It is currently 16 Aug 2017, 15:17

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 620 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Santander British Grand Prix
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2008, 13:34  
Kart Champion

I don't feel its a problem...I think turn 2 will be on the side lewis will be on if he gets a good start he can slide in at turn 2
but its also a long race lets see what happen a lot of races have been won this year from row 2
xyneid wrote:
Manny6 wrote:
yeah same here a Mclaren on Pole but the Hamilton in his home GP...I feel all Hamilton needs to do is make a jump on kimi at the start and he can win...

But Hamilton will be on dirty side, whereas Kimi on clean.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2008, 13:39  
Co-Admin

iceman1 wrote:
phil1993 wrote:
ITV Competition question:

who is Lewis' Macca team-mate

Anthony Hamilton :p

LOL :nosweat:

Massa Lap times in Q3
13 11:10.459
14 1:23.305
15 P 1:37.016
16 P 2:20.612

looks like something was horribly wrong or is on one stop strategy :blink:

Saturday at Silverstone provided excitement and drama, thanks mainly to the weather. Rain early this morning meant a wet start to the final practice session, with conditions drying throughout, enabling the drivers to run dry tyres in the final quarter of the session.

The times tumbled all the way through that first hour, giving no real clue as to who was at the top. Fernando Alonso ended the final practice quickest with a late lap.

During the break between sessions, conditions continued to improve and the qualifying session was mainly dry, although the wind picked up considerably this afternoon making driving conditions difficult.

Honda again fell at the first hurdle, as did both Force India cars and Nico Rosberg in the Williams. Both Toro Rossos made it through to round two again, which consolidates their recent upturn in form.

Both Toyotas would fall at the second hurdle, along with Kazuki Nakajima, Sebastien Bourdais and David Coulthard. Sebastian Vettel, having made it through to part two, surprised everyone by going one better and making it into the top ten shootout along with the Ferraris, McLarens, BMWs, Renaults and Mark Webber in the Red Bull Racing machine, who has enjoyed a very positive weekend thus far.

The final ten minute dash for the grid provided incident and talking points aplenty. Sebastian Vettel and Toro Rosso decided one run would do it as they would likely finish tenth anyway. However Vettel would get more than he bargained for.

Lewis Hamilton ran off the road on his first run, Robert Kubica didn't set a time after a mysterious car issue and Felipe Massa set an unusually slow time in the Ferrari. Vettel jumped the latter two drivers, while Hamilton improved on his final run as he went for the pole with the front runners.

Heikki Kovalainen came through it all to claim his maiden pole position in Formula One, with a time of 1:21.049 and Mark Webber sensationally in second place. Webber in fact held the pole briefly in that dramatic minute after the flag, before Kovalainen pipped him with the very last lap of qualifying. Kimi Raikkonen and Lewis Hamilton start from the second row tomorrow and have two drivers not usually ahead of them to think about tonight.

Something else for all of them to think about is the weather. Rain has been predicted for some time to arrive on raceday.

Ferrari Lap times

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2008, 13:45  
F1 Driver

Webber really is God. He got a Jaguar on the front row, a Williams on the front row a few more times, and now a Red Bull. I think he might be doing an Alonso though - light fuel. Mind you Alonso is sixth and is probably also doing an Alonso, so that quantifies Webber's performance.

Heikki ftw!! :cool:

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2008, 13:51  
F1 Driver

Yes very strange with Massa.

Ok he couldn´t match the McLaren´s pace this morning after his accident on friday, but he didn´t seem to be as bad as in Q3. Maybe a spin in his second try or a technical problem. Anyway very tough for him, it´s the first time he´s leading the championship in his career and instantly his qualifying is awful. I hope he can recover from that tomorrow.

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2008, 13:54  
F1 Legend

Zack wrote:

looks like something was horribly wrong or is on one stop strategy

Massa had a problem with his Rear Tyre , one stop is Impossible in this season
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2008, 13:57  
Kart Champion

yes I recond that...after the shunt yesterday...I knew his car was not going to act the same..I feel it has a lot to do with that
blizzard wrote:
Yes very strange with Massa.

Ok he couldn´t match the McLaren´s pace this morning after his accident on friday, but he didn´t seem to be as bad as in Q3. Maybe a spin in his second try or a technical problem. Anyway very tough for him, it´s the first time he´s leading the championship in his career and instantly his qualifying is awful. I hope he can recover from that tomorrow.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2008, 14:01  
Co-Admin

yes.. i know other open secret of Ferrari ..current Fuel tank size -whistling-

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2008, 14:11  
F1 Driver

Well Domenicali on the ITV coverage said that Massa couldn't do a final run because of a problem with a wheel-gun.I guess he made a mistake on his first run and was unable to do a second run,like Kubica
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2008, 14:13  
kart driver

since massa is in Q3 he can't be on a one stopper
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2008, 14:16  
F1 Driver

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/silverstone.html

Also the humidity for tomorrow is 84%,which indicates rain.And winds of up to 35mph will mix things up
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2008, 14:23  
kart driver

swca92 wrote:
I guess he made a mistake on his first run and was unable to do a second run,like Kubica

he must have had an off on his first lap because he was fastest in sector 2 at the time
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2008, 14:31  

it was a wheel gun problem, Domenicalli said. If it was an off, the cameras would have shown it, like they showed Hamilton's off 37 times!

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2008, 14:33  
kart driver

phil1993 wrote:
it was a wheel gun problem, Domenicalli said. If it was an off, the cameras would have shown it, like they showed Hamilton's off 37 times!

i was talking about his lap before the gun problem
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2008, 14:35  
F1 Legend

the BBC's satellite quite accurate for 24 hour forecasts. So there should be a good downpour before the race and maybe during it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/ukweather/midlands/#no_url
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2008, 14:37  

oh, i don't know, but as several drivers went quicker, he was naturally demoted. i think he was P6 before his problem, and then Hamilton and Vettel went faster

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 620 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 42  Next