It is currently 20 Oct 2017, 06:56

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 620 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Santander British Grand Prix
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2008, 14:15  
F1 Champion

blizzard wrote:
If it´s going to rain, Hamilton will win the race, Alonson finishing second and Massa third.

If it doesn´t rain, the Ferrari have to be the clear favourites to win it. Kimi over Massa, Hamilton third, Kovalainen fourth.

Yeah, but I'll wait with predicting till Friday practices, if dry, cuz I wanna see the pace of the McLarens compared to the pace of the Ferrari's, on dry!! I wanna know if the McLarens hav omproved from last weeks test, because they seemed pretty quick to me :thumbsup:

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2008, 16:40  
Kart Champion

blizzard wrote:
If it´s going to rain, Hamilton will win the race, Alonson finishing second and Massa third.

If it doesn´t rain, the Ferrari have to be the clear favourites to win it. Kimi over Massa, Hamilton third, Kovalainen fourth.

I wouldn't bet Kimi will finish outside the podium in case of rain. But I hope it won't rain and that Kimi will get the win this time, it feels so long since he last won (Spain).

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2008, 02:33  
GP2 Driver

Quote:
http://www.crash.net/motorsport/f1/news/165560-0/mclaren_boss_admits_weve_underperformed.html

The team (McLaren) failed to pick up any points in Montreal during the Canadian Grand Prix and then came away from Magny-Cours with just five points thanks to Heikki Kovalainen's fourth place. In the same two races, both Ferrari and BMW Sauber have scored 22 points to leave McLaren down in third place in the constructors' championship – 33 points behind the Scuderia.
Lewis Hamilton has also slipped to fourth in the drivers' title race following his own personal disappointments in the last two races which has left the Woking-based squad with a challenge on its hands to try and claim championship honours come the end of the season.

Can Silverstone be the turning point for McLaren and Hamilton? They speak about improvement, but I think that BMW and Ferrari have made their own improvement, so until now Ferrari looks like it has the advantage for this race.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2008, 02:43  
GP2 Driver

Silverstone has all the ingredients to be one of the best races of this season:
Kimi is looking for the win that escaped from his grip, Hamilton expects to bounce back, Kubica want's to show that his 2nd position in the WDC is not by chance, Massa wants to retain his 1st place in the WDC, Heikki needs his 1st win, Piquet knows this track and knows he can win against Alonso, meanwhile Alonso is looking for revenge againts his partner, he cannot admit that Piquet was better than him in France (neither of the McLaren drivers could overtake Piquet but both overtook Alonso, and Piquet got more points).
Also, we can't forget the other teams: Toyota and Red Bull are fighting for the 4th place in the WCC, meanwhile William and Renault are doing the same for 6th, Honda and Toro Rosso for 8th but hopping to get 7th and Force India wishes to win their first point.
I am really looking forward to this race.
Flag:## :toot: !yahoo: !yahoo: :toot: Flag:##
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2008, 04:16  
F1 Driver

Soyyo wrote:
Silverstone has all the ingredients to be one of the best races of this season:
Kimi is looking for the win that escaped from his grip, Hamilton expects to bounce back, Kubica want's to show that his 2nd position in the WDC is not by chance, Massa wants to retain his 1st place in the WDC, Heikki needs his 1st win, Piquet knows this track and knows he can win against Alonso, meanwhile Alonso is looking for revenge againts his partner, he cannot admit that Piquet was better than him in France (neither of the McLaren drivers could overtake Piquet but both overtook Alonso, and Piquet got more points).
Also, we can't forget the other teams: Toyota and Red Bull are fighting for the 4th place in the WCC, meanwhile William and Renault are doing the same for 6th, Honda and Toro Rosso for 8th but hopping to get 7th and Force India wishes to win their first point.
I am really looking forward to this race.
Flag:## :toot: !yahoo: !yahoo: :toot: Flag:##

Nice Smiley !! << Off the topic >>
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2008, 05:57  
F1 Rookie

i ll think will be a rece for ferrari but hamilton between not 1,2 like past race

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2008, 08:40  
F1 Legend

A home victory would be the perfect way for Lewis Hamilton to respond to criticism of his driving after two consecutive no-scores in Canada and France.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2008, 10:27  
kart driver

Silverstone is as always a very difficult race. In dry conditions races the danger is that the race is getting boring and fights are decided at the pits. But in 1998 and 2003 we had great races there. A lot of fights and great overtakings.
In dry conditions this circuit is very similar to Sepang because of the fast curves. So Ferrari should be the No.1 here. It is also interesting to see what BMW can do here. Do they have a chance here?
Looking forward to the race!
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2008, 12:39  
car driver

I think Kimi will win and Lewis will come in second
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2008, 13:30  
F1 Driver

melody wrote:
Silverstone is as always a very difficult race. In dry conditions races the danger is that the race is getting boring and fights are decided at the pits. But in 1998 and 2003 we had great races there. A lot of fights and great overtakings.
In dry conditions this circuit is very similar to Sepang because of the fast curves. So Ferrari should be the No.1 here. It is also interesting to see what BMW can do here. Do they have a chance here?
Looking forward to the race!

Yeah, 2003 was a fantastic race. A true modern classic.
The good thing about silverstone is, that the gaps normally aren´t as much as on other tracks, but the bad thing is that because of the track´s layout with it´s very fast corners it is very hard to overtake in dry conditions.
I think all we need is the safety car to mix things up a bit and then we could see a fantastic race.
If nothing unusual happens it´ll be the ordinary silverstone race with overtaking only in the pitlane and cars seperated by at least 2 seconds upfront because of the aerodynamics, but let´s wait and see.
I think Hamilton is the best driver in wet conditions, he´s won fuji with traction control and also monaco without traction control. massa bottled it at nürburgring last year and also made a mistake at monaco this year.
kimi never came alive when it was raining and alonso somehow made consecutive mistakes in the rain (fuji, monaco), but he´s always among the favourites in wet conditions.

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2008, 14:58  
car driver

ERhuummm, Massa was absolutely flying in a wet Monaco this year without TC, and Massa's mistake wasn't as big as Lewis, hitting the wall and almost destryoing his own race.

As usual, before every race, people count Massa out compared to Kimi, but if Massa could clinch a pole position in Monaco, and destroy Kimi in a wet Monaco, he could just as well beat him at Silverstone, and we know what a qualifyer he is.

Ferrari will have the edge here I think, main battle between Kimi and Massa. McLaren's car will probably not match the Ferrari here, and as long as Hamilton continues to show weaknesses, he will make it even easier for the red guys.
"Media will be back on my side" he says. Well, if he could just stop focusing on the press, he might drive better.

Nontheless it could be a close race, but only between McLaren and Ferrari. BMW is falling behind even more now it seems.
Can't wait for the race! :cheezy:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2008, 16:29  
F1 Driver

ScuderiaFN wrote:
ERhuummm, Massa was absolutely flying in a wet Monaco this year without TC, and Massa's mistake wasn't as big as Lewis, hitting the wall and almost destryoing his own race.

As usual, before every race, people count Massa out compared to Kimi, but if Massa could clinch a pole position in Monaco, and destroy Kimi in a wet Monaco, he could just as well beat him at Silverstone, and we know what a qualifyer he is.

Ferrari will have the edge here I think, main battle between Kimi and Massa. McLaren's car will probably not match the Ferrari here, and as long as Hamilton continues to show weaknesses, he will make it even easier for the red guys.
"Media will be back on my side" he says. Well, if he could just stop focusing on the press, he might drive better.

Nontheless it could be a close race, but only between McLaren and Ferrari. BMW is falling behind even more now it seems.

I should agree with you in terms of Massa. He has always been under-rated. Lets see whether he can pull another podium finish here. Then i guess it would be truly remarkable performance from a man who messed up the first two races and now is leading the championship by putting together a string of podium finishes !
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2008, 18:40  
Kart Champion

ScuderiaFN wrote:
BMW is falling behind even more now it seems.

BMW is falling behind - but RK is not.
Read this: Peter Sauber has backed Robert Kubica's recent criticism of the German outfit
Lets hope BMW will provide both RK and NH with a decent car - as much as I believe that KR FM or LH will get the F1 championship - it would be boring w/o BMW.

Last edited by color on 30 Jun 2008, 19:20, edited 1 time in total.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2008, 19:07  
F1 Driver

ScuderiaFN wrote:

Yeah he was fast, but only at the beginning, in the end hamilton won, although he came from way back after his early pit stop (because of the mistake). I was very happy with felipe the first laps, but in the end I was disappointed that he didn´t turn his good driving at the beginning into a win.
It´s quite obvious that at the moment there is no rain master out there, like Senna or Michael were, winning races by a minute and lapping faster 3-6 seconds per lap.

A strange thing is that the finns (Mika,Kimi) seem to be very quick in dry conditions, but as soon as it start´s to rain they´re in the middle of the pack.

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2008, 19:09  
F1 Driver

blizzard wrote:
A strange thing is that the finns (Mika,Kimi) seem to be very quick in dry conditions, but as soon as it start´s to rain they´re in the middle of the pack.

Even from a Hamilton fan's point of view, Kimi was awesome at Fuji last year coming from the very back.
 Offline Profile  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 620 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 42  Next