2008 FORMULA 1 French Grand Prix

User avatar
f1freak
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 322
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 07:46

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 French Grand Prix

Post by f1freak » 17 Jun 2008, 07:39

I think Kimi Should have a good race after 2 disappointing races.Monaco no fault of his & canada lewis screwed up his race.He will be determined to do better.We can also expect the regular podium finishers like Massa,Kubica & Heikki maybe.For lewis it will a race for consolation as life without TC will be difficult plus a 10 spot grid penalty might make things diffcult for him.

User avatar
Kimi_F1
car driver
car driver
Posts: 7
Joined: 10 Jun 2008, 05:43

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 French Grand Prix

Post by Kimi_F1 » 17 Jun 2008, 08:17

My opinion is this: Scuderia Ferrari can and will make the 1-2 because of the two very bad races. They will appear strong and Kimi is going to make his miracle!!!

User avatar
JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion
Posts: 11852
Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Location: Tilburg
Contact:

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 French Grand Prix

Post by JoostLamers » 17 Jun 2008, 09:05

Kimi_F1 wrote:My opinion is this: Scuderia Ferrari can and will make the 1-2 because of the two very bad races. They will appear strong and Kimi is going to make his miracle!!!

Not because of the last 2 races, but Because Hamilton will start from 12-13 I think :p
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image

flashman
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 67
Joined: 12 May 2008, 14:09
Location: Poland

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 French Grand Prix

Post by flashman » 17 Jun 2008, 12:36

Ferrari's always been very strong here, I think it won't change a lot this year (on condition that it'll be a dry race, if not - anything can happen). Podium for Raikkonen, Massa and Kubica, and I hope Kovalainen will finally finish relatively high after so many disappointing races for him. I also wouldn't be surprised if Hamilton didn't finish the race - he'll be pushing very hard to gain some positions during the race.

User avatar
Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Posts: 4153
Joined: 27 Jun 2007, 15:26
Location: Bombay
Contact:

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 French Grand Prix

Post by Zack » 17 Jun 2008, 12:40

Nothing stops Ferrari they put their acts together & work properly on strategy! *optimism*

F2008 updates ..
Image

Image
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

User avatar
Speedy Gonzales
car driver
car driver
Posts: 9
Joined: 25 Apr 2008, 19:31

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 French Grand Prix

Post by Speedy Gonzales » 17 Jun 2008, 14:03

Zack wrote:Nothing stops Ferrari they put their acts together & work properly on strategy! *optimism*

F2008 updates ..
Image

Image

interesting changes, maybe 0,1sec forward :roll::
Sorry for my english

User avatar
syafiqa
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 362
Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 01:38
Location: malaysia

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 French Grand Prix

Post by syafiqa » 18 Jun 2008, 08:24

No doubt, Kimi will win the race !yahoo:

1-2 for ferrari :cheezy:

Astalavista :shhh:

dacer
Donator
Donator
Posts: 590
Joined: 20 Jun 2007, 15:42
Location: Almeria, Spain

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 French Grand Prix

Post by dacer » 18 Jun 2008, 10:33

melody wrote: What about Kovalainen? He actually should be stronger than Alonso. :blink:

what???, kovalainen stronger than any?. I think he is the worst driver on F1.

I hope any Reanult on podium, it's his home race. And really don't thing Piquet can do it, so only Alonso can get it.

I will enjoy with Kubica (1), Kimi (2), Alonso (3). And Hamilton is the new Ralf. Sure he crash with any

User avatar
[FIN]SpeedFreak
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 262
Joined: 09 Apr 2007, 17:54
Location: Finland

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 French Grand Prix

Post by [FIN]SpeedFreak » 18 Jun 2008, 10:41

dacer wrote:
melody wrote: What about Kovalainen? He actually should be stronger than Alonso. :blink:

what???, kovalainen stronger than any?. I think he is the worst driver on F1.

I hope any Reanult on podium, it's his home race. And really don't thing Piquet can do it, so only Alonso can get it.

I will enjoy with Kubica (1), Kimi (2), Alonso (3). And Hamilton is the new Ralf. Sure he crash with any


No way Kub or Alonso could challenge Ferrari's in France. No way. It will be Ferrari 1-2 followed by Kovalainen. Alonso far behind. What I think is Kubica and Heidfeld could beat Alonso. So:
1. Kimi
2. Massa
3. Kova
4. Kub
5. Heidfeld
6. Alonso
etc...

Reason: McLaren's and Ferrari's are way too fast to Renault, Alonso might beat Heidfeld, but he surely don't has change to fight from podium. And by the way it's his home race? There's only one driver who drives this race as his home race and it's Bourdais. It's renault's home race, but you can't call renault "his" so got you brains out of that damn coat rack and think again. At this moment you have to admit, that Kova is stronger than Alonso.

dacer
Donator
Donator
Posts: 590
Joined: 20 Jun 2007, 15:42
Location: Almeria, Spain

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 French Grand Prix

Post by dacer » 18 Jun 2008, 10:48

joostlamers wrote:
Kimi_F1 wrote:My opinion is this: Scuderia Ferrari can and will make the 1-2 because of the two very bad races. They will appear strong and Kimi is going to make his miracle!!!

Not because of the last 2 races, but Because Hamilton will start from 12-13 I think :p


Hamilton have 10 places punishment. If he start 12 or 13, he must be 2 or 3 on q3. To get this, he must has a low fuel. Its very difficult to overtake (well, magny course have a great turn to do it), so maybe he fill his fuel tank, try 6 on g3, 16 on grid, try to overtake from 16 to 8 on race before first pit stop, and 2 more on pit

dacer
Donator
Donator
Posts: 590
Joined: 20 Jun 2007, 15:42
Location: Almeria, Spain

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 French Grand Prix

Post by dacer » 18 Jun 2008, 10:54

FerrariFan[FIN] wrote:No way Kub or Alonso could challenge Ferrari's in France. No way. It will be Ferrari 1-2 followed by Kovalainen. Alonso far behind. What I think is Kubica and Heidfeld could beat Alonso. So:

Who believe Alonso can get a good race on Spain?. Do you remember spain race?. Alonso can get great race when he is very motived, and France race, near spain, and Renault house.

If his car ended the race, I think sure top5, maybe top3. If he will had a little luck....

User avatar
[FIN]SpeedFreak
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 262
Joined: 09 Apr 2007, 17:54
Location: Finland

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 French Grand Prix

Post by [FIN]SpeedFreak » 18 Jun 2008, 11:07

dacer wrote:
FerrariFan[FIN] wrote:No way Kub or Alonso could challenge Ferrari's in France. No way. It will be Ferrari 1-2 followed by Kovalainen. Alonso far behind. What I think is Kubica and Heidfeld could beat Alonso. So:

Who believe Alonso can get a good race on Spain?. Do you remember spain race?. Alonso can get great race when he is very motived, and France race, near spain, and Renault house.

If his car ended the race, I think sure top5, maybe top3. If he will had a little luck....


Luck and luck you then don't get it? Hamilton is only McLaren Alonso can beat in France. McLaren surely gives this time better strategy to Kova, if they don't they would be extremely stupid. If Alonso gets good starting place let's say about top 5 he would get good race. But still you don't remember, that he droved that second place in Spain's qualifying because he had low fuel. That's why he managed to drove to second place in that qualifying. He need same tactics in France too to get that close to front drivers in qualifying. And he has to come to pits earlier than others. :p

dacer
Donator
Donator
Posts: 590
Joined: 20 Jun 2007, 15:42
Location: Almeria, Spain

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 French Grand Prix

Post by dacer » 18 Jun 2008, 11:24

Renault before spain, was worst car than Ferrari, McLaren, BMW, Toyota, RedBull and Williams.

Today, Renault, seem only worst than Ferrari, McLaren and BMW. Now, seems better than Toyota (Piquet overtake both on Canada) William and RedBull.

So, it's true he must have low fuel for a good grid position, but not such low than Spain race. Remember than Alonso have 6 laps more on Canada. Pedro de la Rosa said to spanish TV, that Hamilton (mclaren) have no more than 2-4 laps. So maybe Alonso get 4 on canada with more fuel than Hamilton. If thats is true, Alonso can be 3 (Hamilton dropped ten places) with a good fuel charge.

If he get 3 on grid, do you believe he can be on podium?

User avatar
Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2476
Joined: 07 Oct 2007, 21:13
Location: Istanbul
Contact:

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 French Grand Prix

Post by Ali » 18 Jun 2008, 11:39

dacer wrote:If he get 3 on grid, do you believe he can be on podium?

Absolutely, definitely, irrevocably not. There will be at least 5 drivers from Ferrari, Mclaren and BMW in front of Alonso. Indeed, Hamilton can beat Alonso despite his penalty. Renault must first beat Red Bull, Toyota and Williams.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 5958.shtml
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

dacer
Donator
Donator
Posts: 590
Joined: 20 Jun 2007, 15:42
Location: Almeria, Spain

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 French Grand Prix

Post by dacer » 18 Jun 2008, 14:44

xyneid wrote:Absolutely, definitely, irrevocably not. There will be at least 5 drivers from Ferrari, Mclaren and BMW in front of Alonso. Indeed, Hamilton can beat Alonso despite his penalty. Renault must first beat Red Bull, Toyota and Williams.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 5958.shtml

Like Canada, five or six drivers of them behind Alonso. Ohh, yes sure any of them was unlucky........ Tipicall looser stories.

Grid on Canada '08
http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2008/793/6519/
1 Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1:17.886 19
2 Robert Kubica BMW Sauber 1:18.498 14
3 Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 1:18.735 23
4 Fernando Alonso Renault 1:18.746 22
5 Nico Rosberg Williams-Toyota 1:18.844 26
6 Felipe Massa Ferrari 1:19.048 23
7 Heikki Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes 1:19.089 25
8 Nick Heidfeld BMW Sauber 1:19.633 21
9 Rubens Barrichello Honda 1:20.848 25
10 Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault no time 15

Locked