It is currently 23 Aug 2017, 02:13

All times are UTC




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 620 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Santander British Grand Prix
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2008, 11:23  
F1 Champion
User avatar

Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Posts: 11852
Location: Tilburg
Country: Netherlands (nl)
You really think McLaren solved the problem in the high-speed-corners? Maybe Ferrari were playing hide and seek, you never know with the guys from Maranello.... Or they were testing other things... I don't expect a win from Hamilton :sad: and i really expect 2 Ferrari's on the podium.

_________________
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Santander British Grand Prix
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2008, 12:45  
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 26 Oct 2007, 13:46
Posts: 1866
Location: Finland
Hamilton just did a Q2 lap for the fans. Hamilton's best lap was 1:19.170 while in last year's qualifying the best time was 1:19.152 from Alonso so that gives you some comparison.

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Santander British Grand Prix
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2008, 16:13  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 30 May 2008, 18:44
Posts: 2010
joostlamers wrote:
Behind that, I think maybe Kova can fight with Massa, but I also think that Massa will take the podium. BMW and Toyota will be close to each other, but I also expect a high qualification position for Rosberg. Because it's the home race for Williams, of course. Fernando? Dunno what to expect from him..



Expect another stellar qualifying session, and poor race pace. It's the story of his year. I choose to believe that 'Nando pushes as hard as he can and drives as hard as he can in any car, any team he's in, so I choose to belive that it's more the car's/team's fault than his, but my prediction is still the same.

_________________
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Santander British Grand Prix
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2008, 17:04  
kart driver
User avatar

Joined: 05 Apr 2008, 02:51
Posts: 70
joostlamers wrote:
Lovely GP, I remember Montoya winning this one :roll:: @Hug , his start.. still tears in my eyes, what an absolutely worldclass start was that, absolutely haven't seen sonmething like that !yahoo: Flag:## . But Fernando was also quick back then, he was hold up by Trulli, think Monty wouldn't won that one, with Trulli listening to the blue flag, but.. never mind Absolutely LOVELY!!

But OK, 2008 and McLaren isn't as strong as 2005, but the are reliable though :p :nosweat: , I think it will be close, but we'll see a Ferrari to take the win here. Hamilton will fight so hard, he'll can't come out of bed the other day.. I hope :nosweat: . But I really expect 2 Ferrari's on the podium..

Behind that, I think maybe Kova can fight with Massa, but I also think that Massa will take the podium. BMW and Toyota will be close to each other, but I also expect a high qualification position for Rosberg. Because it's the home race for Williams, of course. Fernando? Dunno what to expect from him..

Have fun Phil!! Make lots of photos :thumbsup:


77 days left, before I will travel 1000km to Monza....


Yeah that was a great race between them. Really close sometimes...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eRZSjHRD_o
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Santander British Grand Prix
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2008, 19:10  
kart driver

Joined: 14 Apr 2008, 19:19
Posts: 82
Ferrari were dominant last year so we should expect strong results from them.....could be close between Massa and Raikkonen......Massa was on fire last year starting from the pit lane so we'll see

Hamilton has to forget about everything that has happened this past month and just get a good result

Expect BMW to come back strong after a tough weekend in france......Kubica could steal another podium finish....heidfeld has to get his game on in qualifying
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Santander British Grand Prix
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2008, 07:43  
kart driver

Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 15:26
Posts: 99
i think the ferraris will be really quick here but hamilton will want to win his home gp and he knows how to put it on pole so it will be an interesting race
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Santander British Grand Prix
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2008, 14:42  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 17:33
Posts: 3161
Country: Netherlands (nl)
marty wrote:
hamilton will want to win his home gp and he knows how to put it on pole so it will be an interesting race

he want to, but he won't do it... you know he just can't do things right when he's under pressure... from the beginning of the season I said this will be a sacrifice year for him, when he'll learn how to deal with tension...

_________________
'Life is about passions. Thank you for sharing mine.'
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Santander British Grand Prix
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2008, 15:27  
Co-Admin
User avatar

Joined: 27 Jun 2007, 15:26
Posts: 4153
Location: Bombay
Country: India (in)
i agree! IMO Hamilton is not 200% focusing on racing and paying attention to useless public & media comments.He should answer it on track *Silence speaks..* :wink:

_________________
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Santander British Grand Prix
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2008, 15:29  
F1 Champion
User avatar

Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Posts: 11852
Location: Tilburg
Country: Netherlands (nl)
TwistedArmco wrote:
joostlamers wrote:
Behind that, I think maybe Kova can fight with Massa, but I also think that Massa will take the podium. BMW and Toyota will be close to each other, but I also expect a high qualification position for Rosberg. Because it's the home race for Williams, of course. Fernando? Dunno what to expect from him..



Expect another stellar qualifying session, and poor race pace. It's the story of his year. I choose to believe that 'Nando pushes as hard as he can and drives as hard as he can in any car, any team he's in, so I choose to belive that it's more the car's/team's fault than his, but my prediction is still the same.

Yeah, maybe, Kova has had a lot of tough luck, hasn't he, but in France he was very strong, he got a problem with his tyres, and still he was able to fight with Trulli for third place, finishing 4th, starting from 10 or so, keep that in mind!!

_________________
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Santander British Grand Prix
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2008, 19:33  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 25 May 2007, 17:52
Posts: 4007
Location: Kent
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
I am going, can't wait, my first GP :shhh:

_________________
http://i40.tinypic.com/2w7fw9v.jpg
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Santander British Grand Prix
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2008, 20:10  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 30 May 2008, 18:44
Posts: 2010
joostlamers wrote:
TwistedArmco wrote:
joostlamers wrote:
Behind that, I think maybe Kova can fight with Massa, but I also think that Massa will take the podium. BMW and Toyota will be close to each other, but I also expect a high qualification position for Rosberg. Because it's the home race for Williams, of course. Fernando? Dunno what to expect from him..



Expect another stellar qualifying session, and poor race pace. It's the story of his year. I choose to believe that 'Nando pushes as hard as he can and drives as hard as he can in any car, any team he's in, so I choose to belive that it's more the car's/team's fault than his, but my prediction is still the same.

Yeah, maybe, Kova has had a lot of tough luck, hasn't he, but in France he was very strong, he got a problem with his tyres, and still he was able to fight with Trulli for third place, finishing 4th, starting from 10 or so, keep that in mind!!


Actually Joost.., everything I said there was about 'Nando.

Regarding Kovy, I really hope he gets a solid NORMAL weekend in Britain, where nothing unlucky happens. He certainly doesn't deserve to be behind Trulli and webber in the Championship. I really like the guy, and I'd like him to win this year, so i'd like a crazy wet GP where he or 'Nando wins. If it's dry he'll come third fourth or fifth.

(Take your rain mac Phil.. :cheezy: )

_________________
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Santander British Grand Prix
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2008, 06:49  
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Posts: 25503
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
yeah, preliminary forecast: (msn weather)

Fri 04 Jul: Sunny 21C
Sat 05 Jul: Cloudy with drizzle 19C
Sun 06 Jul: Cloudy with showers 20C

but you know how weather forcasts change!

_________________
F1Zone.net News
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Santander British Grand Prix
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2008, 10:19  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 30 May 2008, 18:44
Posts: 2010
phil1993 wrote:
yeah, preliminary forecast: (msn weather)

Fri 04 Jul: Sunny 21C
Sat 05 Jul: Cloudy with drizzle 19C
Sun 06 Jul: Cloudy with showers 20C

but you know how weather forcasts change!


As someone who's actually attending, do you wish for rain despite that? I do, cos I'll be watching on TV! Yeah the forecasts never know what they're doing. They predicted rain for Malaysia (god knows that would have made the race better), Canada and France, and nothing materialized.

_________________
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Santander British Grand Prix
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2008, 11:07  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 15:07
Posts: 1169
Location: Duisburg, Germany
If it´s going to rain, Hamilton will win the race, Alonson finishing second and Massa third.

If it doesn´t rain, the Ferrari have to be the clear favourites to win it. Kimi over Massa, Hamilton third, Kovalainen fourth.

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Santander British Grand Prix
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2008, 11:33  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 17:33
Posts: 3161
Country: Netherlands (nl)
donald29 wrote:
I am going, can't wait, my first GP :shhh:


have a great week-end... I still have to wait two more month til my first gp (valencia)...

_________________
'Life is about passions. Thank you for sharing mine.'
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 620 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
Jump to:  
cron

F1Zone.net is proudly powered by phpBB