It is currently 21 Nov 2017, 12:06

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 300 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 French Grand Prix
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2008, 13:37  
F1 Driver

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2008, 13:58  
F1 Driver

It's gonna rain! I hope so anyways.

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2008, 14:18  
car driver

Hi Guys, new here!

Anyway, just watched the practice session and I think the Alonso and the two Fezza's are going to be too quick for Lewis to score many points. Lewis was a little off the pace too, I think he will get points on Sunday, but only a few.

Fingers crossed it rains then (I'm a Brit as you can tell ;-) )
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2008, 14:23  
Donator

It's evident Alonso time is for gallery. But, he was 6 on FP1, and on FP2 have good times, 3-7 for a long time. But both BMW were very slow on FP2, so tomorrow sure fight for top 4 on grid.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2008, 14:55  
Kart Champion

dacer wrote:
But both BMW were very slow on FP2, so tomorrow sure fight for top 4 on grid.

I keep repeating it like a mantra: how often do you see BMWs being fast on Fridays? Does it mean they will be slow tomorrow in Q3? :roll::

Unlikely.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2008, 15:23  

The racing starts in the qualifying. :wink:

I guess Renault wanted to please their home crowd a bit.

Ferrari looks very fast indeed. Kimi's long runs were excellent. Massa's time 1:15.3 was three tenths shy from last year's pole time. So if the cars are quicker than last year, we could enjoy some nice 1:14's in Q2.

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2008, 15:29  
car driver

You think Alonso's time was for show (to please the French)? I actually think he will Q top three (probably sacrafice fuel and stop early). Nelson Piquet Jr is surely in for the chop soon. Still, he behaves better than his Dad ever did.

And didn't Alonso keep hold of the Renault well coming out of the final turn!? Anyone see that? Most impressive.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2008, 15:42  
F1 Driver

Alonso's best time came from the very first of lap of his 8-lap run on softer tyres. So it's not that bad, really encouraging. But of course, like in Spain, it's just for the media in French for the sake Renault squad's popularity and PR thing. Raikkonen lapped his times on longer stints, which were very consistent and solid, especially in 2nd practice session. Raikkonen will be very strong in the race.

It's very much likely that front row might consist of Alonso and Hamilton, who both might be on ultra light cars. If that will be the case, then it's much likely to see first lap battle between them :)

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2008, 15:59  
F1 Rookie

flapshot wrote:
You think Alonso's time was for show (to please the French)? I actually think he will Q top three (probably sacrafice fuel and stop early). Nelson Piquet Jr is surely in for the chop soon. Still, he behaves better than his Dad ever did.
And didn't Alonso keep hold of the Renault well coming out of the final turn!? Anyone see that? Most impressive.

A rookie with a lot of mistakes, lack of speed vs. a three times world champion :huh:

Even being a Renault show off, it`s good to see Alonso in P1 i hope he qualifies well tomorow and get some points.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2008, 16:04  
car driver

MP4/4#12 wrote:
A rookie with a lot of mistakes, lack of speed vs. a three times world champion:huh:
Even being a Renault show off, it`s good to see Alonso in P1 i hope he qualifies well tomorow and get some points.

I just think he isn't doing himself justice, I'd like him to out-do Alonso. I dislike FA after last season ;)
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2008, 16:05  
F1 Driver

Did they do the SC test?
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2008, 16:08  
Kart Champion

xyneid wrote:
It's very much likely that front row might consist of Alonso and Hamilton, who both might be on ultra light cars. If that will be the case, then it's much likely to see first lap battle between them :)

You will not see that. Hamilton will start from 11th spot at best.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2008, 16:11  
F1 Driver

color wrote:
xyneid wrote:

Ooo, how fool I am :p

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2008, 16:14  
F1 Driver

xyneid wrote:
color wrote:
xyneid wrote:

Ooo, how fool I am :p

They did SC testing but I didn't understand what was happening. Not every car was on track. I didn't see SC physically, just marshall's plates.

Forget about me, that's the explanation:

Formula1.com wrote:
At the end of the session the FIA conducted a test to validate new safety car software. Once every car crossed the line after the end of P2 and taken the chequered flag, all of the marshals’ posts showed yellow flags and SC (safety car) boards, yellow lights were illuminated in the cars and the message ‘Safety Car deployed’ was displayed on timing monitors. Within five seconds of the message being displayed all of the drivers were required to select the Safety Car Mode and then proceed to the pits, irrespective of their position on the track at the time. The test is believed to have been successful.

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2008, 16:30  
car driver

Yeah, I heard the Toyota team tell Trulli to stay out for SC test on the team radio. I didn't get it either?

Thanks for the snippet there xyneid
 Offline Profile  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 300 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20  Next