2008 FORMULA 1 Santander British Grand Prix

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Santander British Grand Prix

Post by Sanredrose » 08 Jul 2008, 18:14

mfelat wrote:I can not believe, what Ferrari have done yesterday. I am ashamed as a Ferrari fan.
Even force India does not make this kind of silly strategy mistakes.
Whenever it rains Ferrari loses (Nurnburgring, Japan, Monaco and Britain)...

I think they should try two different strategies for both drivers to minimize the risk,
but they did the same silly mistake for both drivers even Massa has too many
problems with his car and tires.
That will cause unwanted trouble within the team. If you try different strategies one might accuse the other of being biased ! Even if they keep quiet the media will blow things out of proportion ..

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 08 Jul 2008, 18:15

AzShadow wrote:It's quite odd that even though the race was chaotic and many drivers spun there was no SC at any stage. Silverstone has large areas for the drivers to slip from the track.
That's a good point .. No Safety Car at all !!

morsus
kart driver
kart driver

Post by morsus » 08 Jul 2008, 20:27

i'm an F1 fan, not a driver X or Y fan, so, having said that:

I wonder what would the comments have been if it was Hamilton pushing the photographer.. :D

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 09 Jul 2008, 13:33

Ferrari wanted Safety Car during British GP
PlanetF1 wrote:Ferrari urged the British GP race director to deploy the Safety Car during Sunday's event, it has been revealed.

According to ITV reporter Ted Kravitz, 'When it was very wet, at around three-quarters distance, a few teams, including Ferrari, were asking race director Charlie Whiting whether it was appropriate to bring out the Safety Car.'

The request was quite rightly rejected, not least because only two cars, the Hondas of Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello, were using the extreme wet tyres. Ferrari were instead undermined by their decision not to change Kimi Raikkonen's intermediate tyres at his first pit-stop - a decision that was made, according to Kravitz, by 'Kimi, Chris Dyer and Luca Baldisseri.' The Finn's involvement may explain why he refused to blame the team for the blunder after the race.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 09 Jul 2008, 18:37

PlanetF1 and ITV aren't really Ferrari's and Kimi's best friends. :tired:

But yeah, it was odd that there was no SC at any stage despite of all the action out there. It surely would have spiced things up, but not necessarily changed the winner.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 09 Jul 2008, 20:09

xyneid wrote:Ferrari wanted Safety Car during British GP
PlanetF1 wrote:Ferrari urged the British GP race director to deploy the Safety Car during Sunday's event, it has been revealed.

According to ITV reporter Ted Kravitz, 'When it was very wet, at around three-quarters distance, a few teams, including Ferrari, were asking race director Charlie Whiting whether it was appropriate to bring out the Safety Car.'

The request was quite rightly rejected, not least because only two cars, the Hondas of Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello, were using the extreme wet tyres. Ferrari were instead undermined by their decision not to change Kimi Raikkonen's intermediate tyres at his first pit-stop - a decision that was made, according to Kravitz, by 'Kimi, Chris Dyer and Luca Baldisseri.' The Finn's involvement may explain why he refused to blame the team for the blunder after the race.
Blablabla, cry, cry, cry
This is pretty cheap from the Italians!! Only 2 cars were driving on the full wets. Besides, the damage on the track with cars slipping of the track was very little!! But still, pretty strange.. Asking for the SC when your a minute down... It has definately got to do something with that fact!! Cheaters!!
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 09 Jul 2008, 22:24

Thats a pretty cheap thing to try and do.

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 09 Jul 2008, 22:32

AzShadow wrote:PlanetF1 and ITV aren't really Ferrari's and Kimi's best friends. :tired:

But yeah, it was odd that there was no SC at any stage despite of all the action out there. It surely would have spiced things up, but not necessarily changed the winner.
That's true .. Its was pretty odd that there was no safety car. But interestingly there was not even a single accident. None of the drivers who retired had managed to find a wall to crash !! Some were unlucky to get caught in the gravel trap and lost the race. Moreover i believe Silverstone had a lot of space and gravel trap around the track to afford cars going off the track .. Since there was no crash at all, i think it was fine not to have a safety car situation. Moreover it wasn't as worse as Fuji 07..

f1anatic
kart driver
kart driver

Post by f1anatic » 10 Jul 2008, 02:39

Of course Ferrari wanted the Safety Car. They had to salvage their race and make up for the poor strategy.

On the other hand, I would take the Safety Car over red-flagging the race and having a restart. Happened I think twice in the last 10 years, one time being certainly Spa 1998.

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 10 Jul 2008, 06:02

I accept "f1anatic" your opinion on Safety car. But i don't remember seeing any safety car or red flag situation in British GP ??

Ankit-Iceman
car driver
car driver

Post by Ankit-Iceman » 11 Jul 2008, 17:46

Seriously WTH ??? :<>:

When was the last time Kimi genuinely blamed the team :blink: Kimi never gives excuse or blames unlike other drivers. What about Fuji ? when Ferrari put intermediate on start when it was raining like crazy :huh: Look at Alonso he is always moaning about something or the other always :roll::

Kimi did well in the race I think. Even with 2 spins and wrong tyres manage to get P4 so it was not so bad after what happened in the race :sad:
If you want to win, get a Finn

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 11 Jul 2008, 18:08

^^^ don't get provoked ..as mention b4 ..PlanetF1 and ITV have reputation to create on B*S* theories.
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 12 Jul 2008, 20:42

Ankit-Iceman wrote:

Seriously WTH ??? :<>:

When was the last time Kimi genuinely blamed the team :blink: Kimi never gives excuse or blames unlike other drivers. What about Fuji ? when Ferrari put intermediate on start when it was raining like crazy :huh: Look at Alonso he is always moaning about something or the other always :roll::

Kimi did well in the race I think. Even with 2 spins and wrong tyres manage to get P4 so it was not so bad after what happened in the race :sad:
I agree with you regarding Kimi's words. He never complains about the team or releases his frustration to media. I have seen Kimi in Mclaren with worst possible retirements .. like last lap problem and losing a race victory !

McLaren-F1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by McLaren-F1 » 13 Jul 2008, 09:05

what a race from Hamilton he fully deserved it he drove superbly in bad conditions and showed everyone how good he is in wet..For Kovalainen i think it was bad race cuz his car was on dry set-up and could'nt match with Hamilton and made 2 big mistakes it cost him podium..In last stint he was the fastest but it was just enough to be 5th..But he was very fast whole weekend and deserved pole with 0.7 second gap to Kimi and Hamilton they were just 2 laps heavier than him 2 lap means 0.2sec it shows how fast he was..I wanted to see him to win the race and Hamilton 2nd at first it was 1-2 but when he got past from Kimi i thought 3rd would be good for him but it didn't happen..For Ferrari they really need Ros Brown they don't know how to behave in wet races it's a shame on Massa he was like dancer..For Kimi he was fast when the circuit was drying maybe that's because he was in dry set-up..Because before the 1st pitstop 17-20 he was closing HAmilton very fast lapping 0.7-0.8second faster than Hammy but in pit McLaren changed HAmmy's tiyres ferrari didn't..At first i was surprised that they didn't changes his tyres cuz out commentator said it'll rain again so it would be disaster for him and ferrari at last it started to rain and he lost 4-5seconds for 10 lap...They didn't call Kimi back cuz his fuel tank doesn't have enough space to bring his car finish line so they had horrible 10lap..But Hamilton was really superb he didn't pust and he made 68second gap and everyona lapped apart from Heidfeld and Barichello..I have to say Ros Brawn is very intelligent man ferrari shouldn't have lost him Barichello would have finished 2nd if he hadn't had fuel rig problem they couldn'T fuel his car to the finish line so they had to pit again..Also great job from Heidfeld he's looking strong and his qualifying pace became stronger than before he's closer Robet than before it's good for him and BMW..
4ever McLaren...

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 13 Jul 2008, 14:21

Kimi never speaks outside the car. He uses his driving to speak.

As for the Safety Car issue:

A) It was pretty damned wet at the point Hamilton had his brief off, although teams could and certainly should have changed to wets.

B) Not just Ferrari complained. I hate this war between Mac fans and Ferrari fans: DON'T BE UNREASONABLE: Ferrari don't cheat, just try to manipulate the best situation, Macca don't (as a whole team - don't forget Spying Scandal) cheat. I'd like to know which other teams asked for the SC.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.