It is currently 19 Nov 2017, 00:58

All times are UTC




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 620 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Santander British Grand Prix
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2008, 01:24  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 23:17
Posts: 1199
Location: San Diego
blizzard wrote:
I was quite surprised, that Alonso didn´t reach a podium position today. 2 years ago he seemed to be the new rainmaster, but in 2007 and the first half of this season he hasn´t impressed in the rain.



May be u forgot his driving in European GP 2007 ? It was a sort of varying weather conditions all around and Alonso beat Massa to take the race win in Wet conditions ! Initially Mclaren didn't seem to have the speed to beat Ferrari at that time, but then as the conditions went topsy turvey FA came back to give Massa a difficult time on the track.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Santander British Grand Prix
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2008, 01:27  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 23:17
Posts: 1199
Location: San Diego
Zack wrote:
One can say ..Ferrari gifted win to Hamilton! :p


May be i can put it this way

" Ferrari were not in a position to face Lewis Hamilton & Mclaren at Silverstone, hence they pulled the plug on Massa. For Kimi they kept it running for sometime and later on they simply shutdown the units and told their team to pack for Germany ! " :p :shhh:
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Santander British Grand Prix
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2008, 01:29  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 23:17
Posts: 1199
Location: San Diego
jamps wrote:
Congrats to Mclaren...

At some point of the GP it looked like Ferrari packed up and left the drivers on the circuit!! WTF?! Horrible horrible horrible planning... :sad:
And I think Massa was trying to break the record of spins in a single GP... :huh:

Anyway, It was a good race in general...

I almost felt ashamed of being a Ferrari fan the way they handled the strategy today...

Cheers
JP


i too accept with that .. Massa today looked more like "Nelson Piquet Jr", but having said that Piquet was quite good today until he retired ! Poor Nelsinho. I hope he gets a podium finish sometime this year !
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Santander British Grand Prix
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2008, 08:26  
car driver

Joined: 22 Mar 2008, 05:00
Posts: 17
Poor Kimi, first Montreal, Magny Cours and now Silverstone. All the bad luck 3 times in a row
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Santander British Grand Prix
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2008, 08:27  
car driver

Joined: 22 Mar 2008, 05:00
Posts: 17
Having said that, although I'm not Lewis's fan, i got to admit his pace was incredible. More than 1 minute ahead.....unbelievable
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Santander British Grand Prix
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2008, 09:02  
Donator

Joined: 20 Jun 2007, 15:42
Posts: 590
Location: Almeria, Spain
hokc77 wrote:
Having said that, although I'm not Lewis's fan, i got to admit his pace was incredible. More than 1 minute ahead.....unbelievable


I don't undestand it!. If it was a dry race, ok, but is dificult to undestand how a driver can push hard (was better time lap to lap) with 60 second gap. It was very easy make a mistake (or aquaplaning or any problem with the rain), and he would loose the race. Win a race with 1 second gap, it's the same that with 70 second. There are 10points and get on top of podium.

If anyone want to be driver championship, must be a more inteligent. (and this is for the team too, he must slow him)

anyway, congratullations for his race
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Santander British Grand Prix
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2008, 09:25  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 14 Mar 2008, 08:01
Posts: 504
Location: Monterrey, MX.
Country: Mexico (mx)
perfect race for hamilton had to say, ferrari..... when rains sucks

in monaco they think its raining all day but surprise dry.
and today expect dry and surprise wet...

please when a gp predictions high rain on a weekend. please call shumacher at pit lane to make strategy.

_________________
Image
Ferrari Rules!!!!!!
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Santander British Grand Prix
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2008, 09:56  
Donator

Joined: 20 Jun 2007, 15:42
Posts: 590
Location: Almeria, Spain
lealjaime wrote:
in monaco they think its raining all day but surprise dry.
and today expect dry and surprise wet...


like renault, alonso didn't change tyre on silverstone and Piquet a few laps later, and when was raining again, changed it. Alonso in monaco fit extreme water tyres, and was fine but only on a few laps.

Maybe better luck with weather next time!! Thats races
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Santander British Grand Prix
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2008, 10:07  
car driver

Joined: 22 Mar 2008, 05:00
Posts: 17
dacer wrote:
I don't undestand it!. If it was a dry race, ok, but is dificult to undestand how a driver can push hard (was better time lap to lap) with 60 second gap. It was very easy make a mistake (or aquaplaning or any problem with the rain), and he would loose the race. Win a race with 1 second gap, it's the same that with 70 second. There are 10points and get on top of podium.

If anyone want to be driver championship, must be a more inteligent. (and this is for the team too, he must slow him)

anyway, congratullations for his race


Ha ha, i think there would have been a riot in Silverstone if Lewis makes a mistake :pray: and drop out.

Even Lewis himself says that he tried to slow down as much as possible without affecting his concentration.

Well, at least for us race fans, this 4 way battle is really exciting :thumbsup:
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Santander British Grand Prix
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2008, 10:26  
F1 Champion
User avatar

Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Posts: 11852
Location: Tilburg
Country: Netherlands (nl)
sanredrose wrote:
Zack wrote:
One can say ..Ferrari gifted win to Hamilton! :p


May be i can put it this way

" Ferrari were not in a position to face Lewis Hamilton & Mclaren at Silverstone, hence they pulled the plug on Massa. For Kimi they kept it running for sometime and later on they simply shutdown the units and told their team to pack for Germany ! " :p :shhh:

That's the only correct conclusion :thumbsup:

_________________
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Santander British Grand Prix
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2008, 10:33  
Donator

Joined: 20 Jun 2007, 15:42
Posts: 590
Location: Almeria, Spain
but not only by a "mistake". A spin or aquaplanning with very wet track, is not a mistake. A mistake (for me) is to push hard when you don't need, and take some risk (fastest lap times with very wet track) when only can loose what you have.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Santander British Grand Prix
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2008, 11:07  
car driver
User avatar

Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 09:25
Posts: 24
I can not believe, what Ferrari have done yesterday. I am ashamed as a Ferrari fan.
Even force India does not make this kind of silly strategy mistakes.
Whenever it rains Ferrari loses (Nurnburgring, Japan, Monaco and Britain)...

I think they should try two different strategies for both drivers to minimize the risk,
but they did the same silly mistake for both drivers even Massa has too many
problems with his car and tires.

_________________
http://www.thef1blogger.com
http://twitter.com/thef1blogger
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Santander British Grand Prix
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2008, 11:13  
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 26 Oct 2007, 13:46
Posts: 1866
Location: Finland
lealjaime wrote:
perfect race for hamilton had to say, ferrari..... when rains sucks

in monaco they think its raining all day but surprise dry.
and today expect dry and surprise wet...

please when a gp predictions high rain on a weekend. please call shumacher at pit lane to make strategy.

Ferrari could have just looked at the sky and see the situation, but they just messed around with their silly predictions.

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Santander British Grand Prix
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2008, 11:26  
Donator

Joined: 20 Jun 2007, 15:42
Posts: 590
Location: Almeria, Spain
Looking pit stop summary, McLaren success replacing tyres on first stop (13:33:52 kov, 13:36:44 Ham). Ferrari (13:36:45 Kim, ??13:38:02 Mas??) and Renault (only alonso 13:35:29), didn't replace it.

Renault knew he must change tyres to Alonso and a few minutes after 13:38:52, they replaced it to Piquet. I don't remember if Massa kept tyre or replaced it.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Santander British Grand Prix
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2008, 11:34  
car driver
User avatar

Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 09:25
Posts: 24
dacer wrote:
Looking pit stop summary, McLaren success replacing tyres on first stop (13:33:52 kov, 13:36:44 Ham). Ferrari (13:36:45 Kim, ??13:38:02 Mas??) and Renault (only alonso 13:35:29), didn't replace it.

Renault knew he must change tyres to Alonso and a few minutes after 13:38:52, they replaced it to Piquet. I don't remember if Massa kept tyre or replaced it.



Massa kept the same tires, so they insisted on their mistake while Kimi was losing 5 seconds by one lap and also they finally changed Kimi's tires after he dropped down to 5th as I remember..

_________________
http://www.thef1blogger.com
http://twitter.com/thef1blogger
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 620 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
Jump to:  
cron

F1Zone.net is proudly powered by phpBB