the British press isn't baying for McLaren's blood. Like they did at Monaco last year, when team orders were used to a lesser effect.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

kimi_raikkonen
car driver
car driver

Post by kimi_raikkonen » 20 Jul 2008, 19:19

Aside from KR, It was a great race for Piquet, Jr. I was hoping for him but Hamilton won out it the end, let's hope Nelson can keep it up!

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 20 Jul 2008, 19:22

kimi_raikkonen wrote:Aside from KR, It was a great race for Piquet, Jr. I was hoping for him but Hamilton won out it the end, let's hope Nelson can keep it up!
He said in the press conference:
I don’t think it’s going to change much. Obviously it’s always good to get a result like this. I don’t think that if you had the normal finish of a race I probably wouldn’t arrive here starting from 17th. It was a bit lucky. It’s still difficult for me. I’m not saying that in Hungary, the next race, you should expect me on the podium. I don’t think it would be like that.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

mountford
kart driver
kart driver

Post by mountford » 20 Jul 2008, 20:56

moonlightmj wrote:
iceman1 wrote:Piquet added a secret tank onto his renault or something? :p :p
Great Race by lucky Piquet, great strategy by Renault. I really can't imagine how he could go so fast into that car...

And Hamilton, fantastic, with the best car today, he did his show! Flag:##
:thumbsup:

Fantastic!
Takuma Sato>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>You

MP4/4#12
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by MP4/4#12 » 20 Jul 2008, 21:02

AzShadow wrote:Right after the race Kovalainen told angrily to Finnish TV "nothing to say about the race when you aren't allowed to race freely".Then later on when the dust had settled a bit he admitted the team order but defended it, probably after McLaren had told him what to say about the situation to the press.
One thing i never though it would happen at McLaren, reminds me Rubinho`s days at Ferrari. Hamilton was hugely faster today he didn`t need that move, it`s disrespectful for fans and the sport, learning from Ferrari (?).

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 20 Jul 2008, 21:08

MP4/4#12 wrote:
AzShadow wrote:Right after the race Kovalainen told angrily to Finnish TV "nothing to say about the race when you aren't allowed to race freely".Then later on when the dust had settled a bit he admitted the team order but defended it, probably after McLaren had told him what to say about the situation to the press.
One thing i never though it would happen at McLaren, reminds me Rubinho`s days at Ferrari. Hamilton was hugely faster today he didn`t need that move, it`s disrespectful for fans and the sport, learning from Ferrari (?).
Aren't team orders banned? If McLaren gave a team order through team radio telling Heikki to let Lewis pass, why didn't FIA investigate the situation? Do you have an idea?
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

MP4/4#12
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by MP4/4#12 » 20 Jul 2008, 21:17

Hi Xyneid.
Well, someone (Ferrari) could protest, the act it self is the same, be it on the finish line or in a corner as it was today. Dunno, it`s an issue that has been talked over and over again. I think that to become a WChamp you have to deserve it, Heikki didn`t have the pace but if he could finish in the podium today he should be allowed to get what he fought for, asking a racing driver to let another pass "please"!!! I have to tell ya i DO miss the old days.

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 20 Jul 2008, 21:26

MP4/4#12 wrote:Hi Xyneid.
Well, someone (Ferrari) could protest, the act it self is the same, be it on the finish line or in a corner as it was today. Dunno, it`s an issue that has been talked over and over again. I think that to become a WChamp you have to deserve it, Heikki didn`t have the pace but if he could finish in the podium today he should be allowed to get what he fought for, asking a racing driver to let another pass "please"!!! I have to tell ya i DO miss the old days.
Today's case is different from what we saw in 2001 in Austuria between Rubens and Michael. Today, Lewis is way fast then Heikki. He would get past Heikki sooner or later. We saw in this season a couple of times when team mates let his team mate to pass him in France (Kimi/Massa) - (Heikki/Lewis), even in Brazil 2007 Massa/Kimi. Knowing these, can we say FIA banned team orders? Does it have to be on the finish straight like Rubens let Michael to call it a "team order"?