2008 FORMULA 1 Santander British Grand Prix

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Santander British Grand Prix

Post by JoostLamers » 27 Jun 2008, 11:23

You really think McLaren solved the problem in the high-speed-corners? Maybe Ferrari were playing hide and seek, you never know with the guys from Maranello.... Or they were testing other things... I don't expect a win from Hamilton :sad: and i really expect 2 Ferrari's on the podium.
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 27 Jun 2008, 12:45

Hamilton just did a Q2 lap for the fans. Hamilton's best lap was 1:19.170 while in last year's qualifying the best time was 1:19.152 from Alonso so that gives you some comparison.

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 27 Jun 2008, 16:13

joostlamers wrote:Behind that, I think maybe Kova can fight with Massa, but I also think that Massa will take the podium. BMW and Toyota will be close to each other, but I also expect a high qualification position for Rosberg. Because it's the home race for Williams, of course. Fernando? Dunno what to expect from him..

Expect another stellar qualifying session, and poor race pace. It's the story of his year. I choose to believe that 'Nando pushes as hard as he can and drives as hard as he can in any car, any team he's in, so I choose to belive that it's more the car's/team's fault than his, but my prediction is still the same.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

BanaP
kart driver
kart driver

Post by BanaP » 27 Jun 2008, 17:04

joostlamers wrote:Lovely GP, I remember Montoya winning this one :roll:: @Hug , his start.. still tears in my eyes, what an absolutely worldclass start was that, absolutely haven't seen sonmething like that !yahoo: Flag:## . But Fernando was also quick back then, he was hold up by Trulli, think Monty wouldn't won that one, with Trulli listening to the blue flag, but.. never mind Absolutely LOVELY!!

But OK, 2008 and McLaren isn't as strong as 2005, but the are reliable though :p :nosweat: , I think it will be close, but we'll see a Ferrari to take the win here. Hamilton will fight so hard, he'll can't come out of bed the other day.. I hope :nosweat: . But I really expect 2 Ferrari's on the podium..

Behind that, I think maybe Kova can fight with Massa, but I also think that Massa will take the podium. BMW and Toyota will be close to each other, but I also expect a high qualification position for Rosberg. Because it's the home race for Williams, of course. Fernando? Dunno what to expect from him..

Have fun Phil!! Make lots of photos :thumbsup:

77 days left, before I will travel 1000km to Monza....

Yeah that was a great race between them. Really close sometimes...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eRZSjHRD_o

markpaz455
kart driver
kart driver

Post by markpaz455 » 27 Jun 2008, 19:10

Ferrari were dominant last year so we should expect strong results from them.....could be close between Massa and Raikkonen......Massa was on fire last year starting from the pit lane so we'll see

Hamilton has to forget about everything that has happened this past month and just get a good result

Expect BMW to come back strong after a tough weekend in france......Kubica could steal another podium finish....heidfeld has to get his game on in qualifying

marty
kart driver
kart driver

Post by marty » 28 Jun 2008, 07:43

i think the ferraris will be really quick here but hamilton will want to win his home gp and he knows how to put it on pole so it will be an interesting race

eleanor
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by eleanor » 28 Jun 2008, 14:42

marty wrote:hamilton will want to win his home gp and he knows how to put it on pole so it will be an interesting race

he want to, but he won't do it... you know he just can't do things right when he's under pressure... from the beginning of the season I said this will be a sacrifice year for him, when he'll learn how to deal with tension...
'Life is about passions. Thank you for sharing mine.'

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 28 Jun 2008, 15:27

i agree! IMO Hamilton is not 200% focusing on racing and paying attention to useless public & media comments.He should answer it on track *Silence speaks..* :wink:
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 28 Jun 2008, 15:29

TwistedArmco wrote:
joostlamers wrote:Behind that, I think maybe Kova can fight with Massa, but I also think that Massa will take the podium. BMW and Toyota will be close to each other, but I also expect a high qualification position for Rosberg. Because it's the home race for Williams, of course. Fernando? Dunno what to expect from him..

Expect another stellar qualifying session, and poor race pace. It's the story of his year. I choose to believe that 'Nando pushes as hard as he can and drives as hard as he can in any car, any team he's in, so I choose to belive that it's more the car's/team's fault than his, but my prediction is still the same.

Yeah, maybe, Kova has had a lot of tough luck, hasn't he, but in France he was very strong, he got a problem with his tyres, and still he was able to fight with Trulli for third place, finishing 4th, starting from 10 or so, keep that in mind!!
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 28 Jun 2008, 19:33

I am going, can't wait, my first GP :shhh:

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 28 Jun 2008, 20:10

joostlamers wrote:
TwistedArmco wrote:

Yeah, maybe, Kova has had a lot of tough luck, hasn't he, but in France he was very strong, he got a problem with his tyres, and still he was able to fight with Trulli for third place, finishing 4th, starting from 10 or so, keep that in mind!!

Actually Joost.., everything I said there was about 'Nando.

Regarding Kovy, I really hope he gets a solid NORMAL weekend in Britain, where nothing unlucky happens. He certainly doesn't deserve to be behind Trulli and webber in the Championship. I really like the guy, and I'd like him to win this year, so i'd like a crazy wet GP where he or 'Nando wins. If it's dry he'll come third fourth or fifth.

(Take your rain mac Phil.. :cheezy: )

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 29 Jun 2008, 06:49

yeah, preliminary forecast: (msn weather)

Fri 04 Jul: Sunny 21C
Sat 05 Jul: Cloudy with drizzle 19C
Sun 06 Jul: Cloudy with showers 20C

but you know how weather forcasts change!

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 29 Jun 2008, 10:19

phil1993 wrote:yeah, preliminary forecast: (msn weather)

Fri 04 Jul: Sunny 21C
Sat 05 Jul: Cloudy with drizzle 19C
Sun 06 Jul: Cloudy with showers 20C

but you know how weather forcasts change!

As someone who's actually attending, do you wish for rain despite that? I do, cos I'll be watching on TV! Yeah the forecasts never know what they're doing. They predicted rain for Malaysia (god knows that would have made the race better), Canada and France, and nothing materialized.

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 29 Jun 2008, 11:07

If it´s going to rain, Hamilton will win the race, Alonson finishing second and Massa third.

If it doesn´t rain, the Ferrari have to be the clear favourites to win it. Kimi over Massa, Hamilton third, Kovalainen fourth.

eleanor
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by eleanor » 29 Jun 2008, 11:33

donald29 wrote:I am going, can't wait, my first GP :shhh:

have a great week-end... I still have to wait two more month til my first gp (valencia)...
'Life is about passions. Thank you for sharing mine.'